Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324...LastNext
Current Page: 19 of 28
Re: "From The Vault"- Hampton 1981 on 3 November
Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: October 30, 2014 19:37

I only have the blu ray by now - without the CDs. I think it is mainly the Google Download Mix but at least with more overdubs (I think the Miss You overdub wasn't on the Google download version).

Edit: So I just compared the two versions. The Miss You overdub is on the Google Download Version too. So the Audio from the Blu Ray could be an exact copy from the Download Source.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-30 19:52 by hockenheim95.

Posted by: Sjouke ()
Date: October 31, 2014 12:07

This morning at the local Media Markt in Basel I got the Hampton 1981 on BLuRay. Further, they have it as a DVD + 2CD set (small box). No Deluxe set was available.
I was actually hoping for a DVD + BR + 2CD like the Sweet Summer Sun in a large box.

sjouke

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: October 31, 2014 12:39

hockenheim95
Got the Blu Ray from a local store. The Video doesn`t look good on a big screen, so I made a frame around it. It has the same TIOMS version as the audio bootleg, which was thought to have overdubs. At the beginning you can here a big cut where the audio switches to the bootleg version. Miss You clearly has some vocal overdubs too. The "ah-ah-ah-ah-ah" part at the beginning sounds totally out of place. Then the video isn`t always the same quality. Some parts are as worse as as we know them from the bootlegs. I think they doctored a lot from different sources. I haven`t compared everything by now.

I think it is an upgrade to the bootleg but don`t except anything new. The camera angles are mainly the same as the ones we know. I don`t know if there are even differences as mentioned before. A bit of the backstage footage is included as well as the naked woman.

Edit: some of the Miss You vocals could be from the Let`s spend The Night Together Movie. Sometimes they don`t match the video at all. this makes this release unwatchable for me. I want to see and hear the real thing. This is a shame.

Thats cheered me up.thumbs down Was so looking forward to the monday release.

Date: October 31, 2014 15:57

Jimmy C
So is this the same mix on the Google Download? Trying to determine if it's worth buying the CD just to rip it in iTunes if I already have the Google version.

And I know there is a separate thread on this, but on the LA Forum - did we ever figure out definitively if that is a different show than the google download?

Yes. The download was from the 13th. This will be from the 11th.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: October 31, 2014 16:04

DandelionPowderman
Jimmy C
So is this the same mix on the Google Download? Trying to determine if it's worth buying the CD just to rip it in iTunes if I already have the Google version.

And I know there is a separate thread on this, but on the LA Forum - did we ever figure out definitively if that is a different show than the google download?

According to [www.stonesfromthevault.com], this release will be the concert from July 12th:

"After a couple of low key warm-up shows in Louisiana the tour took in 44 dates between the 3rd June and the 8th August 1975. They settled into the L.A. Forum for a five night stint from July 9th to 13th and this concert film features the show from July 12th." winking smiley

Date: October 31, 2014 16:29

I must correct myself a little bit. They mainly used one video source. Only the 2nd half of Beast of Burdon is from an inferior video source. But the quality from the main video source depends on the camera. The flying camera hasn`t got the same quality as the close ups.

The audio is the same as the "official bootleg" version with overdubs.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: October 31, 2014 16:41

Cristiano Radtke
DandelionPowderman
Jimmy C

According to [www.stonesfromthevault.com], this release will be the concert from July 12th:

"After a couple of low key warm-up shows in Louisiana the tour took in 44 dates between the 3rd June and the 8th August 1975. They settled into the L.A. Forum for a five night stint from July 9th to 13th and this concert film features the show from July 12th." winking smiley

I know the LA discussion is separate from Hampton but to respond yes the "film" is the 12th(or 11th) but the audio(CD/LP) is very likely the 13th we already have.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: October 31, 2014 17:01

i ordered mine from best buy should have it early next week . looking forward to it, there has been some talk that mick has cut out all the pre concert stuff because among many reasons in regards to freddie sassler.i hope that is not true because i like the back stage stuff with keef and ronnie playing pool with bill graham and the parade of all the people backstage , the scene of george thorogood hanging with keith and lest i forget to mention the several songs in george thorogood'd set (which is pretty cool)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-31 17:09 by TheGreek.

