Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 28
Re: "From The Vault"- Hampton 1981 on 3 November
Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: August 17, 2014 08:56

Kevinrm15
Father Ted
£19.98, 3 disc version on Amazon UK:

From The Vault - Hampton Coliseum - Live In 1981 [DVD] [2014]

Now where is the US Amazon pre-order link ?

amazon.uk also has a 15 pound version. dont know whats the difference with the 19 pound one, except for the price
jeroen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-08-17 08:58 by corriecas.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: August 17, 2014 13:23

The £15 version is a single disc version. The 3 disc is 1x DVD + 2x CD? Would be sweet to have Hampton on CD.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-08-17 22:51 by Father Ted.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: August 17, 2014 15:14

corriecas
MingSubu
I'll be picking this up, but I wish they were showing it in theaters.

There is still time, maybe they will do so

Jeroen

Fingers crossed, it would be the icing on the cake.

Posted by: marko ()
Date: August 17, 2014 16:24

This is the one,i will buy.

Posted by: onestep ()
Date: August 17, 2014 17:06

I drive by the place a couple of times a year.......was lucky enough to be at the 3 DC shows right before they performed there. Right at the end of the tour. Really cool with the turning stage....not my favorite tour actually.
They really improved by 1999. I am hoping for that 99 San Jose show...it was just an awesome piece of work.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: August 18, 2014 16:31

Any US sites with a pre-order?

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: August 18, 2014 17:16

""SD Blu-ray" means this will *not* be in HD video, but standard def like the recent Blu-ray release of the 1992 Freddy Mercury Tribute concert. No doubt because the show was shot on video tape, not film. Hopefully the audio will at least be lossless"
[forums.stevehoffman.tv]

Arggghhh...

Date: August 18, 2014 17:18

dcba
""SD Blu-ray" means this will *not* be in HD video, but standard def like the recent Blu-ray release of the 1992 Freddy Mercury Tribute concert. No doubt because the show was shot on video tape, not film. Hopefully the audio will at least be lossless"
[forums.stevehoffman.tv]

Arggghhh...

That wouldn't be technically possible anyway. The audio was remixed for the download release. They'll probably use the Clearmountain-mix.

Date: August 18, 2014 17:22

Yes...

"Bob Clearmountain has his studio's SSL mixing console set up to print any mix he does to 5.1 surround as well as stereo simultaneously, with the simple addition of some output routing for surround panning placement. So this "new remix" is probably the exact same thing as Hampton '81 from the Stones Archive download expanded to 6 discrete channels"
[forums.stevehoffman.tv]

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: August 18, 2014 19:55

LA 75 dvd please !

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: August 18, 2014 20:38

I thought San Jose '99 was the one they where they were tired and didn't put on their best show. Wasn't there myself, but that's what Ive read.

Date: August 18, 2014 20:40

If Hampton gets the same kind of mix that Leeds 82 did, I would be interested in hearing that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-08-18 22:21 by ryanpow.

Date: August 18, 2014 21:52

ryanpow
If Hampton gets the same kind of mix that Leeds 82 did, that would I would be interested in hearing that.

We know how the mix is, as Hampton was released prior to Leeds. The mixes are pretty similar, except for some mic problems on Keith's guitar on the Leeds release. On Hampton there is sound problems during the intro of UMT.

Both sound like modernised versions of the show in great quality, imo.

Date: August 18, 2014 22:02

ryanpow
I thought San Jose '99 was the one they where they were tired and didn't put on their best show. Wasn't there myself, but that's what Ive read.

Yeah VGP released the audio of show and imo it's nothing special in terms of perf qualiy. If they have to put otu sth from 99 I'd MUCH see a dvd of Sherpherd's Bush.

Date: August 18, 2014 22:09

DandelionPowderman
ryanpow
If Hampton gets the same kind of mix that Leeds 82 did, that would I would be interested in hearing that.

We know how the mix is, as Hampton was released prior to Leeds. The mixes are pretty similar, except for some mic problems on Keith's guitar on the Leeds release. On Hampton there is sound problems during the intro of UMT.

confused smiley Uhh... Oh yeah.

There's something about the Mix at Leeds that I like better. Maybe its because it was an outdoor show.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-08-18 22:10 by ryanpow.

Date: August 18, 2014 23:10

ryanpow
DandelionPowderman
ryanpow

There's something about the Mix at Leeds that I like better. Maybe its because it was an outdoor show.

