Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718Next
Current Page: 16 of 18
Re: Las Vegas May 11 Stones show live updates
Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: May 14, 2013 05:47

Mick is singing great this tour....but with his pronunciation on BOB, I was hearing Breast of Bardot.

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: May 14, 2013 05:56

Wuudy
She probably has it heard it a couple of times but odds are it's not her most listened list on itunes. Great job by her!

her voice sounded remarkabaly good compared to what i was expecting (just becaue she uses the auto-tuner on so many of her vocals.) i thought the song was a train wreck though, and hold the stones reponsible for that, not her.

Posted by: roundnround ()
Date: May 14, 2013 06:45

she should have done little t and a with keith...

Posted by: william060190 ()
Date: May 14, 2013 09:01

I just can't understand how Keith Richards can accept a Katy Perry on stage with him. Who's next, Justin Bieber ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-14 09:03 by william060190.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 14, 2013 09:42

william060190
I just can't understand how Keith Richards can accept a Katy Perry on stage with him. Who's next, Justin Bieber ?

Well Keith has already tolerated, accepted, AND defended Justin Timberlake on stage with him, so it would be no surprise if Justin Bieber is called in the near future (God forbid).
To my surprise, Katy Perry was really not bad at all and she was also nice to look at.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: May 14, 2013 10:35

GRNRBITW
latebloomer
Big Al
kleermaker
I don't find her sexy at all and prefer my wife more than a 1000 times.

I prefer my wife, too >grinning smiley<

What nice husbands you both are. smileys with beer

yeah, sure...like they had a shot at katy....

...I prefer Kleermaker's wife too.

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: May 14, 2013 10:54

latebloomer
Big Al
kleermaker

Their wives must read IORR grinning smiley

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: May 14, 2013 14:35

Just got home from Vegas last night after some airport/flight ugliness. Quickly, I thought the show was very good overall. Not the best I've seen them but not not the worst either. They definitely hit the "groove" more than once. Midnight Rambler was awesome. & JJ Flash was one of the best I've seen. People complain about YGMR but Keith likes the riff on that one & I agree. Katy Perry was a pleasant surprise but obviously the vote was rigged on the fan request. They had to rehearse that with her & so it was a planned winner. Ronnie was playing very well unlike last tour. The only song I could've lived without was Emotional Rescue. Mick's revenge. With the exception of Daryl the band looked bored during it. Easy to see why. One of my least fave Stones songs of all time & it wasn't any better live. Overall, I'd give the show a B. If they want to wrap it up after this tour, I'm good with it. Especially with those ticket prices! I can see paying top dollar to see the Stones but this was beyond the beyond. I'm glad I went though.

Posted by: WindyHorses ()
Date: May 14, 2013 17:13

Does Keith always stay in the back with Charlie and Darryl? I remember him being
a lot more up in front. Are those days gone? I mean, I want to see him and it looks a lot of the time like he's buried back there.

Posted by: stoneslib ()
Date: May 14, 2013 17:21

A gallery of more of my Vegas pics is here:

[www.pbase.com]

Harold

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: May 14, 2013 17:26

georgelicks
Duane in Houston
To me the interesting part of Katy Perry guesting on Beast of Burden is that I'm pretty sure she's never even heard this song before that night. Beast of Burden was a monor "hit" when it was released in 1978. Katy Perry was born 6 years later in 1984. If she became even slightly cognizant of pop music at around the age of 12 that would be 18 years after it was released. Personnally I can't remember the last time I heard this song on the radio as it's simply not played on the radio anymore. Therefore I put forth that it's very likely she's never even heard this song and I'm also pretty sure she doesn't even own a Rolling Stones CD. She is quite cute though. It wouldn't surprise me a bit if it comes out later that a lot of these artist's management companies are actually paying The Rolling Stones to be guest singers to pad their resumes. Bring on Justin Bieber!

Beast Of Burden was an US #8 hit in 1978, not a minor hit at all, it was a hit by Bette Middler too, it was ranked on Rolling Stone top 500 songs, it was performed on American Idol a couple of times and it was included on several movies and series as The Family Man, Basquiat, Nip Tuck, etc, not counting the recent cover versions by current bands as Lifehouse, The Kooks, John Mayer, The Hives, Pearl Jam, etc.

take it easy on duane from houston. it's hot and humid there...he has enough probs without having to be told off...

