Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 16
Re: Oakland May 5 Stones show live updates
Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: May 6, 2013 10:32

Max'sKansasCity
Cristiano Radtke

WOW!! Was tonight record breaking speeds in getting FULL videos posted to Youtube? I am not sure how, but I guess people are using phones to record the video files and also using the phones to upload the files while still at the arena. That is damn near streaming live. WOW!! That is a GREAT USE of technology. Thanks to whomever is doing that. PROPS!!

PS
I wonder, can people upload/transfer a just shot video to youtube and be recording live video at the same time, so they can capture every song, and be uploading as the concert rolls? Surely they are not uploading live video, are they? Anyone know?

Yes, the uploading speed is the impressive part. The unimpressive part is that despite the advanced technology, these clips somehow manage to sound even more tin-canned and shrill than even the cheapest brand of transistor radio from the 60s--and at least those old transistors were piping out good ol' analog sound.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 6, 2013 10:35

Setlist ***FINAL***

The Rolling Stones
Oracle Arena
Oakland, CA, USA

2013 May 5

1. Get Off Of My Cloud

2. It's Only Rock'n'Roll

3. Live With Me

4. Paint It Black

5. Gimme Shelter (Lisa Fischer)

6. Little Red Rooster (with Tom Waits)

7. Dead Flowers

8. Emotional Rescue

9. All Down The Line

10. Doom and Gloom

11. One More Shot

12. Honky Tonk Women

- Band Introduction -

13. Before They Make Me Run (Keith)

14. Happy (Keith)

15. Midnight Rambler (with Mick Taylor)

16. Miss You

17. Start Me Up

18. Tumbling Dice

19. Brown Sugar

20. Sympathy For The Devil

- Band Off Stage -

21. You Can't Always Get What You Want (with San Jose State University Choraliers as well as Matt Clifford on French Horn)

22. Jumpin' Jack Flash

23. (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-07 23:20 by Irix.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: May 6, 2013 10:35

Both Ronnie and Keith sounded fabulous tonight.

Posted by: lazzzybones ()
Date: May 6, 2013 10:36

drjay
Ronnie Wood is playing very well.Actually holding it all together .Not much left in Keith's tank judging from tonight
Are you judging by the videos or were you there?

Posted by: DECCA61 ()
Date: May 6, 2013 10:58

amazing concert .. 10 years ago i thought .. it's over with keith and the boys .. according to the performances from those LICKS and BB concerts.

BUT ... the are re-born at 70 singing and playing BETTER than 10 years ago hahaha i love them STONES4EVER

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: May 6, 2013 11:08

Great versions of All Down The Line and Before They Make Me Run (according to the videos). Band's in good shape!

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: May 6, 2013 11:14

Really loving these videos that are already up. Yes, they are in very good shape indeed. Mick seems to have more energy than in 2007. I think that's what happens when everyone else is so on it.

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: May 6, 2013 11:25

Incredible show. My first time seeing them since 89 and they were better tonight.
Keith killed his set.
Mick was amazing throughout.
Ron wood solo'd as well as I have ever seen him.

The show started off pretty good, but I think the band sensed the energy dipping at the end of dead flowers. They put a lot of energy into emotional rescue and then in my opinion just did an incredible version of all down the line, really impressive. From there on out it was a great show.

Honestly mick Taylor was a disappointment. I think he was wasted actually. Don't know if the MR video has been posted but he wasn't that impressive and spent part of the song dancing (poorly) rather than playing guitar. He also almost screwed up a part and mick had to correct him. Perhaps he is not playing more because they are concerned with his sobriety. He did take a bow at the end which was nice.

Ill post more tomorrow but I was really impressed. They killed satisfaction and jjf - I felt these were fresher and more fun than I have heard in decades.

Highlights for me were probably keith doing backing vocals, Keith's set, and emotional rescue/all down the line.

Posted by: carlitosbaez ()
Date: May 6, 2013 11:29

Posted by: william060190 ()
Date: May 6, 2013 11:32

Well so good news, somebody talking about Keith Richards, Ronnie Wood, guitars, music and energy. At least....Good to read that. Thank you Sonomastone

Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: May 6, 2013 11:38

OneHit
Doom and Gloom should open the show, it's just that kind of song. I love it.

Not likely. I don't think they ever opened with a song that has Jagger on guitar.

