Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 105
Re: We want Mick Taylor on more than one song please
Posted by: duffydawg ()
Date: May 7, 2013 00:35

I really don't care about the gestures to MT. I really just want to hear MT as part of the Band. Its clear this will just be a side-show. How pathetic to him and how unfortunate for the Stones Fans.

Posted by: doppler ()
Date: May 7, 2013 00:54

Dear Mick Jagger:

The only reason I bought tickets to the Toronto shows at $3000.00 for 2 pairs for each concert was in the hopes of seeing Mick Taylor play with The Stones once more. There is no other reason I'd ever pay that sort of $$$. I did it because keith made it clear that ther were going to be three guitars with Taylor beingf with the band this time.

Not having him on for every song is just plain stupid. Wating his talent for just one song is just plain stupid. Having other guests like Lady gaga or anyone elseinstead of having Mick taylor is just plain nuts. I could care less abhout them.

This could be the most interesting version of the Rolling Stones ever.

If you can have Bernard and Lisa on every song, certainly Mick taylor has had far more impact in about 10% of the time. And I like bernard and Lisa. Really I do.

But Mick Taylor has a gift - a very rare gift.

Brian can't make this tour unfortunately - But Mick can - Got it?

Second chances don't come too often in life. But when they do, grab em and hold on tight.

There isn't a real Rolling Stones fan who would disagree with me. It would be amazing to see 3 guitars in The Rolling Stones weaving like never before.

Danny

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: May 7, 2013 00:56

MT could do some of Keiths solos.

Keith is strugglin to do them.

Posted by: Captainchaos ()
Date: May 7, 2013 01:04

been thinking about this abit

the stones approach maybe to gradually introduce him into the setlist (probly upto a desired song quota) as the tour progress's

might make sense looking at the overall projected tour.
Personally I'd like to hear more Taylor asap but think/hope this maybe the stones preferred approach rather than playing just Midnight Rambler?

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: May 7, 2013 01:09

Having him take the bow was a big step forward. I was really surprised.

I think the guy, like wyman, deserves credit for his awesome contributions.

For those who think that bringing him back will bring back the stones circa 72 or even dramatically change their 2013 sound, I would say - time waits for no one, not even mick Taylor, and he isn't all that he used to be. Just like the rest of us.

It is a bummer that so much discussion by fans centers on the number of mick Taylor songs vs the fact that these guys are touring again and sound better than they have in a long time.

Posted by: MCDDTLC ()
Date: May 7, 2013 01:09

GravityBoy

Gravity - Sorry - don't agree - I thought Keith played pretty good at Staples!!
and I've been hard on him the last few years, liked him better than Ronnie, and
I thought Ronnie has been better the last few times I've seen them live in Video's
- Superbowl,etc.
MLC

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: May 7, 2013 01:10

doppler
Dear Mick Jagger:

The only reason I bought tickets to the Toronto shows at $3000.00 for 2 pairs for each concert was in the hopes of seeing Mick Taylor play with The Stones once more. There is no other reason I'd ever pay that sort of $$$. I did it because keith made it clear that ther were going to be three guitars with Taylor beingf with the band this time.
Sorry, but thats just stupid. There's no other way around it. Keith said it was nice having 3 guitars. Everyone saying he pretty much confirmed Taylor really isn't right. Yeah, he said he enjoyed having him back, but in no way did he make it sound like he would be there for more than 3 songs. You paying ridiculous amounts of money because you misunderstood something about the tour is not one of the reasons they should feel bad for you. Yes, the tickets this tour are way too expensive. Yes, Mick Taylor isn't playing as much as we all want. But you made a decision to spend $3000. You have no one to blame but yourself. I don't see how anyone should feel bad for you or why Mick Jagger has any reason to listen to your plea. You'd think you'd have at least a concrete reason to spend $3,000 on tickets, but apparently you didn't.

I don't mean to sound harsh, but come on. Thats pretty much the only response you should get.

Date: May 7, 2013 01:12

MCDDTLC
GravityBoy

I thought Ronnie has been better the last few times I've seen them live in Video's
- Superbowl,etc.
MLC

I agree. Keith blew the sympathy solo in Oakland. He was great overall. Bobby keys blew the sax solo on miss you. Mick blew a bunch of lines. The choir was flat as was the French horn. The show was incredible! This band is not about technical excellence it is about swing, away, rock and roll. I liked the mistakes as much as the perfections. It made you feel they were human, taking risks, and going for it.

Date: May 7, 2013 01:15

MCDDTLC
GravityBoy

- Superbowl,etc.
MLC

His solos in SFTD are shite.

He's posing, kicking his leg. flicking his nose, closing his eyes...

I'm a big Keith fan but come on.. lets have some reality here.

He needs to focus on playing and not the crap.

