Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112Next
Current Page: 9 of 12
Re: Anaheim May 15 Stones show live updates
Date: May 16, 2013 16:39

<We Don't Care What the Fans Want tour>

Imagine if they really DIDN'T care about the fans:

- No Mick Taylor
- No changes in the setlist
- No Emotional Rescue
- No guests
- More horns
- Matt Clifford every night
- More back up-singers
- Shorter setlists
- More warhorses
- 2012 ticket prices the whole way through

Re: John Mayer joining the Stones in Anaheim
Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: May 16, 2013 16:47

maradona
Indeed, Guillaume!

Just to make all the people here thinking of it - a quote by our member Rutger: "I just listened to that solo on a good set of headphones though and it blew me into the stratosphere. Holy shit... that solo would give any guitarist a run for their money." --> beginning at 01:45 and becoming amazing at 02:05

have fun watching it !!!

It's amazing how you can hear Darryl work on that one.
Very solid rhythmic. excellent version.

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: May 16, 2013 16:49

lougio
They should change the name of the tour to the We Don't Care What the Fans Want tour.
I keep reading people trying to justify why they can't play certain songs and to that I say nonsense. They seem to have no trouble playing Emotional Rescue, Doom and Gloom and, One More Shot. Why is it they can play songs that basically suck but they can't get songs like Love in Vain, Sweet Virginia, Rip This Joint and several others that they rehearsed into the set list. I have always gone to multiple shows on every Stones tour since 1972. This time I don't think I will see more than the one show I now have tickets for. I know tickets are expensive but if the set list improves that won't stop me from seeing more shows. Let's hope it does change as they head east.That's all it will take to improve ticket sales!

That is one hell of a bathroom break.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: May 16, 2013 16:52

No Waiting On A Friend, but here's Midnight Rambler:

(I wish this uploader would decide whether he wants to film the band or the screen - I'm getting cross-eyed watching this!)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-16 16:55 by Green Lady.

Posted by: MoreFastNumbers ()
Date: May 16, 2013 16:56

lougio
They should change the name of the tour to the We Don't Care What the Fans Want tour.
I keep reading people trying to justify why they can't play certain songs and to that I say nonsense. They seem to have no trouble playing Emotional Rescue, Doom and Gloom and, One More Shot. Why is it they can play songs that basically suck but they can't get songs like Love in Vain, Sweet Virginia, Rip This Joint and several others that they rehearsed into the set list. I have always gone to multiple shows on every Stones tour since 1972. This time I don't think I will see more than the one show I now have tickets for. I know tickets are expensive but if the set list improves that won't stop me from seeing more shows. Let's hope it does change as they head east.That's all it will take to improve ticket sales!

LOL. I just can't understand you and the others who are complaining all day.
Shame... But let's say we are used to it.

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: May 16, 2013 17:34

sonomastone
kowalski
Jumpin' Jack Flash from Anaheim :

sounds great, as it has all tour. but is anyone else tired of ronnie repeating that one line over and over again?

The sound quality is just great, but everything is too much a "production", no any improvisation or jamming feeling, of course the last time there was a really spontaneous feeling THROUGHOUT the show was in tour 81/82, everything since then has been a FIXED rock show production, there has been good songs and good moments in the later tours and at this tour, but the latter half of the shows seems to be very boring, repeating the same all over again. Jagger is still very good but the guitar playing lacks real inspiration, there are good guitar parts but on the whole the guitar work is not very inspired but maybe my demands are excessive...If only it would be possible to take energy and dynamic, inspired guitar playing from 70s and 81/82 and sound quality from the current tour and put them together to a 2 and half hour show...Keith wasn't in the best shape in Anaheim, he seemed to be sloppy especially in Gimme Shelter, I wish he could play sharper.

Re: John Mayer joining the Stones in Anaheim
Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 16, 2013 18:12

toomuchforme
maradona
Indeed, Guillaume!

have fun watching it !!!

It's amazing how you can hear Darryl work on that one.
Very solid rhythmic. excellent version.

Totally disagree. No personality. No pop.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: May 16, 2013 18:21

rollingon
sonomastone
kowalski

sounds great, as it has all tour. but is anyone else tired of ronnie repeating that one line over and over again?

