Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718Next
Current Page: 13 of 18
Re: Las Vegas May 11 Stones show live updates
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 13, 2013 02:18

Fantastic #Vegas gig ~ thanks @katyperry for joining us. Here we are with #CharlieWatts & #TimReece our sax player!

@ronniewood

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 13, 2013 02:34

You asked for a photo of @officialKeef & @bernardfowler ~ here we are last night ~ check out the t-shirt... : )

@ronniewood

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: May 13, 2013 03:16

Ronnie's photos are a definite highlight.

Posted by: CBII ()
Date: May 13, 2013 03:19

still ill
rollingon
gotdablouse
stonesfelcher
Satisfaction W/ Mick Taylor tonight

Show 96 tonight

Very different version than in San Jose since Taylor had no soloing this time (admittedly not great in SJ, except the end run) and Keith was back to his long soloing/catwaling but I found it a lot better tonight than in Oakland. Hopefully the next time they can mix both, but at least it seems Taylor is now guaranteed his second slot ;-)

Keith's solo this time was really good, I don't remember he has played this good in Satisfaction in a long, long time...

But I also missed Mick's solo playing, why not both?

I think he tried to but he wasn't turned up enough and Keith started playing over him so it looks like he kind of gave up.

A closer view of Rambler, stunning stuff

With a performance like this, a trip to Chicago is in order. Seems like they are starting to lock in quite well. Very strong performance by the band. And see, the world did not come to an end during or after Katy Perry's number.

Excellent guitar work by Taylor from start to finish. He's brought Ron and Keith out of hibernation! Outstanding work by all three of them. What a great double dose of intensity from 00:06:00 on. The guy screaming stand the F up is great too!

CBII

Posted by: OneHit ()
Date: May 13, 2013 03:27

WOW @ Rambler. Awesome.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: May 13, 2013 04:19

Keith looks inspired here playing with MT. Nothing else to say.

Posted by: Long John Stoner ()
Date: May 13, 2013 04:21

dcba
1 - Get Off of my Cloud
2 - IORR
3 - Paint it Black
4 - Gimme Shelter
5 - You Got me Rocking
6 - Beast of Burden com Katty Perry
7 - Emotional Rescue
8 - All Down the Line
9 - Doom and Gloom
10 - One More Shot
11 - Honky Tonk Women
12 - Before They Make me Run - Keith
13 - Happy - Keith
14 - Midnight Rambler com Mick Taylor
15 - Miss You
16 - Start me Up
17 - Tumbling Dice
18 - Brown Sugar
19 - Sympathy for the Devil

Encore:
20 - You Can’t Always Get What You Want
21 - Jumping Jack Flash
22 - (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction com Mick Taylor

A setlist for tourists = perfect for Vegas!
Mick knows what kind of audience to expect there. Rarities are not to be played in Vegas.
Well-done Mick! thumbs up

I'm sorry, but I have to call bullshit on this demeaning Las Vegas crowds stuff. I was in Las Vegas last night. The crowd was very much into it and the fans I came across were very knowledgeable and had been to many Stones shows.

Date: May 13, 2013 04:24

atip
jazzbass
hbwriter
andrewt
hbwriter
kowalski

Keith on Sympathy tonight

does anyone just watch the show anymore? geez....

Brutal, isn't it?
It looks from this shot that no-one there is giving a rats ass about the music.

it is beyond laughable - recording something they'll probably never even look at - missing the "moment" - ignoring the essence - a joke

I disagree, I recorded almost the entire London, Brooklyn and Newark shows from the pit and didm't miss a thing. It's actually quite easy to hold an iPh0ne above your head horizontally and record the performance without ever actually looking at the phone. I never took my eyes off the stage. A little image stabilization after the fact and you have an amazing document of the show. I wish I had the same for every concert I've ever attended. And yes, I do occasionally visit my own Youtube channel to re-watch them and what's even better so do thousands of other fans.

