Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

will it be an hollywood ending
Posted by: terry ()
Date: February 28, 2005 01:17

ive often wonder how the stones will finish there career...hopefully not just yet...will mick n keef hold hands as they walk off into the sunset (i dont think so) or will they just fizzle out.. or will one of them drop off or out.i would like them to bring out a really good studio album (the one there working on ) then do about a dozen open air shows like central park and finish off in londons hyde park..i think that would be a fitting end.so what about you the real fans like it to end.or does it have to end

Re: will it be an hollywood ending
Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: February 28, 2005 01:22

Well i have no idea how it should end but i want to be at the last concert for sure!!!!

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: February 28, 2005 01:28

They'll continue until either Mick/Keith pass away or Charlie decides to quit.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 28, 2005 01:32

Simple answer

One of them will kick the bucket and the remaining band members will then realise that's their signal to end it

At the age they are at now, they're not going to split up. Nature will take it's course.

They'll go out with a whimper instead of a big bang.

Posted by: davido ()
Date: February 28, 2005 01:41

Yeah I'd bet here today,
gone tomorrow. One will die
and that will be it.

Date: February 28, 2005 01:42

PS folks can live a long time nowadays,
Keith against all odds............................

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: February 28, 2005 02:27

I'm dreading this hateful day which is inevitable. It will come. And it won't be like Mick and the boys walking off into the sunset. The idea of a last concert is good, but it just doesn't fit the Stones. One of them will die. And that's the true rock 'n roll way to go, wicked as it seems. But DAMN I wanna be at that last concert be it in America, Argentina, Europe or whereever.

sad smileyI'm feeling a little down nowsad smiley

JumpingKentFlash

Date: February 28, 2005 03:06

Future anxiety is an aweful
thing, not a good way to live,
one experiences the worst possibilities
again and again, and it doesn't do any ggod.
We can't know what will happen to the boys,
but they've got a new album and tour in the
works, a remastered catalogue, the dvd's,
our boots. Enjoy today! In it's own
way this is another classic Stones
moment, or will be considered
as such someday. Be here now!

Posted by: Sam Spade ()
Date: February 28, 2005 03:38

Truth be told, this will more than likely be their final album of "new" material.

You ask why, well if they wait another 8 years Mick will be 70, even 5 years Mick will be 67. The likes of Chuck Berry, Bo Diddly, Jerry Lee Lewis, don't record new material at their age.

The Stones touring days are coming to an end, and when the famous question "Will this be your last tour" is asked, the answer will be a hidden "Yes". Personally, I don't think they will wait for "the hurse to pull up" as Keith once stated, rather they will just cease. Actually, it won't be so bad because I believe we will get an "Official" Ladies and Gentlemen DVD and more than likely live material that has never been heard along with unreleased studio material.

Just be glad you saw them when you did because there will NEVER be another band like them lasting over 40 years. The ORIGINAL can not be duplicated.

Date: February 28, 2005 03:58

Hmmm well a lot of the old blues guys
kept recording right up til they died.
John Lee Hooker immediately comes
to mind.................

Date: February 28, 2005 04:01

>Truth be told, this will more than likely be their final album of "new" >material.

Wow. Flashback to when I was still a fetus. No disrespect to you man, but I seriously don't think so. I bet my balls they will keep on doing it. smiling smiley

>The likes of Chuck Berry, Bo Diddly, Jerry Lee Lewis, don't record new material >at their age.

I wouldn't say that. Jerry Lee is releasing a new album soon. "Old Glory" it's called. As for the other dudes: They still tour. The Stones will do the same. I wouldn't mind the Stones making concerts where you sit down and they play many quiet songs and very few rockers. Come to think of it that's a good idea when they finally come to that point where they can't jump and dance around like crazy anymore (Still it is so friggin' amazing that they still do that).
I think The Stones, and Keith in particular, will refuse to call it quits. I think he might feel that much of what they have accomplished will be in vain if they do that. So no chance.

There's a reason when we say The Rolling Stones FOREVER you know.

Keep 'em coming boys. It's still the best out there. smiling smiley

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Sam Spade ()
Date: February 28, 2005 04:13

Keith has nothing else, just the road. Ronnie has his painting, Mick has film production, soundtracks, Charlie has health concerns. They can retire gracefully.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 28, 2005 04:18

You can believe Keith on this one: "We'll continue, as do the old Bluesmen, together or otherwise, and I'm going to continue doing what I do." (KR)

Which I take to mean: They will continue as a group until one of them die. Solo wise, they will continue doing what they do, on the side.

The rest of the Stones have said much the same.

Date: February 28, 2005 04:25

Yeah Keith will always play his guitar
coz that's what he does, Mick needs
the attention he gets as a performer,
but what about Charlie? I could see
him retiring his sticks someday
to just enjoy his other pursuits.

Date: February 28, 2005 04:30

Demon Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You can believe Keith on this one: "We'll
> continue, as do the old Bluesmen, together or
> otherwise, and I'm going to continue doing what I
> do." (KR)
>
> Which I take to mean: They will continue as a
> group until one of them die. Solo wise, they will
> continue doing what they do, on the side.
>
> The rest of the Stones have said much the same.

I'm with Demon (The Swedish dude.......Hahahahahaha......Sorry). winking smiley
To keep on rocking, you must do exactly that. You can't just say "We will keep on going" and then don't do it.

JumpingKentFlash

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1572
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home