Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 2 of 10
Re: The Rolling Stones with Dave Grohl - Bitch
Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: May 19, 2013 17:03

roby
Green Lady
making the rest of the band (Mick included) into guests at the Dave Grohl Show was not fun.

confused smiley Come on ! Dave as Mick effectively just have a great time...

Just saying you don't like him and his band is enough !

roby, you say what you feel and I will say what I feel, and that is what it felt like to me (obviously not to anybody else, but then I'm not everybody else, and nor are you). I can see why people liked it - I didn't, and that was why. Please feel free to disagree, but don't tell me what not to say.

PS: this is not a personal attack on Dave Grohl. Nice man, and I wish I liked his music more than I do.

Posted by: REMChicagoBOY ()
Date: May 19, 2013 17:03

Dave Grohl on "Bitch" is the best musical moment yet on this tour, easily.

I read on the other page concerning this show about how the fan has become a bit jaded with this tour. I have to see I agree.

While in an hour and half, they can't play everything to please everyone, but, honestly, do they have to play "It's only Rock and Roll" or "Sympathy for the Devil" at every single show? I can't believe I get excited to hear "You Got Me Rocking" only because it's something different, even if the song sucks. They are becoming worse the Elton John (I stopped going to see him live years ago because of his stale "hits" setlists) and Fleetwood Mac (Do they have have a record besides 'Rumors'? You'd never know it from their setlist).

"Bitch" with Dave Grohl is a prime example of, if you play something that isn't played to death, the crowd will react. "Emotional Rescue" being the same.

They need to take an example from Paul McCartney's current tour. He dropped some songs that were becoming stale and added to rarities.

The person who posted about jaded also said he now looks at the younger generation of fans who are overly excited to hear "Miss You" live for their first time and get enjoyment from that now. I totally agree, and I"ve been doing that as well.

Posted by: roby ()
Date: May 19, 2013 17:07

For sure. smiling smiley And I think Keith would be happy to have the half of the half of the Mick energy.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 19, 2013 17:11

That was pretty damn good...got better as the song progressed too.

Posted by: seitan ()
Date: May 19, 2013 17:17

Theres no point in this Keith bashing..
You have three guitars on stage, Dave plays most of the lead guitar parts, there is no point for Keith to go over the top, I think he plays cool...
No point in turning this into guitar battle between Dave and Keef...that would show poor musical taste - this is not sport, - it's rock n roll and - they let their special guest do his own thing...Nothing new, They always give their special guests some space, it's cool -
It's not even that kind of a guitar hero song where @#$%& could try to compare their penis size ...

And come on - to compare 70 year old men with people in their 40's makes no sense whatsoever...this Keith bashing on this thread is tiresome.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-19 17:27 by seitan.

Posted by: roby ()
Date: May 19, 2013 17:22

I just compare Mick and Keith...

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: May 19, 2013 17:24

seitan
...this Keith bashing on this thread is tiresome.

i agree; the bashing on the other threads is much more refreshing.

Date: May 19, 2013 17:30

seitan
Theres no point in this Keith bashing..
You have three guitars on stage, Dave plays most of the lead guitar parts, there is no point for Keith to go over the top, I think he plays cool...
No point in turning this into guitar battle between Dave and Keef...that would show poor musical taste - this is not sport, - it's rock n roll and - they let their special guest do his own thing...Nothing new, They always give their special guests some space, it's cool -
It's not even that kind of a guitar hero song where @#$%& could try to compare their penis size ...

And come on - to compare 70 year old men with people in their 40's makes no sense whatsoever...this Keith bashing on this thread is tiresome.
I agree completely

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: May 19, 2013 17:45

Ace! hot smiley

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: May 19, 2013 17:54

uhbuhgullayew
GumbootCloggeroo
No wonder some of you guys aren't happy with this current tour. You're comparing it to performances over 30 years ago?!? sheesh!

1973 was 40 years ago.....
and 1873 was over 30 years ago tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: May 19, 2013 17:59

REMChicagoBOY
Fleetwood Mac (Do they have have a record besides 'Rumors'? You'd never know it from their setlist).
Nonsense. They've been playing pretty much the same set on this current tour and out of the 23 songs on it, 7 are from Rumors.

