Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Did you ever take acid going to a concert ?
Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: February 20, 2005 00:50

I did.

It was the Kinks.

Bad memory.

Re: Did you ever take acid going to a concert ?
Posted by: SatanicFlowers ()
Date: February 20, 2005 04:10

Pink Floyd - 1994 - San Diego, California

....Very cool, but very scary at times.
Locked eyes with many people that were "on".

Those days of trippin are long past,
just stick to the herb and hops now!

- Thru our past darkly...

Posted by: davido ()
Date: February 20, 2005 04:14

Most of seventies were an
acid concert haze for me.
Saw most of the classic
rock bands that way,
last time for Stones
was Buffalo 78.

Posted by: rovalle ()
Date: February 20, 2005 07:11

are you kidding? i graduated HIGH school 1967...we used to take acid to go the market much less a show...atom heart mother tour at the santa monica civic auditorium we were sitting about seventh row center....at the start of "careful with that axe eugene" a guy sitting in the second or first row of the orchestra pit jumped up with his hands cupped over his ears screaming "stop! stop!" roger waters walked to the edge of the stage and kneeled down and spoke to him trying to calm him down i guess and then the guy's friends walked him out of the aud into the lobby...we all looked at each other with a gigantic sigh of relief like "shit, that could've been me!" on a less happy (!!!) note...at the LA coliseum show (the one where prince got booed off the stage) a guy came walking through the crowd selling hits of blotter...between my friends and me we bought about ten hits...he was selling 'em for two bucks a pop...he sold at least thirty others while he was in our area...he had a baggie with what looked like twenty sheets in it....20-30 minutes later nothing...an hour later, nothing....we all looked at each other and realized the little prick had sold us cardboard...he must've worked his way through the crowd and sold out and then fled the scene....to this day i still want to kick his ass....still a good show though

Date: February 20, 2005 09:40

I usually smoke weed and do coke....
BUT i did do acid once at KISS Reunion Tour 1996
Really Fun!

Posted by: Sjouke ()
Date: February 20, 2005 10:51

I usually get high from my "boterham met pindakaas".... and the music does the rest.

sjouke

Posted by: bartman ()
Date: February 20, 2005 12:14

I smoked some grass when I was at Aerosmith concert...The music sounds much better when you in upper levels...

Date: February 20, 2005 12:27

Many, many, many a Grateful Dead concert did I see...............Winterland......ah the good old days.......

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: February 20, 2005 12:43

Don't you get capital punishment in the US if you smoke a joint? So, in one way Americans hate Holland for the liberal policy we have on soft drugs, in the other they all visit gigs drugged up and spent the entire summer in Dutch coffee shops blowing their minds out. Isn't that hypocrit?

Mathijs

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: February 20, 2005 13:05

Dear Mathijs, I love your guitar sound, you a real Stones fan, expert, whatever, I'm sad FTS splits ..

But please don't start fight like this, I prefer Mathjis-the-musician rather than Mathjis-the-politician (the first role suits you much better) remember the music you love is mostly US-origin

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 20, 2005 13:27

I think there is something wrong with the logics here. Just because you go to the Netherlands don't mean you go there to blow your mind. I have been to the Netherlands many times but not for blowing my mind.

Quote: "they all visit gigs drugged up". I haven't seen more drugged up people in the Netherlands than other places. And most people are not drugged up.

Posted by: Manhattan ()
Date: February 20, 2005 13:35

No politics, please!!!

Remember, It's only rock and roll, but I like it.

Let people do what they want as long as they do not hurt other people.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: February 20, 2005 13:38

We're all gonna need someone we can lean on after the gathering in Amsterdam on the next tour........
smiling smiley

JumpingKentFlash

Date: February 20, 2005 13:46

bv Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think there is something wrong with the logics
> here. Just because you go to the Netherlands don't
> mean you go there to blow your mind. I have been
> to the Netherlands many times but not for blowing
> my mind.

I am talking about the Americans whom visit Amsterdam to get stoned and to get laid. In the summer, 80% of the people in coffee shops in Amsterdam are Americans, enjoying the fruits of our liberal policy. I don't condemn people doing drugs (I love a good joint once in a while), but I condemn the hypocrits. And, I was just having fun on a sunday morning.

Mathijs

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: February 20, 2005 13:55

Going to a Stones show and get high? Hmmm...
Is there any other way?

Posted by: Dayokay ()
Date: February 20, 2005 14:26

I did acid before a Wembley concert once. Bit scary, but what I remember was that whichever bandmember I was looking at became instantly much louder. Like a mixing desk in my head! I had a lot of fun with that.

Dayo

Posted by: wild_horse_pete ()
Date: February 20, 2005 14:30

the whole 90`s were a acid trip for me, and yes i`m from holland, and no i never go to coffeeshops.

Posted by: jss ()
Date: February 20, 2005 14:49

did 'shrooms once before an eric clapton show...that in tow with beer and gin made for a good show
alas, now it's just strong coffee and cigarettes before the shows...

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 20, 2005 15:13

I have heard you will close the coffee shops for foreigners and also may be the red light district so then if your theory is right there will be no more Americans in Amsterdam. But I don't think most Americans go to Holland for this reason. I believe Americans are honest and hard working people like the rest of us.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Manhattan ()
Date: February 20, 2005 17:48

bv - I don't really get it. Are tou suggesting that people who smoke some pot aren't honest and hard working? How did you come up with a theory like that. Please, feel free to explain your train of thought here. Btw, I recall that you've been asking people on this board to think before they type. I hope that suggestion goes for you too.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: February 20, 2005 18:01

No acid - a transexual.

Date: February 20, 2005 18:33

Chelsea writes;

>>Going to a Stones show and get high? Hmmm...
>>Is there any other way?