The sound quality is just great, but everything is too much a "production", no any improvisation or jamming feeling, of course the last time there was a really spontaneous feeling THROUGHOUT the show was in tour 81/82, everything since then has been a FIXED rock show production, there has been good songs and good moments in the later tours and at this tour, but the latter half of the shows seems to be very boring, repeating the same all over again. Jagger is still very good but the guitar playing lacks real inspiration, there are good guitar parts but on the whole the guitar work is not very inspired but maybe my demands are excessive...If only it would be possible to take energy and dynamic, inspired guitar playing from 70s and 81/82 and sound quality from the current tour and put them together to a 2 and half hour show...Keith wasn't in the best shape in Anaheim, he seemed to be sloppy especially in Gimme Shelter, I wish he could play sharper.
Yep, and Ronnie screwed the riff up at O2 and at MSG.. Just sayin'

Posted by: Tonyz ()
Date: May 16, 2013 18:22

These setlists are killer... while I'm not a fan at all of Emotional Rescue, getting All Down the Line or Rocks Off would make up for it 10 folds.

Cannot f--king wait until next Saturday!

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 16, 2013 18:28

Agree 24FPS. There is no interaction between Darryl and the rest of the band. He kind of plays the bass in a void. He has clearly been the wrong choice since day one.
He is to clever for The Rolling Stones. More of a funk, soul or fusion bassist so to speak. Who ever made that choice? Was it Charlie?

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: May 16, 2013 18:41

Stoneage
Agree 24FPS. There is no interaction between Darryl and the rest of the band. He kind of plays the bass in a void. He has clearly been the wrong choice since day one.
He is to clever for The Rolling Stones. More of a funk, soul or fusion bassist so to speak. Who ever made that choice? Was it Charlie?

How is that any different then when Bill was in the band? There was not exactly a lot of interaction with him either as he just stood in one spot and played stonefaced.

Posted by: Captainchaos ()
Date: May 16, 2013 18:48

Green Lady

(I wish this uploader would decide whether he wants to film the band or the screen - I'm getting cross-eyed watching this!)

On this tour, no matter how many times i hear this song and watch them all play together live it still makes me giddy with joy and appreciate more an more a live band slaying all before them, coldplay U2 and all them with their click tracks, samples, etc can go take a walk - THIS is how live music should be played

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: May 16, 2013 18:57

Captainchaos
Green Lady

On this tour, no matter how many times i hear this song and watch them all play together live it still makes me giddy with joy and appreciate more an more a live band slaying all before them, coldplay U2 and all them with their click tracks, samples, etc can go take a walk - THIS is how live music should be played

save the drum loops for the encore, i always say...

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: May 16, 2013 19:02

rollingon
sonomastone
kowalski

i see what you mean by "production" and i agree that there has been a lot and too much from 1989 up to now but i really cant see nothing wrong with this jack ;-)

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 16, 2013 19:12

oldschool
Stoneage

How is that any different then when Bill was in the band? There was not exactly a lot of interaction with him either as he just stood in one spot and played stonefaced.

I mean musical interaction of course. Bill was an integral part of the Stones sound which Darryl isn't. He's just a hired hand. And has been for more than 20 years now...

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: May 16, 2013 19:40

Given the warhorses haven't changed I'm totally on board with expecting them on June 12th in Boston. From all accounts they are playing the Hell out of them and I plan on taking these great great songs in with no reservations.

Posted by: WindyHorses ()
Date: May 16, 2013 19:51

lougio

lougio,
The Honda Center was full last night. It was packed and 99% of the fans were on their feet the whole night.I doubt that they will revamp the set list for the old hardcore fans. I think they will continue to change up songs, which is fun, but most people want to see them play the old warhorses and the Stones know that. I think the Stones, at this point in time, are in it for the enjoyment of the playing and you can see that they like the feedback from fans. You could see Mick, Ronnie and Keith
with big smiles when we fans would go nuts right under their feet.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-16 19:54 by WindyHorses.

Posted by: Montrealsuperfan ()
Date: May 16, 2013 19:53

Everyone- stop complaining- this looks like an amzing set list. See you all in Toronto and in the pit in Montreal.

Posted by: WindyHorses ()
Date: May 16, 2013 19:55

I would also like to say a big thank you for all the fans posting videos. These are so appreciated. They are super!thumbs up

Posted by: dimtim ()
Date: May 16, 2013 21:20

This was about my 50th show since 1975 and my 2nd show of this tour with the first being the Echoplex show. I thought the show was excellent overall. There were a few mistakes. I was so excited to hear Rocks Off but the timing was off. Once the sound got dialed in it was very good sound.

I thought the set list was great. GOMC to open was a great choice. WOAF was a huge surprise for me. Champagne and Reefer outstanding and unexpected. Rambler was cool the way Mick and Mick came out together to start the song and the rest of the band joined in. That song blows me away on this tour.

