Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 12
Re: Anaheim-2 May 18 Stones show live updates
Posted by: WindyHorses ()
Date: May 19, 2013 09:03

Is he on the golf course? Poor Bill is scrounging for money?
What happened to your money, Bill?

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 19, 2013 09:03

flacnvinyl
Max'sKansasCity
flacnvinyl
copsnrobbers

From Stones Planet Brazil

Taylor looks great!

In what way?

No big overcoat. Smiling. He looks comfortable.

He looks out of place, like a fish out of water.
Looks like he is asking Keith "Uh whats the next note again? Dude, where am I?

It is kind of an out of of focus picture but is that really a smile? and he is not even playing, like he is not sure of what comes next and he looks kind of "large" and his face is way puffy. Look at this eyes, its as if he ate some shell fish and had a reaction like Will Smith in thamovie "Hitch" [www.google.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-19 09:05 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: champ72 ()
Date: May 19, 2013 09:13

Max'sKansasCity
flacnvinyl
Max'sKansasCity
flacnvinyl
copsnrobbers

Taylor looks great!

In what way?

It is kind of an out of of focus picture but is that really a smile? and he is not even playing, like he is not sure of what comes next and he looks kind of "large" and his face is way puffy. Look at this eyes, its as if he ate some shell fish and had a reaction like Will Smith in thamovie "Hitch" [www.google.com]

What is wrong with you? All these Taylorites have really gotten to you haven't they?

Date: May 19, 2013 09:16

champ72
Max'sKansasCity
flacnvinyl
Max'sKansasCity
flacnvinyl
copsnrobbers

Taylor looks great!

In what way?

What is wrong with you? All these Taylorites have really gotten to you haven't they?

Nothing wrong with me, thnaks for asking, but which part of what I said do you disagree with?

Date: May 19, 2013 09:19

Its not like I said he looks like a whale out of water or anything derogatory like that.

Date: May 19, 2013 09:26

Max'sKansasCity said: "He looks out of place, like a fish out of water.

It is kind of an out of of focus picture but is that really a smile? and he is not even playing, like he is not sure of what comes next and he looks kind of "large" and his face is way puffy. Look at this eyes, its as if he ate some shell fish and had a reaction"

Best post of the daysmiling smiley Your observations are spot on and incredibly funny! I am still laughing my ass off and this is after I spit my drink all over my computer monitor after after first reading your post.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-19 09:31 by its good to be anywhere.

Date: May 19, 2013 09:30

its good to be anywhere

It is kind of an out of of focus picture but is that really a smile? and he is not even playing, like he is not sure of what comes next and he looks kind of "large" and his face is way puffy. Look at this eyes, its as if he ate some shell fish and had a reaction"

Best post of the daysmiling smiley Your obsevations are spot on and incredibly funny! I am still laughing my ass off and this is after I spit my drink all over my computer monitor after after first reading your post.

I hope it was not alcohol, because that might be considered alcohol abuse winking smiley

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: May 19, 2013 09:31

copsnrobbers
]

Dave Grohl in his grunge flannel.

"I'm a lumberjack and I'm okay,
I put down Keith but with Stones I play

I put down Keith, I play on Bitch
I'm in the Lemmy documentary
In Anaheim I go giggin'
But forget what I said 'bout Keith--

'He's a lumberjack and he's okay
He puts down Keith but with Stones he plays

He puts down Keith, he plays on Bitch
He's in the Lemmy documentary
In Anaheim he goes giggin'--

and wears flannel grunge on stage?!'

He's a lumberjack and he's okay....

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: May 19, 2013 09:32

its good to be anywhere

Best post of the daysmiling smiley Your obsevations are spot on and incredibly funny! I am still laughing my ass off and this is after I spit my drink all over my computer monitor after after first reading your post.

I assumed you were complimenting him by pointing out how well suited he is to being a guitarist in the vegas era stones: not sure of what comes next - check, not even playing - check, not sure where he is - check, etc.

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: May 19, 2013 09:32

Anybody know if Keith played on you got the silver, or did Ronnie do the guitarpart?

Date: May 19, 2013 09:38

sonomastone
its good to be anywhere

I assumed you were complimenting him by pointing out how well suited he is to being a guitarist in the vegas era stones: not sure of what comes next - check, not even playing - check, not sure where he is - check, etc.
cool smiley... or something, not to quote Stonetod errrr GRINANDBEARIT, or anything

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: May 19, 2013 09:41

SWAYZ
Undercover1
SWAYZ
PIB.
Really no point in going to more than 2 shows this tour. If your only getting 2-3 different songs a night its pointless.
Gee I wonder if Gimme SHelter is next!

Lol...what an idiot....stay home then.
ACtually an idiot would be spending hundreds or thousands of dollars for 3 diferent songs a night. As has been the trend. If most or all were in the $50-$150 range it wouldnt bother me as much. $250-$2000 no way. I will attend my 2 shows I have tix for and will "stay home" the rest of the way.

I guess I'm an idiot in this guy's view. Nice. Spend all that time and money on an Ivy League education, work hard so I can afford a few luxuries in this life - I'm a pretty smart person, so perhaps the correct description would be "poor judgment"?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-19 09:50 by drbryant.

Date: May 19, 2013 09:57

drbryant
SWAYZ
Undercover1
SWAYZ
PIB.
Really no point in going to more than 2 shows this tour. If your only getting 2-3 different songs a night its pointless.
Gee I wonder if Gimme SHelter is next!

Lol...what an idiot....stay home then.
ACtually an idiot would be spending hundreds or thousands of dollars for 3 diferent songs a night. As has been the trend. If most or all were in the $50-$150 range it wouldnt bother me as much. $250-$2000 no way. I will attend my 2 shows I have tix for and will "stay home" the rest of the way.

