Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stones tweeting this is the last tour? Not really...
Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: May 4, 2013 18:20

Just heard on LA Times site a reporter SAY that The Stones have tweeted (I dont have twitteR) THAT THIS IS IT, THE LAST TOUR.

Is that right?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-04 19:01 by bv.

Re: Stones tweeting this is THE LAST TOUR?
Posted by: tatters ()
Date: May 4, 2013 18:23

It would be a good move on their part. A sure-fire way of selling way more tickets, at the price AEG wants to sell them for ($600), than all the "special" guests ever could.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-04 18:37 by tatters.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: May 4, 2013 18:23

They have done no such thing.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 4, 2013 18:28

Is there a link to that LA Times story? Nothing of the sort has been posted on the Stones "official" Twitter account.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 4, 2013 18:33

I think they mean they played 'The Last Time'.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 4, 2013 18:33

Likely stems from them tweeting the set list. Which included... wait for it..
"THE LAST TIME"

Posted by: PeanutGallery ()
Date: May 4, 2013 18:35

My very first thought also, Tatters.

Seems to be their mantra. They were touting it back in the beginning — outside the Santa Monica Civic Auditorium back at the TAMI show filming, whenever that was — 64?

Peanut
PeanutGallery

tatters
It would be a good move on their part. A sure-fire way of selling way more tickets than all the "special" guests ever could.

Date: May 4, 2013 18:39

bye bye johnny
Is there a link to that LA Times story? Nothing of the sort has been posted on the Stones "official" Twitter account.

towards the end of this video...which i got to from latimes.com

[ktla.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-04 18:39 by bitusa2012.

Date: May 4, 2013 18:43

bitusa2012

You started this — you need to dig back to what you're talking about and put up a link to it. Tweeting is not the set-list.

Penaut
PeanutGallery

bitusa2012
Just heard on LA Times site a reporter SAY that The Stones have tweeted (I dont have twitteR) THAT THIS IS IT, THE LAST TOUR.

Is that right?

Date: May 4, 2013 18:47

I really doubt the Stones would say that. In the VERY unlikely event the Stones were going to announce that this is "the last tour" it just would not make sense to announce it after the tour has started as opposed to announcing it before the tour. The Stones already have their guarantee from the promoter... If the Stones announced "this is the last tour" when tickets first went on sale then they could have charged Newark 2012 prices and tickets sales would likely be greater for all shows.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: May 4, 2013 18:49

You don't need a twitter account to see their tweets, you can read them all here: [twitter.com]

Date: May 4, 2013 18:52

Koen
You don't need a twitter account to see their tweets, you can read them all here: [twitter.com]

What a mind numbing series of posts.

Date: May 4, 2013 18:54

bitusa2012
bye bye johnny

towards the end of this video...which i got to from latimes.com

[ktla.com]

Thanks. KTLA reporter initially said it "could be", and then closed by saying the Stones sent that tweet. Didn't happen, though.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: May 4, 2013 18:56

Yes, they tweeted THE LAST TIME...

They were playing it at the time.

Date: May 4, 2013 18:58

Thanks for putting the link up. She's not an LA Times reporter as you said; what she did say was "could be" the last time. I'm in a bad reception site at he moment and can't get to the end, but she's also not taking about "The Last Time" — this is shot prior to the show. I'll re-listen when I have a better connection but I think your initial post is WAY off base.

Peanut
PeanutGallery

PeanutGallery
bitusa2012

You started this — you need to dig back to what you're talking about and put up a link to it. Tweeting is not the set-list.

Penaut
PeanutGallery

bitusa2012

Is that right?

Date: May 4, 2013 18:59

PeanutGallery
bitusa2012

Penaut
PeanutGallery

bitusa2012

Is that right?

I believe I DID send thru where I HEARD THIS 4 mins before your post PEANUT and she DOES SAY this is the last tour I THOUGHT

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-04 19:01 by bitusa2012.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: May 4, 2013 19:00

its good to be anywhere
I really doubt the Stones would say that. In the VERY unlikely event the Stones were going to announce that this is "the last tour" it just would not make sense to announce it after the tour has started as opposed to announcing it before the tour. The Stones already have their guarantee from the promoter... If the Stones announced "this is the last tour" when tickets first went on sale then they could have charged Newark 2012 prices and tickets sales would likely be greater for all shows.

It wouldn't surprise me if AEG is pressuring them to make an announcement like that, but, having already been paid, there's no incentive for them to do so. Besides, I don't think they'd ever want to box themselves into a corner like that, where they can't tour again because they've already done a "last tour," not that it's stopped the Who and a lot of other people from doing that and then going back on their word.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-04 19:04 by tatters.

Re: Stones tweeting this is the last tour? Not really...
Date: May 4, 2013 19:05

....AND BV EDITING MY TOPIC HEADER....does that happen on other posts that BV thinks are wrong? JUST WONDERING

Date: May 4, 2013 19:06

Green Lady

Reporter's backing band was playing "Satisfaction". ;-)

She did say "but sadly tonight, the Rolling Stones tweeted that they will not be touring, this is their last tour."

Wrapped up with "This may be the end, I guess time will tell."

Date: May 4, 2013 19:08

bye bye johnny
Green Lady

Reporter's backing band was playing "Satisfaction". ;-)

She did say "but sadly tonight, the Rolling Stones tweeted that they will not be touring, this is their last tour."

Wrapped up with "This may be the end, I guess time will tell."

AS I SAID

Date: May 4, 2013 19:09

You did indeed. The Stones however, did not.

Date: May 4, 2013 19:10

bitusa2012
....AND BV EDITING MY TOPIC HEADER....does that happen on other posts that BV thinks are wrong? JUST WONDERING

Well you have to admit you were posting misinformation, even if 'as a question'.

Date: May 4, 2013 19:11

treaclefingers
bitusa2012

Well you have to admit you were posting misinformation, even if 'as a question'.

I WAS posting what IS still being reported

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-04 19:14 by bitusa2012.

Date: May 4, 2013 19:16

bitusa2012
treaclefingers
bitusa2012

I WAS posting what IS still being reported

Good god man, all you had to go to their Twitter account to verify....don't gimme that nonsense.

Date: May 4, 2013 19:28

Good God treacle, I don't use, nor have ever seen Twitter, I have heard of it, but nothing about it's concept interests me. I don't know HOW to go to it to verify ANYTHING.

I SIMPLY posted, as a question, WHAT IS REPORTED on a reputable news site.

I'll know better in future, I'll let you know rumours I hear in elevators, or buses, or trains. Or I might just make stuff up myself, like I have read on IORR many times, NEVER again will I put up anything that's, like, in a NEWS report.

Good God

Date: May 4, 2013 20:41

bitusa2012
Good God treacle, I don't use, nor have ever seen Twitter, I have heard of it, but nothing about it's concept interests me. I don't know HOW to go to it to verify ANYTHING.

I SIMPLY posted, as a question, WHAT IS REPORTED on a reputable news site.

I'll know better in future, I'll let you know rumours I hear in elevators, or buses, or trains. Or I might just make stuff up myself, like I have read on IORR many times, NEVER again will I put up anything that's, like, in a NEWS report.

Good God

good...gawd.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 4, 2013 20:44

Here dawg, come on dawg.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1316
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home