Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Framed Signed Bootleg in Store- Fraud!
Posted by: Mr. Jimi ()
Date: April 23, 2013 21:43

I was in a frame store the other day in Reading, MA. The owner had a framed signed stones bootleg in the back room. I checked it out and ended up bursting his bubble completely . . .

The framed signed bootleg was kinda nice. On each side was the records, and in the middle was the bootleg, I think it was the back. It was titled European Tour 1970, no other city or date information. The picture was a pic of Keith, Charlie, and Brian circa 1967! As we all know, in the bootleg world its common to have pictures from other eras, but this one was purportedly signed by Keith, Charlie, and Brian!!!!!!!

I asked the owner about it, and he said a guy brought it in and he was a bit "shady". I had to explain to him that the picture didn't match the Tour and above all poor Brian died prior to the 1970 tour! Oh man, you should have seen the look on his face. I then explained that perhaps he came from the dead and signed it, or the bootleg creator had a crystal ball and dreamed up 1970 European tour and then had Brian sign it. Just awful . . . I will try to get a pic, going there again in next couple of days.

Re: Framed Signed Bootleg in Store- Fraud!
Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: April 23, 2013 21:52

Sad. Although if the guy admits the person that brought it was "shady", it sounds like he's sort of the idiot. If you have any doubts, especially about something like a signed item which could ALWAYS easily be faked, I don't know why you'd just take someone's word for it. Sorry that he got duped, but it doesn't sound like the guy did any research or inspection to make sure it was real.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: April 23, 2013 21:52

Oh, my goodness, you mean The Stones won't even sign the bootlegs people make of them? Well, I never!....

What about the frame? Was the frame at least from a reputable picture framer? With bootlegs, authenticity is everything.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: April 23, 2013 21:54

Maybe it was a different Brian who signed it.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: April 23, 2013 21:58

GravityBoy

Or one of the others signed it on his behalf for a Laugh.

Posted by: Mr. Jimi ()
Date: April 23, 2013 22:05

His Majesty
GravityBoy

Or one of the others signed it on his behalf for a Laugh.

I need to get a picture of it cause you guys would love it. The signatures are crisp dark blue felt tip pens, with no aging whatsoever . . . so bad

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: April 23, 2013 22:16

Does anyone remember the signed by the band copy of "Let It Bleed" that also included Brian's signature? It popped up on ebay a few years back and was the subject of much mirth here...

Posted by: Spodlumt ()
Date: April 24, 2013 00:08

I saw a fake poster of a Stones concert they played in California in 1976 (they toured Europe in '76)) and the picture was from 1980. I laughed out loud.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: April 24, 2013 00:15

stonehearted
Oh, my goodness, you mean The Stones won't even sign the bootlegs people make of them? Well, I never!....

What about the frame? Was the frame at least from a reputable picture framer? With bootlegs, authenticity is everything.

Actually, a friend of mine got his copy of Reverse Blues signed by Keith & Charlie in Montreal as they were walking into the hotel.
Charlie even put his name in the bass drum on the cover photo.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: April 24, 2013 00:16

andrewt

Charlie has probably never looked at any of the official album covers.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: April 24, 2013 03:12

GravityBoy
andrewt

Charlie has probably never looked at any of the official album covers.

He did say he hadn't seen it, so my buddy said it was a bootleg. He gave it Ronnie to sign but Ronnie knew it was Taylor era so he demurred. True story.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-24 03:23 by andrewt.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: April 24, 2013 05:10

They will sign boots! I got Ronnie to sign a copy of Lacerated. He was very cool about it, "hallo! What's this? One of those funny records. Yeah, hand it over, this will make it worth more for you!" He was laughing and very VERY cool about it.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: April 24, 2013 13:34

Cool story whitem8

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1401
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home