Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6
Stones @ Verizon Center, Washington DC June 24
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 7, 2013 15:02

Just announced! @RollingStones add final show to 50 & Counting tour 6/24 @verizoncenterpr Tiks on sale 5/13 at 10am

[twitter.com]

Re: Stones @ Verizon Center, Washington DC June 24
Posted by: tatters ()
Date: May 7, 2013 15:09

Are they still gonna charge $600 or are they gonna cut to the chase and offer the last-minute reductions right from the git go?

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: May 7, 2013 15:26

Final show ?
As in final show ......?
confused smiley

Date: May 7, 2013 15:34

Wow, this is the location/show I wanted originally....Major pain in the ass now due to work schedule and taking time off for Philly shows. Wish the Stones would have annouced this with the original tour dates. Time to rethink things and how I can pull this show off....Great news though regardless!!

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: May 7, 2013 16:02

will be very interesting to see what they do as far as pricing and scaling for this one.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: May 7, 2013 16:03

Oh My God...my hometown! Yeah, whoa, yippeeeee!!!!

Damn, now how am I going pay for one more concert?

Oh well, who cares, that's what credit cards are for! Three Stones concerts for me!!! hot smiley

Posted by: Roscoe ()
Date: May 7, 2013 16:03

Just my luck. I get a show in my home city and I'm stuck on a frickin' airplane when tix go on sale.

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: May 7, 2013 16:08

Show #18 - was wondering where it was going to end up on the schedule.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: May 7, 2013 16:10

Deathgod
Final show ?
As in final show ......?
confused smiley

They've got 3 shows in England after that.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: May 7, 2013 16:29

Kind of annoyed. I liked the thought of my Philly 2 show being the final US show, but I guess thats just out of selfishness. I'm happy for the people in that area though. IMO, thats better than another NY show. I'm from the NY area, but we got our shows here.

Date: May 7, 2013 16:30

More details on the Verizon Center site, including a caveat - * Date subject to change pending NHL playoff schedule.

[verizoncenter.com]

Posted by: rambler44 ()
Date: May 7, 2013 16:51

Why no NYC show??? Perhaps int he fall but who knows if fall tour will happen. Can't believe they will not be playing MSG sad smiley

Date: May 7, 2013 16:57

rambler44
Why no NYC show??? Perhaps int he fall but who knows if fall tour will happen. Can't believe they will not be playing MSG sad smiley
They just played Brooklyn and NJ. The only difference between those dates and these is that there are no $85 tickets. I'm from that area, so yeah MSG would be easier this time around, but you and I both had the chance to go back in December to a New York area show. I agree its weird, but they've played this market already, and we got 3 shows. Makes absolute sense they are going to other places and aren't coming back. UK is only getting more shows because they are festivals.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 7, 2013 17:05

Deathgod
Final show ? confused smiley

Facebook says: "The Rolling Stones - Announcing the FINAL show of the North American Tour – Washington D.C., it’s all yours! The Rolling Stones will play Verizon Center in D.C. on June 24*. Tickets go on sale Monday, May 13 at 10am ET. Could this be the last time?"

Posted by: IsakSun ()
Date: May 7, 2013 17:05

Europe tour after Hyde Park shows?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 7, 2013 17:15

IsakSun

Europe tour after Hyde Park shows?

Seems to be not: [www.iorr.org] and [www.iorr.org] .

Posted by: 48yearsaRSfan ()
Date: May 7, 2013 17:22

YES! I got screwed by the Philly Comcast (lost my ticket) ticket debacle and live in DC so THANK GOD or something!!!

Posted by: rambler44 ()
Date: May 7, 2013 18:34

RollingFreak
rambler44
They just played Brooklyn and NJ. The only difference between those dates and these is that there are no $85 tickets. I'm from that area, so yeah MSG would be easier this time around, but you and I both had the chance to go back in December to a New York area show. I agree its weird, but they've played this market already, and we got 3 shows. Makes absolute sense they are going to other places and aren't coming back. UK is only getting more shows because they are festivals.
I did see them in Newark. I just was surprised there was no MSG shows given it is has been site of so many great shows for them

Date: May 7, 2013 18:37

rambler44
RollingFreak
rambler44
I did see them in Newark. I just was surprised there was no MSG shows given it is has been site of so many great shows for them
Agreed. I can only guess since they were here in December, that is why, because aside from that I agree there's really no other logical reason they are skipping the legendary venue that they have played every chance they get.

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: May 7, 2013 18:39

I would really like to go to this show since it could be the very last USA show ever. What do you think the chances are that they will add another show in the US before leaving for Hyde Park and Glastobury???

