Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: do you get loaded for the Stones show?
Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: May 10, 2013 00:59

BitchKeepsBitchin
Not any more, I used to when I was younger. One time at a Philly show I got too wasted when someone passed around winesack filled with wine tainted with LSD and Angel Dust and I drank a bunch of it and barely remember the concert. Those were the wild days, lol. Now we hardly see people lighting up joints inside the venues due to the no smoking rules. But a mild buzz seems to enhance the Stones concert experience. Not too wasted because the price of the show deserves our full attention!

The first time I met someone who was actually at a Stones MSG concert in 69 I was so excited, grabbed him and asked him to tell me all about it. "I was too wasted to remember any of it," he said " and I think the same was true for the rest of the crowd."

And we wonder why they think we won't notice if they play out of tune or pose instead of playing...

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: May 10, 2013 01:20

GRNRBITW
BitchKeepsBitchin
Not any more, I used to when I was younger. One time at a Philly show I got too wasted when someone passed around winesack filled with wine tainted with LSD and Angel Dust and I drank a bunch of it and barely remember the concert. Those were the wild days, lol. Now we hardly see people lighting up joints inside the venues due to the no smoking rules. But a mild buzz seems to enhance the Stones concert experience. Not too wasted because the price of the show deserves our full attention!

so sad. where does a guy go to get a decent date for a rock concert anymore???

Produce aisle?

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: May 10, 2013 01:37

Munichhilton
GRNRBITW
BitchKeepsBitchin

so sad. where does a guy go to get a decent date for a rock concert anymore???

Produce aisle?

aisle bite

Posted by: roryg ()
Date: May 10, 2013 01:39

I generally enjoy a few barley pops, but it's always been more entertaining watching the wasted, like the guy in Chicago wiping out an empty row of seats during the whooo of the "Brown Sugar" encore.

Date: May 10, 2013 01:43

roryg
I generally enjoy a few barley pops, but it's always been more entertaining watching the wasted, like the guy in Chicago wiping out an empty row of seats during the whooo of the "Brown Sugar" encore.

i didn't feel a thing...until the following morning.

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: May 10, 2013 02:35

GRNRBITW
i am very disappointed in the iorr community. you should all be ashamed. the only good stones fan is a drunken stones fan.

Love your sentiments on this one !! - but got too admit at Knebworth 76' I was so glad of some water around midnight !! - The wine and Sun had taken their toll !! -ok not letting the side down - On leaving the Fair we stopped for a Liquid Lunch before heading home to Scotland with a master tape under our arms - Ahh the stff of legends...

Date: May 10, 2013 02:36

Tonstone
GRNRBITW
i am very disappointed in the iorr community. you should all be ashamed. the only good stones fan is a drunken stones fan.

Love your sentiments on this one !! - but got too admit at Knebworth 76' I was so glad of some water around midnight !! - The wine and Sun had taken their toll !! -ok not letting the side down - On leaving the Fair we stopped for a Liquid Lunch before heading home to Scotland with a master tape under our arms - Ahh the stff of legends...

bless you, my son! it gives this ol' geezer hope....

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: May 10, 2013 02:42

GRNRBITW
Tonstone
GRNRBITW

bless you, my son! it gives this ol' geezer hope....

Hey we are all Old Geezers together - by being on a Stones Board there is always hope and no hard feelings smileys with beer - Please don't take offense at my postings - I Just love my band.

Posted by: GADAWG ()
Date: May 10, 2013 04:38

Worked my way up to half a gallon a day and an 8 ball for Friday and Saturday over the years. But once over 50 it was in my best interest to move out of the fast lane so no alcohol at all and only an occasional line just to be polite to the offeror since.

All that being said, the two shows in Newark over the holidays was the first opportunity to see the band stone cold sober. (No pun intended)

Great experience. Not better or worse, just different. Maybe less spent at the
T-shirt stand and better memory of the specifics of the evening. I don't usually drive to shows so that hasn't been an issue.

Probably the best story was the B2B show on a Friday night in Charlotte. Left Atlanta in a limo with another couple loaded for a weekend of mind altering fun.

Show was absolutely fantastic. Left Charlotte somewhere around midnight headed to Knoxville for a 1:00 PM GA-TN kickoff. With GA losing the game at halftime I headed for the air conditioned safety of the back of the limo. That’s the last thing I remember.

Of course GA lost but the weekend will be burned forever in my memory.

The Gods were looking out for us during that excursion in so many ways.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: May 10, 2013 05:19

Long John Stoner
GRNRBITW
More Hot Rocks
Why would you get loaded at a Stones concert. Don't you want to enjoy the music and the show. If you have to drink at a Stones concert to enjoy the Greatest Rock and roll band In The World there is something wrong with you.

why does anyone ever get loaded then? i can't believe you folks. i thought i knew my iorr community. bunch of sober losers.

Good question. Why DOES anyone get loaded anymore? Especially if you're getting up there in years. From where I sit, it's the losers who are loaded.

Only users lose drugs...

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: May 10, 2013 05:24

andrewt
Long John Stoner
GRNRBITW
More Hot Rocks
Why would you get loaded at a Stones concert. Don't you want to enjoy the music and the show. If you have to drink at a Stones concert to enjoy the Greatest Rock and roll band In The World there is something wrong with you.

why does anyone ever get loaded then? i can't believe you folks. i thought i knew my iorr community. bunch of sober losers.

Good question. Why DOES anyone get loaded anymore? Especially if you're getting up there in years. From where I sit, it's the losers who are loaded.

Only users lose drugs...
Hahaha! anybody can quit but it takes a real man (or woman) to face early onset dementia!smoking smiley

Date: May 10, 2013 16:53

andrewt
Long John Stoner
GRNRBITW
More Hot Rocks

Only users lose drugs...

this is a work-free drug place

Posted by: Duane in Houston ()
Date: May 10, 2013 18:39

BitchKeepsBitchin
Was that 1975? I was there, on the floor. Awesome show. Beer, weed and Quaaludes was my prescription if I recall.

Posted by: Rollin' Stoner ()
Date: May 10, 2013 20:52

No...but I got loaded at the record shop

Posted by: njlstones815 ()
Date: May 10, 2013 22:03

I agree with BV!! Just seeing the Stones is more than enough!!

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1832
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home