Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526...LastNext
Current Page: 21 of 28
Re: ***GIG TONIGHT AT ECHOPLEX - SMALL & INTIMATE!***
Date: April 28, 2013 20:51

Your integrity can not be bought, sold or stolen. You give it away freely. I'm done with this stupid thread.

Scotty

Date: April 28, 2013 21:02

Insiders out in the cold keep on slaggin Bjørnulf...

I can't believe what I'm reading - why do you keep on doing that - on his site, where many posters have spent decades talking about the band they love.

What do you wanna achieve by this - sympathy? Acknowledgement?

Date: April 28, 2013 21:05

GumbootCloggeroo
JumpinJeppeFlash
bv
I have barely been online since I left home in Norway Friday morning at 3am. It is now 62 hours ago. My priority has been on getting to see and hear The Rolling Stones as much as possible, as close as possible and not to loose any moment of whatever they did here in LA. I never got time to make the countown or publish news, because distances are so big, both from Norway to California, also between locations here in Los Angeles. Jetlag and being ovewhelmed by the Stones and they North American tour start is still keeping me a bit knocked out.

Banana and Grolch beer for breakfast. Perfect match for the patched setlist I have in front of me. It has got a handwritten "Rip This Joint" as number 9, replacing Miss You, and may be they planned it that way, with Mick Taylor entering there already. It would have been just perfect. Anyway, I can't complain. Mick Jagger signing for 20-30 fans out at the rehearsals the evening before, as they left. I could see how the excitement and the intensity of the fans was in the air.

"We're going" Mick said. And they left. They came back for BS and JJF. He gave us a final cliche saying "You gave us love, hope and understanding". He talked about the lottery, and made a bit of fun of it. To many it was a nightmare, not much fun. And Mick Taylor was waving Keith forward several times. What a strange show. Mick and Keith was so close and smiling big smiles to each others many times during the show. Just that part paid off for the entire hazzle of getting there.

The Mick Taylor solo on Midnigh Rambler paralyzed me, I did not expect it to be that strong. He added something extra which we have been missing since he left, something that is unique to Mick Taylor, his style and his playing. Yet, Ronnie had a great and extended solo which stood out like no others, so I need them both. I am looking forward to the complete show at the Staples Center next Friday, this was just a taster...

It would be very interesting to know how you manage to get in to these small shows over and over again. Who is helping you with tickets from the Stonescamp? This time somebody from the management must have helped you since it was a lottery. Or did you win your ticket the same way others did, don't think so.
And how does he find the time to travel the world to see all these shows? Doesn't he work? or is he retired? or is he Superman? I'm guessing he's Superman.

He is obviously blessed beyond belief. Nobody is that lucky.

Date: April 28, 2013 21:14

DandelionPowderman

I can't believe what I'm reading - why do you keep on doing that - on his site, where many posters have spent decades talking about the band they love.

Good things come to those that give of themselves freely. I don't know BV personally but it is obvious he has an abundance of good karma going for him.

Date: April 28, 2013 21:18

crumbling_mice
BV is a professional Stones fan - who cares how he gets his tickets or how he gets to the various gigs around the world - that's his business. I'd do the same if I could. I don;t blame him for not answering you either, he has provided this forum for years for free and all information that comes with it and that's enough. I'm glad he got in and hope he makes it to all the shows. >grinning smiley<

thumbs upthumbs up We should all be thrilled for BV. He represents all of us here at IORR.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 28, 2013 21:19

DandelionPowderman

Yeah, I agree with you Dandelion. With couple of the 'insiders' in particular here, I find nauseating reading their posts...take themselves a bit too seriously, are 'elitist' in their tone, and obviously people 'past their prime' trying to live in past glories. Dreamers, perhaps? I daresay low self esteem seems to be an overwhelming trait.

One of them is even sadly Canadian.

I'm also done with this thread. I could care less if they are 'insiders'...they have zero class.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-28 21:32 by treaclefingers.