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: May 6, 2013 11:43

I was wasn't a big fan of theMidnight Rambler versions of the December concerts but this one and the LA one sound great with Taylor!

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: May 6, 2013 11:45

sonomastone
mick Taylor (...) wasn't that impressive and spent part of the song dancing (poorly) rather than playing guitar. He also almost screwed up a part

Hahaha, maybe he misinterpreted his role. Maybe he thought he was supposed to fit in with contemporary Stones rather than relive the seventies, which he was actually hired to do. winking smiley

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: May 6, 2013 11:49

Had a great evening in the pit tonight. Met another IORR'r from Switzerland, and a number of other nice folks. The pit package appears to have sold very well in Oakland, as most of the people lining up had paid the full package price.

One nice moment - at the very end, Mick Taylor was about to walk off the stage, and Keith insisted that he take a bow with the Stones - that was cool.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 6, 2013 12:07

I was working on it every time Mick came by, and during Start Me Up he took my sign and tagged me with a strong handshake. And lots of tagging and hugs from friends and fans around me after that. Great show. Thanks Mick!

Bjornulf

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: May 6, 2013 12:09

bv
I was working on it every time Mick came by, and during Start Me Up he took my sign and tagged me with a strong handshake. And lots of tagging and hugs from friends and fans around me after that. Great show. Thanks Mick!

Funny, I saw that and wondered if it was you! I thought hmm, Mick just shook hands with a Scandanavian looking man, wonder if that is BV...

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 6, 2013 12:15

Irix

21. You Can't Always Get What You Want (with San Jose State University Choraliers as well as Matt Clifford on French Horn)

What ?! Matt Clifford back on stage for the first time since 1990 or did we miss him on the previous 50th dates ?

Date: May 6, 2013 12:16

Mick Taylor was waving the four Stones forward, while Keith and the rest of the band said Mick you are part of us, come up and take the final bow with us. The result can be as seen in the new picture on the home page of IORR.com now...

Bjornulf

Date: May 6, 2013 12:23

Thanks for the details, now they need to get him to play on a couple more songs since he's one of them! Did your sign have anything to do with that? Still working my way through the thread.

Date: May 6, 2013 12:27

gotdablouse
Thanks for the details, now they need to get him to play on a couple more songs since he's one of them! Did your sign have anything to do with that? Still working my way through the thread.

My "sign" to Mick was simply reaching out and telling him I am the most crazy fan in the house and he appreciated that by tagging me solid.

Bjornulf

Date: May 6, 2013 12:32

Ah ok, makes sense ;-)

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: May 6, 2013 12:37

bv
Mick Taylor was waving the four Stones forward, while Keith and the rest of the band said Mick you are part of us, come up and take the final bow with us. The result can be as seen in the new picture on the home page of IORR.com now...

Hi BV, great Pic and nice Story about that ... This should heal some wounds for those who have "sympathy" for MTthumbs up! Great work, BV!

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: May 6, 2013 13:39

BV fantastic picture! Congrats. Very cool.

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: May 6, 2013 13:43

bv
gotdablouse

My "sign" to Mick was simply reaching out and telling him I am the most crazy fan in the house and he appreciated that by tagging me solid.

What a great story! Cool pic too

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: May 6, 2013 13:44

bv

Amazing! smileys with beer
A dream come true...and now we want Mick Taylor also on a new album!

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: May 6, 2013 14:19

Wow! This setlist is very cool. 4 days of work & then fly to Vegas. Going to be a looooooong week.smoking smiley

Posted by: Svartmer ()
Date: May 6, 2013 14:28

proudmary
bv
gotdablouse

What a great story! Cool pic too

Is the band collectively shrinking or is Mick Jagger getting taller?

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: May 6, 2013 14:42

Green Lady
All Down The Line

Good version for sure but why the Fuvk is the crowd not on it's feet and dancing?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-06 14:46 by andrewt.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 6, 2013 15:05

gotdablouse

What ?! Matt Clifford back on stage for the first time since 1990 or did we miss him on the previous 50th dates ?

Twitter said he was on stage.

Date: May 6, 2013 15:09

And they should know since they're tweeting from the arena ! Well that's interesting...can't remember who played French horn at the previous 50th shows, or was there none?

BTW did Mick make any indirect comments last night about ticket prices like he did again in LA the other day? That could be a sign that the news of the "financial fiasco" at play has reached him...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1797
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home