Date: May 19, 2013 18:00

GumbootCloggeroo
REMChicagoBOY
Fleetwood Mac (Do they have have a record besides 'Rumors'? You'd never know it from their setlist).
Nonsense. They've been playing pretty much the same set on this current tour and out of the 23 songs on it, 7 are from Rumors.

it was just a rumour

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: May 19, 2013 18:11

Well at least someone is playing guitar.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 19, 2013 18:13

GRNRBITW
GumbootCloggeroo
REMChicagoBOY

it was just a rumour

you can go your own way, man.

Date: May 19, 2013 18:17

Rumours is tight

Date: May 19, 2013 18:18

Thrylan

nominee for title of upcoming live album?

Date: May 19, 2013 18:27

GRNRBITW
Thrylan

I am down with that, be better than KP on BOB!

Date: May 19, 2013 18:41

Thrylan
GRNRBITW
Thrylan

I am down with that, be better than KP on BOB!

when i see BOB, i can't help but think of that b.b. king birthday joke...

Date: May 19, 2013 18:47

Don't know that one.......I hate my own ignorance.

Date: May 19, 2013 18:49

sigh. for his bday, his wife has a B tattoo'd on each buttock. bb comes into the bedroom, she bends over and shows him his present...to which, he replies, "Who's BOB?"

Posted by: palerider22 ()
Date: May 19, 2013 18:53

Eleanor Rigby
bitch from Perth 1973 is by far the best.
Which is why Mick Taylor should be playing on this song...I still don't get it...'sigh'...

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: May 19, 2013 18:53

Great energy! Bring him back for slightly dragging songs like Rocks off.
To compare with 70's versions makes no sense here.

Posted by: REMChicagoBOY ()
Date: May 19, 2013 18:54

And sort of an "exaggeration" on my part.

The major point being the Stones have a wonderful catalog, yet us diehards never get to hear it live due to the casual fans needing to be pleased.

And have they already dropped "Emotional Rescue" or was it for one night only for "Btich" with Dave Grohl? I hope "ER" returns.

Date: May 19, 2013 19:02

Agreed. ER may not be a classic, but it's much more acceptable to have glitches or awkwardness on new/rare songs than say, Sympathy.

Date: May 19, 2013 19:03

This was a really great performance - by everyone! thumbs up

Posted by: palerider22 ()
Date: May 19, 2013 19:12

CousinC
Great energy! Bring him back for slightly dragging songs like Rocks off.
To compare with 70's versions makes no sense here.

Oh sure, why not...bring Grohl back for 'Rocks Off". Bring him back for the final bow too...he plays as much as Taylor does...you know, the original guitarist on that song sitting around watching...

Posted by: Beast ()

Green Lady
roby
Green Lady
making the rest of the band (Mick included) into guests at the Dave Grohl Show was not fun.

confused smiley Come on ! Dave as Mick effectively just have a great time...

Just saying you don't like him and his band is enough !

roby, you say what you feel and I will say what I feel, and that is what it felt like to me (obviously not to anybody else, but then I'm not everybody else, and nor are you). I can see why people liked it - I didn't, and that was why. Please feel free to disagree, but don't tell me what not to say.

PS: this is not a personal attack on Dave Grohl. Nice man, and I wish I liked his music more than I do.

Hey - I'm with you, Green Lady! Mick gave an absolutely steaming performance and I can see why people like that style of guitar-playing but it wasn't made for the Rolling Stones and nor is it a patch on the Rolling Stones. It's in your face with none of that delicious subtlety. I didn't share the enthusiasm for the Foo Fighters with Mick on SNL for the same reason.

Posted by: steini ()

Great, but comparing Grohl to Jagger and both of them to Keith and so on..wow what can i say. Keith was good he is not trying anything to spoil the jumping good rocking fun Grohl is having also to me the Stones are secure with themselfs and are polite to let guests enjoy the spot.
Also it´s not that hard to come in one song and act on full steam plus just singing half of the song and playing with two guitarists.
They were all good.

Posted by: KatieGirl ()
Date: May 19, 2013 19:14

Me too!

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: May 19, 2013 19:21

I think the obligatory live album after this tour should be nothing but songs where they had guests, like this one. This and Midnight Rambler with Taylor would undoubtedly be the highlights of such an album.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 2 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1894
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home