Sorry but they have to play the standard songs for the 90 percent of the audience that has not seen numerous shows. The guitars were turns up and sounded great from my seats in the lower bowl about half way back on side six rows up. Place was packed with an energetic and age diverse audience. Took my 19 yr old daughter; her first show and she loved the warhorses because they were songs she knew and Keith and Mick were really into it with all the crowd energy.

I was on Stones fog all night and come rely into the playing especially Keith and MT. John Mayer also played a great guitar.

Honda Center an excellent venue. Smaller with better sound than Staples.

Just go and don't complain. We. Are blesses they are out there busting their asses.

Date: May 16, 2013 21:22

WindyHorses
I would also like to say a big thank you for all the fans posting videos. These are so appreciated. They are super!thumbs up

Absolutely! I can't believe how good these sound. Can't wait to get the inevitable DVD for 50 and Counting.

Date: May 16, 2013 21:26

Captainchaos
Green Lady

Exactly! They are still the greatest show on earth! And damn, it's 2013!

Date: May 16, 2013 21:39

Delta
Best Stones show ever. I have seen them a few times. Nosebleed seat and they still rocked. Catch them while you can because they are special.

You know by saying, "best Stones show ever," you are going to piss off a whole bunch of these cranky hardcores that are still living in 1972! I love it! They are playing as good or better than ever! smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-16 21:40 by JumpinJackOLantern.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: May 16, 2013 21:45

JumpinJackOLantern
Captainchaos
Green Lady

Fantastic - more of Mick Taylor will bring the consert to an even higher level.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 16, 2013 21:49

As with Vegas, dealt nosebleed $85's.
And as with Vegas, self-upgraded to floor...in front of soundboard in a row of empty seats.
Looked behind me and Waddy was there taking in the show and chatting with soundboard tech.
Eventually a couple of hot babes who were also self-upgarding filled in some space in the empty row.
They danced, hooted, and hollered the entire show which enhanced the enitire experience!
Why these seats weren't made available for the $85'ers is a mystery...same thing happened in Vegas.

Quick review:

Midnight Rambler w/Mick Taylor...enough said. thumbs up

ps- Thanks Scotty for the pre-show beers! smileys with beer

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: May 16, 2013 21:49

JumpinJackOLantern
Delta
Best Stones show ever. I have seen them a few times. Nosebleed seat and they still rocked. Catch them while you can because they are special.

You know by saying, "best Stones show ever," you are going to piss off a whole bunch of these cranky hardcores that are still living in 1972! I love it! They are playing as good or better than ever! smileys with beer

it's true. nothing is more upsetting than hearing about people enjoying themselves.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: May 16, 2013 22:04

JumpinJackOLantern
Captainchaos
Green Lady

Thanks for posting! Midnight Rambler on the 2012/2013 tour comes from a different decade; there's no safety net or routine there; just joy of them playing together. Rolling Stones has a LOT to learn from Mick Taylor......! (not kidding)

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: May 16, 2013 22:35

Occurred to me for the first time that a major difference between Bill and Darryl is that Bill played with a pick, which is unusual for a big-time bassist though punk bands have tended to do it since Dee Dee and Sid used one by necessity.

Most of the warhorses are played as living breathing vehicles. Even Brown Sugar revealed Keith playing a particularly vicious Chuck Berry rhythm counter-riff toward the end that he dug and got into.

Posted by: ZantiMisfit ()
Date: May 16, 2013 22:41

I got tickets for my 25-year-old niece and her fiancee for the D.C. show--it will be her first (& last) time seeing them and she--and I--would be terribly disappointed if they played 'Winter' and 'Time Waits For No One'...songs she has never heard before. She wants to hear the songs she knows from 'Rolled Gold' and 'Grrr!'

Why should the Stones play obscure songs for the 30 or so people there who would want to hear them--and then complain about how terribly they were played?

The Stones hve been in this business a LONG time--they have proven over and over again they know what they're doing. If they had listened to people on this board they'd be playing half-empty Hard Rock Cafes at this point.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: May 16, 2013 22:52

GRNRBITW
ZantiMisfit
I got tickets for my 25-year-old niece and her fiancee for the D.C. show--it will be her first (& last) time seeing them and she--and I--would be terribly disappointed if they played 'Winter' and 'Time Waits For No One'...songs she has never heard before.

i believe i speak for the iorr community, then, when i wish you and your niece a very disappointing show....

Not in my name, please.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112Next
Current Page: 9 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2002
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home