Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Press release for Ronnie's Gig!
Posted by: KeithRichards ()
Date: February 25, 2005 13:21

as posted by the admin on Ronniewood.com

RONNIE WOOD AND FIENDS...
SUNDAY 13TH MARCH- THEATRE ROYAL, DRURY LANE
Illustrious Rolling Stones guitarist, Ronnie Wood, will be taking part in a spectacular event at the Theatre Royal, Drury Lane on Sunday 13th March.
Supported by Andrew Lloyd Webber, the theatre, which currently houses Ronnie's unique artwork and is home to 'The Producers', will get a surge of life pumped through its veins as 'Woody' takes to the stage with some of the most credible names in rock.

With his laid back and loose spirit reminiscent of the jamming sessions of the 70's; legendary Faces guitarist, Ronnie Wood, will be joined by fiends and ex band-mates Ian 'Mac' McLagan and Kenney Jones for a night of rhythm injected, rough and reckless Rock 'n' Roll!

The band who, through reputation need no introduction, have had numerous hits in the early 70's with classic tracks such as 'Stay With Me', 'Flying' and 'I Can Feel The Fire'. Having conquered both sides of the Atlantic with sell out shows, the Faces called it a day in 1974 after which Ronnie joined the Rolling Stones while Kenny went on to play with The Who.

'Ronnie Wood and Fiends' will be a night no different to the good ol' days of rock where spontaneity and unpredictability added to the atmosphere of a jammin' session. There is no telling which of Ronnie’s many guitar playing buddies will turn up. You can expect to see plenty of his mischievous fiends as well as some of his Rolling Stones band mate, backing vocalist, Bernard Fowler, percussionist, Ray Cooper and violinist, Frankie Gavin.

With over four decades at the heart of rock, Ronnie and his musically charged chums undoubtedly epitomise the 70s generation of eclectic music and carefree lifestyles.
Ronnie Wood & Fiends will be supported by Countermine.

Tickets…www.getlive.co.uk
Credit card 24hrs ticket hotline 0870 400 0688
Drury Lane Theatre – 020 7494 5007

Re: Press release for Ronnie's Gig!
Date: February 25, 2005 14:12

There is even a litte drawing on his website - I guess Ronnie made it himself, LOL!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-02-25 15:40 by KeithRichards.

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: February 25, 2005 14:55

I wonder who's gonna sing...
Woody ?
Rod ?
Mick ?

Date: February 25, 2005 14:58

I think Bernard will sing most.

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: February 25, 2005 15:03

Yeah I also thought he could sing, but he lives in the US and I am not sure he'll come for just one show.

I still think there may be other vocal guests.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 25, 2005 15:07

thanks for psoting this

"You can expect to see plenty of his mischievous fiends as well as some of his Rolling Stones band mate, backing vocalist, Bernard Fowler, percussionist, Ray Cooper and violinist, Frankie Gavin."

I'm a bit confused by this, as it doesnt make grammatical sense (ie "some of his..band mate" . Are they describing Bernard as a "band mate" or are they implying that member(s) of the Rolling Stones will be there?

Date: February 25, 2005 15:11

Well, I'm not a native speaker but I noticed that there are some quite big grammatical mistakes all over Ronniewood.com

Can anyone explain the joke with "fiends" to me - Ronnie's word for "friends" or what?

I don't think that anyone of the Stones will show up, that would be too cool to be true! I think that they really don't know who will come or not...

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: February 25, 2005 15:39

A fiend is a devil

Date: February 25, 2005 15:41

Ah, thanks. So it's not a mistake, lol!

Date: February 25, 2005 15:42

BTW, am I the only one who is dreaming of another stonesmember being there? I know it won't happen, but...........

Date: February 25, 2005 19:20

Thanks to Bjørnulf and thanks for posting the news. Now I've got some of the last tickets. Wonder what kind of show this will be, but it's good old London theatre....and a great line-up. Can't be too bad smiling smiley Don't really have money for this, but luckily I'm in London ( at work ) that weekend.
Still some tickets left. Try this one if you're not form the UK or Ireland [www.seetickets.com]|eventtype=1&RE|eventtype|1=5&resultsperpage=20&filler1=see
or call as Bjørnulf has advised in the news section.

