Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7071727374757677787980...LastNext
Current Page: 75 of 105
Re: We want Mick Taylor on more songs please
Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: June 19, 2013 12:05

DandelionPowderman
grinning smiley Don't take it personally, mary.

I must say that when people are saying things like "It's been soooooo long since Mick has done it for those reasons", they should say the whole band, not Mick in particular, imo.

I take stupidity and ignorance as a personal insult moody smiley

Posted by: MarkSchneider ()
Date: June 19, 2013 12:28

We'd better not open a thread like "To which extent is MJ conceited, greedy, a control freak... and still a genius?".
This would be like opening a Pandora's box.grinning smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-19 12:43 by MarkSchneider.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: June 19, 2013 13:31

proudmary
DandelionPowderman
grinning smiley Don't take it personally, mary.

I must say that when people are saying things like "It's been soooooo long since Mick has done it for those reasons", they should say the whole band, not Mick in particular, imo.

I take stupidity and ignorance as a personal insult moody smiley

I suggest the Mickchicks to start another Mick-thread. grinning smiley

Posted by: bonddm ()
Date: June 19, 2013 13:43

How much of an anti climax is it going to be if when they play Hyde Park,they drag Taylor out for Rambler and Satisfaction only?

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 19, 2013 15:36

There are a lot of things we don't know. If that's true about MT having both Sway and CYHMK sprung upon him at the last minute in LA, we don't know whether his reaction was "Yippee - more please!" or "Help - please don't do that to me again!" The fact that he acquitted himself well on both songs is neither here nor there - he hasn't been asked/told to do four songs again, though he has been given another go at either Sway or CYHMK. Take a look at Rambler from last night - it was a long Rambler and right at the end Mick T gives Keith a relieved-looking "Phew - got to the end of it" look... I know you all want there to be some great MJ conspiracy to keep him off the stage, but is it even 1% possible that MT is finding this tour hard work and wants to do only as much as he believes he can do well?

(But I would dearly love to hear him have a go at Love In Vain. Please?)

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: June 19, 2013 15:37

bonddm
How much of an anti climax is it going to be if when they play Hyde Park,they drag Taylor out for Rambler and Satisfaction only?

why would you expect anything different based on how the tour is going?

Date: June 19, 2013 15:48

Green Lady
There are a lot of things we don't know. If that's true about MT having both Sway and CYHMK sprung upon him at the last minute in LA, we don't know whether his reaction was "Yippee - more please!" or "Help - please don't do that to me again!" The fact that he acquitted himself well on both songs is neither here nor there - he hasn't been asked/told to do four songs again, though he has been given another go at either Sway or CYHMK. Take a look at Rambler from last night - it was a long Rambler and right at the end Mick T gives Keith a relieved-looking "Phew - got to the end of it" look... I know you all want there to be some great MJ conspiracy to keep him off the stage, but is it even 1% possible that MT is finding this tour hard work and wants to do only as much as he believes he can do well?

Extremely unlikely. This is a luxury Rolling Stones tour for Taylor, who's accustomed to crappy locations and idem hotels during his own 'cheap' tours. This tour is only one song and one posing song and bow every three days and Taylor would be exhausted by that? I don't believe that at all. Which sensible human being would?

Posted by: paulm ()
Date: June 19, 2013 16:13

I think this was cited earlier, but did you all see Keith on Jimmy Fallon a few months back, where he talked about "3 guitars" on stage? Jimmy got all excited and Keith played into it. The tone was that the band would be doing a SHOW with 3 guitars, as in MT.

Either Keith was just hyping, or during rehearsals, the Board re-evaluated MT.

Others have pointed out that these cameos are a good way to make restitution with MT, as a mission of mercy. Others have pointed out that it feeds the hype that MJ wants. Personally, aside from LA CYHMK, the cameos have been a bummer, accentuated by a useless MT on stage in Satisfaction, as a gesture that has NOTHING to do with him playing in ANY meaningful manner.

Then again, he is not seizing the opportunity to play well when he is on stage, IMO.

I'm sorry, I'm just not down with how this MT thing is playing out.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: June 19, 2013 17:32

How many times can we say how little sense it makes for him to have a token role on Satisfaction, but be completely absent from songs he defined, like All Down The Line? It's just stupid.

