Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112Next
Current Page: 10 of 12
Re: Anaheim-2 May 18 Stones show live updates
Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: May 19, 2013 22:00

oops - posted too soon.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-19 22:01 by Green Lady.

Posted by: goodvibe61 ()
Date: May 19, 2013 22:01

The three guitar attack on stage is capable of being a fantastic change. But it's difficult to integrate it without alot of playing together.

To me, Mick Taylor playing on Rambler has been fun to watch, and it sounds great at times, but you can tell that the three of them get confused about who is doing what. It takes time for all 3 players to get comfortable. Having Taylor start playing on a bunch of stuff off the bat would just muddy up the works. Give it a little time. I thought Rambler was superb the other night.

As for all the conjecture about the state of the relationship between Mick and Keith, I prefer to be a glass half full kind of guy. The fact is the band is truly together and these shows are hugely entertaining. We can criticize Keith forever about not being what he used to be; who is? Especially when you've had the kind of life he's had! And all I saw for 2 1/2 hours the other night was an enormous grin on Keith's face for the entire show; if he's being "punished" by Jagger, Keith certainly fooled me, he looks like he's having a spectacular time out there.

That 1st show at Honda Center really put the hook in me. I was stunned by how they sounded, and I thought Jagger was an absolute marvel. The guest spots are fine, and while I do hope they mix in more deep tracks, I understand the reliance on the big hits to dominate. I'm just glad they're playing; I was moved just being in the same building with them, my god all the memories of living my life listening to their music, it's incredible to see them still, and to see their ability to give a great performance.

I've got to go back tomorrow night, this is just too great an experience to know it's going on up the street to miss it.

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: May 19, 2013 22:02

We are telling those who are uninformed. His solo career did not take
of for many reasons. Music changed. The Stones were not very prolific
after he left either.

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: May 19, 2013 22:04

Ok so you're putting up again a silly fight. Under grown ups it seems that People tend to be more childish and stupid than ever.
First it was the moaning about the set list then about the Long Absence then about ticket Prices and then about everything one is able to compalin.

This is our 5th and last concert in the Pit and we were right in front of Mick slightly left. The view was superb. The Experience of These 5 concerts have been just great.
This last concert of our trip again proved that the Rolling Stones like to perform and they had a lot really a lot of fun.

I would like to thank Justin who sometimes is on this board for being first in the line up of the tongue pit and getting to know him.
We were second, third and forth in the Pit Queue.

Don't get me wrong I do not mind if you critisize this or that, but Keep your mouth shut if you judge on Videos which never ever can accomplish the live experience.

All in all we met wonderful People, also Björnulf I would like to thank to have a very nice talk and many many more.

So on with the Show and hopefully all other People who will experience the Shows will have the same like we did.

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: May 19, 2013 22:06

Brstonesfan
The 3 guitar approach just adds a lot to the tempo. That is the biggest
problem for yrs IMO. The songs are simply played too slow .

Yes, I agree with this. There should be more speed but
maybe they are playing slower because it becomes more difficult
to keep it together if the tempo is faster. Even now there are
obvious difficulties in guitar playing. I personally like very much 81/82
super fast playing, it just feels so energetic. It is so wrong that
they didn't play some of their very best songs at all in those tours...

Posted by: bigfrankie ()
Date: May 19, 2013 22:11

Keith always does the solo on Bitch (even in 72), just like he did in the studio. I don't care either way about Grohl. He said a stupid thing about Keith in that documentary. If you want to haev him guset for one song, no big deal.

The big deal is MT hanging around doing nothing. He steps up, makes MR the highlight of the show. Hangs around for a while more and maybe comes out to play a few chords on Satisfatcion. I really, for the life of me, don't get it.

The only explanation is: Mick Jagger does whatever he pleases. Period. Now "why?" is another question all together.

This tour is turning out to be the biggest missed opportunty in Rolling Stones history.

don't give me that ole one two, one two three four

Date: May 19, 2013 22:23

They had a chance to do things with MT that they have not done
in yrs. Why treat him like a pinch hitter as opposed to a
starter? Makes no sense.

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: May 19, 2013 22:35

bigfrankie
Keith always does the solo on Bitch (even in 72), just like he did in the studio. I don't care either way about Grohl. He said a stupid thing about Keith in that documentary. If you want to haev him guset for one song, no big deal.