Posted by: sweet things ()
Date: April 28, 2013 21:38

bv
Some people are worried about "wrong" fans got into the Echoplex gig for some reason. I was pretty close up Keith side, when I overheard the guy behind me said to the guy next to him "I was on the It's Only Rock'n Roll website ...". So you are not alone. We are not alone. We are too many for the Echoplex. Not space for everyone. That is the problem. I was there, and I can guarantee all fans at the show were real fans like you and me. Lucky fans that is.

Glad you got to go and thanks for providing fans with your wonderful site!
cool smiley

Date: April 28, 2013 21:41

sweet things
bv
Some people are worried about "wrong" fans got into the Echoplex gig for some reason. I was pretty close up Keith side, when I overheard the guy behind me said to the guy next to him "I was on the It's Only Rock'n Roll website ...". So you are not alone. We are not alone. We are too many for the Echoplex. Not space for everyone. That is the problem. I was there, and I can guarantee all fans at the show were real fans like you and me. Lucky fans that is.

Glad you got to go and thanks for providing fans with your wonderful site!
cool smiley

thumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 28, 2013 21:43

Thank you BV, and as always, thank you for the site. I don't understand how some people let their anger get out of control here. We can all have different opinions, but please, cool it with the nastiness.

Date: April 28, 2013 21:48

24FPS
Thank you BV, and as always, thank you for the site. I don't understand how some people let their anger get out of control here. We can all have different opinions, but please, cool it with the nastiness.

thumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: April 28, 2013 21:49

I've been using this site since the late '90's and it's great to have a common interest in The Rolling Stones.
Unfortunately,every now and again,you get a few that are full of their own importance .
They come and go like the seasons.
I feel sorry for one or two that are probably very nice people if you were to meet them.
They get jealous and it leads to bad feelings.
Sad realy.
All I'm interested in at the moment is ,having a good time,and The Rolling Stones Tour.
It's gonna be a great Summer.

Almost forgot................any more reviews of the gig last night. hot smiley

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: April 28, 2013 21:49

BV, glad you enjoyed the Echoplex gig...always fascinating to hear of your adventures.

You must be exhausted. I was a little puzzled by your words "final cliche" quoting Mick..."You gave us love, hope and understanding."

Sounded sincere to me. Am I wrong?

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: April 28, 2013 21:51

crawdaddy
I've been using this site since the late '90's and it's great to have a common interest in The Rolling Stones.
Unfortunately,every now and again,you get a few that are full of their own importance .
They come and go like the seasons.
I feel sorry for one or two that are probably very nice people if you were to meet them.
They get jealous and it leads to bad feelings.
Sad realy.
All I'm interested in at the moment is ,having a good time,and The Rolling Stones Tour.
It's gonna be a great Summer.

Almost forgot................any more reviews of the gig last night. hot smiley

Never a finer word spoken...now where are the reviews, photos and film clips!?

Posted by: mgguy ()
Date: April 28, 2013 21:51

Well, any pics of this awesome show?

BV, you are indeed the ultimate fan-kudos to you, my brotha.

I would venture to guess that you can spot the hidden vibes and nuances that ebb and flow between the band at any given venue and performance like no other!

Rockon!

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: April 28, 2013 21:53

treaclefingers
DandelionPowderman

Yeah, I agree with you Dandelion. With couple of the 'insiders' in particular here, I find nauseating reading there posts...take themselves a bit too seriously, are 'elitist' in their tone, and obviously people 'past their prime' trying to live in past glories. Dreamers, perhaps? I daresay low self esteem seems to be an overwhelming trait.

I'm also done with this thread. I could care less if they are 'insiders'...they have zero class.

thumbs up +1

The self-aggrandisement, self-congratulation, mutual admiration and use of speculative assumptions to cast aspersions just comes across as desperate attention-seeking. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't recall reading any "insider" info on here that would've specifically helped anyone get a ticket for last night.

And BV does more than enough already just providing this site.

Posted by: dimtim ()
Date: April 28, 2013 22:01

BV you must have been right in front of me on the Keith side as I did mention to someone that the only reason I found out about the show was the postings on this website. That is how and why I was in the lotto for the "Golden Ticket."
Kudos to you for all of your hard work on this website and would would love to buy you some good California IPA's before the Anaheim shows.

I met many in the show that received their tickets without dealing with the que at the El Rey. Its an industry town.