I guess I'm an idiot in this guy's view. Nice. Spend all that time and money on an Ivy League education, work hard so I can afford a few luxuries in this life - I'm a pretty smart person, so perhaps the correct description would be "poor judgment"?

In my opinion Doctor, you are a genius.
If you have the time and money to be able to "get it while the getting is good" and you are going to see The Stones, if you are doing it, then it does not get any smarter than that. Later inlife you will never regret the time of money spent going to a Stones show, on the contrary, it will bring a smile to your face. Cheers and bravo to yousmileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-19 09:58 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: May 19, 2013 09:59

In all seriousness, though, I've always found it odd that people who can get so much enjoyment from repeated listenings to the same albums at home seem uninterested in hearing those same songs played live more than once.

Date: May 19, 2013 10:05

In 72 they did the same set every night.

Posted by: greenriver ()
Date: May 19, 2013 10:16

Palace Revolution 2000
In 72 they did the same set every night.
I agree with you but at this time,everything was new to our ears.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: May 19, 2013 10:17

Last summer I traveled all over the US to see the same artist 14 times, he played many of the same songs, they sounded different every time, with a different audience, and I had a differently wonderful time at every show!

I don't think I'm going to regret it if I hear a few Stones songs more than once, either, somehow.

Posted by: maradona ()
Date: May 19, 2013 10:19

JumpinJeppeFlash
Anybody know if Keith played on you got the silver, or did Ronnie do the guitarpart?

Ha! This would have been my very question right now! But thanks, Jesper!
C'mon everybody - we MUST know who did Blondie's part during the song smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: May 19, 2013 10:25

some takes on Anaheim tonight -

wonderful show - if a show makes you forget everything in the outside world - if you get lost in it - it is great. Tonight was majestic in many ways

Grohl on Bitch was amazing - he pushed Jagger into another realm - Bobby Keys was very good on it - but he energized things - that felt special

serious lack of anything between mick and keith- kinda sad - distance- didn't look at each other

Charlie Watts is godlike

a joke to have MT come strum on Satisfaction - bitch - wild horses - one can only imagine

You Got the Silver felt a bit lazy from Keith

I would not trade one second of this show - it is the Rolling Stones - we are blessed

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: May 19, 2013 10:27

hbwriter
- it is the Rolling Stones -

That covers it all

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: jbstones ()
Date: May 19, 2013 10:32

So where is the IORR gang gonna be hanhing out before the show in LA on Monday. I am flying in from Dallas and would not meeting a few of you and share stories and memories of past tours....

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: May 19, 2013 10:36

Aquamarine
Last summer I traveled all over the US to see the same artist 14 times, he played many of the same songs, they sounded different every time, with a different audience, and I had a differently wonderful time at every show!

I don't think I'm going to regret it if I hear a few Stones songs more than once, either, somehow.

Leonard Cohen

Posted by: glimmerman ()
Date: May 19, 2013 11:05

As usual, getting better every show. Sure hope a Philly broadcast is under consideration. What a great night.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: May 19, 2013 11:08

triceratops
Aquamarine

Leonard Cohen

No, I am not Leonard Cohen. Honest.

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: May 19, 2013 11:17

hbwriter
some takes on Anaheim tonight -

wonderful show - if a show makes you forget everything in the outside world - if you get lost in it - it is great. Tonight was majestic in many ways

Grohl on Bitch was amazing - he pushed Jagger into another realm - Bobby Keys was very good on it - but he energized things - that felt special

serious lack of anything between mick and keith- kinda sad - distance- didn't look at each other

Charlie Watts is godlike

a joke to have MT come strum on Satisfaction - bitch - wild horses - one can only imagine

You Got the Silver felt a bit lazy from Keith

I would not trade one second of this show - it is the Rolling Stones - we are blessed

It's so hard to really understand Jagger and Richards...

Would it be so awful to let Mick T. play LEAD for example in three songs???

It seems to me that at least Jagger is very stubborn, if he has decided that this is Taylor's role in tour then any changes can't be done, I wish I was Bill Gates or Mark Zuckerberg and I could Offer Jagger for example 50 million dollars if that would change his mind a little bit (I'm not sure if it would...), or 100 million dollars for letting Mick Taylor to play the whole concert, even Ronnie Wood era songs!

Posted by: sabata ()
Date: May 19, 2013 11:35

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: May 19, 2013 11:40

I saw the show earlier tonight. It was great. I saw them on the 15th and they changed just enough songs for tonight's show to make it interesting. Absolutely loved both nights.

One hilarious unexpected thing I loved tonight was when Mick spoofed the running skit on Saturday Night Live called THE CALIFORNIANS. When Mick hosted SNL he appeared in that episode's segment of THE CALFORNIANS (a pseudo-soap opera that makes fun of L.A. residents' preoccupation with which directions to take from A to B to avoid traffic—I've definitely witnessed such L.A. conversations in real life!). When on SNL, Mick did the So Cal surfer dude/valley girl accent that all the characters speak with in THE CALIFORNIANS.

So when Mick tonight said he asked his driver how he was going to get from L.A. to Orange County, Mick then did the exaggerated So Cal accent (when speaking as the driver), "I'm gonna take Wilshire Blvd to the 405 that I'll take to the 5 that I'll take to the 57, etc. etc." Basically a mini-THE CALIFORNIANS skit, and I thought it was hilarious.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: May 19, 2013 11:43

Actually MT is looking pretty fit too! Great smile and tanned healthy look.

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: May 19, 2013 11:44

Nice one Stonehearted!!!! I love Python!

Posted by: sabata ()
Date: May 19, 2013 11:46

You got the silver

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1860
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home