Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 105
We want Mick Taylor on more songs please
Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 5, 2013 02:22

I was hoping for may be two or even three songs with Mick Taylor, but they did only fit him in for one song at the Staples opening show. This is the "WE WANT MORE MICK TAYLOR" on stage thread ... but please do NOT misunderstand, nothing wrong with Ronnie!

We have Mick Taylor on Midnight Rambler, and now also on Satisfaction, but we are greedy, we want another Staples-2 with "Sway" and/or "Can't You Hear Me Knocking" too...

All of the new "We want more Mick Taylor" threads will be merged in here, as there are already many around!

Los Angeles May 20 - Staples-2:
Thank you! Thank You! Thank You!
MT on Sway and Can't You Hear Me Knocking + also Midnight Rambler and Satisfaction! We love it and we are crossing our fingers for the East Coast shows!

Bjornulf

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-27 13:14 by bv.

mick taylor "performing" only one song........?
Posted by: bigvis ()
Date: May 4, 2013 21:42

I saw today the setlist of the first "rolling stones concert", in the staples center in L.A in 2013.
And after what I heard the "Stones",telling the press ( that "mick taylor" will be playing on more songs with the "stones" as a special quest ).....And the rehearsels where he was playing on 6 or 7 songs with the "stones".

I WAS VERY DISAPPOINTED, WHEN I SAW HIM ONLY PLAYING ON "MIDNIGHT RAMBLER",
( THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH THIS SONG AND HOW "MICK" IS PLAYING )........
AND OF COURSE I KNEW IT WAS THE FIRST SHOW OF THIS TOUR.....MAYBE IT WILL BE CHANGING THE NEXT SHOWS.

I HOPE THAT A LOT OF "STONES/ MICK TAYLOR FANS"........will be writing on this message list.........SO THAT THE "STONES" WILL SEE......THAT A LOT OF "FANS"
WANTED TO SEE AND HEAR "MICK TAYLOR ON MORE THAN ONE SONG.

Re: mick taylor "performing" only one song........?
Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: May 4, 2013 21:44

the matter has been raised and brought to the attention of the rolling stones. refunds from last night's performance are being considered in light of this.

Posted by: ts ()
Date: May 4, 2013 22:22

In my humble opinion- imho for the texters and twitters... the 11 minutes of Mick Taylor are the highlight of the show. A very special guest. Much more than that though the moment loses it's impact. Thanks.

Posted by: Somegirl66 ()
Date: May 4, 2013 22:27

Flying across Canada eh to Toronto for May 25th show & crossing my sticky fingers that by then MT will play on more: Sway(they rehearsed it with him twice) Winter would be be great too but wasn't played in rehearsals( I don't think Keith had much involvement writing that song, if any, despite his name on the credits..maybe that's why they never play it? Can you hear me knocking would be absolutely brillllllllllllliant! He rehearsed that with them too..

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 4, 2013 22:28

It's a shame because he seems to be having such a good time. To pull him out for one number is a little sad. I really hope they expand his role to 2-3 songs at least.

Posted by: ohcarol ()
Date: May 4, 2013 22:30

Yes Mr. Taylor... Could you please help tune Keith and Rons guitars while you wait? What a joke!

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 4, 2013 22:36

When Taylor heads back out on his tour of the bars, after this Stones tour is over, he undubtedly will have the smash tour of the year. I mean just look at all the people who worship him, and dont even seem to like the Stones on stage with him. I can only imagine how happy they all will be to have Taylor, all by himself, not being held back by the Stones. They will all be so happy.

Posted by: darkstardew ()
Date: May 4, 2013 22:39

I was kind of bummed to see that. After having him do 2 songs at the Echoplex and rehearse at least a few more I would hope for 2-3 Mick Taylor numbers. I know he isn't in the band any more and wouldn't expect him to play the whole show or a majority (even though I would like that) but if all he ever does the whole tour is Midnight Rambler I'll be a little frustrated. I'll be seeing them on Sunday so I will try to set my expectations that he'll only do Rambler so then I will be psyched if he does more or different numbers....

It did seem to be part of the promo for the tour that he was a special guest and Keith's statements in particular seemed to indicate he would be doing a variety of songs. Perhaps that's what Keith wanted but others in band/management disagreed and didn't want to unbalance the 'brand'?

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: May 4, 2013 22:43

a big let down BECAUSE he did two in the warm up gig.