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: May 14, 2013 18:16

Long John Stoner wrote:

"Leavell told me many years ago by now that the Stones don't formulate set lists to please the Stones fanatics out there. They have to think general masses because their appeal is so widespread. You want the third song from side two of their 11th album? Go play it on your system at home is how they look at it, he said. Now and then something obscure might make it, but they play to please themselves and the vast majority of their fans."

Exactly. That's why they became the most successful and appealing live act of all time. And when did they consolidate this success? Since 1989. On the "Vegas years", according to the boring theory that means nothing to me..

Date: May 14, 2013 18:25

laertisflash
Long John Stoner wrote:

"Leavell told me many years ago by now that the Stones don't formulate set lists to please the Stones fanatics out there. They have to think general masses because their appeal is so widespread. You want the third song from side two of their 11th album? Go play it on your system at home is how they look at it, he said. Now and then something obscure might make it, but they play to please themselves and the vast majority of their fans."

Exactly. That's why they became the most successful and appealing live act of all time. And when did they consolidate this success? Since 1989. On the "Vegas years", according to the boring theory that means nothing to me..

boring theory? it's a bonafide boring fact!

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: May 14, 2013 18:25

laertisflash
Long John Stoner wrote:

So if we're left to believe this quote from Mr. Leavell...the Stones are ripping into Brown Sugar for the 30,000 time because they enjoy it?

Miss You because they can't get enough of playing that?

Do they never get bored of those tracks? Think of the heart they must put into it at this point...

"C'mon guys...lets go play the best version of Tumbling Dice we've ever ever ever done!!!"

Date: May 14, 2013 18:41

GRNRBITW
Munichhilton
laertisflash
Long John Stoner wrote:

So if we're left to believe this quote from Mr. Leavell...the Stones are ripping into Brown Sugar for the 30,000 time because they enjoy it?

Do they never get bored of those tracks? Think of the heart they must put into it at this point...

"C'mon guys...lets go play the best version of Tumbling Dice we've ever ever ever done!!!"

there's gotta be a moment coming at an upcoming show, when one of the band members stops in the middle of a warhorse - and yells into the microphone and says "ENOUGH! I CAN'T DO THIS ANYMORE!" the song will stop, the crowd will hush. the band will exit the stage and that's how the whole thing ends....

Completely logical endpoint...but WHICH band member...I say Darryl.

Date: May 14, 2013 18:45

Munichhilton
GRNRBITW
Munichhilton
laertisflash
Long John Stoner wrote:

there's gotta be a moment coming at an upcoming show, when one of the band members stops in the middle of a warhorse - and yells into the microphone and says "ENOUGH! I CAN'T DO THIS ANYMORE!" the song will stop, the crowd will hush. the band will exit the stage and that's how the whole thing ends....

you have pick both the band member and the warhorse in order to receive your prize winnings. in the case of multiple correct responses, a random drawing will determine the winner.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: May 14, 2013 19:11

GreenRabbit (or what do your initials stand for?)

I think there's a complaint topic as well as others.
This is the Las Vegas show topic, not a repository for why they should quit, etc.
IMO!!

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Stone601 ()
Date: May 14, 2013 19:21

stoneslib

[www.pbase.com]

Harold

Nice pics, thanks for share

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: May 14, 2013 19:57

RoughJusticeOnYa
GRNRBITW
latebloomer
Big Al
kleermaker

yeah, sure...like they had a shot at katy....

...I prefer Kleermaker's wife too.

And rightly so!

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: May 14, 2013 20:01

NICOS
kleermaker

Send here over and let me do the examination as you are prejudiced grinning smiley

And what have sex to do with Rock and Roll.........cool smiley

I think she did a great job.........

You can have a look at her and see how beautiful she is, 'cause she's on my blog.cool smiley

Posted by: stoneslib ()
Date: May 14, 2013 20:33

Stone601
stoneslib

[www.pbase.com]

Harold

You are welcome.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: May 14, 2013 21:31

my first show of the tour- a 9 on a scale of 10.heres 10 reasons why-

1.people who werent there need to stop commenting.really,just stop.you look silly,you cannot get any sort of real idea of a live show from cell phone videos and reading a setlist.you're looking at mount everest through a straw.