The big deal is MT hanging around doing nothing. He steps up, makes MR the highlight of the show. Hangs around for a while more and maybe comes out to play a few chords on Satisfatcion. I really, for the life of me, don't get it.

The only explanation is: Mick Jagger does whatever he pleases. Period. Now "why?" is another question all together.

This tour is turning out to be the biggest missed opportunty in Rolling Stones history.

there are many more explanations. perhaps we will find out when they finally take the question in an interview.

Posted by: jcooz ()
Date: May 19, 2013 22:36

Interesting posts. Grohl on stage, probably a good choice. He's current, popular,and added some energy.However, Grohl's "young, loud, snotty and fast" mentality, I don't think meshes with the Stones' groove. At this stage, the Stones are all about how the groove feels. Bitch was the right fit for Grohl, but I don't see how his thrashing about would work on any other songs, save maybe Satifaction.At best, he was a nod to younger fans, as were some of the other 'young' guests. As far as the Mick Taylor discussion, HE quit the band, as did Bill Wyman. They should be happy they're included, because the Stones obvioulsy didn't have to. Anybody really think there would be empty seats if they didn't play the 'warhorses'? I seriously doubt it. If the top ticket price was $300 instead of $600, they could play full houses for 2-3 years, and just play blues. It's a high ticket price, because of the limited number of shows, and it may very well be the last time. I've seen them every tour since '72, but I'm gonna miss this one, unless they add some dates later.

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: May 19, 2013 22:37

bigfrankie

Maybe Jagger just doesn't like the idea about three guitars in more than one song or maybe Keith doesn't like it...

It can be challenging to keep it together with three guitars as goodvibe61 writes above. It would require a lot of rehearsing to really make it work.

And also they can't go back in time to only Richards / Taylor because Ronnie is a fully acknowledged member of the band so he can't be pushed off the stage!

I think it is just difficult situation for them, they must be aware of the wishes the fans have for Taylor playing more but they are not young anymore,
so making radical changes to the band and the arrangements of songs is maybe not so easy for them.

I think if Ronnie voluntarily would like to keep a break during 2-3 songs and only Richards / Taylor would play during that time, it would be the best solution IMO.

Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: May 19, 2013 22:44

Anyone read the reviews? Mr. Goodman and mr. Bagel once again appear to have seen different shows, where the former picked one of the numerous free seat in de $600 section with his upper ring ticket, and the latter remarks that all fancy sections were full. Also Lisa is giving the two of them a rather different Gimme Shelter.

I must say Dean Goodman is becoming an entertaining read.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: May 19, 2013 22:51

Limbostone
Anyone read the reviews? Mr. Goodman and mr. Bagel once again appear to have seen different shows, where the former picked one of the numerous free seat in de $600 section with his upper ring ticket, and the latter remarks that all fancy sections were full. Also Lisa is giving the two of them a rather different Gimme Shelter.

+1.

Posted by: pmk251 ()
Date: May 19, 2013 23:03

<The big deal is MT hanging around doing nothing. He steps up, makes MR the highlight of the show. Hangs around for a while more and maybe comes out to play a few chords on Satisfatcion. I really, for the life of me, don't get it.>

Again, I think this has more to do with a convenient way to get MT on stage for the bows than actually playing on the song. I am happy he is included during the bows, but I get your point.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: May 19, 2013 23:08

andrewt
Limbostone

+1.

Plus100
Jeroen

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: May 19, 2013 23:09

Limbostone

Noticed the same thing. Was about to comment when I saw your post. Would never consider "You Got Me Rockin" a welcome addition to the setlist but thats just me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-19 23:14 by No Expectations.

Date: May 19, 2013 23:16

All the shows Jane been at leat 90-95% full , although there has yet to be a sell out. The fears of 1/2 empty arenas was handled by the ticket drops and $85
seats. Still, this will be the first US tour since ? That has not
one true sell out! Astounding!

Posted by: Arron ()
Date: May 19, 2013 23:26

Sorry if this has already been asked but I haven't seen it if so.
Are the 2013 gigs still starting with the video of celebs and the masked Grrregory drummers?

