Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: OT: NHL Playoffs!
Posted by: andrewm ()
Date: May 17, 2013 07:01

black n blue
More Hot Rocks
Don't feel bad Leaf fans. I have Sabre season tickets.

Still hate the leafs, Sabres are spinning their wheels

Leafs hate you, too, bud. Hating the Leafs is such a cliche, at least here in Canada.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: May 28, 2013 22:27

Well my Hawks managed to claw their way back from being down 3-1 to the Wings to force game 7 tomorrow night in Chicago! Should be an awesome game. Hopefully Crawford doesn't let in any softies like he did last night.
Must be a pain for the Stones roadies to set up in Chicago for tonight and then have to take everything down and then do that twice more!

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: May 29, 2013 01:13

Game 7 tonight....Go Sharks!

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: May 29, 2013 01:44

MapleLeafs and Canadiens are awesome...in fact all the original 6 are awesome.

Posted by: doubledoor ()
Date: May 30, 2013 06:34

2 original six teams playing overtime in game 7, in a stadium between Stones gigs. Blackhawks won it twice. Great game. LA, Boston, Chicago, all have playoff hockey and the Stones. Good times. Glad I don't live in someplace without it. Like Nashville.

Date: May 30, 2013 22:00

Hawks win a thriller in OT! Can't believe the refs disallowed the goal they scored late in the 3rd period because of the bogus penalty call. Full credit to Detroit for pushing the Hawks to the limit.
Heard several Stones songs played during the game including Doom and Gloom which I don't recall hearing before. News reports said the ice was soft because of the Stones concert the night before!
The final four teams left are also the last four teams to win the Stanley Cup! Chicago, Boston, Pittsburgh and LA.

Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: May 30, 2013 22:01

Tortorella gone..there's hope for the Rangers yet

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-30 22:02 by reg thorpe.

Date: May 30, 2013 22:37

Wonder if the Rangers might go after Alain Vigneault who was fired by the Canucks or perhaps Lindy Ruff?

Posted by: tnhybrid ()
Date: May 31, 2013 08:49

Go Kings Go! winking smiley

Date: June 3, 2013 06:53

Hawks sweep weekend games against LA (sandwiched between Friday and Monday Stones shows)!!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 3, 2013 06:57

Blackhawks making Kings look like minions.

The NY Rangers are already above .500 for the 2013-14 season with the firing of their coach.

Posted by: The Mez ()
Date: June 4, 2013 02:11

Bruins all the way baby! Shut down the most prolific offense since edmonton of the mid 80's.. Penguins looked frustrated.. Game 2 tonite! Go B's!!!! MEZ

Posted by: slew ()
Date: June 4, 2013 03:29

Go Bruins

Date: June 4, 2013 07:14

Penguins looked awesome tonight against the Bruins! Not. I am really surprised Boston took both games in Pittsburgh. The Penguins are either going to come into Boston and show some heart and make a series of this or they are going to get swept. If they are as good as their press clippings it will be the former.

Bruins
Posted by: JJackFl ()
Date: June 20, 2013 07:26

Re: Bruins
Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: June 20, 2013 14:10

I commented to my fellow attendee @ Boston # 1 show , " Imagine the amount of money that shirt if autographed by Mick would go for in auction ? "

What a nice donation that would make to a worthy charity .

Pick your favorite charity Mick and put it up for sale .

Re: Blackhawks
Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: June 20, 2013 14:42

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-28 17:37 by camper88.

Re: Bruins
Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: June 20, 2013 15:23

C'mon JJackFl... Couldn't you have put an image of the score from game two or three above the picture?

What a shoot out last night was... And what a bummer the ending was... My wife is still learning hockey and is still coming to grips with "sudden death overtime"... As the B's were skating off last night she said, "Wow. That was sudden". Right now she just roots for my teams so I'll be happy but I'll turn her into a fan yet!

GO BRUINS!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 20, 2013 18:17

The game last night was one of the best hockey games I have seen ever. Both teams very offensive, pushing for goals, forgetting about defensive work at times. Like early in the first period, when the Bruins had powerplay, lost the puck in the neutral zone, and voila the Blackhawks scored a goal. Or when Jaromir Jagr age 41 (!) and his team mate were fighting in the offensive Blackhawks corner never giving up... The commentator truely said: "They are playing a game of their own". Hockey is all about never giving up. Surely that long hard worked ended up with a Bruins goal.

And about fighting for the team. If you did not see what Boston Bruins player number 11 Gregory Campbell did in a recent playoff game then you have to check out this video clip. It is all about how to "find a way to take up space", while the pain is unberable. That first shot is breaking a boan in his leg, but he is staying on the ice throughout the rest of the powerplay, for almost a minute:

It was one of the most inspirational moments of the 2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs:
Gregory Campbell of the Boston Bruins blocking a Evgeni Malkin shot,
injuring his leg and then remaining on the ice for over a minute to help kill a
Pittsburgh Penguins power play in the second period of Game 3 of the Eastern Conference Final.

Bjornulf

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: June 20, 2013 19:23

Great Summary BV. I'm a Bruin's fan anyway but I would have been cheering for Campbell even if I wasn't... THAT kind of athleticism is seen far to rarely in sports these days. LOVED it.

Go Bruins!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: andrewm ()
Date: June 20, 2013 20:23

Yep, that was definitely impressive. Reminiscent of the Leafs' Bobby Baun in the '64 Stanley Cup Final. Broken leg, but he continued to play and ended up scoring the winning goal in Game 6. Inspirational.

Date: June 20, 2013 23:05

An awesome game, pretty much a must win for the Hawks. Good to see local Vancouverite Brent Seabrook score the OT winner. I was wondering when Quenneville was going to reunite Kane and Toews.
Now down to a best of 3. I can see this going to game 7 next Wednesday.
Camper 88, nice pic of Duncan.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: June 21, 2013 01:50

What a great Stanley Cup so far. Rooting for the Bruins. But enjoying the action.thumbs up

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: June 21, 2013 07:20

The series has been great so far, but nothing tops Coaches Corner with Don Cherry!

Date: June 25, 2013 06:20

Chicago Blackhawks! Stanley Cup Champions.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: June 25, 2013 06:29

Chicago Blackhawks win the Stanley Cup. Patrick Kane is the MVP.

Date: June 25, 2013 07:18

Congrats to the Chicago Blackhawks they beat my Bruins but I feel the better team won.

Date: June 25, 2013 07:33

Anybody see the highlight show at the end of Hockey Night In Canada tonight? Gimme Shelter was the featured soundtrack!

Date: June 25, 2013 07:42

Great finals. Can't talk trash, because Boston is on par with Chicago as a Great Great sports town.

Date: June 25, 2013 08:06

CHICAGO F_CKING BLACKHAWKS!!!! I would have picked goalie Corey Crawford for the Conn Smythe Trophy. Full credit to the Bruins, an awesome series.

Patrick Kane - Conn Smythe Trophy - playoff MVP
Jonathan Toews - Selke Trophy - best defensive forward
Crawford/ Emery - Jennings Trophy - best goals against average
2013 Presidents Trophy - best record in the regular season
2013 Campbell Bowl - champions of the Western Conference
2013 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!

What an awesome season.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1877
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home