Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 4 of 9
Re: Katy Fuggin Perry tonight's guest...good lord
Posted by: The Wick ()
Date: May 12, 2013 08:07

The Sicilian
So what its only one song. Maybe younger performers consider it a honor to perform with the veteran Stones. I remember reading many times about quotes from a young Stones group that was thrilled to meet their idols and musicians they grew up listening to. The opportunity to perform with them has to be a thrill of a lifetime.

I'm sure these "younger performers" are all students of the Stones and their craft and, like the Stones did with the blues musicians, are "thrilled to meet their idols." I bet Katy Perry can't name more than 3 songs and two of those will be Satisfaction and Start Me Up. Look I couldn't give a toss who these people like but when we, Stones fans for decades pay a lot of money to see our favorite band, the band know full well that we don't want our well earned money to go towards seeing this crap.

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: May 12, 2013 08:13

Jesus, some of you people sound like you're either 15 years old or 80.
Maybe you should all go to the show together, stand in front and boo Katy, like they did Justin Timberlake in 2003.
And then Keith can scream at you to shut the @#$%& up because you're all meatheads.
I would pay to see that.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: May 12, 2013 08:16

I suppose she could have refused if was too much trouble. It's the only change in the routine the Stones are offering. Two hours of that stale setlist for extortion prices.

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: May 12, 2013 08:23

The Sicilian
No Expectations
Vocalion
She performed fine!

Maybe so but what did it add?

So what its only one song. Maybe younger performers consider it a honor to perform with the veteran Stones. I remember reading many times about quotes from a young Stones group that was thrilled to meet their idols and musicians they grew up listening to. The opportunity to perform with them has to be a thrill of a lifetime.

So I should be excited to pay crazy prices for their thrill of a lifetime? One song to many IMO

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-12 08:27 by No Expectations.

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: May 12, 2013 08:25

stupidguy2
Jesus, some of you people sound like you're either 15 years old or 80.
Maybe you should all go to the show together, stand in front and boo Katy, like they did Justin Timberlake in 2003.
And then Keith can scream at you to shut the @#$%& up because you're all meatheads.
I would pay to see that.

I wouldn't boo but I do not see what she adds to a Stones show

Posted by: BlackHat ()
Date: May 12, 2013 09:30

At least she's shaggable.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: May 12, 2013 09:50

She is gorgeous.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 12, 2013 09:56

Rip This
they should just give Taylor more slots..

What happens is "they just give Jagger more sluts"

Posted by: ab ()
Date: May 12, 2013 10:15

For what they're charging, I want 2 1/2 hours of pure, undiluted Stones. No special guests whatsoever, especially the pop teenyboppers like Gwen Stefani and Katy Perry.

I would have thought that the Waits guest spot might have been good, but the actual performance was a sloppy mess.

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: May 12, 2013 10:20

ab
For what they're charging, I want 2 1/2 hours of pure, undiluted Stones. No special guests whatsoever, especially the pop teenyboppers like Gwen Stefani and Katy Perry.

I would have thought that the Waits guest spot might have been good, but the actual performance was a sloppy mess.

i'd settle for just enough rehearsal time so they can make it through the song in one piece...

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: May 12, 2013 10:38

Having watched the full performance now it seems like much ado about nothing. She knew the words, they clearly rehearsed together. It may not have been anything to write home about, but it was fine.

Posted by: maradona ()
Date: May 12, 2013 10:41

GravityBoy
She is gorgeous.

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 12, 2013 10:46

SweetThing
71Tele
This is what I don't get. People are willing to pay $500 to see the Rolling Stones, but they don't want to see the Rolling Stones enough not to have to have a "contemporary" special guest to make it worth their while? Makes no sense.

Well, there you go again Tele. I admit I used to be full negativity as well...just a few days ago in fact. But then, tonight, it just hit me. I mean if I go back and listen to YaYasa or Brussels now, its just no comparison really, I mean besides Taylor alternately destroying or adding nothing to the band's sound, the gaping deficit is we just don't have any Kate Perrys on those old records. Now, I'm just happy to be here, happy to be anywhere.

Either you didn't understand me or I don't understand you. confused smiley

Posted by: albop ()
Date: May 12, 2013 11:03

Lady Ggaga, GWen Stefani, Katy Perry... Rock'n'Roll !!!

The Stones will finish, like Rod Stewart and Celine Dion, in Las Vegas. Pathetic

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: May 12, 2013 11:07

You forgot Christina Aguilera and Justin Timberlake. Some were better than others. I really don't see the big deal about this one. She's easy on the eyes and didn't do a bad job. At worst, it didn't register one way or the other.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 12, 2013 12:39

So "Beast of Burden" it was, at least they debuted a new song on this tour, any vids...yes :

Posted by: benon again ()
Date: May 12, 2013 12:45

very good , funny performance , the same quite high level as Lady Gaga`s , some want to see Stones as dinosaurs closed in a reserve....

Posted by: OneHit ()
Date: May 12, 2013 12:54

I quite enjoyed that, actually. Went in with an open mind, she sang well, knew the words and Ronnie's licks really led the way. Very nice version. Some nice interaction with Mick as well. Gets a thumbs up from me.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 12, 2013 13:03

Yes, she had rehearsed her part but I found her voice a bit "gruff" at times, still better than seeing Bette Midler singing BoB ! And what's with Ronnie, hasn't played that well in eons, well at least 1975 !