The off key IORR solo on the now infamous YOutube compilation is him NOT LOOKING... his head is elsewhere... grinning and posing for the audience.

Date: May 7, 2013 01:18

GravityBoy
MCDDTLC
GravityBoy

- Superbowl,etc.
MLC

The off key IORR solo on the now infamous YOutube compilation is him NOT LOOKING... his head is elsewhere... grinning and posing for the audience.

He played great for 2 hours 22 minutes.
He blew the sympathy solo.
I don't know of any musician whose playing you can't pick apart if you have 2 hours and 30 minutes of performance to cherry pick.

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: May 7, 2013 01:20

GravityBoy
MCDDTLC
GravityBoy

- Superbowl,etc.
MLC

why are we talking about keith as a soloist anyway? he was NEVER very good at it. what he WAS good at he doesn't even bother with anymore. oh! i see, that's why we're talking about it....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-07 01:23 by GRNRBITW.

Date: May 7, 2013 01:20

sonomastone
MCDDTLC
GravityBoy

- Superbowl,etc.
MLC

I agree. Keith blew the sympathy solo in Oakland. He was great overall. Bobby keys blew the sax solo on miss you. Mick blew a bunch of lines. The choir was flat as was the French horn. The show was incredible! This band is not about technical excellence it is about swing, away, rock and roll. I liked the mistakes as much as the perfections. It made you feel they were human, taking risks, and going for it.

Check out the LA STFD solo.. Keith is even worse.

It's horrible to hear.

He's leg kicking, nose flicking head up, lip pursing and gurning for the audience.

Not paying attention to the job in hand.

Just stop it Keith and do what you did last year... sit at the back and drive.

Date: May 7, 2013 01:25

sonomastone
GravityBoy
MCDDTLC
GravityBoy

- Superbowl,etc.
MLC

He played great for 2 hours 22 minutes.
He blew the sympathy solo.
I don't know of any musician whose playing you can't pick apart if you have 2 hours and 30 minutes of performance to cherry pick.

Does Ronnie play off key like that?

I have listened to a lot of live performances of all kinds of people on Youtube over the years and the only other person I have seen get it spectacuraly wrong like Keith is Chuck Berry - but he's like 103.

I saw BB King live a few years back and he never played out of key and he was 217.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 7, 2013 01:30

Three guitars on Rambler is excessive. It doesn't improve the sound. Taylor should play on more delicate blues numbers like Moonlight Mile or Can't You Hear Me Knocking. Songs where his playing makes a difference.

Posted by: doppler ()
Date: May 7, 2013 01:31

If that were so, this thread would not exist ;-) 11 pages? C'mon...you obviously missed the tongue in cheek ;-)

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: May 7, 2013 01:31

Maybe they just want him to listen to the set a few more times until he joins in. There's so much he could learn from Ronnie and Keith.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 7, 2013 01:41

71Tele
The two saddest things for me last night were watching Taylor sitting behind Charlie's drum kit during Tumbling Dice and watching the band, then instead of joining them again going through the door to the backstage area; and almost having to physically force himself into the group bow at the end.

We can talk about this or that aspect of his playing on Midnight Rambler all day long, but the fact is they are treating him like shit.

oh fvck, this is really sad. I can hear the melancholy in your words, and knowing how much this particular concert meant to you, and then wittnessing that.

To me this whole Taylor-gate starts to sound one more disgusting feature this damn doomed COUNTING celebration tour seem to be made of. It is even more uglier than what happened with Bill Wyman. They tried to do the same humilation for Wyman too, but Bill seemingly understood the nature of the game and said "fvck off".

Theoretically such a fan dream come true, a beautiful idea - to have some key players from their past to share the stage with them. We all wanted that, right?

How is that translated in Jaggerese? That there are probably some die-hard fans out there who might buy the ticket just for that. Okay, we will give them that.

Both Wyman and Taylor were not planned to be any players to take part in some real musical responsibilities, and not being even guests - since guests come and go - but as some freaky circus numbers, tour mascots, to make a little side-show or a cameo within the show to charm that hardcore, historically conscious crowd.

Is there a worse way to humiliate an ex-member?

Yeah, Wyman - having his back secured - made the quick - and right - conclusion, but Taylor seems to be the victim here. They made an offer he simply couldn't rationally say no. I have heard all kinds of rumours of his condition physical/economical/abuse/artistic-wise, of which I don't know what to think of and I don't care, but to my eyes it looks they are truely using or abusing him in the dirty sense of the word, because they can. Just to milk the last @#$%& cents out of nostalgia market. Yeah, let's put the damn elephant man for a show for a moment. Jeez...

The eternal fan dream is turning - or has alraedy turned - to one of the most disgusting gestures ever took place in the Rolling Stones saga.