I'll have to disagree with your disagree. There's no way that holding a phone over your head isn't a distraction at some level, but if people get pleasure out of it, then have at it. For starters, you need to be still, and still and a Stones' concert don't really go together. Videos have their place, but entire shows?

Or, they appreciate it so much they want to preserve the memory?

Just a thought.

Date: May 13, 2013 04:27

angee
It was nice to finally scroll past people commenting on the setlist to get to those who saw the show.
I was a little disappointed too when I saw the list at the start. However, the show is one of the best I have
ever seen or heard. The band seemed to enjoy themselves very much, aside from the great sound,
singing and playing.

MR alone was worth the entire show in itself.

As far as a bunch of lame tourists, most of the people I met were longtime fans who have been
to many shows around the country. The reason many go to Las Vegas is that the MGM grand
is one of the best areas with the finest acoustics, built for concerts, not sports events.

I feel a bit sorry for those who missed this one in person. cool smiley

Plexi, are you there? Bjornulf? What did you, and others not yet commenting think?

Completely agree. Anyone who wasn't there and is criticizing the show, from Katy Perry to the setlists and anything else, needs to STFU.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: May 13, 2013 04:33

Memories of "being there" really don't fade if you love the music.

It's incredibly rude to the band and the audience for people to use a cell phone or camera throughout the show.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: May 13, 2013 04:36

Long John Stoner
atip
jazzbass
hbwriter
andrewt
hbwriter
kowalski

Keith on Sympathy tonight

does anyone just watch the show anymore? geez....

Brutal, isn't it?
It looks from this shot that no-one there is giving a rats ass about the music.

it is beyond laughable - recording something they'll probably never even look at - missing the "moment" - ignoring the essence - a joke

I disagree, I recorded almost the entire London, Brooklyn and Newark shows from the pit and didm't miss a thing. It's actually quite easy to hold an iPh0ne above your head horizontally and record the performance without ever actually looking at the phone. I never took my eyes off the stage. A little image stabilization after the fact and you have an amazing document of the show. I wish I had the same for every concert I've ever attended. And yes, I do occasionally visit my own Youtube channel to re-watch them and what's even better so do thousands of other fans.

I'll have to disagree with your disagree. There's no way that holding a phone over your head isn't a distraction at some level, but if people get pleasure out of it, then have at it. For starters, you need to be still, and still and a Stones' concert don't really go together. Videos have their place, but entire shows?

Or, they appreciate it so much they want to preserve the memory?

Just a thought.

You'll notice that the big video screen above the stage shows various audience members as well. Look at that guy shown holding his phone on the screen right above Keith's head. You get to save a shot of yourself saving a shot, and you're right up there on stage with The Stones (sort of) while you're saving it. It's almost surreal in a way.

But otherwise, yeah, dumbphones at shows, can't stand them--and they make for crappy-sounding YouTube clips, although I do somewhat enjoy viewing them. Occasionally.

Date: May 13, 2013 04:46

stonesrule

It's incredibly rude to the band and the audience for people to use a cell phone or camera throughout the show.

I don't even own one of those phones, so it's odd I'd defend them, but I think what you wrote is very subjective. What you wrote is true for you, maybe not for someone else.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: May 13, 2013 05:09

stonesrule

+ 1 if "throughout" the show. I guess we have to tolerate occasional usage in this day and age. This is why the Echoplex gig was the best - no phones allowed.

Posted by: riverrat ()
Date: May 13, 2013 05:15

I forgot to mention how great Mick's voice sounded!! He is an amazing 69 year old man! His voice was amazing! I loved it.

Another thing I appreciated was that he picks out a section of the crowd and makes contact with them and moves around the stage constantly so that everyone gets acknowledged by him. I always looked forward to when he'd come over to the section I was in for a little bit of time.

He's a very generous and giving performer. He IS the best--truly. And he was using his sexy, lower voice like in his 20's. It was really fun. Can't wait to look back on all the videos posted.

