Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: do you get loaded for the Stones show?
Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: May 9, 2013 18:26

Why would you get loaded at a Stones concert. Don't you want to enjoy the music and the show. If you have to drink at a Stones concert to enjoy the Greatest Rock and roll band In The World there is something wrong with you.

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: May 9, 2013 18:29

More Hot Rocks
Why would you get loaded at a Stones concert. Don't you want to enjoy the music and the show. If you have to drink at a Stones concert to enjoy the Greatest Rock and roll band In The World there is something wrong with you.

why does anyone ever get loaded then? i can't believe you folks. i thought i knew my iorr community. bunch of sober losers.

Posted by: Long John Stoner ()
Date: May 9, 2013 18:38

GRNRBITW
More Hot Rocks

why does anyone ever get loaded then? i can't believe you folks. i thought i knew my iorr community. bunch of sober losers.

Good question. Why DOES anyone get loaded anymore? Especially if you're getting up there in years. From where I sit, it's the losers who are loaded.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-09 18:46 by Long John Stoner.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: May 9, 2013 18:42

Long John Stoner
GRNRBITW
More Hot Rocks

Good question. Why DOES anyone get loaded anymore? Especially if you're getting up there in years. From where I sit, it's the losers who are loaded.

If

Again I agree.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: May 9, 2013 18:48

You have to be a REAL A**hole to get messed up before A Stones concert....especially with the price of tix and all the hassles that go along with just getting in the damn door!
The first time I ever saw the Stones was July 1972 in Boston. I had a seat overlooking the stage, stage left, one tier up..the guys sitting next to me were drinking straight Jack Daniels and puffing on joints as Stevie Wonder played.....the lights went out, the Stones rushed on and all 3 guys were passed out COLD! I was thrilled, I used their awesome binoculars!

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: May 9, 2013 18:53

In today's world any working man or women who spends a lot for a ticket can't afford to get loaded AND keep a job.

Date: May 9, 2013 18:58

mickschix
You have to be a REAL A**hole to get messed up before A Stones concert....especially with the price of tix and all the hassles that go along with just getting in the damn door!

isn't that enough to drive you to drink???

Posted by: Turning To Gold ()
Date: May 9, 2013 19:01

Why yes -- to see the Stones, first I get wasted in the parking lot in the afternoon on a bottle or two of vintage Cristal Brut champagne, 1900, also known as Methuselah, selling for $17,625 a bottle. Then I fire up a spliff of rare Brazilian "White Widow" marijuana at $1800 an ounce, and smoke that....then I do a vial or two of pure pharmaceutical Mallinckrodt cocaine in the bathroom -- grab a handful of 80 mg pure Oxycotin at $16 a pill (wholesale, most expensive kind) and then head to the VIP backstage bar area to wash them down with a bottle of Diva Vodka ($1,000,000) complete with crushed diamonds and gems in the physical bottle. But yes, before the show I usually start getting wasted on the Learjet flying in!

NOT

Posted by: parislocksmith ()
Date: May 9, 2013 19:04

Not overly fond of crowds.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-09 19:05 by parislocksmith.

Posted by: mgshorr ()
Date: May 9, 2013 19:04

The show is my high too brotha. I save the substances to get through real-life >grinning smiley< drinking smiley

Posted by: Des ()
Date: May 9, 2013 19:10

I go to Stones show to get back a piece of being 17 in 72 again. Unfortualy too much hash cast me three songs at that one and I swore I would temper my experience since.

However I am from BC Canada for those who know the reference and old habits die hard. I rarly drink and after having to pee in Seattle and watch a song from the TV monitors above the urinal I pledged not to waste my money that way and have never had more than water to quench the dry throat from signing along, or some smuggled scotch.

I will say I am disapointed in the change of attitude in venues to smoking pot. A stones show in BC is very heavily supervised to not smoke while other younger generation bands still enjoy some freedom. In Tacoma I found a hole to have a puff and returning to my floor seat was immediatly singled out and chastised for the smell, realy got them when I pulled a glass micky of scotch out of my coat, I must have appeared a real degenerate....get real folks. So this show I took a cookie from one of our compasionate outlets, no smell, very good cookie, and cookies pass customs.

Posted by: RockinJive ()
Date: May 9, 2013 19:19

Nothings worst than an jerk that has been drinking and acts like owns the arena. Please don't act like a jerk at a concert, there is no need to act like that. I don't know why you would want to get wasted at a concert. Don't you want to watch the band?

Date: May 9, 2013 19:30

RockinJive
Nothings worst than an jerk that has been drinking and acts like owns the arena. Please don't act like a jerk at a concert, there is no need to act like that. I don't know why you would want to get wasted at a concert. Don't you want to watch the band?

let's not get personal. we alkies are ppl and have feelings, too...

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: May 9, 2013 19:34

RockinJive

Sounds like most of the people in the skyboxes.

Posted by: atip ()
Date: May 9, 2013 19:45

GRNRBITW
More Hot Rocks

More Hot Rocks and a few of the others must be the people who stand out front with their bibles before the show yelling at everyone they're going to h-e-l-l. Just because your brand of fun doesn't match someone else's doesn't mean there's a damn thing wrong with them. I know The Stones have NEVER been on drink or drug while performing, and they're the guys you should worry about.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-09 19:51 by atip.

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: May 9, 2013 20:32

camper88
Some young (early 20's) dudes beside me at the Beacon Theatre show for Shine a Light were lighting up spliffs like it was Bob Marley's Birthday (they were about three months early).