Posted by: warmthofthesun ()
Date: May 19, 2013 23:27

I was there last night,unfortunately in was in Sec 442 row U which is at the very top middle against the wall. This was the 4th time I've seen them, saw them in Honolulu 73, Coliseum 89,Edison Field 2002. The sound was great compared to the others, songs were great, crowd was great. It was like hearing a machine, everything sounded perfect. What I noticed is also the tempo of the songs were really slowed down, but I attribute that to it being 50 years since they started. Start Me Up was the song I noticed everyone in the arena just suddenly got kicked in the tail to rock out too just a little bit more than the others. The reefer would get rather thicker in smell when the rockers played. Another item I noticed Keith and Ronnie didn't smoke their usual cigs while playing.I will forever cherish this as a bucket list check off.

Posted by: UGot2Rollme ()
Date: May 19, 2013 23:35

just saw Bitch. Grohl injected a hell of a lot of energy into that one and Mick was totally into it - sounded great, bet guest and one of the best songs I've heard on the tour so far, by far. 100% rock and roll, no Gwen/Katy b.s.

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: May 19, 2013 23:43

Was I dreaming, or was I really in the pit in the second row?!?!!

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: May 19, 2013 23:51

Straycat13
Was I dreaming, or was I really in the pit in the second row?!?!!

The only way to really know is to pinch your pits...if it hurts you were there...

Posted by: harald2002 ()
Date: May 19, 2013 23:53

We saw about 35 Shows. This was one of the best ones ever!
Specially BITCH with Dave Grohl was awesome!
Looking Forward to LAX and Hyde-Park
Some first row IPHONE pics...:

Posted by: benroyblenkle ()
Date: May 20, 2013 00:13

hbwriter
Grohl gets a lot of flack for being overexposed - fair point perhaps, but i have to tell ya, he is an awesome to talk with. He's passionate, knowledgeable an funny as freaking hell - and he's real. You may not like his style, but that energy up there last night is raw and real- that's a kid living his dream in the real world - playing like his life depends on it- because it does. You wanna rip that guy to shreds? Gimme a f---ing break.

Thank you!!!! I met him while I was working on a Soundgarden video he was directing end of last year

and he truly is a very warm open friendly and yes funny guy---I was so happy that he did a song with the Stones
and he nailed it!!!!
it sounded great!

Posted by: SWAYZ ()
Date: May 20, 2013 00:18

Mr Goodman is spot on in his reviews. Lisa cant sing worth a shite anymore on Shelter, and is a complete and utter slob. Looks like a chorizo sausage stuffed in its casing!

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: May 20, 2013 00:32

SWAYZ
Mr Goodman is spot on in his reviews. Lisa cant sing worth a shite anymore on Shelter, and is a complete and utter slob. Looks like a chorizo sausage stuffed in its casing!

no food talk on this board!

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: May 20, 2013 00:40

HB ( Chris) I have said that very thing not long ago, about WHO the set list is tailored to.....and it is NOT FOR ME and the die hards...just a fact. At some point, Irealize that I just have to gop to the show and get totally involved in what they DO play, and how it's done, and look for the subtle changes from one version I've seen to the next.
Bitch was incredible w/ Grohl, and I would love to see him in Boston. He injected that set with FIRE! Mick was actually levitating! I think that the matter of Mick Taylor will remain a mystery...the inside story shall remain a secret but I do know that it is a decision Mick made with the rest of the band and I believe it's now a contractural thing. I don't think MT CAN play more than 2 songs..and I HATE THAT!!!
I want to know WHY they had him playing " Love IN Vain" early on and then dropped it....that kills me! Was Keith jealous?

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: May 20, 2013 00:42

/

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-20 00:44 by melillo.

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: May 20, 2013 00:50

SWAYZ

I'm sure if she met you in person she could make some equally ignorant personal comments...but my guess is she would have more class.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: May 20, 2013 01:04

No Expectations
SWAYZ

I'm sure if she met you in person she could make some equally ignorant personal comments...but my guess is she would have more class.

Well said...and chorizo is delicious but filled with cholesterol...

Posted by: SuperC ()
Date: May 20, 2013 01:22

Taylor didn't playn the lead on Bitch but I get your point.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112Next
Current Page: 10 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1984
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home