Posted by: Jelly Face Joe ()
Date: May 4, 2013 22:59

Given the lackluster sales and reviews of recent Stones albums, the band could use a shot in the arm. Mick Taylor is that shot in the arm, he revitalizes the band's sound. They should expand his role on the tour and then get into the studio with him. It seems to me that there are too many Matt Clifford purists around these days.

Date: May 4, 2013 23:00

Jelly Face Joe
Given the lackluster sales and reviews of recent Stones albums, the band could use a shot in the arm. Mick Taylor is that shot in the arm, he revitalizes the band's sound. They should expand his role on the tour and then get into the studio with him.

haven you any idea how many "should haves" the stones have passed on over the years??? it's in like 6 or 7 figures now....

Posted by: Captainchaos ()
Date: May 4, 2013 23:07

missed opportunity - nothing else to add

Date: May 4, 2013 23:27

LOL and what about Ronnie Wood? Isn't it kind of like getting a divorce, getting re-married and having your ex come stay with the new Mrs and yourself. Awkward.

Date: May 4, 2013 23:42

ts
LOL and what about Ronnie Wood? Isn't it kind of like getting a divorce, getting re-married and having your ex come stay with the new Mrs and yourself. Awkward.

and think of the kids

Posted by: kharrison ()
Date: May 4, 2013 23:54

The Sones need their heads examined.....

Date: May 5, 2013 00:00

kharrison
The Stones need their heads examined.....

That would be a great album title (for any band)....
just think of the marketing and cover possibilities.

Date: May 5, 2013 00:05

Kinda busy here waiting for the derby, bar-b-qing, rain delay at "Dega but....maybe thats the point...Jaggers threesome. Only rock and roll....

Date: May 5, 2013 00:11

ts
Kinda busy here waiting for the derby, bar-b-qing, rain delay at "Dega but....maybe thats the point...Jaggers threesome. Only rock and roll....
ALLRIGHT!!!thumbs up

Definitely a multi-TV day... if they ever get the race started... at least the Derby will go off no matter... Heck I even like to watch it better in sloppy conditions.

Date: May 5, 2013 00:36

Indeed Mr. Max. Kentucky Derby day. Gentlemen . Start. Your. Engines. Not intention to high jack this thread....Mick Taylor is pretty good. Peace

Date: May 5, 2013 00:37

smileys with beer

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: May 5, 2013 01:04

Max'sKansasCity
kharrison
The Stones need their heads examined.....

That would be a great album title (for any band)....
just think of the marketing and cover possibilities.

But they declared themselves to be "Out Of Our Heads" in 1965.

Maybe "Getting Our Heads Examined" will be the 50th anniversary sequel....

Posted by: MickyG ()
Date: May 5, 2013 01:29

Why keep a Ferrari in the garage and push it onto the drive once in a awhile? Please please use Mick T more!

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: May 5, 2013 01:32

Mick Taylor is a ferrari?!?

Date: May 5, 2013 01:33

GumbootCloggeroo
Mick Taylor is a ferrari?!?

he's not even italian.

maybe he meant it metaphorically, but i doubt it...

Posted by: slew ()
Date: May 5, 2013 01:38

It does seem like a waste to carry him around for one song.

Posted by: MickyG ()
Date: May 5, 2013 02:05

Come on guys you must have known what the Ferrari metaphor meant. ' in a class of its own'

Date: May 5, 2013 02:20

MickyG
Come on guys you must have known what the Ferrari metaphor meant. ' in a class of its own'

we don't know nothin'...and we like it that way, ok?

Mick there is still time to salvage this tour.....
Posted by: kharrison ()
Date: May 5, 2013 00:07

We've had the large production greatest hits tour for years now...thanks. Now it is time to do it right, especially with Taylor back in the game, and take advantage of your talents. I'm not asking to bring the Ampegs back but please shelve some of these tired songs and prove to the world you are the Greatest Rock N Roll Band in the World. No more "guests" and other foolishness and bring back Mick Taylor for more than ONE freakin song!

Re: Mick there is still time to salvage this tour.....
Date: May 5, 2013 00:17

kharrison
We've had the large production greatest hits tour for years now...thanks. Now it is time to do it right, especially with Taylor back in the game, and take advantage of your talents. I'm not asking to bring the Ampegs back but please shelve some of these tired songs and prove to the world you are the Greatest Rock N Roll Band in the World. No more "guests" and other foolishness and bring back Mick Taylor for more than ONE freakin song!

go ahead and ask for the ampegs...don't be afraid. it's free to ask...i think.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 105

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1624
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home