Before I knew it, I was the mayor of Cottonmouth city.
Champagne & Reefer soon sounded like a more reasonable drug policy.

Just say no . . .
To Cottonmouth

When I read your post I thought right away you might be talking about me. I had some weed that I brought in for the show but this guy next to kept pulling out joint after joint and was sharing with everyone. He must have pulled around 10 of them, just kept them coming and getting everyone high. Created a pretty big cloud of smoke in our section. Were you by any chance sitting in the upper section?

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: May 9, 2013 21:08

atip
GRNRBITW
More Hot Rocks

More Hot Rocks and a few of the others must be the people who stand out front with their bibles before the show yelling at everyone they're going to h-e-l-l. Just because your brand of fun doesn't match someone else's doesn't mean there's a damn thing wrong with them. I know The Stones have NEVER been on drink or drug while performing, and they're the guys you should worry about.

we should admire those people. They not only know how they should live, they know how everyone else should live also.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-09 21:08 by Rokyfan.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: May 9, 2013 21:25

Some hash or weed and then maybe a beer or two doesn't really get me "wasted" but helps get me into the spirit more. I've been doing it for 42 years and it hasn't failed me yet.

Funny how things have changed. At the Allmans show at the Beacon a couple of guys in their mid to late fifties lit up a joint and promptly had a flashlight shined in their faces by a female usher who wasn't older than 25. They looked at each other and grinned like, "Hey, man, we got busted! HAR! HAR! HAR!"

Date: May 9, 2013 21:29

#1 - only once have I fallen asleep and missed part of a show. As it turns out the artist (not the Stones) was also having an off night.

#2 - when I go into a concert, I go in with the attitude of "Do Not Disturb".
I'll agree to not to disturb you by being an obnoxious, loudmouth, falling down, f*%ked up douchebag if you agree not to disturb me by talking on your cell phone or to your frat brudders the whole show or otherwise distract me from having a good time! I don't go to many shows anymore as I find myself in the minority with this attitude.

#3 - The one exception to this may be that if I'm at a Stones show, I may want to get up and shake my hips (not move my lips)! It's a rock n roll show - get over it, you boring turd.

#4 - as far as chemicals go, to each their own. I, for good or ill, am gonna let my freak flag fly!

#5 - I don't have a problem with drugs or policemen.

Posted by: Duane in Houston ()
Date: May 9, 2013 23:33

Well, you know how it is....a little of this and a little of that...... a few of these and a couple of those....a sip of this and a slug of that.....and a bit of this and a bit more of that....you know.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: May 9, 2013 23:36

Duane in Houston
Well, you know how it is....a little of this and a little of that...... a few of these and a couple of those....a sip of this and a slug of that.....and a bit of this and a bit more of that....you know.

Damn. Put that on the flag and run it up the pole!
I'm in....wooohoooo

Date: May 9, 2013 23:52

Munichhilton
Duane in Houston

I'm in....wooohoooo

are we texans the last true rockers?

Date: May 9, 2013 23:54

GRNRBITW
Munichhilton
Duane in Houston

I'm in....wooohoooo

are we texans the last true rockers?

It ain't braggin' if its true...

Posted by: RockinJive ()
Date: May 10, 2013 00:00

Rokyfan
atip
GRNRBITW
More Hot Rocks

we should admire those people. They not only know how they should live, they know how everyone else should live also.

I agree with MHR. If your getting wasted at a concert. Don't be around me. Can't stand drunks.

Date: May 10, 2013 00:03

RockinJive
Rokyfan
atip
GRNRBITW
More Hot Rocks

I agree with MHR. If your getting wasted at a concert. Don't be around me. Can't stand drunks.

What the hell you hanging around here for then?

Posted by: stonesboston1975 ()
Date: May 10, 2013 00:12

hi , at my first stones show, I got one hit of blotter,i took half and my date took half,i was 17 she was 16,reel good time, and when mr. happy came out of the stage WOW,then we went to a bahhh on Kenmore sg. so all and all it was a very good time

Date: May 10, 2013 00:37

stonesboston1975
hi , at my first stones show, I got one hit of blotter,i took half and my date took half,i was 17 she was 16,reel good time, and when mr. happy came out of the stage WOW,then we went to a bahhh on Kenmore sg. so all and all it was a very good time

you did what again on a sears appliance?

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: May 10, 2013 00:40

GRNRBITW
stonesboston1975

you did what again on a sears appliance?

I wasn't going to go there, but I sorta wondered the same thing...

Date: May 10, 2013 00:56

Not any more, I used to when I was younger. One time at a Philly show I got too wasted when someone passed around winesack filled with wine tainted with LSD and Angel Dust and I drank a bunch of it and barely remember the concert. Those were the wild days, lol. Now we hardly see people lighting up joints inside the venues due to the no smoking rules. But a mild buzz seems to enhance the Stones concert experience. Not too wasted because the price of the show deserves our full attention!

Date: May 10, 2013 00:57

BitchKeepsBitchin
Not any more, I used to when I was younger. One time at a Philly show I got too wasted when someone passed around winesack filled with wine tainted with LSD and Angel Dust and I drank a bunch of it and barely remember the concert. Those were the wild days, lol. Now we hardly see people lighting up joints inside the venues due to the no smoking rules. But a mild buzz seems to enhance the Stones concert experience. Not too wasted because the price of the show deserves our full attention!

so sad. where does a guy go to get a decent date for a rock concert anymore???

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2009
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home