Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Rolling Stones VS Stones Fans
Posted by: Loudei ()
Date: May 7, 2013 14:55

Who will win this battle? The Stones didn't think their fans would revolt and make them look like a group of tyrants or corrupt third world leaders when they plotted this tour. Bill Wyman did.

For a band who's average net worth among them is close to 200 plus million dollars and the title of the world greatest rock and roll band secured, it seemed the right move was to celebrate their careers and give the Stones Fans something BACK Mick Taylor, Bill Wyman, etc, rare but loved songs and yes affordable tickets.... but that wasn't the plan. The plan was to continue to play the same expected and predictable 10 or so warhorses per show, to sell the primo tickets to the wealthy by luring them with a bunch of special guests and setting a trap the hard core fans by making them believe Taylor would play the whole show and add some musicality and artistic integrity to their set. Not. Jagger's ass is so tight he would never risk having Taylor play a whole show. Just like he would never play songs like Memo For Turner, Child Of The Moon, Silver Train, Times Wait For No One, Let it Loose, Through the lonely nights, I just want to see his face, Winter,.. just to name a few. Yes Mick we all do know these songs by heart.

This tour shouldn't be about the money, it should be about the music. I for one I am staying home and buying myself a nice pool for the summer.

Re: Rolling Stones VS Stones Fans
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 7, 2013 15:21

Loudei

Just like he would never play songs like Memo For Turner, Child Of The Moon, Silver Train, Times Wait For No One, Let it Loose, Through the lonely nights, I just want to see his face, Winter,.. just to name a few.

Does he want to play these tracks? It's like telling your old lady she should wear this dress she had back in 1967 cos you think she looks great in it.

Child Of The Moon, Times Wait For No One, Through the lonely nights? Yuck!

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: May 7, 2013 15:25

Loudei

This tour shouldn't be about the money, it should be about the music. I for one I am staying home and buying myself a nice pool for the summer.

Hmm, tough call. Should you spend $85 on a ticket or $90 on this swimming pool instead? confused smiley

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: May 7, 2013 15:30

If you've got young kids and they'd enjoy the pool then I say "Go for it "

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: May 7, 2013 15:41

Stones vs fans?
Stones of course! :E

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: May 7, 2013 16:01

As a very very mild Grateful Dead fan, when I was in high school I went to a Dead concert with some N. Calif brothers who were Dead freaks—the Dead are a fricking religion in N. Cal—and the Dead played a song I didn't know. And these two brothers whooped and high-fived each other and one of them turned to me and said, "They haven't played this song since 1972!" And I just thought, "You sad, sorry sons of bitches." I was just annoyed at the end that the Dead hadn't played Casey Jones.

Date: May 7, 2013 16:39

go ahead pay the $85 and sit next to air condition unit.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 7, 2013 16:47

dcba
Loudei

Just like he would never play songs like Memo For Turner, Child Of The Moon, Silver Train, Times Wait For No One, Let it Loose, Through the lonely nights, I just want to see his face, Winter,.. just to name a few.

Does he want to play these tracks? It's like telling your old lady she should wear this dress she had back in 1967 cos you think she looks great in it.

Child Of The Moon, Times Wait For No One, Through the lonely nights? Yuck!

Seriously? You don't like those tunes? huh.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 7, 2013 16:48

boston2006
If you've got young kids and they'd enjoy the pool then I say "Go for it "

...and if they also like the stones, get a ghetto blaster to put beside the pool playing Emotional Rescue. Great summer album!

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: May 7, 2013 18:33

Date: May 7, 2013 18:46

lol

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: May 7, 2013 18:53

I went on Sunday night and determined everyone in the building during the show was a winner.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: May 7, 2013 18:53

realistic:

Start Me Up
IORR
Respectable
Doom And Gloom
One More Shot
Emotional Rescue
-ladies and gentleman welcome back Mick Taylor
Gimme Shelter
Moonlight Mile
Sway
Can't You Hear Me Knocking
Love In Vain
All Down The Line
Honky Tonk Women
Before They Make Me Run
Happy
Tumbling Dice
Sympathy For The Devil
Midnight Rambler
Brown Sugar
Street Fighting Man (really jam out the ending)
-------
YCAGWYW
JJF
Satisfaction

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1697
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home