Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718Next
Current Page: 15 of 18
Re: Las Vegas May 11 Stones show live updates
Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: May 13, 2013 16:39

Did anyone else notice the continued wonderful interaction between Mick and Ronnie?

While Ronnie was playing it up for the audience during his introduction, Mick went to the riser and came up with one of Ronnie's cigarettes dangling from his mouth!

We also watched Mick creep up and grab Ronnie's ass from behind during one of the last few songs.

It's an absolute joy to see these guys on stage together in 2013.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: May 13, 2013 16:47

Kurt

Can't wait until they get to London

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: May 13, 2013 16:57

Rolling Hansie
Kurt

Can't wait until they get to London

thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley cool smiley cool smiley cool smiley

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: May 13, 2013 17:19

Kurt
Did anyone else notice the continued wonderful interaction between Mick and Ronnie?

While Ronnie was playing it up for the audience during his introduction, Mick went to the riser and came up with one of Ronnie's cigarettes dangling from his mouth!

We also watched Mick creep up and grab Ronnie's ass from behind during one of the last few songs.

while the playing has deteriorated and the setlists are a stale as last week's bread, i must admit that the cig dangles and ass grabs have been among the best of the past quarter-century. well worth the price of admission.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: May 13, 2013 17:34

GRNRBITW
Kurt

while the playing has deteriorated and the setlists are a stale as last week's bread, i must admit that the cig dangles and ass grabs have been among the best of the past quarter-century. well worth the price of admission.

Thanks for stopping by "Grumpiest Rash N Roll Bitch In The World"

Have a nice day!
smiling smiley

Date: May 13, 2013 17:57

Kurt
GRNRBITW
Kurt

Thanks for stopping by "Grumpiest Rash N Roll Bitch In The World"

Have a nice day!
smiling smiley

sigh. i have something positive to say about the band and THIS is the thanks i get....

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: May 13, 2013 18:37

> It's an absolute joy to see these guys on stage together in 2013.

It sure is, and a joy to see them playing at such a high level too!

Posted by: angee ()
Date: May 13, 2013 18:47

stoneslib, great, great shot!!!

Where were you in the pit, front? Me, front, slightly to Keith's side.
You, slightly to Ronnie's side?
Sorry we didn't meet!

I think you'd agree, pit was rocking to the show.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: william060190 ()
Date: May 13, 2013 18:59

JeremyDylan
Official Stones clip of the Katy Perry duet -

Well SexyKaty...The song should be named BOOB instead BOB...A good performance.
Ok... where's the exit?....

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: May 13, 2013 19:02

I don't find her sexy at all and prefer my wife more than a 1000 times.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: May 13, 2013 19:09

kleermaker

I prefer my wife, too >grinning smiley<

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: May 13, 2013 19:32

She's beautiful and professional but has no singing talent at all. Charlie really seemed to enjoy being around her so it's cool.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: May 13, 2013 19:44

Big Al
kleermaker

What nice husbands you both are. smileys with beer

Date: May 13, 2013 19:47

latebloomer
Big Al
kleermaker

yeah, sure...like they had a shot at katy....

Posted by: Duane in Houston ()
Date: May 13, 2013 19:48

To me the interesting part of Katy Perry guesting on Beast of Burden is that I'm pretty sure she's never even heard this song before that night. Beast of Burden was a monor "hit" when it was released in 1978. Katy Perry was born 6 years later in 1984. If she became even slightly cognizant of pop music at around the age of 12 that would be 18 years after it was released. Personnally I can't remember the last time I heard this song on the radio as it's simply not played on the radio anymore. Therefore I put forth that it's very likely she's never even heard this song and I'm also pretty sure she doesn't even own a Rolling Stones CD. She is quite cute though. It wouldn't surprise me a bit if it comes out later that a lot of these artist's management companies are actually paying The Rolling Stones to be guest singers to pad their resumes. Bring on Justin Bieber!

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: May 13, 2013 20:08

Doxa
"Beast of Burden" is messy, but that's never a big problem with the Stones. They are not a Toto, right? Doxa

This says it all for me. Last night, I saw Tommy Iommi's one-man guitar assault with Sabbath. Tonight, I just got back from seeing a show by Orianthi, the female guitar virtuoso. Either of them have ten times the chops or Keith or Ronnie at this stage of their careers. And guess what? I'd still rather see the Stones on a bad night, and so would most people. Mick put together the most technically skilled band he could when he toured Australia and Japan after She's the Boss, and it just didn't work

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: May 13, 2013 20:36

GRNRBITW
latebloomer
Big Al
kleermaker

Whats the instrument of measurement used to project the amount you like a wife more then a Perry?

