Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Did you ever take acid going to a concert ?
Posted by: marston ()
Date: February 21, 2005 04:31

Drugs are bad! All drugs, even "harmless" weed. The best you can get from them is wasted time. Even the Stones have realized that.

Posted by: bombayturner ()
Date: February 21, 2005 06:47

Never had to look far in a stones croud for a drag and never to find anyone to join me. In fact me very first joint i got in a stones show and i never looked back.
Acid & stones, no, never tried, am shitscared about 'chemicals' and for me it was always a tecno drug for the idiots to endure that crap music. However once acid jazz found its way...well. But you never get the same high than the first ones and than you get tired of trying.
Agree with Chelsea (good to see you back), stones-show and no-high don't go together, it just flows and flows and smokes and smokes and before you realise, mostly before the main show starts, you are STONED and that's the way it should be, yeah.

And Mathjis, i am very greatful for your liberal laws on soft drugs, saved us a lot hassle those days. And i would have liked to see the same liberalism in germany towards drugs, foreigners and social issues. Unfortunately you are paying a high price now as some foreigners and local dickheads don't appreciate your liberalism but with no hesitation prosper from it themselves.

That Bush was/is a drunkert and cokehead anybody knew, just look at him.

And btw you can't deny that all your greatest albums were done in a stupor of drug abuse, never forget that.

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: February 21, 2005 08:48

LOL, Mathijs got me off track and I never answered of the post. I saw plenty of shows in the 70's on Acid, and acid is what made the debacle of Cleveland 78 tolerable. Nowdays, I go to all the shows pretty much sober. Have had too many concerts from 20 plus years ago that I wish I remembered more.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: February 21, 2005 13:11

Never know what to say when it comes to drugs discussions.

I don't do drugs, I don't even smoke, but I am not against drugs. Simply I'm not interested. Drugs here are easy to buy, and not even too expensive. I've been offered so many times I can't count them. I don't think that doing drugs is "cool", but it ain't evil either!

Every time I see CS blues (the movie) I can't help feeling sad. I've seen it before in real life: cocaine and heroin here in Milano are just as common as cigarettes. I've lost good friends because of drugs, but I know that for many of them drugs were the only way to get through the day.

I know I can't relate closely with people who abuse drugs: they might be fun every now and then, but on the long term they are too far away. Not from my moral standards (which, as a matter of fact, I don't have) but from what I like of life.

C

Posted by: Smalltowns ()
Date: February 21, 2005 15:11

I think there's nothing wrong with smoking pot! The Germans favorite holiday country is holland so i don't think that not only the americans go there to get stoned every day!

Date: February 21, 2005 15:52

<The best you can get from them is wasted time. Even the Stones have realized that.>

Don't be so sure smiling smiley

Posted by: R ()
Date: February 21, 2005 17:47

"80% of the people in coffee shops in Amsterdam are Americans, enjoying the fruits of our liberal policy. I don't condemn people doing drugs (I love a good joint once in a while), but I condemn the hypocrits."

Those same people smoke dope when they are home in the States. Nothing hypocritical about it. Just another reason to bash Americans apparently.

I did acid before the Stones show in Cleveland in '78. It wore before the Stones cam on thankfully. The concert itself was bummer enough.

Posted by: Tseverin ()
Date: February 21, 2005 18:58

I prefer acid in a field on a summer's day with a small group of friends but having said that I have been on the bus at several gigs. The 'heaven and hell' drug can often be both within the same gig! I think large crowds in confined spaces aren't necessarily conducive to good trips. I've been close to freaking out on a number of occasions though when it's going well ilt's like an epiphany. I think the thought of losing it and missing part of a Stones show has always put me off acid in favour of other drugs but I remember a fantastic Patti Smith show at the Hollywood Palladium in 1980 and Echo & The Bunnymen at the London Rainbow '79.