A better one :

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: May 12, 2013 13:04

Pathetic comments. This hasn't anything to do with Katy Perry being the musical guest. The problem is that the old conservative Stones fans, doesn't want any mainstream artist come near their holy-grail-of-a-band, because it spoils their own illusion of how The Stones should be. History just repeats itself. Remember how American parents reacted seeing The Rolling Stones on The Ed Sullivan Show? A mainstream teenage-act on a well-trusted good clean family show! They can't be serious! Is ol' Sullivan ill? CALM DOWN PEOPLE! Artists blend with each other for the fun of it. Nothing else. If it spoils your point of view of your favourite band, then you have a serious problem!

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: May 12, 2013 15:26

GumbootCloggeroo
MILKYWAY, that joke is getting old.

Huh? You feel a child molester should get a pass after a certain period of time? Forgive & forget, eh?

Sorry, mate, I can't have that type of amnesia.

Posted by: TMONTANA ()
Date: May 12, 2013 15:30

Did she perform on Mick? or did she perform with Mick?

Posted by: UGot2Rollme ()
Date: May 12, 2013 15:35

oh, I see a thread has already been started on this.. anyway, here's my post from the main Vegas thread:

having Katy Perry guest on Beast of Burden is sacrilege! The only way that would have been worthwhile is that if Mick f'ck'd her during Keith's set and then they showed the highlights during Satisfaction.

Date: May 12, 2013 15:47

UGot2Rollme
oh, I see a thread has already been started on this.. anyway, here's my post from the main Vegas thread:

having Katy Perry guest on Beast of Burden is sacrilege! The only way that would have been worthwhile is that if Mick f'ck'd her during Keith's set and then they showed the highlights during Satisfaction.
smileys with beer

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: May 12, 2013 15:50

CBII
After doing a bit of research it seems Katy Perry has 53 MILLION fans on Facebook. From a filling up the seats standpoint, the move is a stroke of pure genius. She will attract some of the really teeny bopper crowd and their parents. A very smart business move, hats off to whomever thought this up.

You have to hand it to Mick Jagger. He is an astute, shrewd business man who will do what is necessary to get the "flavors of the month" (as Keith has described it) onstage to sell tickets. As a long time fan, I certainly don't agree with it, as I would rather see 2 hours of Rolling Stones minus special guests, but I UNDERSTAND it. Mick Jagger makes these decisions from a business model standpoint, and to his credit, he is the master. Like it or not, the Stones wouldn't have been around 50 years if Jagger's superior business sense wasn't part of the equation. Regarding Katy Perry, after watching the videos, I don't think Katy did that bad. Certainly not great, but not bad either.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: May 12, 2013 15:50

This board gets the same foolish comments from the same people all the time. The setlist sucks, the guests suck (I'd rather not have the guests either but it does not ruin the show for me), Keith and Ronnie can't play anymore, Mick's voice is thin, Charlie has become stiff.....................blah blah blah. Why do you continue to stay here?? it;s not 1972 anymore these guys are 70 and playing the songs that are always on the radio and what most people who go want to hear. Each show has had ay least one new song in the set. San Jose's setlist was really good and are you expecting a big change in Las Vegas?? Please this a highroller/tourist town. If they brought out Down In the Hole or Stoned people would look at each other and go WTF. I am sick of the negative remarks. Just to go and see Nick Jagger perform and sing at the level he is at two months shy of his seventieth birthday is something we should appreciate not bash. Whoever posted the photo of Katy Perry's foot Thank You!!

Date: May 12, 2013 15:53

slew
This board gets the same foolish comments from the same people all the time. The setlist sucks, the guests suck (I'd rather not have the guests either but it does not ruin the show for me), Keith and Ronnie can't play anymore, Mick's voice is thin, Charlie has become stiff.....................blah blah blah. Why do you continue to stay here?? it;s not 1972 anymore these guys are 70 and playing the songs that are always on the radio and what most people who go want to hear. Each show has had ay least one new song in the set. San Jose's setlist was really good and are you expecting a big change in Las Vegas?? Please this a highroller/tourist town. If they brought out Down In the Hole or Stoned people would look at each other and go WTF. I am sick of the negative remarks. Just to go and see Nick Jagger perform and sing at the level he is at two months shy of his seventieth birthday is something we should appreciate not bash. Whoever posted the photo of Katy Perry's foot Thank You!!
Nick Jagger and his Rolling Stones tribute band play Vegas....thumbs up

Date: May 12, 2013 15:54

Woops!!

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: May 12, 2013 15:57

Don't get all giddy about the Stones bringing in the young crowd with Kate. This wasn't even advertised.

Micks choices suck really badly... My 7 year old Katy fanatic is looking at me like we're in some sort of duet club...dammit...

Date: May 12, 2013 16:02

Munich - I'm sure it was Keith who brought in Fogerty, Waits and Bonnie Raitt. Those were decent choices except for Waits I can't stand him. I'm sure Mick had no say in that.............Yeah right. Mick approves everything that goes on and I;m sure thise were HIS choices and Keith dod not have much to do with it if anything. Mick Jagger is running this show if you think otherwise you are fooling yourself.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 4 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2199
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home