Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

$85 Tix Strategy & Review of Oakland show
Posted by: cliffdiver ()
Date: May 6, 2013 23:05

I am a huge Stones fan been to 15 or so shows over the years.Thought I would throw my 2 cents in here. Got the 1st $85's when they went up but the line in Oak was all 85's together which I think is unfair. The people who originally got in on the 85's should have had better seat priority than the people who got them the day of the show. Got there and it was a long ass line for the 85's, hour wait in line, not pleased. They Made it so once you got your tix u had to go in. Got seats in the fuking rafters, the people all around me got similar seats, seemed they were in succession. The succession being "you only paid 85 so fuk you". I think the later you get there the better, they had rows in the lowers with consecutive seats empty til just before 9.. Then they filled Lady way in front of us in line got pit. I think you have a better shot at pit with a single ticket rather than 2. Normally I wouldn't bitch but the sound was shitty in the 2nd deck in Oakland. Major bass which cut out the vocals and the sound just sort of congealed into incoherent loudness. Couldn't see the screens with grappling in the way. "Live with me" was a mess. "paint it black" just does not translate on stage, very boring rendition."Gimmie Shelter" was very good, clear not much bass and Lisa Fisher killed it. "Little Red Rooster" was fuckign great. Midnight rambler and YCAGWYW was great as well. Almost got in fight, guy and his bitch were the only ones standing during beginning of YCAGWYW asked him to sit, he wouldnt told him to sit the fuk down 6 times, he finally did. Just asking for a little courtesy. at 175 each those seats are NOT worth it, 85? yeah. The hot chick to the right front of me shaking her ass in thong constantly was worth about 15 bucks of the admission. Not having Gwen Stefani butcher Wild Horses was also a plus. $35 for parking? Fuk you. Cheers.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-06 23:12 by cliffdiver.

Re: $85 Tix Strategy & Review of Oakland show
Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: May 6, 2013 23:12

If you'd ask me to sit down during a Stones encore I would have told you to go f*ck yourself. It's a rock concert, you don't like that i'm standing? Too bad.

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: May 6, 2013 23:13

mnewman505
If you'd ask me to sit down during a Stones encore I would have told you to go f*ck yourself. It's a rock concert, you don't like that i'm standing? Too bad.

Newman!

Posted by: cliffdiver ()
Date: May 6, 2013 23:16

not one person in the whole section was standing. It was the beginning to YCAGWYW. So fuk u too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-06 23:17 by cliffdiver.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: May 7, 2013 03:58

I wouldn't want to sit down during a Stones show either stand up and have fun!

Posted by: tiffjagger ()
Date: May 7, 2013 04:07

I've never sat for 1 second during the many Stones shows I've been to.
$85s are a roll of the dice.

Posted by: clance65 ()
Date: May 7, 2013 05:52

I don't really follow your post.

You say that you were in the rafters, that you would make out better arriving late, yet a lady way in front of you received pit tickets?

Also you say that you have a better chance of pit with a single ticket, yet that's not possible with $85 tickets, as they're sold in pairs.

Posted by: ttutone ()
Date: May 7, 2013 05:56

mnewman505

Amen to that! It is a Stones show. Stand up and rock.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-07 15:57 by ttutone.

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: May 7, 2013 06:51

My observation with the $85.00 lottery was that it was truly random. People in from if us and behind us where whooping with joy when then they saw they drawn a lucky straw. We ended up in arguably the worst seats in the house, section 220 to the side and slightly behind the stage. Our view was obstructed by the jumbo screens which we could not even see due to the angle of view. After 3 songs I thought I;m having this so I had a word with AEG guest services and we were given an upgrade to section 110, row 6 which had a great view of the stage and cool sound so in a way the system worked for us.

I got most of what I wanted; the core band without the ensemble of backing musicians, Keith and Ronnie up front in the mix, warts and all, and seeing Mick Taylor play with his old band again. Sure there were some sloppy moments. Keith even acknowledged the "glitch" during "Before They Make Me Run" where he came into the chorus too soon. I just wish they had utilized Mick T. "Midnight Rambler" is not a song to showcase his talent. "Love in Vain", "Sway", "Can't You Hear Me Knockin'" and a few others would have been better choices. All in all though it was a good show and a great way for me to end my Stones concert going experience. I don't think I will see them again for me a relative high note is a good way to go out....