We all truly wish we all of the followers here were there in all honesty. I met so many great people yesterday.

"Love hope and understanding" or whatever Mick said.

Date: April 28, 2013 22:01

Beast
treaclefingers
DandelionPowderman

Yeah, I agree with you Dandelion. With couple of the 'insiders' in particular here, I find nauseating reading there posts...take themselves a bit too seriously, are 'elitist' in their tone, and obviously people 'past their prime' trying to live in past glories. Dreamers, perhaps? I daresay low self esteem seems to be an overwhelming trait.

thumbs up +1

The self-aggrandisement, self-congratulation, mutual admiration and use of speculative assumptions to cast aspersions just comes across as desperate attention-seeking. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't recall reading any "insider" info on here that would've specifically helped anyone get a ticket for last night.

There are two culprits in particular that remind me of the two grumpy old men on the muppets muttering between themselves. Beyond irritating.

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: April 28, 2013 22:07

24FPS

thumbs up

I don't know BV, perhaps he is Mick Jagger in Person, i really don't care, but i Love this Site and his work ... This jealous bashing from some others "Insiders" is Kindergarten ....

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: April 28, 2013 22:11

swiss
JumpinJeppeFlash
Matt Lee is in. Not a big surprise with his connections to the band.

Who is Matt Lee? smiling smiley

Did BV get a ticket?

Matt Lee is a personal friend of Ronnie's and sells his art prints at a better price than anyone else. He also sells limited edition Stones books such as those published by Genesis (did I get that publisher right??). He also has a large personal collection of Stones memorabilia, some of which he sells. I had the privilege of getting a personal tour of his memorabilia at his house in London in 2008 and he will likely do the same for you.

plexi

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-28 22:21 by timbernardis.

Date: April 28, 2013 22:13

muenke
24FPS

thumbs up

I don't know BV, perhaps he is Mick Jagger in Person, i really don't care, but i Love this Site and his work ... This jealous bashing from some others "Insiders" is Kindergarten ....

Yeah, I forgot to say thank you...THANK YOU BV!

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: April 28, 2013 22:19

Did any Stonesviking attend the club gig?

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: April 28, 2013 22:19

Thanks BV for running a great forum smiling smiley

Anyone who was there have any reviews? How did Little Queenie sound?

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: April 28, 2013 22:24

treaclefingers
Beast
treaclefingers
DandelionPowderman

thumbs up +1

There are two culprits in particular that remind me of the two grumpy old men on the muppets muttering between themselves. Beyond irritating.

I have the right to my opinion whatever you say. And there are many fans who never will get a ticket to a small club or theatre show who would deserve a ticket more than somebody who already seen about every single club/theatre gig in the past 20 years.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-28 22:25 by JumpinJeppeFlash.

Date: April 28, 2013 22:30

muenke
24FPS

thumbs up

I call it LHOS. Lee Harvey Oswald Syndrome. Sometimes known as Jealous Rat Male Syndrome.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: April 28, 2013 22:43

I will wait til July 13 to have my great moment with Mick Taylor back on stage - hopefully playing a handfull songs

Date: April 28, 2013 22:45

Back to the topic: can someone pleeeeeaaase load up some pics from the Gig?

smileys with beer

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: April 28, 2013 22:46

muenke
Back to the topic: can someone pleeeeeaaase load up some pics from the Gig?

smileys with beer

And some videos from Midnight Rambler and Love in Vain.

Date: April 28, 2013 22:48

mtaylor
I will wait til July 13 to have my great moment with Mick Taylor back on stage - hopefully playing a handfull songs

Just one day after their 51st birthday.

Date: April 28, 2013 22:50

mtaylor

Just bought 2 tix for that gig a few minutes ago drinking smiley

Date: April 28, 2013 22:50

JumpinJeppeFlash
treaclefingers
Beast
treaclefingers
DandelionPowderman

thumbs up +1

I have the right to my opinion whatever you say. And there are many fans who never will get a ticket to a small club or theatre show who would deserve a ticket more than somebody who already seen about every single club/theatre gig in the past 20 years.

I don't think this was aimed at you, Jeppe.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526...LastNext
Current Page: 21 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1993
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home