Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: have the guitars ever sounded so bad?
Posted by: dougie ()
Date: May 10, 2013 05:05

I have seen 3 shows in 12/13. The guitar sound at the shows are so incredible. It literally devastates me and blows me away. It almost knocks me down without hurting my ears. The only show I have seen like it before was Vrendenburg in 2003. The impact of Keith's and Ronnie's guitars are the main reason why I continue to see as many shows as possible(while still keeping my day job).

The guitar players playing so focused, together and hard is also important. I have had good seats, so that might help my sound experience. I am usually critical of sound quality, but not during this tour (knocking on wood).

The videos do not come close to representing the sound at the shows. But, then again, I don't have soundboards with a 'system' like the stones (my neighbors appreciate that I bet).

They giving us amazing shows!

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: May 10, 2013 05:24

I have listened to a lot of the Oakland and San Jose shows and they don't sound out of tune! They are actually playing very well. Now also, the recording quality is shit, so you can't expect some steller sonic experience, but the root is there, and it sound damn good to me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-10 05:32 by whitem8.

Date: May 10, 2013 07:06

they've always been out of tune

what's yer fricken point

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: May 10, 2013 07:13

thumbs up
mickschix
Out of tune, really? Were you actually at the show? When I saw them on Dec 8 in Brooklyn they were absolutely jaw-dropping great!

F'n A right! You can't judge sound from a You tube video.

If it sounds good, the shooter got lucky.

Posted by: StonesBlake ()
Date: May 10, 2013 07:37

They sound a hell of a lot better than they did during Bigger Bang. Not bad for a bunch of guys nearing 70. Just remember they're not 21 anymore.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: May 10, 2013 13:14

Go to sleep, Mick.
Busy day tomorrow...

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 10, 2013 15:08

kees
Was shocked to hear how bad/out of tune/hardly any good playing etc. both guitarists sounded. Was tough for Jagger to 'save' the whole gig with help from D.Jones and Chuck

Same here Kees. Check "Bitch" from the San Jose gig and you'll... sad smiley

Date: May 10, 2013 15:09

dougie
I have seen 3 shows in 12/13. The guitar sound at the shows are so incredible. It literally devastates me and blows me away. It almost knocks me down without hurting my ears. The only show I have seen like it before was Vrendenburg in 2003. The impact of Keith's and Ronnie's guitars are the main reason why I continue to see as many shows as possible(while still keeping my day job).

The guitar players playing so focused, together and hard is also important. I have had good seats, so that might help my sound experience. I am usually critical of sound quality, but not during this tour (knocking on wood).

The videos do not come close to representing the sound at the shows. But, then again, I don't have soundboards with a 'system' like the stones (my neighbors appreciate that I bet).

They giving us amazing shows!

Is that you Mick? >grinning smiley<

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-10 15:10 by dcba.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: May 10, 2013 15:18

dcba
kees
Was shocked to hear how bad/out of tune/hardly any good playing etc. both guitarists sounded. Was tough for Jagger to 'save' the whole gig with help from D.Jones and Chuck

Same here Kees. Check "Bitch" from the San Jose gig and you'll... sad smiley

Wow really? I'm very critical of the performances but I thought that was the one bright spot. Maybe I'm trying too hard to find the silver lining.

Re: thumbs upRe: have the guitars ever sounded so bad?
Posted by: Nasty Habits ()
Date: May 10, 2013 15:20

Tonstone
slew
You people who want bitch are becoming a REAL BORE!!! The Stones are playing great!

thumbs up Nice level headed post.

thumbs up And I'll second that!

"I've got nasty habits I take tea at three"

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 10, 2013 15:41

NICOS
andrewt
NICOS
F-u-c-k the tuning, for me it's all about the excitement that I feel on this tour (thumbs down with perfection)......and I'm not a great live fan the last few decades

It's all about the excrement I feel on this tour.

