Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 17
Re: To The Rolling Stones: We Want A New Album In 2014!
Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: May 18, 2013 20:44

JumpinJackOLantern
Come on gentlemen, I know there must be thousands of die hard Stones fans out there that would be thrilled for a new album. Let's hear from you! Time to seize the moment before it is lost forever!

And if not thousands, certainly hundreds! Or at least dozens!

Date: May 18, 2013 20:49

sonomastone
JumpinJackOLantern
Come on gentlemen, I know there must be thousands of die hard Stones fans out there that would be thrilled for a new album. Let's hear from you! Time to seize the moment before it is lost forever!

I know the perfect way to settle this. We have Mick ask the audience at each show, "how many of you want a new Stones album?" Let the audiences response be the deciding factor! I bet the place would erupt!

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: May 18, 2013 21:27

JumpinJackOLantern
sonomastone
JumpinJackOLantern

I know the perfect way to settle this. We have Mick ask the audience at each show, "how many of you want a new Stones album?" Let the audiences response be the deciding factor! I bet the place would erupt!

what color is the sky in your world?

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: May 18, 2013 22:45

An internet vote......remaster Dirty Work with a new bonus cartoon on the sleeve.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 18, 2013 22:48

JumpinJackOLantern
sonomastone
JumpinJackOLantern

Yes, if it's possible to have an "eruption" of apathy. They are playing ZERO songs from their last five studio albums. Why do you think there would be such demand for another one?

Date: May 18, 2013 22:51

71Tele
JumpinJackOLantern
sonomastone
JumpinJackOLantern

Yes, if it's possible to have an "eruption" of apathy. They are playing ZERO songs from their last five studio albums. Why do you think there would be such demand for another one?

zero from the last five...really? that averages out to almost no songs per album!

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 18, 2013 23:06

GRNRBITW
71Tele
JumpinJackOLantern
sonomastone
JumpinJackOLantern

zero from the last five...really? that averages out to almost no songs per album!

Does it? Math is not my strong point.

Date: May 18, 2013 23:08

71Tele
GRNRBITW
71Tele
JumpinJackOLantern
sonomastone
JumpinJackOLantern

me neither. that's why i keep an abacus with me at all times...for just such moments as this.

Date: May 18, 2013 23:43

JumpinJackOLantern
sonomastone
JumpinJackOLantern

ah, so are you going to start a new post on "hey mick: we want an audience poll about a new album"?

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 19, 2013 00:08

71Tele
GRNRBITW
71Tele
JumpinJackOLantern
sonomastone
JumpinJackOLantern

I can help. Take zero, multiply it by five. Well, you could even use a higher number if you want, it doesn't really matter.

Date: May 19, 2013 19:36

71Tele
JumpinJackOLantern
sonomastone
JumpinJackOLantern

So what do you REALLY think the response would be if Mick "popped" the question? And I am not talking about him asking for the fans hand in marriage!

Date: May 19, 2013 19:44

sonomastone
JumpinJackOLantern
sonomastone
JumpinJackOLantern

ah, so are you going to start a new post on "hey mick: we want an audience poll about a new album"?

Timing is everything. We shall see.

Just think, if they really don't want to do a new album then they would have a great excuse if the crowd goes silent when he pops the question. Mick could say, "see, our fans have no interest in a new album."

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: May 19, 2013 19:49

I would like to hear a new studio album from them. Even if they only have a few new songs, they could fill it out with covers of old blues songs and I'd be happy.

Date: May 19, 2013 20:13

ohnonotyouagain
I would like to hear a new studio album from them. Even if they only have a few new songs, they could fill it out with covers of old blues songs and I'd be happy.

Eight new songs would be plenty, with a few covers, and presto!

Date: May 19, 2013 21:25

Would love to see the Stones do a new album then include it in the ticket package for 2014. You buy a ticket, and the new album is included. What do you think?

Date: May 19, 2013 21:29

JumpinJackOLantern
Would love to see the Stones do a new album then include it in the ticket package for 2014. You buy a ticket, and the new album is included. What do you think?

Would those be 800 dollar obstructed view tickets?

Date: May 19, 2013 21:32

sonomastone
JumpinJackOLantern

All tickets, no matter what the cost would include the new album.