Date: October 31, 2014 18:25

There is around 3 minutes of backstage stuff at the beginning. Mick warming up, bill playing table tenis ans a bit footage of the backstage room

Posted by: Havo ()
Date: October 31, 2014 19:33

I have the 2 cd Set "Twenty Flight Rock" from Hampton 1981. Is it worth to buy the New-One????

Posted by: silkcut1978_ ()
Date: October 31, 2014 19:41

watched about half of it (DVD) and I think it's not too bad for a simple TV recording. I wish all my video stuff would be as good as this one.
Anyway, I don't care too much as I'm waiting for LA 12/7 :-)

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: October 31, 2014 20:06

Havo- I think it's worth to buy at least the CD/DVD package. It's easily worth 20 euros no matter which other title you already have. That's my opinion. However, I will buy all the L.A. 75 formats. And maybe the forthcoming titles as well. But this one has been too over played through the years. Anyhow, nice to have it official and on silver cds. Of course I bought all the titles in FLAC downloads. Probably same as everyone else here?

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: October 31, 2014 21:05

Mine arrived today - great package, but:

The DVD and the sleeve of record 3 stuck with glue in the interior.
Took some time and nerves to get it out.

Posted by: OutOfTime ()
Date: October 31, 2014 21:08

frankotero
Havo- I think it's worth to buy at least the CD/DVD package. It's easily worth 20 euros no matter which other title you already have. That's my opinion. However, I will buy all the L.A. 75 formats. And maybe the forthcoming titles as well. But this one has been too over played through the years. Anyhow, nice to have it official and on silver cds. Of course I bought all the titles in FLAC downloads. Probably same as everyone else here?

WOW!!! 19 pages about a "From The Vault" release smileys with beer
Reading about this releases on page 1 of this thread I decided to buy both in the DVD + 2 CD version, but I will wait until LA 75 is released to spare posting costs.
I already own all the six "Download albums from the vaults" (made my own CD's of it and used the officially released artwork with some own imagination) and the bootleg DVD from Hampton with complete backstagefootage from the original pay-per-view.
What really would get me excited would be a PARADISO 1995 from the Vault release. Not only because I was there the first show (and the second on the square directly shown on a screen), but also because of the great setlists and this is a legendary moment in STONES-history all around the world.... in other words could sell a lot more copies.
Who would not buy "From The Vault" - PARADISO, AMSTERDAM 1995 - ?

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: October 31, 2014 23:40

OutOfTime
frankotero

WOW!!! 19 pages about a "From The Vault" release smileys with beer
Reading about this releases on page 1 of this thread I decided to buy both in the DVD + 2 CD version, but I will wait until LA 75 is released to spare posting costs.
I already own all the six "Download albums from the vaults" (made my own CD's of it and used the officially released artwork with some own imagination) and the bootleg DVD from Hampton with complete backstagefootage from the original pay-per-view.
What really would get me excited would be a PARADISO 1995 from the Vault release. Not only because I was there the first show (and the second on the square directly shown on a screen), but also because of the great setlists and this is a legendary moment in STONES-history all around the world.... in other words could sell a lot more copies.
Who would not buy "From The Vault" - PARADISO, AMSTERDAM 1995 - ?

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs updrinking smiley

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: November 1, 2014 01:54

According to the advertised length of the new release: 150min, it appears that the backstage staged interactions (Sheep, Snakelady, the Shower buddies) and Thorogood Set are absent, perhaps it starts at either the 6:44 into the 4reel release (which is the cross into the dress room with Mick's entrance, and the famous 'Everyone a Maserati' because that equals 150min to go or the Mick warm up at stage curtain. which is only 2:01min after this point. I'd go with the earlier point it'd be ok.

Saying that I'd far prefer an integrated George Thorogood Set and all the Backstage carry on, backstage probably sounds bad and George was amazing could be the good reasons not too, however as good as George was The Stones destroy on this night.

Posted by: NedKellyBandit ()
Date: November 1, 2014 14:46

I received my Blu Ray from Amazon today. Great Release.
Excellent picture and sound quality for an 80's television recording. smileys with beer
Ca. 5 Minutes of Backstage Scenes before the show starts.
Have Fun!

