Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Queen's "Tear It Up"
Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: March 5, 2005 00:12

Not a well-known song, but one of my favorites by Freddie & the crew. I saw a video for this years ago, and loved the heavy strutting riff. It was written by Brian May, and it was just perfect for Freddie in his preening & prancing rock-god heyday. The studio track also features a great lead line by Brian. I've also heard the live version from '86, but I prefer the lengthier studio version.

Anyone else like this track, or Queen in general? As for their albums, my two favorites are the first two, with songs like "Liar" on "Queen" (1973), and all of "Queen II" (1974).

Re: OT: Queen's "Tear It Up"
Posted by: martingo ()
Date: March 5, 2005 01:44

I picked up an official DVD of their show at Wembley, 1986 or so. Very entertaining.

I remember reading somewhere that Queen's popularity rivaled that of the Stones in europe in the early 1980s (I really don't recollect where I read this -- it was some time ago). Is this anything close to a fact?

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: March 5, 2005 01:52

martingo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I remember reading somewhere that Queen's
> popularity rivaled that of the Stones in europe in
> the early 1980s (I really don't recollect where I
> read this -- it was some time ago). Is this
> anything close to a fact?

In the 80's Queen outsold the Stones in Europe (and worldwide) by many millions, actually Queen was the most popular group in the world during the 80's except on the States.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: March 5, 2005 02:24

bassplayer617 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> As for their albums, my two favorites are the
> first two, with songs like "Liar" on "Queen"
> (1973), and all of "Queen II" (1974).

Yep, also my favorites, especially the first one. Doing All Right, Great King Rat, Liar, Son and Daughter are great songs. Also check out Queen at the Beeb from the same time.

- Koen.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1598
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home