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 7, 2013 07:01

ChrisM
My observation with the $85.00 lottery was that it was truly random. People in from if us and behind us where whooping with joy when then they saw they drawn a lucky straw. We ended up in arguably the worst seats in the house, section 220 to the side and slightly behind the stage. Our view was obstructed by the jumbo screens which we could not even see due to the angle of view. After 3 songs I thought I;m having this so I had a word with AEG guest services and we were given an upgrade to section 110, row 6 which had a great view of the stage and cool sound so in a way the system worked for us....

Great story Chris and hopefully helpful to someone in the future (maybe me). I am happy to hear that it worked out for you and I am happy to know that guest services might have been braced for complaints and ready to take care of people. Good job!

If your seats suck, ya gotta move, one way or another.

Posted by: CarlG ()
Date: May 7, 2013 07:40

The tickets were in succession. Picked up two sets of 85$ tickets at 7:10 and we were handed 2 envelopes that contained 2 sets of tickets directly next to each other. 219 row 17 seats 3-4-5-6. Not very random. Never went to the seats - sat in open seats in 109. Got in for $85 which was the goal. Show was good, was surprised at how good the sound was - nothing ever sounds good in The Oracle. Little Red Rooster killed, loved all down the line and Live with me swap in over LA. I suspect that San Joae will be my last show.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 7, 2013 07:46

CarlG
The tickets were in succession. Picked up two sets of 85$ tickets at 7:10 and we were handed 2 envelopes that contained 2 sets of tickets directly next to each other. 219 row 17 seats 3-4-5-6. Not very random. Never went to the seats - sat in open seats in 109. Got in for $85 which was the goal. Show was good, was surprised at how good the sound was - nothing ever sounds good in The Oracle. Little Red Rooster killed, loved all down the line and Live with me swap in over LA. I suspect that San Joae will be my last show.
thumbs upsmileys with beer

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: May 7, 2013 08:15

cliffdiver
not one person in the whole section was standing. It was the beginning to YCAGWYW. So fuk u too.

I was standing the whole show as I will be again in San Jose on Wednesday and if you didn't like it then tough sh*T!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-07 08:18 by No Expectations.

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: May 7, 2013 08:22

cliffdiver

Maybe they were all as lame as you! Get up and ROCK!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 7, 2013 14:48

Cliffdiver : 5 "fuk"'s in 2 posts! >grinning smiley< smileys with beer

Date: May 7, 2013 15:35

HEY DUMPSTEr-DIVER!!!

YOU TOOK A CHANCE (Excuse my French, I hate a whiner) YOU DUMBASS!!! Frankly, from the way you write, it sounds more like you took a chance with money from your welfare or unemployment check which is in essence saying you took a chance with OUR money, the people here who work for a living.

You could have used iniative, like CarlG did, taken a risk. 85 is TOTALLY A CRAP SHOOT dummy!!

Jees!!!

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: May 7, 2013 15:49

Sitting down at a Stones show?
Fvck that shlt.

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: May 7, 2013 16:09

I too sit when i'm at home listening to the Stones but when
i go and see them live i stand a have a great time..

Then i sit and drive home!! haha...Rock on and have fun!

This could be the LAST TIME!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 7, 2013 17:09

GRNRBITW
mnewman505

Newman!

Look buddy, now you're taking my material.

Me no likey.

Posted by: scotmw65 ()
Date: May 7, 2013 17:35

I thought the show was great and I can see being disapponited at not getting better seats,but it was a win win.I would have gotten one ticket for $150 without the $85 tickets becoming available.It was random luck of the drawer as I was in the middle of the line and got pulled aside to be upgraded to pit.The lady in front of me was pissed to,but again it was alottery.I got lucky,either way it's the Stones.Won two tickets on the Sacramento radio station yesterday for San Jose and I am in the rafters.I am cool with it because again it's the Stones.Oakland was one of the most energetic I have ever seen the band and I have seen them 25 times.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: May 7, 2013 17:37

So, if you were unlucky enough to get a nose bleed seat, was there no chance to move down, to a lower level? I can't believe all of the lousy seats were sold/assigned.

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2229
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home