Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Zak Starkey Sitting Out European Who Tour?
Posted by: tatters ()
Date: May 17, 2013 01:17

It’s looking as though the Who’s European fans won’t be seeing Zak Starkey behind the drums when the band kicks off its European tour next month. Once again Roger Daltrey’s solo drummer Scott Devours will be filling in for Starkey, who was forced to sit out six gigs during the band’s 2013 North American leg due to a pulled tendon.

The news was broken on the Ludwig drums Facebook page, which posted: “This just in: Ludwig artist Scott Devours will be drumming for The Who on their upcoming UK tour. Congratulations Scott, from the whole Ludwig family.”

The Who has yet to make an official announcement regarding who will be handling drum duties for the European leg.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-17 01:19 by tatters.

Re: OT: Zak Starkey Sitting Out European Who Tour?
Posted by: glimmerman ()
Date: May 17, 2013 07:02

Pulled tendon? Pulled rank maybe. Pete and Roger were flying between cities last tour. Zak was on the not-so-magic bus. Zak rules.

Date: May 17, 2013 07:11

tatters
It’s looking as though the Who’s European fans won’t be seeing Zak Starkey behind the drums when the band kicks off its European tour next month. Once again Roger Daltrey’s solo drummer Scott Devours will be filling in for Starkey, who was forced to sit out six gigs during the band’s 2013 North American leg due to a pulled tendon.

The news was broken on the Ludwig drums Facebook page, which posted: “This just in: Ludwig artist Scott Devours will be drumming for The Who on their upcoming UK tour. Congratulations Scott, from the whole Ludwig family.”

The Who has yet to make an official announcement regarding who will be handling drum duties for the European leg.

Tatters, don't you think this is a little suspicious? I mean, with all the rumors about the sons of the Beatles coming together? Maybe it's going to happen sooner than we think?

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: May 17, 2013 10:13

Who would care enough to pay the Sons Of The Beatles. Thats a rip off concert if I ever heard one. You'd think they all want to be independent enough to not live off that legacy anyway.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: May 17, 2013 10:25

RollingFreak
Who would care enough to pay the Sons Of The Beatles. Thats a rip off concert if I ever heard one. You'd think they all want to be independent enough to not live off that legacy anyway.

Well, you'd LIKE to think that, yes. Personally, having seen what Julian Lennon has got to offer, not to mention James McCartney ....... I'd be hard pushed to think of something that I could be LESS interested in. Sons Of The Beatles !! What a f**King dreadful idea, if ever there was one !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: May 17, 2013 11:37

paulywaul
RollingFreak

Well, you'd LIKE to think that, yes. Personally, having seen what Julian Lennon has got to offer, not to mention James McCartney ....... I'd be hard pushed to think of something that I could be LESS interested in. Sons Of The Beatles !! What a f**King dreadful idea, if ever there was one !!

Please don't mention him ! I was reminded of him yesterday when I accidentally stood on my cat's tail winking smiley

sc uk

Posted by: bonddm ()
Date: May 17, 2013 13:17

When are these guys going to hang it up?First Enwistle dies,then they sack their keyboard player("Rabbit" Bundrick) and now Starkey!

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: May 17, 2013 13:30

bonddm
When are these guys going to hang it up?First Enwistle dies,then they sack their keyboard player("Rabbit" Bundrick) and now Starkey!

This is none of your business.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 17, 2013 14:39

Huh...that sucks, would have liked to see Zak on stage with them in July...

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: May 17, 2013 15:29

Zak is a way better drummer than his dad IMHO
Saw him perform with Oasis a few years ago

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: May 17, 2013 15:39

Zak is a powerhouse on drums.

Date: May 17, 2013 16:43

Doc

Yes, and James is potentially as good or better than Paul, and Sean is potentially as good or better than John, and Dhani is potentially as good or better than George.

Date: May 17, 2013 17:06

JumpinJackOLantern
Doc

Yes, and James is potentially as good or better than Paul, and Sean is potentially as good or better than John, and Dhani is potentially as good or better than George.

Sean is 37 years old. When John was that age, he had already written and recorded his entire career output except for Double Fantasy. Songwriters do not begin to show potential when they are 37 years old.. At that age, they have already written all of the best songs they are ever going to write.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: May 17, 2013 17:11

gotdablouse
Huh...that sucks, would have liked to see Zak on stage with them in July...

