Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
MGM Grand Garden, Las Vegas, 11th May 2013 - the show in videos
Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: May 12, 2013 11:15

OK, here we go - eyes down and meet you at the end!

The Rolling Stones
MGM Grand Garden
Las Vegas

2013 May 11

1 - Get Off of my Cloud

2 - IORR

3 - Paint it Black (incomplete)

4 - Gimme Shelter

5 - You Got me Rocking

6 - Beast of Burden with Katy Perry

7 - Emotional Rescue

8 - All Down the Line

9 - Doom and Gloom
10 - One More Shot
11 - Honky Tonk Women

12 - Before They Make me Run - Keith

13 - Happy - Keith

14 - Midnight Rambler with Mick Taylor

15 - Miss You (incomplete)

16 - Start me Up
17 - Tumbling Dice

18 - Brown Sugar

19 - Sympathy for the Devil

Encore:

20 - You Can’t Always Get What You Want with Green Valley High School Chorus

21 - Jumping Jack Flash

22 - (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction with Mick Taylor

Final bows

Complete show from somewhere up in the rafters:

Edited 9 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-14 20:58 by Green Lady.

Re: MGM Grand Garden, Las Vegas, 11th May 2013 - the show in videos
Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 12, 2013 13:00

Thanks !

Posted by: maradona ()
Date: May 12, 2013 13:32

Yeah, thanks Green Lady! Maybe we can make a few changes on Keith's headband and sell "Happy" as from the San Jose show? grinning smiley

Posted by: Glammy ()
Date: May 12, 2013 14:42

Thanks for posting.

Is it just me or do these clips bore you to death also? I hardly make it through more than 3 mins. then I have to turn it off. It's the same old, same old over and over and over and over again. It's as predictable as a KISS show these days. It's all clean, sterile, planned, organized, etc. BORING. I miss the rock and roll, the sweat and dirt and craziness.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-12 14:44 by Glammy.

Posted by: DearDrK ()
Date: May 12, 2013 15:05

Glammy, good question. It would depend on the person viewing the videos (or being at the show for that matter). A seasoned Stones fan might moan about the 'war horses' and the same old show. And with good reason. On the other hand, a person who is seeing them for the first time, would be excited to say, 'They played A, B and C!' Most casual fans only know the war horses. Who is the band catering the show to? How is the audience weighted regarding die hard older fans versus casual younger fans? I, personally, am bringing my children ages 19 and 25. We are going to have different experiences from the same show. I have seen every US tour, save 1978, since 1969, and have been known to gripe about the'same old set-list'. This will be their first time. It's kind of like a good old joke. It's still really funny if it's the first time you're hearing it.

Date: May 12, 2013 19:31

Take this one for example - out comes the old warhorse for the umpteenth time, and you can say a weary "Oh yeah, Brown Sugar AGAIN" and switch off after ten seconds. But the band aren't phoning it in, and if you were there, I'd guess this sounded pretty good. Would be nice to add MT to this brew and see what we get...

Date: May 12, 2013 20:36

Keep the motor running!

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: May 12, 2013 21:46

Glammy
Thanks for posting.

Is it just me or do these clips bore you to death also? I hardly make it through more than 3 mins. then I have to turn it off. It's the same old, same old over and over and over and over again. It's as predictable as a KISS show these days. It's all clean, sterile, planned, organized, etc. BORING. I miss the rock and roll, the sweat and dirt and craziness.

After the club gigs and the first night of the tour, yes, they become very dull, and it's hard to make judgements on the quality from mobile phones etc. Still, I know a lot of people like this sort of thing so each to his or her own. But like you I miss the rawness of a real rock n roll gig and I hope everything won;t descend into something like a Kiss concert, that would be dreadful, they are vile and it is rock at its very worst.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: May 12, 2013 22:01

Thanks Green Lady for posting the clips.
I know they are done on mobile phones usually,but sound quality and filmed from the top deck of arena is understandably not studio quality.

We have to take what is around,but hopefully Hyde Park and Glasto may be better..................and Mick Taylor is on more than 2 songs. smileys with beer

Looking forward to the U.K. shows. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: May 12, 2013 22:07

Glammy
Thanks for posting.

Keep in mind these videos are made with i-phones, small cameras, etc. Sound quality is really average at best. I find the youtube sound particularly muddled, confused...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-12 22:07 by kowalski.