Posted by: bonddm ()
Date: November 1, 2014 15:53

Is there a 5.1 mix on the DVD/blu ray?

Posted by: NedKellyBandit ()
Date: November 1, 2014 16:05

Yes.
1. LPCM Stereo
2. DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: November 1, 2014 16:56

hockenheim95
I must correct myself a little bit. They mainly used one video source. Only the 2nd half of Beast of Burdon is from an inferior video source. But the quality from the main video source depends on the camera. The flying camera hasn`t got the same quality as the close ups.

The audio is the same as the "official bootleg" version with overdubs.

Thankfully not only mine; when the 2nd half of 'Beast..' went to a much lower picture quality, after having immensely enjoyed up to then, I thought perhaps my copy was damaged. But it corrected itself; the rest played as normal.

I must say it's a great release; I had the bootleg, with the great dressing room footage, pity more of that wasn't included, but, the concert itself I found a step up from the bootleg. Picture for the most part seems very clear, I was very impressed with it, given it was taken from a pay-per-view from 1981. In places seemed crystal clear. Sound also was terrific mostly, clear separation between the guitars; Keith really was on fire on that tour. The rhythm section was smoking; and I love the saxophones' from that and the 1982 tour.

The version of 'Just my Imagination' is sublime; even 'Neighbours', a song I felt was butchered on the TY album due to the boomy production, sounded great.

Roll on 2 weeks time, for the BIG one, 1975!!

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: November 2, 2014 14:07

Just received mine and loving it in glorious blue ray. thumbs upsmileys with beer

Posted by: mickjerome ()
Date: November 2, 2014 14:31

I have got the bluray the sound in dts-hd is really fantastic!

Posted by: DECCA61 ()
Date: November 2, 2014 14:46

Got the bluray on saturday amazing HD sound

but the picture could be better at some points, and i noticed a rare NON lipsinc moment at LSTNT anyone else .. ??

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: November 2, 2014 14:48

SKILLS

Saying that I'd far prefer an integrated George Thorogood Set

Who cares about GT in 2014? he had his moment of fame in the early 80's but that's it.

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: November 2, 2014 17:02

DECCA61

but the picture could be better at some points, and i noticed a rare NON lipsinc moment at LSTNT anyone else .. ??
yes good question, I'm still expecting to receive mine.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: November 2, 2014 17:53

hockenheim95
I only have the blu ray by now - without the CDs. I think it is mainly the Google Download Mix but at least with more overdubs (I think the Miss You overdub wasn't on the Google download version).

Edit: So I just compared the two versions. The Miss You overdub is on the Google Download Version too. So the Audio from the Blu Ray could be an exact copy from the Download Source.

The 4-CD Japanese super deluxe edition is said to have two different mixes : one is the same as the original download, the other one is the soundtrack of the DVD/Blu-ray : [wardrecords.com]

The same goes with LA 1975 : [wardrecords.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-02 17:54 by kowalski.

Posted by: slowhand ()
Date: November 2, 2014 18:59

bonddm
Is there a 5.1 mix on the DVD/blu ray?

NedKellyBandit
Yes.
1. LPCM Stereo
2. DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1

THE main reason to get the Blu-ray version...you won't get that on the DVD.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-02 19:04 by slowhand.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 2, 2014 19:27

DECCA61

it annoys me they've only coupled the dvd with the lp's, which is the package I bought because I wanted the vinyl!

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: November 2, 2014 21:05

Is anyone getting the vinyl set? Am I the only one? It appears the vinyl sets won't be out for a few more weeks. I wonder why.

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: November 2, 2014 21:21

I have just received the Vinyl/DVD set and the CD/DVD set from Amazon.co.uk. Firstly, to show how good Amazon are, both were delivered today (Sunday!), for free and a day before the official release.
The picture quality is brilliant, it's not HD standard but you'd never get that from a show recorded on videotape. My favourite bootleg is the Jointrip version and this absolutely blows it out of the water. You notice things you haven't been able to see before and the audiences faces are clearly visible if anyone here was lucky enough to be in Hampton that night!? The sound is perfect especially in DTS Surround Sound. Enjoy your early Christmas present everyone! LA '75 Ina couple of weeks too!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324...LastNext
Current Page: 19 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1483
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home