To Jagger and his servants: If you are not going to use him properly, or think he is not up to better than jamming through one blues number, please give him a big check, and send him home. This is no fun at all.

- Doxa

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-07 01:56 by Doxa.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 7, 2013 01:46

Doxa
71Tele
The two saddest things for me last night were watching Taylor sitting behind Charlie's drum kit during Tumbling Dice and watching the band, then instead of joining them again going through the door to the backstage area; and almost having to physically force himself into the group bow at the end.

We can talk about this or that aspect of his playing on Midnight Rambler all day long, but the fact is they are treating him like shit.

oh fvck, this is really sad. I can hear the melancholy in your words, and knowing how much this particular concert meant to you, and then wittnessing that.

To me this whole Taylor-gate starts to sound one more disgusting feature this damn doomed COUNTING celebration tour seem to be made of. It is even more uglier than what happened with Bill Wyman. They tried to do the same humilation for Wyman too, but Bill - but Wyman seemingly understood the nature of the game and said "fvck off".

Theoretically such a fan dream come true, a beautiful idea - to have some key players from their past to share the stage with them. We all wanted that, right?

How is that translated in Jaggerese? That there are probably some die-hard fans out there who might buy the ticket just for that. Okay, we will gave them that.

Both Wyman and Taylor were not planned to be any players to take some real musical responsibilities, and not even guests - since guests come and go - but some freaky circus numbers, tour mascots, to make a little side-show or a cameo within the show to charm that hardcore, historically conscious crowd.

Yeah, Wyman - having his back secured - made the quick - and right - conclusion, but Taylor seems to be the victim here. They made an offer he simply couldn't rationally say no. I have haerd all kinds of rumours of his condition physical/economical/abuse/artistic-wise, of which I don't know what to think of and I don't care, but to my eyes it looks they are truely using him in the dirty sense of the word, because they can. Just to milk the last @#$%& cents out of nostalgia market. Yeah, let's put the damn elephant man for a show for a moment. Jeez...

The eternal fan dream is turning - or has alraedy turned - to one of the most disgusting gestures ever took place in the Rolling Stones saga.

To Jagger and his servants: If you are not going to him properly, or think he is not up to better than jamming through one blues number, please give him a big check, and send him home. This is no fun at all.

- Doxa

OK, I agree this is awful, but I'm not sure I'd blame Jagger. Why would he care if Taylor played on more songs, or bowed at the end.

It doesn't make sense to me, but the other Glimmer I could see being the issue.

As we don't know for sure, let's just say this is sad and hopefully will rectify itself over time. I think the two Mick's have a good relationship.

We did get Plundered My Soul after all.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 7, 2013 01:47

doppler
Dear Mick Jagger:

Not having him on for every song is just plain stupid. Wating his talent for just one song is just plain stupid. Having other guests like Lady gaga or anyone elseinstead of having Mick taylor is just plain nuts. I could care less abhout them.

This could be the most interesting version of the Rolling Stones ever.

If you can have Bernard and Lisa on every song, certainly Mick taylor has had far more impact in about 10% of the time. And I like bernard and Lisa. Really I do.

But Mick Taylor has a gift - a very rare gift.

Brian can't make this tour unfortunately - But Mick can - Got it?

Second chances don't come too often in life. But when they do, grab em and hold on tight.

There isn't a real Rolling Stones fan who would disagree with me. It would be amazing to see 3 guitars in The Rolling Stones weaving like never before.

Danny

Mick's responsesad smiley it's ALL make believe, right?)

Danny.
Sorry you feel that way.

Assuming what you state is true...
You list two reasons why you made a decision to spend the money on the ticket.

Number One: Easy one.
You WILL "see Mick Taylor play with the Stones once more"
He plays right now a solid ten percent of our on stage time and
we're hoping he can WORK UP TO more.

You're Welcome

Number Two: I'm assuming you are referring to Keith's remarks made on Fallon.
I just watched it again,just in case I missed the GUARANTEE of how
involved Mick would be in the shows. Not there.As he stated on the
program, we hadn't even started rehearsals yet, so everything was
speculation. After rehearsing together and working things out,
ALL agreed we would start with the eleven+ minute classic, and work
on fitting a few more in as we go along. OK with you if we go ahead
and work all that stuff out as a band,taking into account factors
that you can't possibly know?

Lemme know if you actually did hear Keith make any real guarantees, as
I will not only set him straight (like that's possible) but make him
pay you for all your tickets out of his share. Just post a link and
we'll re-imburse.

Thanks for your continued support of The Rolling Stones and let me take this opportunity to remind you that Mick Taylor has a web site listing his personal appearances and music for sale.

www.MickTaylor.com
Enjoy.

Date: May 7, 2013 01:55

Lets be frank- the real way to recognize and reward MT is to let him really sit-in with the band - not some silly one song guest appearance. Wood and KR pointing at him with fists up....all so juvenile.

