Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627...LastNext
Current Page: 22 of 28
Re: ***GIG TONIGHT AT ECHOPLEX - SMALL & INTIMATE!***
Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: April 28, 2013 23:01

I am over in Spain for a while and it's cold,wet,and not as nice as in U.K.or over in L.A.

I read dimtims review and he was saying about sunburn,sun stroke ,waiting in line and thought,lucky dimtim with a Rolling Stones ticket after the suffering.

I'm glad I am over here,but he has seen The Rolling Stones on the first gig of the tour and with Staples and the other dates coming up,I do feel envious.

Back in U.K. in a few weeks and looking forward to Hyde Park.

It's gonna be a great Stones summer. winking smiley

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: April 28, 2013 23:02

How was Little Queenie?

Date: April 28, 2013 23:03

I liked Mick's jacket! And is it my imagination or was his hair shorter last night than the first leg of 50 and Counting?

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: April 28, 2013 23:03

21 pages..........did I missed something.........
On which page is there something interesting...video or something

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: April 28, 2013 23:07

What the hell? People who are thousands of miles away, and made no attempt to even go there, are still bitching about how unfair it is that certian people (who woirk hard at this) get to go to these shows? That is stupid talk. ANYBODY can do this. It is all very predictable at this point.

ANYBODY could have flown to LA knowing this warm up show was going to happen. ANYBODY could have gone for a ticket... AND THEN... if they didnt get in, then there might be some room for whining and crying and bitching and complaining... BUT TO NOT EVEN BE THERE, NOT EVEN BE IN THE CITY, TO NOT EVEN TRAVEL, TO NOT TRY FOR A TICKET AND STILL BE WHINING HOW UNFAIR IT ALL IS?? THAT IS FKG PATHEIC.

Date: April 28, 2013 23:08

NICOS
21 pages..........did I missed something.........
On which page is there something interesting...video or something

Around pages 14-17

Posted by: dimtim ()
Date: April 28, 2013 23:10

Problem is no cameras or phones were allowed in. I got frisked twice looking looking for such. That is why no pictures..

Maybe one more club show before Friday?

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: April 28, 2013 23:12

JumpinJackOLantern
I liked Mick's jacket! And is it my imagination or was his hair shorter last night than the first leg of 50 and Counting?

Hahahahahahah
hahahahahahahahah
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: April 28, 2013 23:18

In the end, I get a slight feeling nobody really gives a flying fvck about a club gig anymore...and I have the feeling nobody really seems to be that interested in a new Stones tour....

Mathijs

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: April 28, 2013 23:20

The activity on this thread makes me sick.

What the hell is wrong with you people?

The Stones had a show last night, and all most of you want to do is Bitch.

Sad, Sad, Sad.

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: April 28, 2013 23:21

dimtim
Problem is no cameras or phones were allowed in. I got frisked twice looking looking for such. That is why no pictures..

But it can't be too hard to smuggle some kind of recording device in ?? Just put it in your underwear or something.

Date: April 28, 2013 23:23

dimtim

I honestly dont know why they care so much about anti cameras at these club shows, why allow it to evaporate?... oh well, at least I hope they allow them in the big upcoming shows like they did in December... that was fun.

Date: April 28, 2013 23:23

Max'sKansasCity
What the hell? People who are thousands of miles away, and made no attempt to even go there, are still bitching about how unfair it is that certian people (who woirk hard at this) get to go to these shows? That is stupid talk. ANYBODY can do this. It is all very predictable at this point.

ANYBODY could have flown to LA knowing this warm up show was going to happen. ANYBODY could have gone for a ticket... AND THEN... if they didnt get in, then there might be some room for whining and crying and bitching and complaining... BUT TO NOT EVEN BE THERE, NOT EVEN BE IN THE CITY, TO NOT EVEN TRAVEL, TO NOT TRY FOR A TICKET AND STILL BE WHINING HOW UNFAIR IT ALL IS?? THAT IS FKG PATHEIC.

Exactly! A true hardcore fan will find a way!

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: April 28, 2013 23:26

here we go for anyone who can log in to facebook
mick in white

four pics

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-28 23:27 by maumau.

Date: April 28, 2013 23:28

JumpinJackOLantern
Max'sKansasCity

Hell, even a mild fan fan could find a way. It is not that big of deal, it is all very predictable at this point, which also makes me laugh about people whining about not being spoon fed more info. Like what info? . If you have to ask, you didnt do it right.

If you have to ask "DONT YOU KNOW MY NAME??!" You are not as famous as you thought.
http ://gawker.com/5995177/reese-witherspoon-arrested-shouts-do-you-know-my-name-at-police

Go work it.... go there.... just do it... and it will come. The harder you work the luckier you will get. And then if it doesnt, then at least you have story to tell.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-28 23:35 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: April 28, 2013 23:35

Max'sKansasCity
JumpinJackOLantern
Max'sKansasCity

Hell, even a mild fan fan could find a way. It is not that big of deal, it is all very predictable at this point, which also makes me laugh about people whining about not being spoon fed more info. Like what info? And really I wonder why/what people think thay do/did to deserve jack shit in info from anybody? Slef entitled BS.

Go work it.... go there.... just do it... and it will come. The harder you work the luckier you will get. And then if it doesnt, then at least you have story to tell.

I would love to see them do more surprise club gigs. Maybe another five years before we get there but I can envision them closing out their career doing exactly what they did yesterday. Imagine how cool that would be if they wrote new songs and showcased them at surprise club gigs.