Posted by: Stikkyfinger ()
Date: February 21, 2005 19:47

I sometimes have 3 or 4 Strepsils at one of our gigs - does that count???

Regards,

Ian.

Rolling Stones Tribute

Play Rolling Stones

Posted by: Tseverin ()
Date: February 21, 2005 23:26

If you're a member of Westlife, then probably yes.

Posted by: Ket ()
Date: February 21, 2005 23:35

I took acid at a Steve Miller concert in Berkeley, it was fun but we really peaked after the show and ended up in San Francisco cruising around North Beach just high as a kite, a good time. I have not taken it in years but I always used to have fun, never a bad time. The only bad thing is that the high does last a bit too long.

Posted by: MisterD ()
Date: February 21, 2005 23:57

I got two words for you. Grateful Dead.

Date: February 22, 2005 00:00

Tseverin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If you're a member of Westlife, then probably yes.

Neat answer!!!!!

Regards,

Ian.

Rolling Stones Tribute

Play Rolling Stones

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: February 22, 2005 10:49

Haha lol this last post (while probably well meaning) is just a perfect example of why it is futile and counterproducitive to discuss politicks, economicks or sociology in this forum.
Now BV is "xposed" as the racial purist he really is...
BV tried in one statement to disarm the whole thead and lay a silly discussion to sleep. No HE stands accused of this clusterf*ck! LOL

Posted by: Happy Jack ()
Date: February 22, 2005 18:26

Since everyone is talking about dropping acid at a concert, im curious to know if anyone got stoned at a beatles concert? I mean getting stoned and barely being able to listen to a "trippy" song like "I wanna be your man", or "I feel fine" must have been awesome, hahahaha. Any thoughts?

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: February 22, 2005 20:28

Mathijs,
I assume it was you sending me the anti-American hate email. Thanks, those were some nice things you said about Sept. 11, me and so on. You know to some of us Sept. 11 was a terrible day, especially those who knew people involved.

It has always been clear how much you hate Americans by your numerous comments and views about how all Americans have the same beliefs. (which is far from the truth) However, I don't come here to discuss politics, I come here to discuss the band I am passionate about, the Stones. And unlike you, I don't judge people based on where they are from. This will be my last post here for a while and it is too bad because I really enjoy this site and have met some wonderful people here.

Date: February 22, 2005 21:41

Hound Dog Wrote:
> Mathijs,
> I assume it was you sending me the anti-American
> hate email. Thanks, those were some nice things
> you said about Sept. 11, me and so on. You know to
> some of us Sept. 11 was a terrible day, especially
> those who knew people involved.
>
> It has always been clear how much you hate
> Americans by your numerous comments and views
> about how all Americans have the same beliefs.
> (which is far from the truth) However, I don't
> come here to discuss politics, I come here to
> discuss the band I am passionate about, the
> Stones. And unlike you, I don't judge people based
> on where they are from. This will be my last post
> here for a while and it is too bad because I
> really enjoy this site and have met some wonderful
> people here.
>
> Gonna find my way to heaven, cause I did my time
> in hell

If he's bugging you - ignore him!!

The rest of us do.....

Regards,

Ian.

Rolling Stones Tribute

Play Rolling Stones

Posted by: eric ()
Date: February 22, 2005 21:47

Mister D- I am with you! 5 shows and never made it past the party in the parking lot. Swore each time that no Acid or shrooms.. nope everytime! and ended up with people I never saw before... or since!

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: February 22, 2005 23:04

Hound Dog Wrote:
> Mathijs,
> I assume it was you sending me the anti-American
> hate email. Thanks, those were some nice things
> you said about Sept. 11, me and so on. You know to
> some of us Sept. 11 was a terrible day, especially
> those who knew people involved.
>
> It has always been clear how much you hate
> Americans by your numerous comments and views
> about how all Americans have the same beliefs.
> (which is far from the truth) However, I don't
> come here to discuss politics, I come here to
> discuss the band I am passionate about, the
> Stones. And unlike you, I don't judge people based
> on where they are from. This will be my last post
> here for a while and it is too bad because I
> really enjoy this site and have met some wonderful
> people here.

