Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6
Re: Worst Stones Train-wreck on Stage?
Posted by: stonesdan60 ()
Date: May 10, 2013 15:47

SWAYZ
Worst train wreck? Easy. The Bigger Bang tour. Pick any show.

All I know is the two shows I saw on that tour were AWESOME. Two of the best shows I've seen from the Stones. And I managed to find pretty decent quality bootlegs of both shows which prove I wasn't just overexcited at the gigs. Guess you didn't happen to see every show on the whole tour?

Posted by: stonesdan60 ()
Date: May 10, 2013 15:53

Surprised nobody mentioned Let it Bleed on 1981 tour opener in Philly, PA with everybody starting in a different key. What a cacophony of clashing sounds. They had to stop, Mick corrected Ronnie as to what key it was in and they started over. But they were cool about it. Everybody had a good laugh and they proceeded to do a pretty decent version of the song.

Posted by: mgshorr ()
Date: May 10, 2013 19:04

They had a rought start on SFTD @ Staples a few weeks ago. Anyone else remember?

Posted by: stoneman ()
Date: May 10, 2013 19:09

After watching Amy Winehouse I started coughing,vomited in my mouth a little swallowed it then shat myself..please remove this from the board!

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: May 10, 2013 19:34

stonesdan60
Mick corrected Ronnie as to what key it was in and they started over. But they were cool about it.

i found out that ronnie and i share something: we both know g

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: May 10, 2013 19:42

Valeswood
SWAYZ
Worst train wreck? Easy. The Bigger Bang tour. Pick any show.

You obviously did not attend the O2 shows in 2007.

Yeah, apart form Keith's solo in "You Got Me Rocking" on the third night (August 26th)!!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 13, 2013 14:35

Not sure if it's the worst one, but the trainwreck at the beginning of IORR in Boston June 12th, 2013 is pretty spectacular! Sorry no video has popped up so far.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 13, 2013 15:16

SWAYZ
The Bigger Bang tour. Pick any show.

I'll pick the MSG'2005 gig preserved for posterity on the "Get Up Stand Up" boot (DAC-039). Absolutely horrific show!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-13 15:16 by dcba.

Posted by: BILLPERKS ()
Date: June 13, 2013 15:33

IORR/ SATISFACTION DEBACLE PHILLY 2005.
EMBARASSING.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 13, 2013 15:37

Not the worst train-wreck by any means. But. Somehow NO ONE notices Keith slip out of key. At 5:13.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-14 17:26 by GasLightStreet.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: June 13, 2013 15:39

Embarrasing, anyway....

Date: June 13, 2013 15:46

Where is Happy, Nijmegen 2007 when you need it smiling smiley

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: June 13, 2013 17:39

gotdablouse
"You Don't have to Mean It" San Jose 1999, they just couldn't get the groove right...I even saw Mick clapping from the back to try get things back on track!

i think you're talking about the Oakland 2002 version?

Date: June 13, 2013 17:54

You know that's a good point because I recently listened to the 1999 San Jose concerts and didn't hear anything particularly wrong. Having finally found a boot of Oakland 2002 I'm not hearing too many problems either and I wouldn't have been in a spot where I could have seen Jagger clapping his hands to help get thing back on track, maybe I dreamed it up!:

Date: June 13, 2013 18:12

gotdablouse
You know that's a good point because I recently listened to the 1999 San Jose concerts and didn't hear anything particularly wrong. Having finally found a boot of Oakland 2002 I'm not hearing too many problems either and I wouldn't have been in a spot where I could have seen Jagger clapping his hands to help get thing back on track, maybe I dreamed it up!:

well, i was in a spot in oakland 2002 to see mick and he came up from under the stage to try to clap out the proper beat to charlie. it was a trainwreck for about 2 minutes until charlie finally got the hang of it.

worst train-wreck i've had the pleasure of witnessing in the flesh: oakland bigger bang - keith on connection. someone shoulda come on stage to give the poor fella a hug.

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: June 13, 2013 18:30

Keef almost falling off stage in Elsinki during the ABB tour. I thought that was the End.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: June 13, 2013 18:30

She's so cold wembley 82 my 1st show.l don't remember leeds been bad.