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 7, 2013 18:42

So that's the 18th show then!

Date: May 7, 2013 18:42

donvis
I would really like to go to this show since it could be the very last USA show ever. What do you think the chances are that they will add another show in the US before leaving for Hyde Park and Glastobury???
I'd say unlikely. 1, they seem to say DC is the final US show, and from the beginning they said it would only be 18 North American dates. 2, there isn't much time between June 24 and June 29 (Glastonbury) to do another show. They typically give themselves 3 days in between shows, and since they are going over to Europe between these two, 5 days to get themselves settled makes sense.

I agree though, I was getting happy that Philly 2 was looking like the possible last Stones US show ever.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: May 7, 2013 18:51

i hope they add a few more shows..

Charlotte, Raleigh, or Atlanta would be very nice..

Posted by: Lostbrook ()
Date: May 7, 2013 19:16

I held off on Philly for this. My wallet already hurts since I'll have to take my 3 kids.

Date: May 7, 2013 21:00

Onsale to General Public
Start: Mon, 05/13/13 10:00 AM EDT

Citi® Cardmember Presale
Start: Fri, 05/10/13 10:00 AM EDT
End: Sun, 05/12/13 10:00 PM EDT

VIP Package Presale
Start: Fri, 05/10/13 10:00 AM EDT
End: Sun, 05/12/13 10:00 PM EDT

VIP Packages
Start: Mon, 05/13/13 10:00 AM EDT
End: Tue, 06/04/13 10:00 PM EDT

Standard $150 - $600 price range. $85 tickets will part of the general on sale.

[www.ticketmaster.com]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 7, 2013 21:15

They should have an auction for all seats with bids beginning at $1.00.
That would be the only legitimate way to see how much people are willing to pay.
Sure the Pit might reach the $1,000 mark for several tickets, but I bet all nosebleeds wouldn't go past $50 at most.

Date: May 7, 2013 22:35

Unlike Facebook, no reference to "the last time".

THE ROLLING STONES ADD THE FINAL SHOW OF NORTH AMERICAN TOUR JUNE 24* – WASHINGTON D.C. VERIZON CENTER Tickets On Sale Monday May 13 10am

Rhe Rolling Stones, who kicked off their 50 & Counting tour to a sold out crowd at STAPLES Center on Friday May 3, have added another show date to their summer tour. The band will perform at Verizon Center in Washington, D.C. for one night only on Monday, June 24*, 2013.

50 & Counting continues the exhilarating celebration of the band’s first 50 years—five decades of Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts and Ronnie Wood bringing their iconic music and groundbreaking stage shows to audiences around the globe.

Tickets for the Washington DC show go on sale Monday May 13 at 10AM EST and will be available at www.rollingstones.com/tickets. Citi cardmembers will have access to presale tickets beginning Friday May 10 at 10AM EST through Citi’s Private Pass Program. For complete presale details visit www.citiprivatepass.com.

As a part of the general on sale, there are a variety of ticket prices including over 1,000 tickets per show at $85 (including service charges). Some will be among the best seats in the house in the Tongue Pit, with others spread around the arena. These tickets will be sold as a pair. You will find out your seat location when you pick them up the night of the show.

* Date subject to change pending NHL playoff schedule.

[www.rollingstones.com]

Posted by: phd ()
Date: May 7, 2013 23:27

They do not speak of it as the final show. Could The Stones end up their north-american career elesewhere than the MSG ? But do to poor sales it could be.

Posted by: Powerage5 ()
Date: May 8, 2013 00:00

I may go to this show, I need to weigh my options.

I live close to Toronto, about 2 and a half hours away. DC is over 8 hours away. Boston and Philly are closer, but all 4 of those dates are a bust for me.

Should I go for $85 tickets for DC, and potentially drive that far for god-awful seats, or should I hold out my luck that Toronto gets a price drop to the $168 tickets at the last minute? I can really only afford to do one show, unless they end up doing another bath of $85's for both Toronto shows.

I'm taking a gamble no matter what I do I guess. What do you guys think would be my best choice?

Posted by: nick ()
Date: May 8, 2013 05:15

RollingFreak
Kind of annoyed. I liked the thought of my Philly 2 show being the final US show, but I guess thats just out of selfishness. I'm happy for the people in that area though. IMO, thats better than another NY show. I'm from the NY area, but we got our shows here.

That was the show I wanted to go to but not now.

The LA show felt so much more like the start of a real Rolling Stones tour than the NY/NJ/UK shows did. MSG is simply a later date this real tour.

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2020
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home