2.the crowd was great.the aszhole from the la times who wrote the story about the old,poorly dressed stones fans was a loser.it was saturday night in vegas and the stones were the hottest ticket in town.there were strippers and showgirls who took the night off,high rollers,guys in expensive suits,women in couture dresses,rockers in jeans and t-shirts,people dressed in casual summer clothes.that guy who wrote that article had an agenda,he was a piece of shit.

3.said crowd were on their feet the entire show and gave huge applause to everything the band did and the stones seemed to feed off of it,they were playing really well.the people next to me were probably in ther early 20s and were smoking really strong weed,they seemed to be huge keith fans.

4.katy perry was adorable and fun.she absolutely new beast of burden and played a foil to micks charactor in the song.she stood looking away,disinterested in micks jilted lover.when mick sang "come on baby please please" and reached out and touched her hair the crowd roared.she went over really well.lighten the fukc up people.

5.i've seen every tour since my first one in 1975.i've never seen a midnight rambler that could touch that one in vegas.even 75 when mick whipped the stage with the belt.keith and ronnie are playing really well anyway.when taylor came out it just went to another level.i'm not pulling for mick t to rejoin the band just for the sake of it,he really really brings another dimension to the band.3 guitars...thats the way to go from now on.

6.the shorter tour is helping jaggers voice,i've never heard him sound better.

7.someone asked why keith is standing back by charlie and daryl-thats where keith stands when he's concentrating on playing guitar.we want keith standing there.
8.i dont know if it was the mgm garden or the bands people but the sound was perfect,mixed just right.piano and backing vocals where they belong guitars,bass and drums up front.

9.there seems to be a narrative being pushed that the rolling stones are at their end.too old,too out of touch,too greedy.what i saw onstage saturday was far from any of that.dont miss this tour....

10.the show sold out.i didnt see any empty seats.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: May 14, 2013 22:04

WOW Harold, thanks

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: lettingitbleed ()
Date: May 14, 2013 22:07

Well said Lem. My take:

1- It was a good show overall yes. Playing and singing was strong for all.

2- As all Stones shows, a good mix of everyone at every age. BUT majoroty were indeed poorly dressed, overweight babyboomers.

3- I also smelled the weed but could not find it! Many were sitting down however, but overall a good energetic crowd. There were way too many getting up constantly for beer.

4- I agree about Katy. I was really dissapointed when they anounced her as the guest but she had a great voice, looked super cute and her interplay with Jagger was fun.

5- I agree that it was the best Midnight Rambler I have seen as well. Jagger was goin wild!

6- All vocals sounded great! I have never heard Keith sing better in person, Lisa was AMAZING on Gimmer Shelter, Mick was great too but I would have liked the full falsetto on Emotional Rescue. If you are gonna do it, do it right.

7- Yep, fully focused on playing and Keef's mistakes were kept to a minimum.

8- Very good sound in that arena! I was way up top and sound was clear from all instuments.

9- Could be last tour just based on age and Keef is not the player he used to be but they still sound great!

10- NOT sold out. Plenty of empty seats near my section. I would say 80% full arena. Just hard to tell when everyone is standing. Many unsold open seats below me.

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: May 14, 2013 22:11

Stone601
stoneslib

[www.pbase.com]

Harold

thumbs up very cool, thanks for posting! Wood and Taylor having Fun together!

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: May 14, 2013 22:45

This one is a classic!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-14 22:45 by GravityBoy.

Date: May 14, 2013 22:57

GravityBoy

This one is a classic!

It appears that he is generally unaware of the approximate mic location...

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: May 14, 2013 23:04

Never realised Chuck was that tiny before

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: May 14, 2013 23:13

Erik_Snow
Never realised Chuck was that tiny before

There is some weird stuff going on on that stage.

Did you see how big Mick is?

Date: May 14, 2013 23:16

GRNRBITW
Munichhilton
GRNRBITW
Munichhilton
laertisflash
Long John Stoner wrote:

you have pick both the band member and the warhorse in order to receive your prize winnings. in the case of multiple correct responses, a random drawing will determine the winner.

Well if I'm all in, I'm all in. Chips are down.

Who: Darryl
Song: Honky Tonk Women

and I'll raise you the location

Where: Dunno, but soon

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718Next
Current Page: 16 of 18

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1837
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home