Is it a kilowatt thing?

I prefer my wife too...but I need to know how much more then Perry I prefer her...is it say 50 times or more like 109?

Date: May 13, 2013 20:49

Munichhilton
GRNRBITW
latebloomer
Big Al
kleermaker

Whats the instrument of measurement used to project the amount you like a wife more then a Perry?

Is it a kilowatt thing?

I prefer my wife too...but I need to know how much more then Perry I prefer her...is it say 50 times or more like 109?

it matters not. first there has to be an actual choice or decision to make. there's not in this case. it's quite easy to prefer one's own wife when there are no other options on the table.

Date: May 13, 2013 21:07

GRNRBITW
Munichhilton
GRNRBITW
latebloomer
Big Al
kleermaker

Is it a kilowatt thing?

it matters not. first there has to be an actual choice or decision to make. there's not in this case. it's quite easy to prefer one's own wife when there are no other options on the table.

So what is that, like 56%?

Posted by: gtrplyr ()
Date: May 13, 2013 21:55

I thought Katy sounded OK.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-13 22:24 by gtrplyr.

Posted by: gtrplyr ()
Date: May 13, 2013 21:55

Duane in Houston
To me the interesting part of Katy Perry guesting on Beast of Burden is that I'm pretty sure she's never even heard this song before that night. Beast of Burden was a monor "hit" when it was released in 1978. Katy Perry was born 6 years later in 1984. If she became even slightly cognizant of pop music at around the age of 12 that would be 18 years after it was released. Personnally I can't remember the last time I heard this song on the radio as it's simply not played on the radio anymore. Therefore I put forth that it's very likely she's never even heard this song and I'm also pretty sure she doesn't even own a Rolling Stones CD. She is quite cute though. It wouldn't surprise me a bit if it comes out later that a lot of these artist's management companies are actually paying The Rolling Stones to be guest singers to pad their resumes. Bring on Justin Bieber!

Those are some pretty bold assumptions.

I was born in 1982, so by your logic, I likely would never have heard BOB, either. The fact of the matter is that I hear it on the radio regularly.

How you would know if she owns a Rolling Stones CD or not is beyond me, as well.

You do realize that young people today DO listen to old fart music on occasion, right? You should be happy that they do instead of coming up with reasons why it isnt possible.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: May 13, 2013 22:09

Big Al
kleermaker

...you say as your wives are looking over your shoulders as you type this.......smoking smiley

Date: May 13, 2013 22:09

Its Johnny Two Times! Right here on this board...

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 13, 2013 22:53

Kurt

Hehe, that's cool, boys will be boys, eh ;-)

Back to music, having seen the Gimme Shelter video, it sounds like Keith was in trouble in the beginning...struck several chords at the same time it seems, but he fell back on his feet unfazed it seems, hehe !

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: May 13, 2013 23:14

I can't say I enjoy Katy Perry's music, but as so often happens, there is a decent voice under all that 21st-century stylistic garbage, and I thought she sounded OK. Certainly an improvement on Gwen Stefani (which admittedly doesn't take much doing).

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: May 14, 2013 00:28

kleermaker

Send here over and let me do the examination as you are prejudiced grinning smiley

And what have sex to do with Rock and Roll.........cool smiley

I think she did a great job.........

Date: May 14, 2013 00:46

NICOS

And what have sex to do with Rock and Roll.........cool smiley

What?!?!

Drop and give me 50

Date: May 14, 2013 02:17

I completely forgot that I made the new edit of the fan film. I come in at 23 seconds. Yippie!!!!

Scotty

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: May 14, 2013 02:36

Duane in Houston

Beast Of Burden was an US #8 hit in 1978, not a minor hit at all, it was a hit by Bette Middler too, it was ranked on Rolling Stone top 500 songs, it was performed on American Idol a couple of times and it was included on several movies and series as The Family Man, Basquiat, Nip Tuck, etc, not counting the recent cover versions by current bands as Lifehouse, The Kooks, John Mayer, The Hives, Pearl Jam, etc.

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: May 14, 2013 04:12

She probably has it heard it a couple of times but odds are it's not her most listened list on itunes. Great job by her!

Cheers,
Wuudy

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718Next
Current Page: 15 of 18

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1430
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home