Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Can anyone confirm this:
Posted by: Tor ()
Date: March 2, 2005 20:56

I heard on a radio station this morning that Mick & Keith are going to
be two of many guest to appear on the up coming Jerry Lee Lewis release..

I hope it's true> great balls of fire.

I Bleed Stones Blood

Re: Can anyone confirm this:
Posted by: T&A ()
Date: March 2, 2005 21:20

i read that somewhere recently, too. Lotsa celebs, including EC, Rod Stewart and others. But, yeah, M&K were mentioned in the press release....

Posted by: CSD ()
Date: March 2, 2005 21:24

Yes, I think it's mentioned in the latest Mojo magazine.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 2, 2005 22:16

Evening Gown is the track and it features Mick & Jerry Lee on vocal and Keith & Ron on guitars. Album is produced by Jimmy Ripp and is rumoured to be released in mid-March.

ROCKMAN

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: March 2, 2005 23:14

Evening Gown? Keith is going to play guitar on a MJ solo tune? Is that not one of the signs of he apocalypse? Or has Keith become so pickled he either does not know this is an MJ tune or does not rememeber his feelings about MJ's solo work, or at least waht he says about that body of work? Or is it really possible that he has softened and is ready to put his anger at some of what Mick has done in the past ( solo work, knighthood) away to work for common goals? If it is the last, then my hope for the new album increases.

Date: March 2, 2005 23:24

Well kahoosier the Jerry Lee album is produced by Jimmy Ripp who was guitar player and Keith look alike on Mick's solo tour so I suppose wonders never cease.

ROCKMAN

Posted by: john r ()
Date: March 3, 2005 20:56

Jimmy Ripp also played fine 2nd guitar on the (excellent) early Tom Verlaine (ex-Television)solo albums...Now that I think of it there aren't any 'late' Verlaine albums - nothing in over a decade far as I know. The song (EG) is a good choice for a new JLL album - neither a JLL or RS warhorse.

Posted by: Rorty ()
Date: March 4, 2005 10:02

A good choice but VERY surprising - I have the same kind of suspicions that Kahoosier wrote about - we are living interesting times.

- Doxa

Date: March 4, 2005 10:34

I think Keith and Ronnie were going to play on a couple of other songs, not Evening Gown...

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: March 4, 2005 11:21

I also thought that Keith and Ron were to play on another song than Evening Gown, but why wouldn't they? What's the problem with playing on each others songs? Half of the Jagger/Richards song were written by either one alone, and if Keith doesn't see the quality of the Wandering Spirit album he's a moron.

Mathijs

Date: March 4, 2005 11:27

A guy in a record shop showed me a print out from a Jerry Lee website and it said Evening Gown was the song and that Keith & Ronnie play on it and one other song so I'm just passing on what I read. But you guys may know than I do?

ROCKMAN

Date: March 4, 2005 12:10

Found this snippet on Bill Germans Beggars site

Mick, Keith, and Ronnie have conspired with The Killer for his new CD. Jerry Lee Lewis had intended to release his "Old Glory" CD last year, but it never happened. Instead, he swears on a stack of bibles he's gonna get it out this year, possibly in March, and possibly under the new title, "The Pilgrim." Either way, it'll contain his cover of the Mick Jagger composition, "Evening Gown," with help from the aforementioned Stones.

ROCKMAN

Posted by: davido ()
Date: March 4, 2005 13:40

I dunno. Can the Killer still rock?

Date: March 4, 2005 13:49

Well the basic tracks were cut at Phillips in Memphis then the vocals added at the Sun Studios 706 Union Memphis...so that's a mighty place to start.

ROCKMAN

Date: March 4, 2005 13:53

I always thought Elvis was vastly
overrated in his annointed place
atop the Sun's rock heirarchy.
Give me a good Killer or
Perkins track anyday!
Or maybe even throw
in a Billy Lee Riley
track into the mix!

Date: March 4, 2005 13:58

Come On Little Mama - Ray Harris always blows me...!!!

ROCKMAN

Date: March 4, 2005 14:24

Rockman, does GW know about this?!? ;-)

On a more serious note, the early Sun Cash
is of course awesome too, but I suppose we
would consider that more country today.

Posted by: Rorty ()
Date: March 4, 2005 16:14

Well Mathijs, your suggestion sounds reasonable, and I think it wouldn't be a big thing to any 'nobody' or 'normal' person to play a song of the caliber of "Evening Gown" or any other cut in Wandering Spirit (no matter who has wrote it), but we are here talking about two biggest egos in the recorded history who supposingly even made a deal (before many of us wasn't even born) that any original material they would release they would put their business partner's name on it whatever the guy has anything do with it or not... But it also long ago than I skipped trying to understand the psychological logic of The Glimmer Twins and the nature of their business, partnership, marriage, competition, brotherhood, friendship or what a hell it is... Beyond my scope smiling smiley

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-03-04 16:15 by Rorty.

Posted by: R ()
Date: March 4, 2005 16:19

That album was supposed to have been out last August. I assume "the Killer" was his typical cantankerous, inconsistent self which is why it was delyaed.

I hate these all-star guest albums regardless of who is on them. They always sound forced and inconsistent. The LAST album Jerry Lee made was "Youngblood" about ten years ago. The standout player throughout was James Burton. No need for a cast of thousands.

Posted by: MCDDTLC ()
Date: March 4, 2005 20:12

Hey all - Killer is right about this sick bastard - JJL.

Saw an documentary about one of his wife's and her mysterious death..

Bottom-line - he killed her!!! and a couple of his other former wifes died

oddly?? I won't even look at Jerry any more, a "white" - "OJ Simpson"
who got away with it!! MLC

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 5, 2005 05:10

Davido: I already decided to forgive Rockman for this and look the other way. Every relationship has its pits and valleys. If Rockman chooses to occassionally get blown by Ray Harris, I can only understand and hope that in the future, I get taken along...

Date: March 5, 2005 05:41

GW: You are a lady indeed!
Best wishes to the both of
you. If there's anything
I can do at the cyber-
wedding, please
let me know.

By the way.......

Jeez, Rockman, can't
you come any quicker?????

Ray Harris is getting kinda
old to spend this long
on his knees.....................

Sheeesh!

Date: March 5, 2005 06:25

Hey!!.. you two Ray Harris' steamin' rockabilly classic Come On Little Mama can be found on most Sun comps.....Have a listen it just might blow ya too!!!

Or ya can find the alt version on:

That'll Flat Git It - Vol16 Bear Family BCD 16311 AH

Davido...come any quicker!!....Well I did have a problem with premature ejaculation when I was younger and I guess I still do but now days it takes about an hour...!!!

ROCKMAN

Date: March 5, 2005 15:26

Ha ha ha!

Anyway............

Will have to get that
Ray Harris track, seems there's
some holes in my Sun collection............

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 5, 2005 17:10

It's true. 60 minutes flat!

Posted by: Nick1981 ()
Date: March 14, 2005 15:03

Reading all the posts about JLL and his new album: check out www.jerryleelewis.nl , there you find all the info on the new album, to be released end of may early june.

The Killer still rocks, last year 3 European Tours, this year a Franch Tour and maybe later on a UK Your!

Keep Rockin!
Nick

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1977
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home