Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112Next
Current Page: 11 of 12
Re: Anaheim-2 May 18 Stones show live updates
Posted by: bigfrankie ()
Date: May 20, 2013 01:40

delete

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-20 01:43 by bigfrankie.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: May 20, 2013 01:41

No Expectations
SWAYZ
Mr Goodman is spot on in his reviews. Lisa cant sing worth a shite anymore on Shelter, and is a complete and utter slob. Looks like a chorizo sausage stuffed in its casing!

I'm sure if she met you in person she could make some equally ignorant personal comments...but my guess is she would have more class.

I think we've heard better versions before. To me it sounds like an off night. Maybe her voice wasn't feeling completely 100%.

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: May 20, 2013 01:46

flacnvinyl
No Expectations
SWAYZ
Mr Goodman is spot on in his reviews. Lisa cant sing worth a shite anymore on Shelter, and is a complete and utter slob. Looks like a chorizo sausage stuffed in its casing!

I'm sure if she met you in person she could make some equally ignorant personal comments...but my guess is she would have more class.

I think we've heard better versions before. To me it sounds like an off night. Maybe her voice wasn't feeling completely 100%.

She sounded just fine to me in Oakland and San Jose.

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: May 20, 2013 01:48

bigfrankie
delete

Your post was spot on! Why delete it?

Posted by: angee ()
Date: May 20, 2013 02:16

Grison,

What was your number in line in Las Vegas?

(Write me if you wish, have a couple more questions.)

Sounds like a great time!

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Captainchaos ()
Date: May 20, 2013 02:28

goodvibe61
The three guitar attack on stage is capable of being a fantastic change. But it's difficult to integrate it without alot of playing together.

To me, Mick Taylor playing on Rambler has been fun to watch, and it sounds great at times, but you can tell that the three of them get confused about who is doing what. It takes time for all 3 players to get comfortable. Having Taylor start playing on a bunch of stuff off the bat would just muddy up the works. Give it a little time. I thought Rambler was superb the other night.

As for all the conjecture about the state of the relationship between Mick and Keith, I prefer to be a glass half full kind of guy. The fact is the band is truly together and these shows are hugely entertaining. We can criticize Keith forever about not being what he used to be; who is? Especially when you've had the kind of life he's had! And all I saw for 2 1/2 hours the other night was an enormous grin on Keith's face for the entire show; if he's being "punished" by Jagger, Keith certainly fooled me, he looks like he's having a spectacular time out there.

That 1st show at Honda Center really put the hook in me. I was stunned by how they sounded, and I thought Jagger was an absolute marvel. The guest spots are fine, and while I do hope they mix in more deep tracks, I understand the reliance on the big hits to dominate. I'm just glad they're playing; I was moved just being in the same building with them, my god all the memories of living my life listening to their music, it's incredible to see them still, and to see their ability to give a great performance.

I've got to go back tomorrow night, this is just too great an experience to know it's going on up the street to miss it.

very true, it'll defo take a while to find the space & shapes to play in - be amazing fun for the aidience to see this happen, exciting, element of danger winking smiley

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: May 20, 2013 02:33

No Expectations
flacnvinyl
No Expectations
SWAYZ

She sounded just fine to me in Oakland and San Jose.

she was great in oakland. very glad to have her back singing gimme.

Posted by: Delta ()
Date: May 20, 2013 02:52

Those shows have been fun and energetic. Why all of the complaining? The Stones don't need Mr. Taylor. I think he will end up playing more songs. This is a test run, the boys still have a lot of fire.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: May 20, 2013 03:10

Captainchaos
goodvibe61
The three guitar attack on stage is capable of being a fantastic change. But it's difficult to integrate it without alot of playing together.

To me, Mick Taylor playing on Rambler has been fun to watch, and it sounds great at times, but you can tell that the three of them get confused about who is doing what. It takes time for all 3 players to get comfortable. Having Taylor start playing on a bunch of stuff off the bat would just muddy up the works. Give it a little time. I thought Rambler was superb the other night.

As for all the conjecture about the state of the relationship between Mick and Keith, I prefer to be a glass half full kind of guy. The fact is the band is truly together and these shows are hugely entertaining. We can criticize Keith forever about not being what he used to be; who is? Especially when you've had the kind of life he's had! And all I saw for 2 1/2 hours the other night was an enormous grin on Keith's face for the entire show; if he's being "punished" by Jagger, Keith certainly fooled me, he looks like he's having a spectacular time out there.

That 1st show at Honda Center really put the hook in me. I was stunned by how they sounded, and I thought Jagger was an absolute marvel. The guest spots are fine, and while I do hope they mix in more deep tracks, I understand the reliance on the big hits to dominate. I'm just glad they're playing; I was moved just being in the same building with them, my god all the memories of living my life listening to their music, it's incredible to see them still, and to see their ability to give a great performance.