I liked that Mick came out in gold, which is the color for 50. He was Golden!

The Stones seem like they're just picking up steam and relaxed and having fun. They're doing what they were born to do, and they do it very, very well!

The shows will probably just keep getting better and better! WOOO HOOOOOoooo! "Are ya feeling good tonight?!!!"

Don't miss out if you have the opportunity! And bring your dancing shoes! smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-13 05:22 by riverrat.

Posted by: JeremyDylan ()
Date: May 13, 2013 05:16

Official Stones clip of the Katy Perry duet -

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 13, 2013 05:28

JeremyDylan

Thank you for that clip.... BUT...

That type of abbreviated clip is exactly why we need,and should appreciate, people who are willing to take their time and exert their effort to capture video from the shows.... BUT NO!!! INSTEAD OF THANKS, WHAT DO THESE GOOD PEOPLE GET FOR THAT TIME AND EFFORT?!!! THEY GET UNGRATEFUL PEOPLE ACCUSING THEM OF BEING "incredibly rude to the band and the audience"!!!! WTF!!??

WHAT A BUNCH OF HORSE SHIT WHINEY CRAP!

AND THIS FROM PEOPLE WHO DONT EVEN GO TO THE SHOW WHEN THE STONES PLAY IN THEIR CITY!!

Is there anything you ungrateful people wont bitch about??!!!
NOW YOU ARE WHINING AND BITCHING AND INSULTING PEOPLE WHO CAPTURE THE SHOW?

I sure as hell hope that you people whining about people recording the shows NEVER take a look, not even a peek, at ANY OF THE VIDEOS POSTED!!! OTHERWISE YOU ARE NOT ONLY A WHINER, YOU ARE ALSO A HYPOCRITE!

IORR- Home to more whiners and complainers than any other site on the internet.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-13 06:46 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: May 13, 2013 05:29

stonesrule

Yeah, other than The Black Crowes sounding ace then having to go off due to the rain and thinking Brown Sugar went on far too long I have very little memory of my one and only stones show at Wembley in 1995. sad smiley

Date: May 13, 2013 05:35

JeremyDylan

lovely lass. (.)(.) thumbs up

Date: May 13, 2013 05:35

stonesrule

How would you know?? or even care? You didnt even go.

It is unreal that you dont even go see The Stones when they come to you town..... as you always act as if you are some kind of big time fan... But when they come to your town for a live show, just down the street from you, and you dont dont even bother to attend?

But you sure dont miss an opportunity to compain about people who did go, and made an effort to capture and share video with people who live to far away to be able to attend. Classic you.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 13, 2013 05:37

I'm sure Mick loves all the camera's and Keith probably doesn't give a shit wither way.

Date: May 13, 2013 05:39

Hairball
... Keith probably doesn't give a shit ...

Probably thinks they are ipods. grinning smiley

Date: May 13, 2013 05:40

I would like to say THANK YOU VERY MUCH to peole who record these concerts, and take time to post them for us folks who are too far away to be able to see these shows. Please ignore the miserable, unhappy, whiney complainers, they complian that the sky is too blue too many days in a row, or whine that the water is too clear... Please ignore them, and keep on doing what you do. I guarantee more people appreciate what you than you have any idea. THANK YOU!

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: May 13, 2013 05:48

Max, I'm sure there are many, many people on IORR who have vivid memories of favorite concerts. Then and Now.

Attending great performances is something I've been privileged to do since the mid-Sixties. I've seen the Rolling Stones at their best many, many times...as their guest.

Since I've had two serious back surgeries and am still in recovery, my doctors made it clear to me that I was not going to go to Staples Center until I can walk more than a block and remain upright.

So my new goal is to be able to see the Stones in Paris in the fall when I will be stronger.

Many thanks for your good wishes, Max...

