Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Four Flicks on HIFI.
Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: February 22, 2005 19:43

I was with my dad at a place called Scala Hifi here in Aarhus today. He had his reciever fixed there. When he had paid the owner for reparing it we asked if we could get a demonstration of a good home theater. "Of course" the owner said. We got a demonstration of a 50" plasma screen from Pioneer and a DVD/CD/Tuner with very good sorround loudspeakers. For the occasion I had brought Four Flicks disc 1. I wanted to hear what "I Can't Turn You Loose" from Cirkus Krone sounded like. And JEEZ LOUISE it sounded awesome. Every instrument was crystal clear. Let me restate that: It was beyond crystal clear!!!! The guitars in particular sounded really awesome.
When I heard Four Flicks a couple of times after I got it back in 2003, and when the first amazement over the sheer fact that I actually got it, had died out a little, I was actually a tad disappointed over the way it was mixed. It could have been done better, with clearer sound. Well, that's what I thought back then.
But now.............Now I see that it was actually mixed to perfection. You just need to have the right equipment to play it on. A recommendation: If you don't have a hifi stereo back home, try to take a Four Flicks disc down to a hifi store and get a demonstration on a good hifi home theater set. I guarantee you that you won't get disappointed.
Four Flicks now rules even more. When I win the lottery (And if there's any money left from buying Villa Nellcõte smiling smiley), I will treat myself with a stereo like that. Oh my God I'm flying high over this right now!!!!
smiling smiley

JumpingKentFlash

Re: Four Flicks on HIFI.
Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: February 22, 2005 20:13

Yeah, if you buy a A/V Receiver you can play music-DVDs with fanastic sound.
I suppose you already have a CD and a DVD-player. If you (or your dad) buy a A/V Receiver (you can get a good one for ca 4.000 DKK) you're gonna enjoy Four Flicks even more.

Date: February 22, 2005 20:25

I think my dad has it. He's quite the hifi freak. Thule CD, Pioneer DVD, some stuff from Rotel, Thorens LP player. Stuff like that. Quite expensive. But hot damn that fish can swim. smiling smiley

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: February 23, 2005 11:19

okay, okay... so no more, JKF!
Just enjoy!

Date: February 23, 2005 14:28

You know I will. smiling smiley

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: fanch ()
Date: February 24, 2005 12:48

YES Four Flicks is incredible, much better then Live Licks !

But to get the best you have to listen the PCM track with your amplifier on stereo 5 canal.Don't listen to the DD tracks, it's not good !

I got a DVD Pioneer + amplifier Harman Kardon + speakers Bose and I LOVE FOUR FLICKS !!!!!

Posted by: WAYNEP ()
Date: February 24, 2005 18:13

From day one I had my DVD player hooked up to my stereo, hooked up to my TV with component video cables (3 video, 2 audio)...Four Flicks is a masterpiece. I wish I could get Ladies & Gentleman that perfect?!?Good for you!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1942
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home