Date: April 28, 2013 23:37

JumpinJackOLantern

I would love to see them do more surprise club gigs. Maybe another five years before we get there but I can envision them closing out their career doing exactly what they did yesterday. Imagine how cool that would be if they wrote new songs and showcased them at surprise club gigs.

That would be awesome.

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: April 28, 2013 23:38

straycatuk
It was loud as f**k at the O2. Our ears were ringing after a telecaster assault in the pit.

Keith's sound on the PPV broadcast was a joke - like he was playing in another building.

sc uk

You're right, the sound for the PPV was indeed a joke. However, I was at the live show and trust me, it was loud as hell, sound was just about perfect. I was shocked when I got home and watched the PPV I had recorded, didn't even sound like the same show.

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Date: April 28, 2013 23:39

Actually I wonder how the sound was last night.
Were the echos a problem? Is it as really as echoey as they say it is?

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: April 28, 2013 23:42

ya'll see this?

[wwwcrazymama.blogspot.com]

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 28, 2013 23:45

duke richardson
ya'll see this?

[wwwcrazymama.blogspot.com]

thanks Duke!

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: April 28, 2013 23:46

Fun to hear folks comment. The guy kills the video with all the repetition though!

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: April 28, 2013 23:48

Name comes from fact that the club is located in the Echo Park section of LA.

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: April 28, 2013 23:50

maumau
here we go for anyone who can log in to facebook
mick in white

four pics

Thank you, maumau!

Posted by: dimtim ()
Date: April 28, 2013 23:51

In response to "How was Little Queenie" it blew my mind neglected to mention that before. Not played live much and and a true Chuck Berry gem.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 28, 2013 23:55

I do not understand why some people are so interested in me as a person. I happen to spend my lifetime running this web site. For free. So far so good. While others are with their families I post on IORR. And travel to shows and reheareals wherever that takes me. I have five grandchildren who will miss me for three months now. My wife are used to it but these small kids don't know what is going on. Don't feel sorry for me. I am happy with that. But jealousy is poison in your body. It is an excuse for your own limitations. I see "bv this" and "bv that" from people who don't know me, they don't even have real names. Shame on them.

Don't be insuled or envy me my life. I started off with nothing, and just like anyone else I am just a fan, may be with a bigger addiction than normal, but I am just a fan. Everything I do is extreme. I do Kilimanjaro many times not once. I do the Stones as much as I can not once. I work 16 hours per day while others take breaks. I never give up when others call it the day. I am not rich. My economy and my life is private. I share my life with people I do know and trust, but I am a shy and private person, I don't owe anything to anyone. People call me names and threaten my life. Every week, and now every day. It is not new. Like I say envy is poison, and weak people may use envy to excuse their own needs or frustrations.

I did not invent the El Rey lottery. Don't blame me. I don't organize the Rolling Stones ticket sales. Don't blame me. I am not going to sit still at home while the Stones play at a place nearby or even remote. I do whatever it takes. I don't break the law. I don't take bribes. I have been getting many great offers for all sorts of things over the years, regarding the Stones, but I am not for sale. I write what I think.

Why didn't I post the fact that there was a club show Saturday night at the Echoplex, with ticket sales at the El Rey? Well I get rumours about club shows every week of the year. This week I have had 20-30 different rumours from dozens of trusted insiders. I do know many people. Many. The rumours have shifted all the time. If I post one of these rumours and I am wrong, then I will have a crowd and a queue outside the wrong location and everybody will blame me. I will have people on flights from all over the world to the wrong date or city.

IORR is here for your service. It served it's purpose this week, like it has been doing for soon 20 years. Fans can talk, share ideass, rumours, facts, dreams, reports may be found, set lists and events from rare places can be found. There are times when I think that enough is enough. I might shut down IORR.org in one minute, and it would be gode forever. That is when people call me names and question my integrity. I could spend more time with my wife and my family and friends. But then I say to myself they are the 1% people who blame others rather than themselves. Envy. They will not be allowed to take away the jou from the 99% rest of us. I will keep IORR running. I will keep my private life to myself and to my friends and family. Anyone are accepted as friends, but friendship is built on trust not threaths and insults.

Where I get my tickets from? I call Mick, he will tell me where the club show is, in fact he calls me. I book a business trip, drink champaign on the flight, stay at Four Seasons, the ticket is under my door on show day witn the prelimnary set list. There is no need for me to queue for tickets. I did not spend days working to get all sorted out for Glastonbury. My wife never ask me about those large numbers on our bank account every time the Stones tour. Life is easy. Elvis is still alive, and the earth is flat.

Bjornulf

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 28, 2013 23:57

Mathijs
In the end, I get a slight feeling nobody really gives a flying fvck about a club gig anymore...and I have the feeling nobody really seems to be that interested in a new Stones tour....

Mathijs

Que?

Bjornulf

Posted by: RocksOff714 ()
Date: April 29, 2013 00:01

Does anyone have a set list

Crash Landed In A Louisiana Swamp

Date: April 29, 2013 00:05

Where I get my tickets from? I call Mick, he will tell me where the club show is, in fact he calls me. I book a business trip, drink champaign on the flight, stay at Four Seasons, the ticket is under my door on show day witn the prelimnary set list.

Wow, I get my tickets the same way! What a coincidence..... Aint life Grand!

winking smiley

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: April 29, 2013 00:08

Mathijs

Mathijs

Are you feeling O.K. Mathijs?

This is one of the best pre-Stones tour feelings, amongst fans and press I can remember.

It's gonna be a great Tour this summer and maybe even longer.

You're getting to be ''A grumpy old/middle/young aged man''............no offence.

But you are. confused smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627...LastNext
Current Page: 22 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1497
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home