Date: May 13, 2013 05:52

Those were not good wishes... those were PLEASE STOP INSULTING AND JUDGING THE PEOPLE WHO ARE DOING ME A FAVOR BY CAPTURING THESE SHOWS ON VIDEO FOR ME TO SEE. I wish the Stones would play close enough for me to attend, but they are not... so all I got is this video footage... and I would hate for people to stop capturing video just because someone who doesnt even go thinks/says it is rude to people who do go.

Date: May 13, 2013 06:11

His Majesty
JeremyDylan

lovely lass. (.)(.) thumbs up
thumbs upthumbs upsmileys with beer

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: May 13, 2013 06:21

You got me Rocking.
Keith was a bit late with his solo and messed up the end a bit smiling smiley

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: May 13, 2013 06:21

Long John Stoner
angee
It was nice to finally scroll past people commenting on the setlist to get to those who saw the show.
I was a little disappointed too when I saw the list at the start. However, the show is one of the best I have
ever seen or heard. The band seemed to enjoy themselves very much, aside from the great sound,
singing and playing.

As far as a bunch of lame tourists, most of the people I met were longtime fans who have been
to many shows around the country. The reason many go to Las Vegas is that the MGM grand
is one of the best areas with the finest acoustics, built for concerts, not sports events.

Plexi, are you there? Bjornulf? What did you, and others not yet commenting think?

Completely agree. Anyone who wasn't there and is criticizing the show, from Katy Perry to the setlists and anything else, needs to STFU.

C'mon the setlist was the most mundane of the tour so far.

Date: May 13, 2013 06:42

No Expectations
Long John Stoner
angee
singing and playing.

C'mon the setlist was the most mundane of the tour so far.

If you weren't there, then you really don't know enough to say. You're just judging based on song titles. The performance of those songs, the energy of the crowd, the way the band responded to the audience, erased any criticism of the songs themselves.

I was not going to go see this tour. The prices, the chance they'd look like arthritic old men far over the hill, made me want to remember them from the last show I saw in 2007. Circumstances were such that I found myself in Las Vegas last night. They blew me away. I have to admit I was wrong. I could nitpick, but a person can nitpick anything. They really blew off the roof with last night's Gimme Shelter, then gathered steam. Katy Perry was very nice to look at, and sang well. Jagger gave the entire show his absolute all, and seem propelled by Taylor's playing in Midnight Rambler. The crowd, a very good Stones crowd, enjoyed the two new songs as well as Emotional Rescue. I would venture to say every person there left very satisfied.

Leavell told me many years ago by now that the Stones don't formulate set lists to please the Stones fanatics out there. They have to think general masses because their appeal is so widespread. You want the third song from side two of their 11th album? Go play it on your system at home is how they look at it, he said. Now and then something obscure might make it, but they play to please themselves and the vast majority of their fans. So that's why I say if a person wasn't there last night, or for any show this tour that they criticize, they just lack standing to do so as well as credibility.

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: May 13, 2013 06:53

Hey if Katy Perry being very nice to look at is what gets you off...more power to you. I don't have to be there to know what setlist I would prefer. And I was at the first three shows of the tour so save your lack of credibility bullsh*t. No Expectations Let It Bleed It's All Over Now VS YGMR.... John Fogerty and Bonnie Raitt vs Katy Perry....enough said!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-13 06:59 by No Expectations.

Date: May 13, 2013 07:04

No Expectations
Hey if Katy Perry being very nice to look at is what gets you off...more power to you. I don't have to be there to know what setlist I would prefer. And I was at the first three shows of the tour so save your lack of credibility bullsh*t. No Expectations Let It Bleed It's All Over Now VS YGMR.... John Fogerty and Bonnie Raitt vs Katy Perry....enough said!

Keep your own bullshit. You might have been there for three shows but not this one. You also missed the part where I said Perry sang well. Elitists are what ruin rock and roll, they don't save it. Rock and roll INCLUDES, not EXCLUDES.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718Next
Current Page: 13 of 18

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1702
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home