Date: February 25, 2005 19:22

I just wanted to get tickets for a friend of mine - now there's only "balcony" available any more! So hurry up, guys!
(on seeticket.com that is, I just saw they still have better seats on ticketmaster)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-02-25 19:29 by KeithRichards.

Posted by: jigsawpuzzle ()
Date: February 25, 2005 19:34

Not to be a downer here, but I distinctly remember when the New Barbarians toured many years ago, the radio station kept mentioning "Special Surprise Guests" , sometimes throwing Mick's name and Dylan's name out there. My friends and I shlepped up to MSG with HIGH EXPECTATIONS. Not that the show wasn't good, it was, but much of the night was filled with anticipation of who was going to come out. NO ONE EVER DID.

SO for those going, have a great time, but please be half prepared that it may not turn out to be the rock event of the year. HOPE I'M WRONG.

Date: February 25, 2005 19:39

Will it be a Faces Reunion?
(contactmusic.com)

THE FACES GET CHARITABLE

THE FACES

LATEST: THE FACES have honoured the promise they made last year (04) to reform - by signing up to headline a charity gig.

The surviving members of the legendary 1970s band - ROD STEWART, RONNIE WOOD, IAN McLAGAN and KENNEY JONES - are currently reacquainting themselves with their classic back catalogue of tunes ahead of the Theatre Royal concert in London on 13 March (05).

In August (04), gravel-voiced Stewart stunned fans at his Los Angeles concert when he introduced his former bandmates onto the stage for an impromptu Faces set.

The gig marked their first extensive collaboration since Wood - who left The Faces to join THE ROLLING STONES on their 1975 tour - helped out Stewart at an MTV UNPLUGGED taping in early 1993.

Posted by: Han ()
Date: February 25, 2005 21:07

Mac's updated his thoughts on that:

I'm off to London to play a show with Ronnie Wood, Kenney Jones and
some other luminaries on Sunday, March 13th at the Drury Lane Theatre

Many guests will be there, but if you think this is the Faces reunion I've been
waiting for all these years, this isn't it. However, a little known fact is that the
band only consisted of Lane, Wood, Jones and McLagan, and as Ronnie Lane has
a prior commitment, then it could be said that this is the Faces reunion after all.

But don't quote me!

Pigs might fly doing crossword puzzles in Chinese while
baking cakes in ladies underwear on flaming bicycles underwater!

You might have to scrape me off the floor at the end of the tour, but it'll be really good scrapings. - Mick Jagger

Date: February 25, 2005 22:41

I bet Dylan shows up, and they do 'Clean Cut Kid'! wonder who'll be playing bass? DR

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: February 25, 2005 23:17

Jigsaw, u beat me to it! I remember the same thing with the BaRbarians tour. I will say it smacks of smart marketing, but that sounds cynical. Hardly matters, I am sure the show will be a blast!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 26, 2005 02:32

Dillard Richardson Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I bet Dylan shows up, and they do 'Clean Cut Kid'!
> wonder who'll be playing bass? DR

As he's playing in Portland,Oregon the night before and Oakland,Ca the following night I would imagine he's as likely to show up as Brian Jones

Posted by: john r ()
Date: February 26, 2005 04:53

I saw Ron in late '92 w/ Bernard & Ian M. on the Slide On This tour - much tighter & more 'professional' than the Barbs (which I dug of course) at NYC '79 - Bernard shared vocals w/ Ron & they did RW solo, Faces, & RW 'associated' (co-written) Stones songs (Black Limo, Pretty Beat Up, IORR, etc)...Is Cream doing their shows around that time? EC might be a guest if so

Date: February 26, 2005 09:25

Cream is for the beginning of May

Posted by: duke danko ()
Date: February 26, 2005 17:29

thanks Gazza, I should've checked Dylan's tour before posting...wishful thinking ..more wishful thinking: that I could go to this!
DR

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1984
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home