Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718Next
Current Page: 17 of 18
Re: Las Vegas May 11 Stones show live updates
Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: May 14, 2013 23:21

Munichhilton
GravityBoy

This one is a classic!

It appears that he is generally unaware of the approximate mic location...

A quick glance at the bottom right corner lets you know who's doing the singing.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: May 14, 2013 23:22

andrewt
Munichhilton
GravityBoy

This one is a classic!

A quick glance at the bottom right corner lets you know who's doing the singing.

Damn. You're right. Is nothing sacred to Chuck?

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: May 14, 2013 23:32

andrewt
Munichhilton
GravityBoy

This one is a classic!

Keith also singing

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: May 15, 2013 00:10

mtaylor
andrewt
Munichhilton
GravityBoy

This one is a classic!

Keith also singing

Sure that Keith's not yawning???

Posted by: stoneslib ()
Date: May 15, 2013 01:43

GravityBoy

This one is a classic!

Thanks to all for the kind comments.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: May 15, 2013 02:08

stoneslib

A gallery of more of my Vegas pics is here:

[www.pbase.com]

Harold

I just checked out your gallery stoneslib, your pictures are nothing short of fantastic!

I hope you don't mind if I add this one, Keith really does have the nicest smile. smiling smiley

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: May 15, 2013 02:20

i'm telling you guys.dont miss this fukcing tour...you can always make more money.

stop thinking about it and just go to a damn show!!!

Posted by: svt22 ()
Date: May 15, 2013 02:21

gripweed
Kurt

i phone from the $85 seats!

Wow is right!!!

Listen to Taylor blast off on this one tonight, he sounds like he is on a mission... sounds like MT has been practising VT22

Thanks Ed, I had a word with Taylor winking smiley

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: May 15, 2013 02:38

lem motlow
i'm telling you guys.dont miss this fukcing tour...you can always make more money.

But what if some of us are "poor by choice"?

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: May 15, 2013 02:42

stonehearted
lem motlow

Or have seen some GREAT tours and now save money by choice?

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: May 15, 2013 02:50

stonehearted
lem motlow

ughh...i know i know..they need their asses kicked for causing this mess.they went too far this time.what i'm saying is if you can make it just go.look for the 85s to drop late, discounts outside whatever.

my point is this stuff about "boring setlists","lame guests" and all this is crap.they're kicking ass.

the good news is usually when the band is playing really hot they'll keep going,they want to stay on a roll.you should see more big shows around the world like the ones in england in the next year or two.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: May 15, 2013 03:24

Lem, your review earlier in the topic is spot on!

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: May 15, 2013 03:47

lem motlow
dont miss this fukcing tour

thumbs up

Date: May 15, 2013 04:34

I saw them for the first time live in Las Vegas and I thought the energy was awesome. The lady next to me had been to 26 stones concerts and, at the end of L.V. she said it was the best one yet, " even better than Newark".

I'm a huge life long fan, they've been my # 1 group since the 60's. Saw Ron Woods in Southern California about 72 when he was with Faces and Stewart, just ripped the place apart. At Las Vegas, no one sat down the whole time, 'cept my wife, who's short and was pissed about all the standing. (Told her they'd all be standing the whole concert, she just didn't believe me!). Mick was just as energetic on the last song as he was on the first, and the crowd was roaring right along. I loved it!! Had $85 seats, saw the band from the side and was very happy not to see all of the video screens for a first time concert with them. I just wanted to see the band play, see the group as musicians just rockin out, not all the video, so I was quite fine with my seats!

I guess there is an element of "workman like" in that they're following a format each concert, 19/3 and a guest, but "workman like" implying it was subdued, stoic or somehow not energetic would to me be way, way off the mark!! They were excellent! I see them on Saturday in Anaheim, $85 tics again, so we'll see how it goes.

When I was a kid in the navy, Chuck Berry played for me and maybe, maybe 40 other kids / sailors at a bowling alley in Idaho Falls, Idaho for a good 1 1/2 to 2 hours. I was 6 feet away from the guy that started it, sitting on a bowling alley floor!!! So amazing, and I knew at the time just how privledged I was that night!! That was a moment in history, my best rock and roll ever. I would definitely rate Saturday in Vegas as # 2, nothing close to it when I look back on other stuff I've seen

Posted by: mstmst ()
Date: May 15, 2013 04:45

WindyHorses
Does Keith always stay in the back with Charlie and Darryl? I remember him being
a lot more up in front. Are those days gone? I mean, I want to see him and it looks a lot of the time like he's buried back there.

Actually he was more mobile than I expected - did the ramp a couple of times - and got up front for JJF, MR at some points and others. He was much more fluid and animated than the PPV

Date: May 15, 2013 06:30

latebloomer
stoneslib

[www.pbase.com]

Harold

I just checked out your gallery stoneslib, your pictures are nothing short of fantastic!