Posted by: kpl ()
Date: June 19, 2013 17:33

I was at the show last night. Traveled from the midwest to Philly to see MT play with the Stones.
Thought his performance was brilliant on Midnight Rambler and MT siezed the opportunity and was the dominant muscian on the stage during that piece. They just SOUND better as a band with MT on the stage. His call and respond to Micks harmonica was great. Very exiting to see him perform on stage with the Rolling Stones! Even on Satisfaction (although there seemed to be a delay in him getting on the stage for that piece). I was very pleased with Midnight Rambler-setting all the politics aside. It sounded intense and serious. I think MT brings that to the band.
Overall great show. Worth the long trip. Would have loved to see MT more but I very happy that he is participating in this tour in any way. For me it highlights the extreme difference between his talent and Ron Wood.
Mick Taylor does not get the credit he deserves for his impact on Let it Bleed, Ya Ya's, Sticky Fingers, Exile, Goats Head and Its on Rock N Roll. Longest stretch of quality in the bands history. Its funny that a big chunk of the current setlist MT was featured on the studio album tracks.

Date: June 19, 2013 18:42

kpl
I was at the show last night. Traveled from the midwest to Philly to see MT play with the Stones.
Thought his performance was brilliant on Midnight Rambler and MT siezed the opportunity and was the dominant muscian on the stage during that piece. They just SOUND better as a band with MT on the stage. His call and respond to Micks harmonica was great. Very exiting to see him perform on stage with the Rolling Stones! Even on Satisfaction (although there seemed to be a delay in him getting on the stage for that piece). I was very pleased with Midnight Rambler-setting all the politics aside. It sounded intense and serious. I think MT brings that to the band.
Overall great show. Worth the long trip. Would have loved to see MT more but I very happy that he is participating in this tour in any way. For me it highlights the extreme difference between his talent and Ron Wood.
Mick Taylor does not get the credit he deserves for his impact on Let it Bleed, Ya Ya's, Sticky Fingers, Exile, Goats Head and Its on Rock N Roll. Longest stretch of quality in the bands history. Its funny that a big chunk of the current setlist MT was featured on the studio album tracks.

he didn't have much impact on let it bleed.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: June 19, 2013 18:45

kpl
Very exiting to see him perform on stage with the Rolling Stones!

your spelling mistake was most appropriate here....

Date: June 19, 2013 20:07

That produced an audible chuckle. smiling smiley

Posted by: straycatblues73 ()
Date: June 19, 2013 21:55

sonomastone
kpl

he didn't have much impact on let it bleed.

his majesty II ?

he toured the songs before its release and therefor helped the album sales , but never mind.

wow , considering there was a time with no mick taylor thread on the fist few pages . . .

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: June 19, 2013 22:18

LIB-Country Honk input by MT

Date: June 19, 2013 22:24

He had more impact on Tatoo you than let it bleed

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: June 19, 2013 22:52

kleermaker

Extremely unlikely. This is a luxury Rolling Stones tour for Taylor, who's accustomed to crappy locations and idem hotels during his own 'cheap' tours. This tour is only one song and one posing song and bow every three days and Taylor would be exhausted by that? I don't believe that at all. Which sensible human being would?

Definitely the lux life for MT a whole new way of life....ends in few weeks though. Reports Keith Richards flew home to Connecticut after each concert. Must be via private jet because no Keef sightings at airports. There would have been at least one. Mick Jagger could care less staying in lux hotels, he lives out of a suitcase anyways, flitting between his various world wide residences and beyond them

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: June 19, 2013 22:58

bonddm

Jagger won't dare unless he wants half of England laughing at him. I'm saying Jagger feels more comfortable pulling this shit in America where he only lives as a gypsy. UK is where he lives and will feel too many generational eyes on him if he has MT on for the usual 1.5 tunes.

Date: June 19, 2013 23:18

triceratops
bonddm

Jagger won't dare unless he wants half of England laughing at him. I'm saying Jagger feels more comfortable pulling this shit in America where he only lives as a gypsy. UK is where he lives and will feel too many generational eyes on him if he has MT on for the usual 1.5 tunes.

Strange that anyone would expect anything different from what has been happening on the tour so far.

Date: June 19, 2013 23:37

sonomastone

He's only audible on Tops, though.

Date: June 19, 2013 23:41

DandelionPowderman
sonomastone

He's only audible on Tops, though.

yep.

Date: June 19, 2013 23:42

And on Waiting on a friend, if I'm right.

Date: June 19, 2013 23:44

kleermaker
And on Waiting on a friend, if I'm right.

Not audible, but he is credited.

Date: June 20, 2013 00:59

That's interesting...what's was timeline on WOAF? I think a lot of TTY material came from some archived Jamaican(?) sessions?

Date: June 20, 2013 01:03

Only those two songs. Worried About You and Slave are from the BAB-sessions.

Most of the rest are from 1979. Some were started earlier, though (SMU and Hang Fire). Heaven and Neighbours were the new tracks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-20 01:03 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 20, 2013 01:14

It's actually a joy to have MT on the stage with them, and I'll echo the longer the better.

