Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112
Current Page: 12 of 12
Re: Anaheim-2 May 18 Stones show live updates
Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: May 20, 2013 16:02

I think that Keith and Ronnie could sit down on chairs and focus on just playing, they don't have to stand, for me it's enough that Jagger moves around I think Keith and Ronnie could play much better by sitting down.cool smiley

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 20, 2013 16:31

hbwriter
Shattered was great - thought MJ in particular was very good - slightly slower pace-

Yeah this is the name of the tour : "slightly slower pace in 2013"

Posted by: Captainchaos ()
Date: May 20, 2013 16:54

Rokyfan
Captainchaos
goodvibe61
The three guitar attack on stage is capable of being a fantastic change. But it's difficult to integrate it without alot of playing together.

To me, Mick Taylor playing on Rambler has been fun to watch, and it sounds great at times, but you can tell that the three of them get confused about who is doing what. It takes time for all 3 players to get comfortable. Having Taylor start playing on a bunch of stuff off the bat would just muddy up the works. Give it a little time. I thought Rambler was superb the other night.

As for all the conjecture about the state of the relationship between Mick and Keith, I prefer to be a glass half full kind of guy. The fact is the band is truly together and these shows are hugely entertaining. We can criticize Keith forever about not being what he used to be; who is? Especially when you've had the kind of life he's had! And all I saw for 2 1/2 hours the other night was an enormous grin on Keith's face for the entire show; if he's being "punished" by Jagger, Keith certainly fooled me, he looks like he's having a spectacular time out there.

That 1st show at Honda Center really put the hook in me. I was stunned by how they sounded, and I thought Jagger was an absolute marvel. The guest spots are fine, and while I do hope they mix in more deep tracks, I understand the reliance on the big hits to dominate. I'm just glad they're playing; I was moved just being in the same building with them, my god all the memories of living my life listening to their music, it's incredible to see them still, and to see their ability to give a great performance.

I've got to go back tomorrow night, this is just too great an experience to know it's going on up the street to miss it.

very true, it'll defo take a while to find the space & shapes to play in - be amazing fun for the aidience to see this happen, exciting, element of danger winking smiley

it should not take awhile to find the shapes and spaces to play in, these are pros playing simple songs they know in their sleep. This idea that it would take mammoth rehearsal time for taylor to sound good on a lot of songs is rubbish. That is not why they are not using him more.

Danger of what?

Think your reading me wrong, i LOVE danger, it's what makes live music feel live, that thin line between genius and falling flat on your arse, its not premeditated, pro players or not, any player would like a few goes through & see what the lay of the land is like - don't get me wrong, i really don't think it would take much at all to get a feel/see where they are - certainly not 'mammoth rehearsal time'! eg Midnight Rambler, currently sounds MEGA, still fresh, element of danger/whats gonna happen/ etc etc - all this i absolutely love! im no fool in seeing how the 3 of them have become more accustomed to the song and how the 3 of them go about interpreting it.

think its a slowly slowly catch your monkey - ther's still a fair old few dates to go yet.

Posted by: UGot2Rollme ()
Date: May 20, 2013 17:04

rollingon
I think that Keith and Ronnie could sit down on chairs and focus on just playing, they don't have to stand, for me it's enough that Jagger moves around I think Keith and Ronnie could play much better by sitting down.cool smiley

I liked it during No Security tour when Keith sat down for Silver. He focused more on playing and singing the song back then. Otherwise, I'd hate it if they sat down for any of the fast songs.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: May 20, 2013 17:35

Captainchaos

Think your reading me wrong, i LOVE danger, it's what makes live music feel live, that thin line between genius and falling flat on your arse, its not premeditated, pro players or not, any player would like a few goes through & see what the lay of the land is like - don't get me wrong, i really don't think it would take much at all to get a feel/see where they are - certainly not 'mammoth rehearsal time'! eg Midnight Rambler, currently sounds MEGA, still fresh, element of danger/whats gonna happen/ etc etc - all this i absolutely love! im no fool in seeing how the 3 of them have become more accustomed to the song and how the 3 of them go about interpreting it.

think its a slowly slowly catch your monkey - ther's still a fair old few dates to go yet.

Sorry, I knew what you meant, my point was that there is no what you call danger in their music anymore, I was just being a little cute. There's no danger, it's professional musicians jamming, to a degree, within a harmonic framework. it's what they do, othing ever falls apart and if it does momentarily 90% of the crowd doesn;t notice anyway. Their music used to invioke danger, at times, during great live performances of Shelter, Rambler, Sympathy, others, not really from the feeling that the music might fall apart but from the aura created by the meaning of those songs and the electric live execution that sometimes occurred. It's just the nature of things that you don't get that electricity from 60 year olds performing 30 year old songs, which is not a knock and not saying that they can't still put on a great show. Just not trying to recreate something that can't be.

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: May 20, 2013 18:34

UGot2Rollme
rollingon

I liked it during No Security tour when Keith sat down for Silver. He focused more on playing and singing the song back then. Otherwise, I'd hate it if they sat down for any of the fast songs.

Ok, I think you are right about this, it might be a little odd for the fast songs,
maybe the concert could be half slow songs for which could sit down and half fast songs.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: May 20, 2013 22:08

dcba
hbwriter
Shattered was great - thought MJ in particular was very good - slightly slower pace-

Yeah this is the name of the tour : "slightly slower pace in 2013"

grinning smiley

Date: May 20, 2013 22:21

no shattered and YGMR videos yet? No?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-20 22:22 by RollingTbilisiStones.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: May 20, 2013 23:53

My seat was just off the left side of the stage—a little forward of Bobby Keys's platform—and when Mick came up to us wagging his finger, etc., I thought MICK'S SO CLOSE, AWESOME. But honestly, part of me was "be careful, Mick!" He'd be two feet from the edge of the stage there, with no protective barrier, and in that area right opposite me, if some fan threw satin panties (they threw them elsewhere) and Mick slid on it, it was a straight fifteen foot plummet to hard concrete below. And Mick obviously wasn't looking down, he was looking at us. So most of me was the fanatic rock fan, but a sliver of me was a worried mother.

I was thinking of Bill, in 1978, reaching out to shake a fan's hand as he left a stage—the edge hidden by a curtain—and dropping to the cement below, getting knocked out for several minutes, and his damaged shoulder bothering him years later.

P.S. A star of a hit TV sit-com saw my new Stones T-shirt in a cafe yesterday and came up and asked, "What night did you see them?" And we compared the Stones shows we'd seen. I'll not share his name because a clerk told me he's been in there before and I don't want to see him there again and have him be annoyed I blabbed about him here. But a celebrity wouldn't have approached me yesterday if I hadn't been wearing my new Stones T-shirt.

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: May 21, 2013 04:21

TeddyB1018
That was right in front of me and my view was as they met, Keith pointing at Jagger mouthing "pleased to meet you," Mick reacting with a surprised half-smile, and then both moving on to continue to work the song individually.

That is 100% correct. I also sat right in front of where they met and read it the same way.

I can't believe how negative and downright nasty some of you get in your comments, made even worse if you weren't at the actual show you're complaining about.

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112
Current Page: 12 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1951
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home