I hope you don't mind if I add this one, Keith really does have the nicest smile. smiling smiley

What a fabulous pic of Keith!

Date: May 15, 2013 06:33

JumpinJackOLantern
latebloomer
stoneslib

[www.pbase.com]

Harold

What a fabulous pic of Keith!

And doesn't Mick Taylor look great? He must have lost 30LBs easily for this tour.

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: May 15, 2013 07:00

This was my 5th show ever, and my sister's 1st Stones show. She said it was the best show she ever went to!! She LOVED it! She thought she had a moment with Mick when he was pointing up and the crowd was following, and she was swaying side to side, and he went side to side with her. It certainly could have happened since the way to stand out is to do something different than everybody else. For example, I could see this guy in the tongue pit from far away jumping up and down in a yellow tongue shirt since he made himself stand out. Now my sister is under Mick's spell and wants to choreograph a dance to his song called, "Joy"! lol So we have a new convert. The Stones are rolling like a snowball down a hill, adding more and more to their fan base every show!

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: May 15, 2013 07:39

I can't agree with all the Statements. This was my 3rd Show in 2013 and the lesser one to. I was expecting high time in Vegas. And for sure the Stones delivered a wonderful Show again. But it did not surpass San Jose or Oakland which I thought it would be.
Katie Parry was not the guest one expected. So I don't think it was a good choice. Mick might have liked it, but devine Bette Midler would have been the woman to give him guts for Beast of Burden.
Anyway I do not want to 2 Still two Shows to go for us.
[s1337.photobucket.com]
The photos are from Vegas. The advert was the view from our Room in the Tropicana

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-15 07:59 by Grison.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: May 15, 2013 07:44

straycat13...Lovely story!

How old is your sister?

You've both got good taste.

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: May 15, 2013 07:47

mstmst
WindyHorses
Does Keith always stay in the back with Charlie and Darryl? I remember him being
a lot more up in front. Are those days gone? I mean, I want to see him and it looks a lot of the time like he's buried back there.

Actually he was more mobile than I expected - did the ramp a couple of times - and got up front for JJF, MR at some points and others. He was much more fluid and animated than the PPV

we want him to stay in the back, the music benefits when he is focusing.

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: May 15, 2013 07:54

stonesrule
straycat13...Lovely story!

How old is your sister?

You've both got good taste.

She's 45. She figured out a way to make her tongue t-shirt as a skirt! So she had a huge red tongue on her a**. Super cute! (It has to be the stretchy material kind of t-shirt. The sleeves become the side pockets.) Just put your arms through the head and pull it down to your waste. Put on a pair of stiletto's and a summer top and you're ready to rock!

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: May 15, 2013 07:58

Munichhilton
laertisflash
Long John Stoner wrote:

"Leavell told me many years ago by now that the Stones don't formulate set lists to please the Stones fanatics out there. They have to think general masses because their appeal is so widespread. You want the third song from side two of their 11th album? Go play it on your system at home is how they look at it, he said. Now and then something obscure might make it, but they play to please themselves and the vast majority of their fans."

Exactly. That's why they became the most successful and appealing live act of all time. And when did they consolidate this success? Since 1989. On the "Vegas years", according to the boring theory that means nothing to me..

So if we're left to believe this quote from Mr. Leavell...the Stones are ripping into Brown Sugar for the 30,000 time because they enjoy it?

Miss You because they can't get enough of playing that?

Do they never get bored of those tracks? Think of the heart they must put into it at this point...

"C'mon guys...lets go play the best version of Tumbling Dice we've ever ever ever done!!!"

Perhaps we misunderstand. "pleasing themselves"=making as much money as possible. "pleasing the vast majority of their fans"=making as much money as possible.

I believe there are literally meeting rooms around the world where people give presentations on how best to monetize the stone's fan base. different segments of fans, how much each fan would be willing to spend on the stones in a year, and what products at what price to deliver them.

it's a business now, mick and keith's relationships was irreparably damaged in the late 70s and 80s, and money brought them back together in 89 and it's been all about the business since then.

course i don't know squat, i'm just some guy mouthing off on an public forum :-)

Posted by: Rik ()
Date: May 15, 2013 09:42

Thanks Harold aka stoneslib, great pictures!

Posted by: copsnrobbers ()
Date: May 15, 2013 09:57

fun show I had a drunken great time thaks for sharing your L V photos everyone

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: May 15, 2013 12:25

lem motlow

Thanks, I will smiling smiley

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: May 15, 2013 12:34

thumbs up

Posted by: svt22 ()
Date: May 15, 2013 13:16

If someone told me 40 years ago...

Posted by: Slim Harpo ()
Date: May 15, 2013 13:32

stoneslib/Harold - your picture gallery is awesome!!! smiling smiley

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: May 15, 2013 15:05

svt22
If someone told me 40 years ago...

Keith and Mick T together again and they love it.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718Next
Current Page: 17 of 18

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1228
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home