Interesting to see what the motivation was to include him, but I'll bet MJ had a myriad of reasons, not just one. ie

1. Competition with Ron and Keith...makes them more focussed, better players.
2. Partial restitution of MT for screwing him on back royalties
3. Auditioning him for greater involvement presuming all goes well, and the band continues touring beyond this 'leg', or even involving him in another album.
4. Generate additional interest with the hard cores, attempting to justify higher ticket prices.
5. Just cause they're at the 50 point, and feeling a little wistful...

There could be a number of other reasons we're not even aware of....good he's included and that he appears to be enjoying himself!

Posted by: duffydawg ()
Date: June 20, 2013 01:17

s083874
I think Mick realized after that amazing four song performances of MT at Staples Center that the line had been crossed and realized it might quickly become Mick Taylor and the Rolling Stones. It was after that concert MTs number of performances declined.I was there in LA and am privilaged to have seen MT with the boys for the last time. I saw MT with the Stones at the Forum in 73 when he was in the band. MT is a guest now and I think he would love to play more but excepts what he is given. Say what you will about Ronnie. But I think HE is the one who got MT on this tour. They are good friends. But no one is going to upstage MJ. Thats why Keef, Ronnie, Daryll laugh at the end of a song MT plays on because they know it pisses off Mick.

Uh-duh!! RS play their best with MT. All you have to do is listen....

Date: June 20, 2013 01:19

treaclefingers
It's actually a joy to have MT on the stage with them, and I'll echo the longer the better.

Interesting to see what the motivation was to include him, but I'll bet MJ had a myriad of reasons, not just one. ie

1. Competition with Ron and Keith...makes them more focussed, better players.
2. Partial restitution of MT for screwing him on back royalties
3. Auditioning him for greater involvement presuming all goes well, and the band continues touring beyond this 'leg', or even involving him in another album.
4. Generate additional interest with the hard cores, attempting to justify higher ticket prices.
5. Just cause they're at the 50 point, and feeling a little wistful...

There could be a number of other reasons we're not even aware of....good he's included and that he appears to be enjoying himself!

What about helping out an old friend?...

Date: June 20, 2013 01:19

StonesCat
sonomastone
RollingFreak
kleermaker
Until now LA second show was by far the most exciting one of this tour.
LA second show is a monumental show of this tour and nothing has exceeded or matched that yet. I'm starting to think nothing will.

Also, I don't disagree with the person saying Jagger saw those 4 songs as too much and thats why its pushed back. The problem is, if the Stones didn't make it a big deal that Taylor wasn't playing so much, no one would care. If they used him on more songs, it would become normal and no one would see the tour as Mick Taylor and the Rolling Stones. By limiting him after giving clear indications he'd have a big role on this tour is what is creating that perception. They are digging the hole themselves and its ridiculous that no one on their management team can see that. Don't limit him and you won't create buzz. Its so friggen simple.

Is there really buzz about limiting him beyond about 30 posters on this board?

Check out the other 3 or 4 Stones boards and there's the same MT talk, just not the push back negativity like here.

LOL...Agreed. That is because this Board has a bunch of RS fans with their head up their bum!! MT brings out the best of the Stones....just listen....

Date: June 20, 2013 01:21

StonesCat
RollingFreak
kleermaker
Until now LA second show was by far the most exciting one of this tour.
LA second show is a monumental show of this tour and nothing has exceeded or matched that yet. I'm starting to think nothing will.

Also, I don't disagree with the person saying Jagger saw those 4 songs as too much and thats why its pushed back. The problem is, if the Stones didn't make it a big deal that Taylor wasn't playing so much, no one would care. If they used him on more songs, it would become normal and no one would see the tour as Mick Taylor and the Rolling Stones. By limiting him after giving clear indications he'd have a big role on this tour is what is creating that perception. They are digging the hole themselves and its ridiculous that no one on their management team can see that. Don't limit him and you won't create buzz. Its so friggen simple.

I don't disagree with you, but if you accept the online vote as legit, Chicago 2 could have had the same set. I was there and praying hard for Sway(got Shine A Light, which considering MT's prominence in the beginnings of that song is almost as big a travesty that he didn't play it), and relieved when we still got Knocking.

A while back someone pointed out a facebook pic from Bernard F's page, which showed a setlist on the soundboard from a dress rehearsal(I think April 30th it was dated). The middle of the set had Sway-Love In Vain-M Rambler in order. And that would be after the club show. What happened after that to the first show and beyond?

Was at the Chicago Knocking....not the Staples one...but the crowd went nuts.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7071727374757677787980...LastNext
Current Page: 75 of 105

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1435
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home