We thought it was fun in the sixties and
seventies but there was a high casualty rate,
not only the obvious druggie deaths like Jones,
Hendrix, Joplin but a lot of burnt out pot headed
ex hippies today. With acid you really are screwing
around with your mind, definately a dead end.
If you can't just let it flow and enjoy the
music and life on it's own merits then
you probably got a problem, or one
in the making, and I seriously
doubt in the long run the drugs
are going to do you much good.
Not a popular position to take,
I expect flack on this one, but
i don't doubt it needs to be said.

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: February 20, 2005 20:21

Mathijs Wrote:
> Don't you get capital punishment in the US if you
> smoke a joint? So, in one way Americans hate
> Holland for the liberal policy we have on soft
> drugs, in the other they all visit gigs drugged up
> and spent the entire summer in Dutch coffee shops
> blowing their minds out. Isn't that hypocrit?
>
> Mathijs

You sound like such an ignorant piece of crap!

Date: February 20, 2005 20:40

Hound Dog Wrote:
> Mathijs Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> You sound like such an ignorant piece of crap!
>

Well, why is that? Please explain.

Mathijs
ps btw, read today in the paper that even the president of the Glorious United Stated smoked pot, used cocaine and had an alcohol problem. I truly don't care about that (never judge someone for something you do yourself too), but he lied about it!

ps 2 BV: In Holland you have to proove your over 18 to buy weed, and in some boarder cities they don't sell to Frenchmen and Germans, as they come in by shiploads and cause some troubles in the smaller cities, especially in the south of Holland.

Date: February 20, 2005 22:20

Many seem unaware that not all Americans support Bush and
his right wing agenda, and indeed the country is pretty
sharply split along these lines, when we look at the
popular vote during the last election. I don't
like many of the Ugly American attitudes
others are criticizing here, but know
alot of Yanks aren't really like this
at all, and maybe embarrased by these
attitudes as well. In short no one
group of people is completely
homogenous/ the same, so to
just label all of them
ignorant in this way
is wrong/ incorrect.
Perhaps the Stones and
other rock acts tend to draw
a more radical crowd, but every
time I've gone to concerts stateside
I've seen ALOT of dope smoking, drugs,
so I kinda doubt they have to go to Europe to get
high. Perhaps they like the more relaxed laws
in some parts there, indeed we get many coming to
Canada for these reasons too, whenever things get too
uptight there, they seem to flock here, like during
the sixites/ seventies, Vietnam and all. I digress,
but since the Bush reelection there are rumours we
may see anther Exodus very soon. We'll see.

Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: February 20, 2005 22:56

Never took acid at a concert, but listened to many LPs while tripping--it made "Satanic Majesties" quite an experience. "2000 Light Years From Home" indeed.

Posted by: mandu ()
Date: February 21, 2005 01:07

did some acid when i lived in australia
my 1st trip was very nice and watched gimme shelter on video

done xTc alot and i love listening to the stones on that

i took some good smoke to the voodoo lounge concert in brisbane australia offerd it to people around me no one wanted to smoke so somked by myself and had a fantastic time

Posted by: Potted Shrimp ()
Date: February 21, 2005 01:21

Mathijs Wrote:
> ps 2 BV: In Holland you have to proove your over
> 18 to buy weed, and in some boarder cities they
> don't sell to Frenchmen and Germans, as they come
> in by shiploads and cause some troubles in the
> smaller cities, especially in the south of
> Holland.

I must agree. I Work life and work in a southern city in Holland. 95% of ALL people visiting from abroad come here for one thing only.....drugs. I don't care as long as they 'behave', but usually they don't........ (after taking loads of drugs before they hit the road back home). They think that just because Holland is liberal towards drugs, they will tolarate just about everything else!

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: February 21, 2005 02:03

Mathijs. over the past two years I have come to respect a lot of what you post, but then at times you loose me.

When you post about American attitudes and your view of us, your posts often resonate with the same blind un-informed prejudiced views that you accuse all Americans of; it seems that you have the same bigoted ideas ABOUT us that you claim to hate IN us. Let me tell you, America is a huge place full of disenting opinions.

I live on a tiny Pacifc Ilsand where maybe only 5% of the population is even Caucasion, and English is not the native tonque, and yet, we are part of America and proud of it. Myself, I grew up in the "heartland," Indiana, as red as a state can get where Bush is hero worshipped. I do not support a lot of what Bush does.In fact on many social issues George and I are diametrically opposed.

When you estimate 80% of the population in the coffee shops to be American, does it ever occur to you that that number, while it may seem large to you, is probably much less than 2% of the US population? 75% of Americans do not even have a passport, most with passports do not visit Amsteredam, not as a case of prejudice but as a point of Mathematics. Of those that visit, many like myself never smoke while we are there so the two % is a probably a great exageration for your benefit, and yet you want to typify all of us by that number. In doing so, however, you forgive your native countrymen that pander to the people that you are criticizing. By your logic, I would have to assume that all of your countrymen have a problem with Americans and that those coffeeshop owners that serve Americans are indeed hypopcrites and thus by extension your entire country is full of hypocrites. In the extreme application of your logic, I would have to say the Dutch are all whores putting their moral conviction behind them while attempting to suck up US dollars in their coffeeshops. I know better than that and wish that on occasion you would let your anti-American sentiments scala down enough to take a look at the big picture of my fellow citizens. I also wish to inform you that those people in the coffee shops are hardly hypocritical: they smoke weed at home no matter what the law says. The coffee shops are not full of people that are anti-drug crusaders at home coming to Amsterdam to try it all for the first time or hide their use from their political partners.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-02-21 08:45 by kahoosier.

Posted by: ripthisjoint ()
Date: February 21, 2005 03:10

my preference is whores cocaine and a bottle of Jack

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1456
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home