Last night's IORR reminded me of Sheffield 95 !

Sc uk

Date: June 13, 2013 18:34

Well that has to be it then, I must have been somewhere in 101 or 128 (Golden Circle thanks to friendly chap named Eric from SouthCal/Shidoobee who had an extra ticket) so maybe I caught a glimpse of Mick clapping his hand.

Anyway I've uploaded YDHTMI from Oakland 2002 in MP3 here [mega.co.nz] in case someone wants to try to spot that trainwreck ;-)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-13 18:42 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 13, 2013 18:40

ohotos
An absolute train-wreck I experienced was Anybody Seen my Baby in Barcelona 1998, couldn't find any video.

I saw them do the same thing on that tour in LA. Darryl, the greatest jazz bass player of all time, absolutely could not play handle that song and stood there and screwed up the opening.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: June 13, 2013 18:46

christina aguilera @ beacon theatre for martin scorese shine a light movie during a bigger bang tour !

Date: June 13, 2013 18:48

dcba
SWAYZ

I'll pick the MSG'2005 gig preserved for posterity on the "Get Up Stand Up" boot (DAC-039). Absolutely horrific show!
i was at this show and i sat down when the stones started "playing get up stand up" you are right ,this song was bad!

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: June 13, 2013 18:49

gotdablouse
Not sure if it's the worst one, but the trainwreck at the beginning of IORR in Boston June 12th, 2013 is pretty spectacular! Sorry no video has popped up so far.

That's because no one likes the live version enough to record it at this point! HA - I joke, but this is one of my least favorite songs to hear live.

Date: June 13, 2013 18:52

TheGreek
dcba
SWAYZ

i was at this show and i sat down when the stones started "playing get up stand up" you are right ,this song was bad!

you prolly got up on a cloud during this year's opener? yeah, i know your type...

Date: June 13, 2013 18:54

StonesTod
TheGreek
dcba
SWAYZ

you prolly got up on a cloud during this year's opener? yeah, i know your type...
as high as a georgia pine .

Date: June 13, 2013 18:55

CindyC
gotdablouse

That's because no one likes the live version enough to record it at this point! HA - I joke, but this is one of my least favorite songs to hear live.

Hehe...well in case a video never surfaces, here's the mp3 : [mega.co.nz]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-13 19:09 by gotdablouse.

Date: June 13, 2013 19:06

I've finally completed my very 1st MU download! Thx GTB! Mega, ça marche! >grinning smiley<

Seriously now : can we agree this June 12 show is an absolute disaster? Keith is obviously elsewhere thru the show.

If you have a 600$ ticket for the June 14 show bring your rabbit's foot! grinning smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-13 19:10 by dcba.

Posted by: Roll73 ()
Date: June 13, 2013 19:15

gotdablouse

Just listened to the mp3 you 'kindly' uploaded smiling smiley

Bloody hell that really is spectacular. Many bands would have said f$ck it and started over - but these boys just keeping ploughing through the shit until they come out the other side. God bless 'em!

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: June 13, 2013 19:38

TheGreek
christina aguilera @ beacon theatre for martin scorese shine a light movie during a bigger bang tour !

I was there for that and it wasn't pretty, but I've seen far worse things.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: June 13, 2013 20:14

That I saw myself; Keith AND Charlie both WALKING OFF THE STAGE during Sympathy for the Devil in Ottawa!

[thepowergoats.com]

Date: June 13, 2013 20:21

"Sympathy for the Devil featured some events that I'm not sure how to explain. Following the second chorus, Mick took a break where Keith would normally play the first solo. But just as soon as he started it, Keith left the stage behind Charlie. Then Charlie too also left!

I had never seen that during the middle of a song before. Then Charlie first came back, and started tentatively to play again. Then he stopped. Just as we were beginning to look around at other fans, Keith returned. He looked like he was ready to play then, so the group of Ronnie, Keith and Darryl stood around in front of Charlie and played a long solo break before Mick finally stepped in and did the final verse.
We will have to wait for an explanation of what occurred"
[www.iorr.org]

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2210
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home