Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6
Best Stones Train-wreck on Stage?
Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: May 10, 2013 03:38

Deciding to embrace all the complaining... what are people's all time worst Stones moments live?

I don't think this is the worst, but it's funny in retrospect (and actually admirable to see how Keith, Mick and Charlie play through it all):

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-14 21:08 by sonomastone.

Re: Worst Stones Train-wreck on Stage?
Posted by: SWAYZ ()
Date: May 10, 2013 03:55

Worst train wreck? Easy. The Bigger Bang tour. Pick any show.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: May 10, 2013 03:58

That I have witnessed would have to be Ronnie's solo on Tumbling Dice. Seattle Key Arena Bigger Bang Tour. It was like Sonic Youth & not in a good way. Motley Crue opened & evidently a little too much fun was had before the show. I like Ronnie but he wasn't happening that night. On the plus side, Keith did the heavy lifting that gig. You could see Mick glaring at Ronnie the whole show. Things were way more together 2 nights later in Portland.

Posted by: JuanTCB ()
Date: May 10, 2013 04:16

The Moustache Years.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: May 10, 2013 04:21

Right here

Date: May 10, 2013 04:26

More Hot Rocks
Right here

wow. ok, now i know why you guys are so cranky all the time. there's so much that's so wrong about this

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: May 10, 2013 04:28

"She's So Cold", Leeds '82. Long before the official bootleg that video was on YouTube, but it disappeared about a year ago. You can hear the trainwreck of course, but the video made it better. Nobody in the band even considered stopping and doing a restart, on with the show! But they never really got back on track.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: May 10, 2013 04:59

Mick Jagger's vocal performances of 1975-1976!!!!

Posted by: sanQ ()
Date: May 10, 2013 05:21

SWAYZ

I totally disagree. In 2006, they were great. You couldn't be more wrong. Have you even listened to those shows? I was at two shows and they were excellent. Great arrangements and everything was fantastic.

Date: May 10, 2013 05:46

slew
Mick Jagger's vocal performances of 1975-1976!!!!

it's amazing how much better he is now...

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: May 10, 2013 06:36

the fall from the tree and Woods disgraceful behaviour after he split from Joe was a low point...and mostly messy guitarists losing their chops....glad they cleaned it up...

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: May 10, 2013 10:41

My vote goes to Wild Horses with Gwen Stefani.

Posted by: Glammy ()
Date: May 10, 2013 11:07

There are a few.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: May 10, 2013 11:14

sonomastone
I don't think this is the worst, but it's funny in retrospect (and actually admirable to see how Keith, Mick and Charlie play through it all):

The Madrid thunder and rain intro isn´t a train wreck at all. It´s one of
the best moments in their career! A train wreck is musically badly played
due to best weather conditions, like "She´s So Cold" Wembley 82 or Gimme
Shelter Perth 73 (the one where Charlie tries to come in for 1,5 minutes).

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: May 10, 2013 11:16

NoCode0680
"She's So Cold", Leeds '82. Long before the official bootleg that video was on YouTube, but it disappeared about a year ago. You can hear the trainwreck of course, but the video made it better. Nobody in the band even considered stopping and doing a restart, on with the show! But they never really got back on track.

The Charlie v Keith battle is brilliant.

You get in step.. no you get in step.. no...

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: May 10, 2013 12:25

I don't think I've experienced a train-wreck re: the Stones. I did though with Bob Dylan in 1991 at Hammersmith: he was terrible.

Van Morrison, 1994, at Oxford Apollo was also dreadful, but not a train-wreck, just laziness.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: May 10, 2013 12:37

She's So Cold - Wembley 82. Oh, how we laughed.

Date: May 10, 2013 12:49

NoCode0680

I think that was Wembley 82?

Date: May 10, 2013 12:57

DandelionPowderman
NoCode0680

this?

Date: May 10, 2013 13:01

sonomastone
DandelionPowderman
NoCode0680

this?

It's no good without the visuals.

You have to see Keith swing round and look at Charlie and Bill trying not to laugh.

Mick trying to work out how the hell does he come in on that.

Date: May 10, 2013 13:02

GravityBoy
sonomastone
DandelionPowderman
NoCode0680

this?

You have to see Keith swing round and look at Charlie and Bill trying not to laugh.

i'd love to see the visual but the confusion in mick's voice was pretty apparent :-)

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: May 10, 2013 13:17

worried about you from Munich 2003 Circus Krone comes to my mind. Charlie is out for over a minute and he tries and tries but doesn`t get it right. It`s sad because up to that point it was a great version.

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: May 10, 2013 13:25

"Happy", Werchter 2007 deserves a mention in this thread.

Date: May 10, 2013 13:40

Wild Slivovitz

What about Nijmegen? grinning smiley

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 10, 2013 13:48

"You Don't have to Mean It" San Jose 1999, they just couldn't get the groove right...I even saw Mick clapping from the back to try get things back on track!

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: May 10, 2013 14:23

DandelionPowderman
NoCode0680

Well, I know Leeds WAS a trainwreck, but that video I mentioned might have been an equally messed up Wembley. I didn't even remember where the video was from, just knew it was '82. When Leeds came out I assumed it was the same performance as they mucked it up in pretty much the same way. I didn't imagine they did that more than once, at least not with the same song on the same tour. After one time you'd think they would have fixed it. This Wembley video isn't the same one that used to be up though, it was actual footage of the show. But it does sound like a similar trainwreck so I'll change my answer to a tossup between Leeds and Wembley '82.

She's So Cold is one of the few songs I feel like they play better later in their career (on the ABB tour at least, not sure I've heard the 50&C version), at least in that they play it like the album. I think that '82 arrangement was just asking for trouble, the intro was apparently difficult for everybody to get on the same page with. And the arrangement overall was odd. I don't think they mucked up the Hampton version, and it's OK, but still not crazy about it. Prefer the studio arrangement myself.

Posted by: ohotos ()
Date: May 10, 2013 14:33

An absolute train-wreck I experienced was Anybody Seen my Baby in Barcelona 1998, couldn't find any video.

Posted by: Valeswood ()
Date: May 10, 2013 14:39

SWAYZ

You obviously did not attend the O2 shows in 2007.

Date: May 10, 2013 14:41

sonomastone
GravityBoy
sonomastone
DandelionPowderman
NoCode0680

this?

i'd love to see the visual but the confusion in mick's voice was pretty apparent :-)

It's been deleted

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: May 10, 2013 15:32

DandelionPowderman
Wild Slivovitz

What about Nijmegen? grinning smiley

Don't mention Nijmegen. Got caught in that thunderstorm. Hottest day of the year too. Too much.

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1721
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home