Date: May 19, 2013 21:55

JumpinJackOLantern
sonomastone
JumpinJackOLantern

so the album would be included even if i bought the 300 dollar tickets in the annex on the other side of the parking lot from the arena, watching on a jumbotron? that sounds like a great deal!

Date: May 19, 2013 21:56

sonomastone
JumpinJackOLantern
sonomastone
JumpinJackOLantern

so the album would be included even if i bought the 300 dollar tickets in the annex on the other side of the parking lot from the arena, watching on a jumbotron? that sounds like a great deal!

Works for me.

Date: May 19, 2013 23:00

I am guessing you have seen this by now, Mick. So what's it going to be? No need to answer just yet. Better to wait until sometime in late October. smoking smiley

Posted by: jp.M ()
Date: May 19, 2013 23:09

...not "want" but...I HOPE a new album full of new songs..

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 20, 2013 03:48

JumpinJackOLantern
I am guessing you have seen this by now, Mick. So what's it going to be? No need to answer just yet. Better to wait until sometime in late October. smoking smiley

Your hollow threats are worthless.

Posted by: stonesdvdcom ()
Date: May 20, 2013 10:40

"A Bigger Bang" proved they still have the writing chops. I didn't like "Bridges to Babylon". I can't even remember a song from that album anymore. IMO their best post "Tattoo You" album is a toss up between "Undercover" and "Voodoo Lounge".

Date: May 20, 2013 11:26

stonesdvdcom
"A Bigger Bang" proved they still have the writing chops. I didn't like "Bridges to Babylon". I can't even remember a song from that album anymore. IMO their best post "Tattoo You" album is a toss up between "Undercover" and "Voodoo Lounge".

I agree with the analysis, however, at some point you can quit experimenting so much. Mick LOVES playing to the kids, and it used to work,(SG), but the last recreation of MY gave us ASMB(Bcool smiley. Give the fans thatcare a concise 7-8 rocker, couple ballads, and one experiment. Play to the people that will buy it. Also, keep outside parties to a minimum.

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: May 20, 2013 11:51

I only want them to make a new album if they feel inspired to do it.

And frankly, if many of their own fans can't appreciate the wonderful BRIDGES TO BABYLON (their best post-UC work imo), why bother?

Date: May 20, 2013 11:55

Glam Descendant

And frankly, if many of their own fans can't appreciate the wonderful BRIDGES TO BABYLON (their best post-UC work imo), why bother?

I thought BB was a Babyface, Waddy Watchel, Dust Brothers, kd Lang, Mick Jagger solo album?

Date: May 20, 2013 12:02

Thrylan
Glam Descendant

I thought BB was a Babyface, Waddy Watchel, Dust Brothers, kd Lang, Mick Jagger solo album?

Uh, whatever. It's the one with 3 Keith Richards lead vocals. Oh let me guess: you skip those.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 20, 2013 12:12

Glam Descendant

I am on record, under oath, as liking Bridges to Babylon A LOT!
Not only do I like that album, but I also love the vibe of the time,
the low ticket prices, the kick ass concerts, the rocking and rolling!!!! HELL YEAH!!!

BTW-
Did anyone who posts here travel to that concert in Columbus where a bunch of us (about 20-30 people) internet (early intenet days) people met up at someone's house in Columbus, juts off campus (she was a cutie) to meet each other and preparty and then we all went to the concert? IT WAS AWESOME!! I love those days and that album.

I think I saw that tour 7-8 times from opening night Chicago to Columbus to LA to Nashville to Oklahoma to Toronto to the live PPV in StLouis and several more. What a blast.

These days suck compared to those awesome days/nights/concerts.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-20 12:25 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: roby ()
Date: May 20, 2013 12:21

A new producer will be fine.

Date: May 20, 2013 12:32

>I think I saw that tour 7-8 times from opening night Chicago to Columbus to LA to Nashville to Oklahoma to Toronto to the live PPV in StLouis and several more. What a blast.

So you were at the Nashville show? That one was funky: because of some neighborhood noise ordinance the concert had to be over by 8 PM! It was daylight, late afternoon when Sheryl Crow performed. Webvote was "Far Away Eyes", the only time it was played between VL and SAL (afaik).

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 17

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1643
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home