Posted by: Captainchaos ()
Date: May 13, 2013 00:39

been said already but i goota add my two penneths worth - Midnight Rambler, THIS is how a live R&R band should sound - not played to click, no samples, raw, edgy, dynamic,exciting, big pair of hairy balls slapped in your face, a few scuffs that are quickly repaired, great playing, great great vibe

Posted by: still ill ()
Date: May 13, 2013 02:24

To fill a few gaps

Emotional Rescue

Gimme Shelter

Honky Tonk Women(missing intro)

Posted by: mstmst ()
Date: May 13, 2013 04:36

Captainchaos
been said already but i goota add my two penneths worth - Midnight Rambler, THIS is how a live R&R band should sound - not played to click, no samples, raw, edgy, dynamic,exciting, big pair of hairy balls slapped in your face, a few scuffs that are quickly repaired, great playing, great great vibe

I was there last night - and I was totally with you until the 'big hairy balls ... in your face' part

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 13, 2013 04:46

I look forward to the official live dvd and cd with all the extra overdubs and unnecessary edits. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: May 13, 2013 05:36

Thanks Green Lady for this thread! Also thanks to all the contributors!

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: May 13, 2013 05:43

thanks for the video , but I have to say iam very unimpressed with the stones on this tour, they can be doing so much more with mick taylor but they just wont do it

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 13, 2013 05:43

Thank you Green Lady for doing the thread.... Thank you to all the people who took the time and exerted the effort to be able to capture the video for us and post it online.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: May 13, 2013 07:13

I was not referring to Green Lady or others who offered quality videos which took them a lot of time and focus.

Earlier posts in this thread showed footage of dozens of people with brightly lit-up cell phone taking photos.

For many years there was a general understanding at most big deal concerts that cameras by professionals or the few fans who brought cameras could only be used for the first or sometmes first and second songs.

Today's glut of picutre-taking DISTRACTS performers especially in the first ten rows (which is generally all that can be easily seen from the stage.}

Imagine a glut of cameras and cell phones aimed at YOU while you're at work.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-13 07:15 by stonesrule.

Re: MGM , KEEF RIFF HARD
Posted by: DECCA61 ()
Date: May 13, 2013 07:32

LOOK AT KEEF ... DURING JJF .. HIS MOVES AND PLAYING AND HIS GUITER SOUNDS MEEN AND SHARP .. THATS THE WAY TO GO ! ... KEEF RIFF HARD

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: May 13, 2013 07:34

emotional rescue is sounding good, damn good

Posted by: sanQ ()
Date: May 13, 2013 08:02

Thanks for posting the links! I really appreciate it!

From watching all these clips, they are still great. I always feel like anything can happen at one of their shows.

Re: MGM , KEEF RIFF HARD
Posted by: MRambler ()
Date: May 13, 2013 09:44

DECCA61
LOOK AT KEEF ... DURING JJF .. HIS MOVES AND PLAYING AND HIS GUITER SOUNDS MEEN AND SHARP .. THATS THE WAY TO GO ! ... KEEF RIFF HARD

thumbs up smileys with beer hot smiley grinning smiley smiling bouncing smiley smoking smiley

Date: May 13, 2013 09:47

I do actually agree with what was said in the Happy Vs Complainers thread - having everything instantly available in low quality via internet/YouTube these days gives everyone the chance to become bored by the setlist and the performances without ever going near a show. But what are we going to do about it?

Posted by: roby ()
Date: May 13, 2013 15:56

SFTD

Posted by: Captainchaos ()
Date: May 13, 2013 16:50

mstmst
Captainchaos

I was there last night - and I was totally with you until the 'big hairy balls ... in your face' part

ha ha ha, terribly sorry about that, guess things slip out when you've been married for a while.. don't get me wrong i LOVE girls (and Katy Perry, If only she'd co sung Let It Bleed)

Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: May 13, 2013 17:18

Glammy
Thanks for posting.

This being the internet era we are spoiled beyond belief. I remember when a tour would be half over before the first reports would come through. I will
say the slower pace of the music is driving me nuts. Pick it up a beat...or two.

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: May 13, 2013 17:25

roby
SFTD

Am I the only one watching this with a little frustration? he does a better effort here than at San Jose but there's a lot of stopping in the solo. If he focussed a tad more he could deliver a mean one here like I heard on 25th Nov 12, he's capable of doing a good solo on this.

The first solo on the vid he nails it towards the end because he stands still and plays. Still cool show from what I've seen of these vids.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-13 17:25 by Rollin92.

Date: May 13, 2013 17:34

Complete show:

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: May 13, 2013 20:01

Midnight Rambler, fantastic version, both video and audio are great:

Posted by: Kirk ()
Date: May 13, 2013 20:58

Thank you kleermaker!!! Excellent indeed! Thank you! Were you there?

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1537
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home