Hound Dog, I know exactly how absolutely innoying it is to recieve hatemails by persons you don't know because of things you may have said on boards like this. Quite often (more in the past, but that doesn't matter) I have received hate mails because of my strong opinions on the Stones and on politics. Please trust me and believe me if I say to you that I would NEVER lower myself to send hate mails of any kind to anybody. All my opinions are open for everybody to know. You might dissagree with them, but then we can have a civilised and open discussion about it. Further, the hate mails sent to me never stopped me from posting on these message boards, and I hope it won't stop you too.

This is not the place now to explain my feelings about America and it's politics. There are certain things I don't understand about America and its society -guns, capital punishment, anti-abortion, the extreme form of patriotism - but I have never ever stated anywhere that I "hate Americans" or that I approve of 9/11.

Mathijs

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: February 22, 2005 23:09

ps Hound DOg, if you wish (I do), please email me privetaly at "[email protected]".

Mathijs

Date: February 22, 2005 23:44

For myself, Mathijs, the fact that you admit that you do not understand Americans, is as close to an apology as I would ever need from you to mainatin my respect for you. Hell, don't feel alone, I grew up in America and do not undrestand Americans!

Hound Dog, I am sorry that this has happened to you but please do not leave the board. There will be A** Holes no matter where you go. I have been fortunate enough to not get any hate mail, and instead have met many interesting people from around the world here. Most are kind, and those that I have contact with off the board have been generous. I look forward to meeting many on the next tour face to face.

Posted by: Potted Shrimp ()
Date: February 23, 2005 00:02

Kahoosier! How did you like the tapes!! (to change the subject a bit............)

Date: February 23, 2005 03:35

So sorry Potted Srimp that i did not get back to you...Loved them all...I am really surprised that the Mickboy remixes are so good!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-02-23 03:35 by kahoosier.

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: February 23, 2005 14:22

WHOOOO! Kahoosier you are my hero! What a ...ummm classy educated putdown that was in your last post. Hats off.
So in some late thread kahoosier you mention re. Cleveland 78 that it was a totla mess. I didn't know that. Why did they just mega-re-release that show? Wasn't it VinylGang? I can see the cover on Hendrik's site. Can't remember the show though. Always though it was only JFK 78 that sucked. Always pissed me off because it was a show I attended.

Posted by: WAYNEP ()
Date: February 24, 2005 18:30

I wish kahoosier woulld have told me to take acid for Cleveland in 1978 at the time...pot & booze didn't help that nightmare at all.

Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: February 25, 2005 00:17

Hey Hound Dog......why do you care what other people think of Americans? I'm American and I don;t give a f#$k what people think becuase they don;t live here and they don't know what it's like so their opinions are uninformed and therefore quite useless.. If I were to bash the Brits without ever living there, then I would be wrong to do so.

Where the hell is Diedre? Still on her Lent repent?

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: February 25, 2005 05:23

Strange Days have found us
Strange Days have tracked us down
They´re goin to destroy
Our casual joy
We shall go on playing
or find a New Town

...So sad; grown-ups havin a competition of how much drugs they´ve taken.

What a sad bunch many of ya´all are.

´Cause we´ve all been smoking spliffs and stuff,
but I´m proud to say I never touched acid.

If you cant get high from your own mind, your a weak person if you need
chemichals or shit or smack or any-f***ing thing to achieve this.

Keith is the toughest hero on this planet; but thats goddamm it not cause he has been on H for 12-13 years; rather cause he could quit it.

Grow up! Grab a beer & be like a real Stones hard core fan, full of life!

Posted by: davido ()
Date: February 25, 2005 05:54

I still believe life itself
is the only high, one just has
to let it flow. Anything else is
artificial, induced from without,
doesn't come from within.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2026
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home