Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: GEORGE BUSH CAN SAVE ROCK AND ROLL!
Posted by: winter ()
Date: February 22, 2005 20:55

here's some pics from Brussells.....

[www.indymedia.be]

it makes this lefty american proud of my fellow world citizens; forget about trading him for more brussells' boots, how about you just send him to the hague and we'll call it even?

2 stolen elections (the evidence of 2004, not hearsay, continues to mount and be documented), underfunding and limiting the investigation of 911 after initially refusing to investigate it, then capitaling off it....,lying and doctoring evidence to invade iraq, bankrupting the nation while further enriching the rich, a tethered lapdog corporate press afraid to rock the boat, newspeople on the whitehouse payroll, and scandal after scandal which would have sunk any other leader. this nation "is sleepwalking into fascism" and history will not judge kindly those that supported this grotesque abomination.

way to go brussells, good show! tonight of course, they'll just show selected happy moments on the US news and maybe 2 seconds of the protests...Mainz is next.

Posted by: eric ()
Date: February 22, 2005 20:57

Actually- My neighbor is a jouralist over there now. Don't need to be there, seen enough through is eyes and pics. how many car bombings were today?

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 22, 2005 21:03

WoW!! thanks winter - you've changed my opinion. That's some eye opening stuff.

Date: February 22, 2005 21:07

no problem skippy; BTW, great version of GS on the shidoobie stonesfans' compilation!

Date: February 22, 2005 21:09

Winter- Don't give up on us! We will be back stronger than before and stand for the REAL values we once did! This is only a minor setback in time for us. Some of my countrymen feel that is cowaring, but its not. We are wrong right now and have to own up to that fact.. thats what made us strong in the past and will again in the future. And if anything in the world was truly putting our friends in Europe in trouble... I'd be the first to put my uniform on and defend our friends in time of need.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 22, 2005 21:16

Thanks winter - That was from a sound check in January 1970. Shelter hadn't been released but a few weeks. We just made up our own words and arrangement. My guess is we might have tried it 3-4 times when the recording was made. Sent in Street Fighting Man from 1971 for Vol 2. we played it like they did back then with not alot of guitar lead. Not sure what happened to that project

Date: February 22, 2005 21:25

uh, eric, re-read my post for 2 facts:

1- i am a lefty american

2-the US elections of 2000 and 2004 were stolen, we didn't make the mistake! the 4 partisan republican owned electronic voting companies threw the 2004 election, the rightwing does not have a mandate (and i have not given up).

see:

[www.freepress.org]

the disparity of the exitpolls can only be attributed to electronic vote theft! 99% of all disparities favor bush. exitpolls have been used successfully here since 1988, we even used them to complain about the ukraine!

well, off to my job now.

enjoy listening to the stones, everybody!!

Date: February 22, 2005 21:26

Have a great day my fellow American!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 22, 2005 23:18

There are only two guys who can save Rock & Roll....ones called Mick and the other is called Keith.

ROCKMAN

Posted by: harlito1969 ()
Date: February 22, 2005 23:21

eric Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Actually- My neighbor is a jouralist over there
> now. Don't need to be there, seen enough through
> is eyes and pics. how many car bombings were
> today?

I speak to an Iraqi friend of mine who lives in Baghdad almost daily (when the electricity is on for his PC) and I can say that no media is covering what is going on over there correctly....or truthfully. Everyone is trying to make it black and white and there are so many shades of grey. As far as bombs today? Don't know but I can tell you it is business as usual and only a small percentage of the car bombs are reported on the news. Also, many bombs are left undetonnated in streets and then they have to be taken care of, the Iraqi police force have been taken most of the bomb squad duties. Also, fighting amongst Iraqis is very intense at times and then some days nothing. There is something like a dozen factions within the Iraqi populace fighting within Baghdad, it's not pretty. One thing I have come to realize though...this was going to happen one day whether we are there or not. There was just so much tension between Iraqis.

Posted by: Smokey ()
Date: February 22, 2005 23:42

eric Wrote:
> Hey smokey- I dont know about that...I'd say
> Clinton has tapped a few more than Bush and
> remember it was a Democrat who tapped Marilyn
> Monroe! However- I'd say Bush tapped more than
> Carter......but not more than Ted Kennedy although
> his girlfriends never made it home( bad joke...
> but still funny ).

Clinton approved the Defense in Marriage Act.

Are they pronounced womdees or whamdees? If you look for a WMD and don't find it, does it matter how it is pronounced?

Posted by: R ()
Date: February 23, 2005 00:02

" Winter- Don't give up on us! We will be back stronger than before and stand for the REAL values we once did! "

Perhaps. If they can figure out what those values are. There seems to be some disagreement in that regard.

"the US elections of 2000 and 2004 were stolen, we didn't make the mistake! the 4 partisan republican owned electronic voting companies threw the 2004 election, the rightwing does not have a mandate (and i have not given up)."

Oh for goddsakes. Any excuse but the obvious. Your boy LOST because enough people didn't vote for him. That's how it works. That's why he conceded the next day. Kerry is looking forward to 2008 and the Stones tour (though not neccessarily in that order). YOU are looking BACKWARDS which invariably accomplishes nothing.

Date: February 23, 2005 00:12

eric Wrote:
> Plus we should all be taken shelter... THE GAYS
> ARE COMING... RUN QUICK HIDE!!

We're coming all the time, Eric. ;`}

Posted by: thor ()
Date: February 23, 2005 00:46

I think most people know the reason European countries such as France and Germany were against overthrowing Saddam. Their industries were heavily "in bed" with Iraq and making billions of illegal dollars (against the UN resolutions) and they are still afraid this will all be revealed some day...just as we are finding out the UN officials were scamming millions off the "food for oil" program.

Posted by: LOGIE ()
Date: February 23, 2005 02:56

Nice one Mr Menace!

Let's see just how powerful Mr Bush actually is!

Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: February 23, 2005 14:52

And as an European I can only say I'm grateful that your president has balls and that he is well educated in history unlike our Euorpean prime ministers and presidents with no power. You see, in Europe we have a terrible and ongoing modern history of wars, terror, the Holocaust, Anti Semitism, hate towards America, fascism, nazism, colonialism, communism, maoism, love for PolPot and other murderers, racism towards Arabs (don't free arabs, leave them with their dictators), hate against Kurds, Africans etc etc. And America saves us everytime. Must be terrible for many Europeans to admit that. We suck. And sell weapons to Saddam Hussein and his friends. Period. And I can speak for all Europeans cause I'm European. Just like Eric is an American. Now tap me on my shoulder fellow Europeans. And pray that GWB loves the Stones. Probably he does. Bill Clinton, by the way, didnt secure peace anywhere. But he played that saxophone, yes he did.

Posted by: KeithRichards ()
Date: February 23, 2005 15:24

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2005-02-23 15:43 by KeithRichards.

Date: February 23, 2005 17:02

Good Day- Hey Menace, You are right! I came 2x today so far and its only 10am!!!!! Instead of T&A.. I sing D&A.......lol.. PEACE TO THE WORLD AND GOD BLESS THE ROLLING STONES!!! FUNNY, NO MATTER WHAT THE DIFFERENCES IN THE WORLD ONLY REALLY COOL MUSIC AND BRING THE REALLY COOL PEOPLE OF THE WORLD TOGETHER!

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2009
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home