I've got to go back tomorrow night, this is just too great an experience to know it's going on up the street to miss it.

very true, it'll defo take a while to find the space & shapes to play in - be amazing fun for the aidience to see this happen, exciting, element of danger winking smiley

it should not take awhile to find the shapes and spaces to play in, these are pros playing simple songs they know in their sleep. This idea that it would take mammoth rehearsal time for taylor to sound good on a lot of songs is rubbish. That is not why they are not using him more.

Danger of what?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-20 03:11 by Rokyfan.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: May 20, 2013 04:33

harald2002
We saw about 35 Shows. This was one of the best ones ever!
Specially BITCH with Dave Grohl was awesome!
Looking Forward to LAX and Hyde-Park
Some first row IPHONE pics..

Those are great shots of Keith and Ronnie with the acoustics. Thanks for posting those.

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: May 20, 2013 04:39

rollingon
crumbling_mice
The thing that really irks me is that you would be hard pushed to find a Stones fan who would prefer to see Dave Grohl playing the solo on Bitch in place of Mick Taylor. Yet here we have a situation where Taylor (one of the world's best rock lead players) is standing in the wings watching Dave Grohl play on a song that he recorded with the band. Now if playing a show is giving the public what they want then they are missing the opportunity big time. Fine, have Grohl as a guest if you must, but why give him a Taylor suited song? Why not give him Respectable like they did with Meyer?

I'm not sure about Jagger intentionally trying to hurt Keith by having these guests up front with him, if anyone is getting hurt it's Taylor. Yes, I'll give you that Grohl upped the energy, but wouldn't Taylor have done the same although it would have been through his playing rather than his head banging.

Yes, to me also this is very odd that Grohl is playing the solo on Bitch, it just doesn't make musically any sense when Mick Taylor is available...

Is Jagger intentionally trying to hurt Mick T., Keith and fans all at the same time by proving that he can do whatever he wants with the Rolling Stones and everybody is playing by his rules, so this is some weird ego thing for Jagger now? (That todger-comment has really hurt him, I guess...)

Come on, stop making these ridiculous assumptions based on nothing. Grohl came out as a guest. Why would they have 4 guitar players on stage, seems a bit much. Grohl played the solo because he's a guitar player and all the guests have played solo's.

How can you turn this into thinking that Jagger is upset about some silly imature comment in a book?!

Cheers,
Wuudy

Date: May 20, 2013 04:46

rollingon
roby
SFTD... 3:26, Keith tries an approach... No, thanks guy.

So Jagger hasn't really forgiven Keith?

Lol, another great assumption based on nothing. Just because he walked past Keith he's upset?

Sorry, I don't mean to be attacking you. I just think it's weird that people here make all these weird assumption based on nothing. We can't have a clue about how they feel or why Taylor only plays one or two songs and not more so I think it's crazy that everybody keeps making all these weird assumptions.

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: Long John Stoner ()
Date: May 20, 2013 05:05

Wuudy
rollingon
roby

Lol, another great assumption based on nothing. Just because he walked past Keith he's upset?

Sorry, I don't mean to be attacking you. I just think it's weird that people here make all these weird assumption based on nothing. We can't have a clue about how they feel or why Taylor only plays one or two songs and not more so I think it's crazy that everybody keeps making all these weird assumptions.

Based on nothing? No offense, but where have you been?

Posted by: AJDuffer ()
Date: May 20, 2013 05:28

How was Shattered? Has anyone seen any video postings of this song as it was their first time on this tour, Shidoobee!

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: May 20, 2013 05:37

Wuudy
rollingon
roby

this is a place for people to "talk about their favorite band". there is nothing that says that nothing can be said that hasn't been fact checked 3 times over, cleared by lawyers, and vetted by a panel of experts before it's been posted. it's just a place to talk about the band.

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: May 20, 2013 05:39

They do the same thing every show on SFTD. I have been in the pit all shows and
Mick and Keith work the catwalk and I do not think it has anything to do with
their 30 yr feud. Keith really enjoys playing as we are screaming from a few feet
away and occasionally gives a quick glance and smile. Jagger, as usual, does not
make eye contact and plays to the wider audience.They have been doing it this way for yrs.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: May 20, 2013 07:15

Wuudy
I just think it's weird that people here make all these weird assumption based on nothing. We can't have a clue about how they feel

It's based on something--Jagger's own words. After 50 years of being in the same band and having known each other since grammar school--spanning all but 7 of their 70-odd years--Mick can only refer to Keith as a something of a co-worker rather than as a friend. It's gone from Waiting On A Friend to Waiting On Someone I Have A Strong Working Relationship With. And if fans are fine with that, then they must also be fine with the fact that there will never be another new Stones album so long as the situation remains as it does.

