Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 28
Los Angeles May 20 Stones show live updates
Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 20, 2013 23:54

This thread is for live updates and comments regarding the Rolling Stones Los Angeles May 20 show. Please tell us your pre- and post-show thoughts and comments here.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-21 00:13 by bv.

Re: Los Angeles May 20 Stones show live updates
Posted by: lettingitbleed ()
Date: May 20, 2013 23:59

The "boys" are back in the city. Stange schedule for this tour and lots of opportuity for Cali fans to get their rocks off. Wish I could be there...

So many questions..who will guest? How or If they will change up the setlist from previous LA area shows? Could we be in for some special suprises tonight? Will Lisa sound better?

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: May 20, 2013 23:59

bv
This thread is for live updates and comments regarding the Rolling Stones Los Angeles May 20 show. Please tell us your pre- and post-show thoughts and comments here.

Adding a t to your thoughts there bv, the lack therein has been bothering me. cool smiley

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: May 21, 2013 00:03

It would be awesome to have Johnny (Rotten) Lydon as a guest, since he loves side 1 of Exile. Lydon on Rip This Joint would surely rip that joint. Is he in town? Has he been asked? Probably won't happen, but that would make for an interesting--even remarkable--moment onstage.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 21, 2013 00:14

latebloomer
bv

Adding a t to your thoughts there bv, the lack therein has been bothering me. cool smiley

Thanks for telling. The "t" typo has survived copy&paste but is gone from now on!

Bjornulf

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: May 21, 2013 00:20

bv
latebloomer
bv

Thanks for telling. The "t" typo has survived copy&paste but is gone from now on!

No worries, you have been a little busy. smiling smiley

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 21, 2013 01:28

No special guests mentioned yet?

Maybe it will be the ultimate MICK TAYLOR NIGHT!!!! thumbs up

Posted by: wopperla ()
Date: May 21, 2013 01:46

Thank God we are out of Anaheim.

Did anyone notice the Nazi vibe Saturday night? Starting with the Really Milataristic Bible Thumpers lined up every ten feet outside the Honda to the completely obnoxious Honda Usher who got into my face during Brown Sugar because I was one foot into the aisle and then the infamous Exit route created by who knows who to make sure we CANNOT get on Katella to easily get back on the 5 Freeway but wind up on some back road on the outskirts of Anaheim.

Just me?

Anyone else?

Anyway glad to back in La La Land tonight!

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: May 21, 2013 02:01

Ronnie just posted this on twitter:

@ronniewood Here's my backstage guitar (and shoes!) ~ I'm relaxing here for now reading and answering your tweets!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-21 02:05 by kowalski.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: May 21, 2013 02:04

kowalski
@ronniewood Here's my backstage guitar (and shoes!) ~ I'm relaxing here for now reading and answering your tweets!

Oh, Ronnie is so lame these days! What happened to necking four pints of Guinness and slamming back the double vodkas, eh?

Posted by: mgshorr ()
Date: May 21, 2013 02:28

wopperla
Thank God we are out of Anaheim.

Did anyone notice the Nazi vibe Saturday night? Starting with the Really Milataristic Bible Thumpers lined up every ten feet outside the Honda to the completely obnoxious Honda Usher who got into my face during Brown Sugar because I was one foot into the aisle and then the infamous Exit route created by who knows who to make sure we CANNOT get on Katella to easily get back on the 5 Freeway but wind up on some back road on the outskirts of Anaheim.

Just me?

Anyone else?

Anyway glad to back in La La Land tonight!

Yeah, I'm ashamed to be from OC

Posted by: Marhsall ()
Date: May 21, 2013 02:35

I think not drinking is probably in his best interest at this point! Lol..besides I don't think he could have played Y.G.T.S. any better with Guinness anyway

"Well my heavy throbbers itchin' just to lay a solid rhythm down"

Posted by: WindyHorses ()
Date: May 21, 2013 02:36

Have a great concert tonight. Do not throw up on your shoes.
I had my concert last Wednesday. I am not jealous. Just happy to remember one of the best nights of my old life.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: May 21, 2013 03:25

I love Ronnie!

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: May 21, 2013 03:25

Is the venue filling up? Are the lines as opening night for the 85'ers?

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: May 21, 2013 03:52

no news on guest?

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 21, 2013 04:38

Mick Taylor just popped in for a chat ~ not long to go before the gig #Staples We're talking about Jimi Hendrix ~

[twitter.com]

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: May 21, 2013 04:43

Great photo! Now let him play more than 2 songs!

Posted by: batcave ()
Date: May 21, 2013 04:46

Wow, Jimi Hendrix is going to be the guest. Have to admit, did not see that one coming....

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: May 21, 2013 04:50

It's just Randy Hansen in blackface again. Expect complaints.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: May 21, 2013 04:51

batcave
Wow, Jimi Hendrix is going to be the guest. Have to admit, did not see that one coming....

If they can bring back Hendrix it wont be long until the Bryan Jones folks start popping up... Then we'll start hearing about the 4 or 5-guitar onslaught!

Posted by: eddiefm ()
Date: May 21, 2013 04:52

Any word on tickets? Seems like pit tickets dropped on all the scalper sites, including stub hub to around 700-800$....

No word on $85 tickets. I wonder what would happen if I try my chances at the box office right now. Hmm... Or maybe I'll just go to bed. Last time was such a fiasco and waste on those $85 tickets... sad smiley

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: May 21, 2013 04:53

wow -the guys smoke marlboro lights now?

Date: May 21, 2013 05:07

bye bye johnny

Mick Taylor just popped in for a chat ~ not long to go before the gig #Staples We're talking about Jimi Hendrix ~

[twitter.com]

Man does this give me goosebumps. Just the thought of Mick Taylor back in the dressing room with Ronnie brings tears to my eyes. Is this really happening? I dreamed it long ago, and by god it happened! Still seems surreal.

Posted by: Mel Belli ()
Date: May 21, 2013 05:09

That's a great shot. Really heartening to see him back in the fold. Ronnie, for all his foibles, is a great human, and a great ambassador.

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: May 21, 2013 05:11

"Red House"! Taylor and Jagger have both performed it right?

Date: May 21, 2013 05:15

Wonderful picture of the two of them. Have fun tonight everyone. We are now in Palm Springs......which is at least the same state! Would have loved to be at the show. Hey Stonesrule and Bluzdude.....maybe catch up next week when we reach LA?

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: May 21, 2013 05:19

Ronnie and Taylor looks really great. Not enough can be said for Jagger's example of good health. We know he's been on Taylor for his weight and Ronnie for being Ronnie but here's the proof that these guys are giving their best efforts for the fans and one another. An honest attempt to earn the big money they command. I'll toast these evolving rockers tonight with carrot juice...BRAVO!

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: May 21, 2013 05:25

>Not enough can be said for Jagger's example of good health. We know he's been on Taylor for his weight

We do? Source?

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: May 21, 2013 05:27

Glam Descendant
"Red House"! Taylor and Jagger have both performed it right?

love red house. i think jimi owns it at this point though...

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1893
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home