Musicians who care and respect other musicians are much more respectful and serious about it.

I guess we will never see MT's modern efforts on Gimme Shelter, Brown Sugar, Street Fighting Man, Sympathy for the Devil. But to not play CYHMK when most sophisticated Stones fans want to see that is just ridiculous for the money being charged.

This looks more like Love You Live meets the Real World....

Posted by: vermontoffender ()
Date: May 7, 2013 01:56

And it becomes more and more obvious that so very many people on this board aren't Stones fans, but Taylor fans instead.

Go listen to some Jazz/Blues fusion crap. Go plunk down some bucks for a Taylor solo show and pray he actually shows up.

Leave the Rock and Roll to Jagger, Richards, Watts, and Wood: The Rolling Stones.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: May 7, 2013 02:06

I'd like to see Mick T get the opportunity to play on more songs - he can only add to the sound. If he detracted in any way, I can see limiting him to a token appearance, but he's so much better than that. Most of the fans love the albums he contributed to. The only reason I can see to limit his participation is if the Stones feel he would steal their thunder. If that's the case, this is too sad. C'mon guys, let him play!

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: May 7, 2013 02:08

vermontoffender
And it becomes more and more obvious that so very many people on this board aren't Stones fans, but Taylor fans instead.

hey, dude...don't forget about us duke ellington fans here. we're tired of being overlooked.

Date: May 7, 2013 02:11

vermontoffender

Go listen to some Jazz/Blues fusion crap. Go plunk down some bucks for a Taylor solo show and pray he actually shows up.

Leave the Rock and Roll to Jagger, Richards, Watts, and Wood: The Rolling Stones.

The Stones from 1969 - 1973 speaks for itself. You can dump on Taylor all you want mate, but even the Stones knows the band was at its peak with him on lead guitar.

Listen to Brussels Affair and listen to Love You Live - enough said.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 7, 2013 02:27

vermontoffender

Completely, utterly, wrong. I don't give a crap about Taylor's solo career or side projects. But as a member of the Rolling Stones (he was an actual member, you know) he was responsible for a good part of the records and songs we all know and love. I don't have to name them all here. Yet he sits behind Charlie's drums or backstage while the band plays these songs without him. It's insulting to him as well as to us.

Posted by: Sipuncula ()
Date: May 7, 2013 02:36

Doxa

To me this whole Taylor-gate starts to sound one more disgusting feature this damn doomed COUNTING celebration tour seem to be made of. It is even more uglier than what happened with Bill Wyman. They tried to do the same humilation for Wyman too, but Bill seemingly understood the nature of the game and said "fvck off".

How is that translated in Jaggerese? That there are probably some die-hard fans out there who might buy the ticket just for that. Okay, we will give them that.

Both Wyman and Taylor were not planned to be any players to take part in some real musical responsibilities, and not being even guests - since guests come and go - but as some freaky circus numbers, tour mascots, to make a little side-show or a cameo within the show to charm that hardcore, historically conscious crowd.

Yeah, Wyman - having his back secured - made the quick - and right - conclusion, but Taylor seems to be the victim here. They made an offer he simply couldn't rationally say no. I have heard all kinds of rumours of his condition physical/economical/abuse/artistic-wise, of which I don't know what to think of and I don't care, but to my eyes it looks they are truely using or abusing him in the dirty sense of the word, because they can. Just to milk the last @#$%& cents out of nostalgia market. Yeah, let's put the damn elephant man for a show for a moment. Jeez...

To Jagger and his servants: If you are not going to use him properly, or think he is not up to better than jamming through one blues number, please give him a big check, and send him home. This is no fun at all.

- Doxa

You're serious?

Posted by: three16 ()
Date: May 7, 2013 02:44

duffydawg
vermontoffender

The Stones from 1969 - 1973 speaks for itself. You can dump on Taylor all you want mate, but even the Stones knows the band was at its peak with him on lead guitar.

I agree. Brussels rocks and I love Love You Live.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 7, 2013 02:48

Sipuncula

You're serious?

Unfortunately I am. I might exaggarate some points but that's the way I see the case now. It feels damn bad and wrong.

- Doxa

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: May 7, 2013 03:03

duffydawg
vermontoffender

Brother VegasOffender is on record already. He doesn't like Brussels Affair, prefers Daryl Jones to Bill Wyman etc. Although he routinely derides other's opinions as delusional, hysterical etc. You really can't argue with someone to try a steak again, if they really truly prefer McDonalds and argue that Billions and Billions have been served.

Date: May 7, 2013 03:04

Well I guess unless Ronnie or KR leave the band, MT won't get his second song....so pathetic. And Yes MJ will try to market the Stones with out KR...LOL

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 105

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1537
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home