Same here, like if there is bit more air in the mix. I think Keith had switched amp by then as well.

Posted by: artinis1 ()
Date: August 18, 2014 23:26

Is this Europe only?

Date: August 19, 2014 09:34

so............do we really need Hampton on DVD then..............

Jeroen

Date: August 19, 2014 09:40

corriecas

Jeroen

The answer is no, as the one I already have is excellent. Same with the Swinging Pig audio bootleg set. I purchased the official download, but I'm not sure if I'll do that with the DVD, unless there is some cool extras in there.

They should not sell us the shows we already got through the archive releases (except for LA Friday, if they have pro-shot of that), imo.

Date: August 19, 2014 10:06

DandelionPowderman
corriecas

Jeroen

The answer is no, as the one I already have is excellent. Same with the Swinging Pig audio bootleg set. I purchased the official download, but I'm not sure if I'll do that with the DVD, unless there is some cool extras in there.

They should not sell us the shows we already got through the archive releases (except for LA Friday, if they have pro-shot of that), imo.

I Agree, Dandelion !!!hot smileysmileys with beer
jeroen

Date: August 19, 2014 10:22

smileys with beer

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: August 19, 2014 11:45

corriecas

Jeroen

I would say yes.

Not all of us have access to good copies and mine keep freezing occaisonly so spoiling the over all effect of the concert.

Date: August 19, 2014 11:51

odean73
corriecas

Jeroen

I would say yes.

Not all of us have access to good copies and mine keep freezing occaisonly so spoiling the over all effect of the concert.

well Odean, you are right to buy it then. Enjoy it !!
Jeroen

Date: August 19, 2014 11:55

Enjoy it indeed, but these bootlegs are probably some of the easiest to get hold of out there.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: August 19, 2014 12:11

DandelionPowderman
corriecas

Jeroen

Hmm.. Quite a normative statement. I wouldn't be too upset if they would release BRUSSELS AFFAIR as DVD...

- Doxa

Date: August 19, 2014 12:14

Doxa
DandelionPowderman
corriecas

Jeroen

Hmm.. Quite a normative statement. I wouldn't be too upset if they would release BRUSSELS AFFAIR as DVD...

- Doxa

But they didn't film that show smiling smiley

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: August 19, 2014 13:38

DandelionPowderman
ryanpow
DandelionPowderman
ryanpow

Same here, like if there is bit more air in the mix. I think Keith had switched amp by then as well.
Keith switched to which amp? he was using the mesa boogie at this time ?

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: August 19, 2014 13:40

DandelionPowderman
Doxa
DandelionPowderman
corriecas

Jeroen

- Doxa

Most likely, but you didn't specify that...tongue sticking out smiley

But seriously, like HAMPTON indicates, they probably release the footage that is visually/technically best possible, no matter how rare/widely circulated it is, or how much it laps with other releases. At least as far as historically valuable stuff goes. There most likely is not much option. Even the quality of the performance does not really matter. So the other LA FRIDAY show might be released, LEEDS '82, who knows MARQUEE '71, PARIS '76... With 'modern' shows, there of course is more option (and we will get a few of them, for sure).

- Doxa

Posted by: AllAboutYours ()
Date: August 19, 2014 13:42

DandelionPowderman
ryanpow

Do you mean Keith's guitar in UMT intro? He starts it with neck pickup and then witches to both pickups. That's why sound changes.

Date: August 19, 2014 13:44

Doxa
DandelionPowderman
Doxa
DandelionPowderman
corriecas

Jeroen

- Doxa

Most likely, but you didn't specify that...tongue sticking out smiley

But seriously, like HAMPTON indicates, they probably release the footage that is visually/technically best possible, no matter how rare/widely circulated it is, or how much it laps with other releases. At least as far as historically valuable stuff goes. There most likely is not much option. Even the quality of the performance does not really matter. So the other LA FRIDAY show might be released, LEEDS '82, who knows MARQUEE '71, PARIS '76... With 'modern' shows, there of course is more option (and we will get a few of them, for sure).

- Doxa

I really didn't have to, did I? smiling smiley

Leeds will be awesome, though. They'll probably release Tokyo 90 and The Phoenix 2005. I'm hoping for the "real" LA Friday, but I don't have high hopes for that one. Maybe they will surprise us with something else as well. There were rumours about a 1999 show. That would be cool thumbs up

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1517
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home