Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 27
Re: 50 years of Stones publicity photos
Posted by: brownsugar86 ()
Date: September 15, 2014 00:25

Deltics
Franklin canyon in California.
More here:
[www.iorr.org]

Cheers. From the cover shot of 'High Tide' I always sub-consciously assumed it was along the river Thames in south west London - how wrong I was!

And Brian please step back, Mick's the frontman not you.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2014-09-16 23:13 by brownsugar86.

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: September 16, 2014 00:26

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: September 16, 2014 02:11

^ It always amused me how, at the time of Voodoo Lounge, they were taking all these photos with the angry young man who's going to burn down your town look, acutely aware as Mick must have been of the new generation of guitar bands that were out there to compete with.

But, when we apply the proper thought bubbles, we see what they're really thinking behind those angry young looks that can't get no satisfaction....

Charlie: Good god, another bloody tour. How long are they gonna keep this bleedin' thing going? Bill must be at home right now with a cuppa tea, relaxing by the fire....

Ronnie: A double album, and I didn't get one bleeding song on it. Now I'll have my own album to do--again!

Mick: Well, at least we don't have to split the money five ways.... But now that Bill's left, I wonder if he's going to write another book. Keith better not write one. Because if he does, that could be the end of the band....

Keith: Bill, that bastard! I could just strangle him. He's probably sitting at home right now with a cuppa tea by the fire. He calls it tea. Just a quick dunk of the teabag in milk. If I ever write a book, I'm gonna make fun of how Bill makes a cuppa tea.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: September 16, 2014 02:41

stonehearted
^ It always amused me how, at the time of Voodoo Lounge, they were taking all these photos with the angry young man who's going to burn down your town look, acutely aware as Mick must have been of the new generation of guitar bands that were out there to compete with.

But, when we apply the proper thought bubbles, we see what they're really thinking behind those angry young looks that can't get no satisfaction....

Charlie: Good god, another bloody tour. How long are they gonna keep this bleedin' thing going? Bill must be at home right now with a cuppa tea, relaxing by the fire....

Ronnie: A double album, and I didn't get one bleeding song on it. Now I'll have my own album to do--again!

Mick: Well, at least we don't have to split the money five ways.... But now that Bill's left, I wonder if he's going to write another book. Keith better not write one. Because if he does, that could be the end of the band....

Keith: Bill, that bastard! I could just strangle him. He's probably sitting at home right now with a cuppa tea by the fire. He calls it tea. Just a quick dunk of the teabag in milk. If I ever write a book, I'm gonna make fun of how Bill makes a cuppa tea.

Nope, I recognize that look very well. They're all just waiting on the tow truck.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 16, 2014 02:47

Geeeeeeeeeeez look in the background ..... Four MASSIVE Smart-Phones

ROCKMAN

Date: September 16, 2014 02:48

Yes, I suppose you're right latebloomer. Could be the "5 years working and 20 years hanging around" was starting to get to them--especially since by this time it was 6 years working and 25 years hanging around.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: September 16, 2014 03:20

Kevin Westenberg photo above is from the 1998 European leg of the Bridges To Babylon tour. Another from that session:

Date: September 16, 2014 03:54

^ Regardless of which of the nineties tours those photos were taken from, I think the thought bubble quotes would still apply--especially the Charlie and Ronnie ones, and ever more so for Charlie.

Posted by: brownsugar86 ()
Date: September 17, 2014 22:43

stonehearted

Spot on, haha. The way Keith talked about Bill in Life was pathetic. He should of been thanking Bill for putting up with his sh*t for so long without saying anything, not putting him down and mocking him.

Date: October 2, 2014 19:52

Date: October 3, 2014 19:35

Date: October 6, 2014 22:48

Date: October 8, 2014 00:45

Date: October 12, 2014 00:10

Date: October 12, 2014 00:17

Date: October 12, 2014 00:31

I'm not sure if this image was actually used for any promotion or publicity...

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: October 12, 2014 00:39

Ha-ha, good one Mighty Stork. Thanks for posting. This brings new meaning to Grrr, or that is the meaning?

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: October 12, 2014 01:30

Charlie is such a badass. cool smiley

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: October 12, 2014 02:16

Above photo is from photographer Rankin's 2012 "Marquee" session.

It's included in his forthcoming book, 'F*ck Y*u Rankin'.

Date: October 12, 2014 05:34

Date: October 12, 2014 06:41

Date: October 12, 2014 06:47

Date: October 15, 2014 04:09

Date: October 17, 2014 03:23

Date: October 17, 2014 03:31

Date: October 17, 2014 03:40

A break in the photo session.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: October 17, 2014 23:20

mighty stork

Back then you could see these type of colored picture on matchsticks boxes........

Date: October 19, 2014 16:20

Date: October 19, 2014 17:26

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: October 20, 2014 18:56

[/quote]

For me, this pic sheds much light on what Keith is dealing with regarding the mobility of his fingers. The other guys can give “the finger” with obvious ease. Not so for Keith. I assume he was trying his best, as he’s serving up the proper “FU” face, but it appears as if the fingers just won’t cooperate. Makes me admire all the more what he’s still able to do with them in 2014. He's got the heart & soul. Gold rings on ya, Keith. thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-20 18:58 by Plink.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 27

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2101
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home