Yes, and I'm seeing them in June at the O2 and Wembley Arena in July

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: May 17, 2013 17:30

I will be really sorry if this is true, as Zak is brilliant and I want to hear him play at those three London shows. I did learn about his injury from a reliable source but I don't know if it's still affecting him.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: May 17, 2013 17:31

straycatuk
paulywaul
RollingFreak

Please don't mention him ! I was reminded of him yesterday when I accidentally stood on my cat's tail winking smiley

sc uk

Ha ha - love it! Laugh of the day so far...

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: May 17, 2013 17:45

Doc

Eddie Van Halens son is a monster on bass, like he'd been practicing in his bedroom 8 hours a day as a teenager. What's his name? Bruno? I didn't believe it until I heard it.

Just saying that some musicians sons seem to inherit talent. Sean and Julian of course not. Yoko ruined any potential Sean had to do anything. Last seen he was protesting fracking in upstate NY. Way too much time on his hands

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: May 17, 2013 17:56

tatters
JumpinJackOLantern
Doc

Sean is 37 years old. When John was that age, he had already written and recorded his entire career output except for Double Fantasy. Songwriters do not begin to show potential when they are 37 years old.. At that age, they have already written all of the best songs they are ever going to write.

You mean like Brian Jones was also potentially a great songwriter? You stick the word potentially in the sentence to reverse its meaning (not you, the post you were responding to). Dhani is sure keeping that "potential" under wraps. And Sean will soon overtake his dad as far as worldwide recognition of his songwriting talents, right? Hey, I guess i am potentially as good a songwriter as Lennon, I guess I should give it a go.

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: May 17, 2013 21:36

Seeing The Who perform with Zak convinced me to buy the tix! dmn

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: May 17, 2013 22:11

JumpinJackOLantern
tatters

Tatters, don't you think this is a little suspicious? I mean, with all the rumors about the sons of the Beatles coming together? Maybe it's going to happen sooner than we think?
Here comes the Sons...

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 17, 2013 23:20

No way I'd see The Who without Zak these days. The only rightful heir to Moonie.

Date: May 18, 2013 01:20

Here's the Who with Scott Devours on drums. He seems .... competent? Not sure competent is good enough for the Who.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-18 01:23 by tatters.

Date: May 18, 2013 02:22

triceratops
Doc

Eddie Van Halens son is a monster on bass, like he'd been practicing in his bedroom 8 hours a day as a teenager. What's his name? Bruno? I didn't believe it until I heard it.

Just saying that some musicians sons seem to inherit talent. Sean and Julian of course not. Yoko ruined any potential Sean had to do anything. Last seen he was protesting fracking in upstate NY. Way too much time on his hands

Sean is wasting his talent. He is a mommy's boy just like his father - Yoko being the mother figure for John. He needs to break free from Yoko's apron strings and write some music with Paul's son James. It worked for their fathers until John ruined it all.

Posted by: Montrealsuperfan ()
Date: May 18, 2013 02:24

Zak rocks hard. Saw the Quadrophenia show in November. Quadrophenia is a heavy Keith Moon album and Zak was more then up to the task. Great rhythm section with Pino.

He also killed the drun part on Won't get fooled again.

Date: May 18, 2013 02:30

Rokyfan
tatters
JumpinJackOLantern
Doc

You mean like Brian Jones was also potentially a great songwriter? You stick the word potentially in the sentence to reverse its meaning (not you, the post you were responding to). Dhani is sure keeping that "potential" under wraps. And Sean will soon overtake his dad as far as worldwide recognition of his songwriting talents, right? Hey, I guess i am potentially as good a songwriter as Lennon, I guess I should give it a go.

Go for it!

Date: May 18, 2013 02:31

Montrealsuperfan
Zak rocks hard. Saw the Quadrophenia show in November. Quadrophenia is a heavy Keith Moon album and Zak was more then up to the task. Great rhythm section with Pino.

He also killed the drun part on Won't get fooled again.

He looks out of place with those old "Who" farts! He would look much better behind Sean, James, and Dhani! And the world would be a much better place for millions!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1602
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home