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: May 20, 2013 07:24

Shattered was great - thought MJ in particular was very good - slightly slower pace-

Posted by: WindyHorses ()
Date: May 20, 2013 07:35

stonehearted
Wuudy
I just think it's weird that people here make all these weird assumption based on nothing. We can't have a clue about how they feel

It's based on something--Jagger's own words. After 50 years of being in the same band and having known each other since grammar school--spanning all but 7 of their 70-odd years--Mick can only refer to Keith as a something of a co-worker rather than as a friend. It's gone from Waiting On A Friend to Waiting On Someone I Have A Strong Working Relationship With. And if fans are fine with that, then they must also be fine with the fact that there will never be another new Stones album so long as the situation remains as it does.

Let's hope it doesn't come to that. I don't really buy Mick or Keith's version of the two of them. No way are they co-workers only. You can't go through years and years and be so little. Keith says in his book they were friends. Charlie says they are brothers; always fighting; always getting on. That makes more sense than anything else to me.
I love those guys.Hey-I love all four of them. But Mick and Keith are so childish-it's funny. Mick with his death stares. Keith ignoring his signals onstage, turning his back and walking away. 70 years old and they act like they are still 7 years old.

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: May 20, 2013 08:47

My view, from the pit! I can die now!

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: May 20, 2013 08:49

WindyHorses
stonehearted
Wuudy

Let's hope it doesn't come to that. I don't really buy Mick or Keith's version of the two of them. No way are they co-workers only. You can't go through years and years and be so little. Keith says in his book they were friends. Charlie says they are brothers; always fighting; always getting on. That makes more sense than anything else to me.
I love those guys.Hey-I love all four of them. But Mick and Keith are so childish-it's funny. Mick with his death stares. Keith ignoring his signals onstage, turning his back and walking away. 70 years old and they act like they are still 7 years old.

Yes, they seem to be like little children!

Posted by: vermontoffender ()
Date: May 20, 2013 09:02

You Got The Silver was amazing last night. Absolutely heartfelt and wonderful. The Rolling Stones are on the road again creating magic and the majority of posters on this board are sitting at home, watching clips on Youtube, and complaining.

Far be it from me to define what constitutes being a "fan" of the Rolling Stones, but it seems like, perhaps, actually liking the band should be a prerequisite.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 20, 2013 10:26

Wonderful version of "You Got The Silver"! I really love Keith's way to sing it so smoothly. Touchy as hell. It was a personal highlight for me in A BIGGER BANG tour, and I really liked his "Tom Waits Routine" there, with that "over-interpretation" and all, but now he does it differently, holding the horses a bit, and it sounds so fresh again. Keith really has put thought into his performances.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-20 10:29 by Doxa.

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: May 20, 2013 10:49

Doxa, you are not the only one, for sure... I thing "You Got The Silver" was highlight for the vast majority of the people who have attended ABB shows. Ronnie did very good work on it.

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: May 20, 2013 11:10

rollingon
WindyHorses
stonehearted
Wuudy

Does Mick like anyone not named Mick?

Yes, they seem to be like little children!

Date: May 20, 2013 11:42

Long John Stoner
Wuudy
rollingon
roby

Based on nothing? No offense, but where have you been?

I meant, if he doesn't acknowledge Keith when he walks past doesn't mean that he hasn't forgiven Keith for whatever thing he might have to forgive him for.

Cheers,
Wuudy

Date: May 20, 2013 11:47

sonomastone
Wuudy
rollingon
roby

this is a place for people to "talk about their favorite band". there is nothing that says that nothing can be said that hasn't been fact checked 3 times over, cleared by lawyers, and vetted by a panel of experts before it's been posted. it's just a place to talk about the band.

Of course! We should say whatever we feel like.
Rollingon might be right or wrong about his opinion and I might be right or wrong. My opinion is just that I think it is impossible and pointless to think that if one band band member didn't look at the other one that it's because of whatever argument they might have but we can't have a clue if they actually are having arguments. We just get a couple of quotes in the media.

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: May 20, 2013 12:21

That was right in front of me and my view was as they met, Keith pointing at Jagger mouthing "pleased to meet you," Mick reacting with a surprised half-smile, and then both moving on to continue to work the song individually.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: May 20, 2013 14:57

Straycat13
My view, from the pit! I can die now!
His evils eyes - saying, I hate Keith, let's bring Grohl on stagehot smiley

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: May 20, 2013 15:46

TeddyB1018
Keith pointing at Jagger mouthing "pleased to meet you," Mick reacting with a surprised half-smile

Cool, you must have been really close. Great.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112Next
Current Page: 11 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1825
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home