That's nasty if you feel that....hope you wash your hands well before diner ;o)

andy's just shitting you

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: May 10, 2013 17:19

Funny, I was listening to Low Down this morning and at the end I thought Keith was out of tune. Sometimes his tones are just different. Good song.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: May 10, 2013 17:39

SLEWthumbs upthumbs upsmileys with beer I'm sick of stupid criticism too....I don't mind real criticism about not enough MT, or a shortened set list but to say they're always out of tune....just annoying.

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: May 10, 2013 17:44

Oakland was a weak show, listen to San Jose....

[www.dimeadozen.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-10 17:45 by mnewman505.

Date: May 10, 2013 17:56

What's undeniable (though we're on IORR and anything's possible here >grinning smiley< ) is there's a pattern with these 2013 shows : there's a steep decline in the quality of the playing after 13 15? songs.

After 70-80 minutes onstage they do sound tired (imo). SFTD has been a calamity every night.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: May 10, 2013 18:09

An interviewer asked Keith why on EXILE they went ahead and released All Down the Line even though it's out of tune. Keith said the feel was good.

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: May 10, 2013 19:17

"There's a steep decline in the quality of the playing after 13- 15 songs.
After 70-80 minutes onstage they do sound tired (imo). SFTD has been a calamity every night".

I don't think that's every gig's rule, dcba (and for sure JJF never sounds tired in my ears!). But if you are psychically unwiling to hear the greatest hits of the last list's part, perhaps you have the involuntary predisposition to find tired the perforances. Just a guesswork.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: May 10, 2013 19:59

Rokyfan
Title5Take1
The Beatles released REVOLVER and then went on tour, and Paul was listening to the album and was convinced the whole album was out of tune. The other Beatles had to convince him it wasn't.

Sometimes people can superimpose things. Sometimes I think Stones "fans" do.
that could have been the acid.
I think Paul's first acid trip was months later, with Tara Browne. Maybe he'd drunk too much Pimm's.

Posted by: roby ()
Date: May 10, 2013 20:07

Regardind Sympathy, yes, I found Keith solo really painful and really bad. Light years away from those he played in 2006. BA for exemple.

Posted by: Rik ()
Date: May 10, 2013 20:35

And 2096 wasn't too good already.....

Date: May 11, 2013 12:30

However, all the reviews say the Keith solo in 2013 is great, awesome, the best since Charlemagne, so do not worry smiling smiley smiling smiley

Date: May 11, 2013 12:35

Keith's Going down solo from London 1st show last year was a lesson in efficient and aggressive rock'n'roll playing! thumbs up

Date: May 11, 2013 12:41

I do not think so. And in any case not comparable with 2006, and I obviously do not speak about the seventies...

Date: May 11, 2013 12:44

You have no clue of what you are talking about. Have another listen...

Date: May 11, 2013 12:52

I just do. Come on ! Do you really think that this one is better than in Buenos Aires 2006 ? I think it is very specific to SFTD, and it is worse in 2013 IMO.

Date: May 11, 2013 14:29

I said Going Down!

Posted by: VT22 ()
Date: May 11, 2013 15:39

DandelionPowderman

You have no clue of what you are talking about. Have another listen...
------------------------------------------------------------------------
I said Going Down!

Ah, the one with Jeff Beck. I'm afraid you overestimate your knowledge a bit, to put it mildly. Actually, several of your superfluous posts/ musical comments here are beyond arrogance. I suggest you ask BV to get a sticky, exclusively for your own.

Date: May 11, 2013 16:18

And I said SFTD...

DandelionPowderman
I said Going Down!

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: May 11, 2013 16:33

mickschix
SLEWthumbs upthumbs upsmileys with beer I'm sick of stupid criticism too....I don't mind real criticism about not enough MT, or a shortened set list but to say they're always out of tune....just annoying.

Some handy tips to refine your pallet for criticism.
The best kinds have a robust bouquet of observation,
accent notes of humour, and a long satisfying aftertaste of truth.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: May 11, 2013 18:08

I'm not an expert, but one these two the guitars sound really good to me:

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1912
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home