Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: I Love U2
Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: February 19, 2005 23:15

Some folks here despise them, but I'm not ashamed to admit that I love their music AND the live performances. I got a copy of the Zoo-TV concert, and it is an amazing multimedia experience. Perhaps it is because I'm of Irish heritage, so it is in my blood from way back, but I CAN identify with these guys. They are an enigma, because Bono is identified with causes, but the flipside is the whole band's fierce individualism. They are close as friends, but are very different personality-wise. The simple fact that their core lineup hasn't changed thru the years is impressive.

Re: OT: I Love U2
Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: February 20, 2005 00:29

Alright, right now I'm listening to the audio from the 2001 Boston show--great show, fantastic sound--how could a rock n'roll fan NOT like this? "I Will Follw" and " Sunday Bloody Sunday" were just played.

Posted by: rovalle ()
Date: February 20, 2005 07:50

cuz they are boring

Posted by: Sjouke ()
Date: February 20, 2005 10:50

Yesterday I listened to the first three albums Boy, October and War. I think all their albums are reallygreat (Pop is maybe the only not so good album). and let's face it: they are currently the hottest band around. At least the most wanted band - I have never seen such fast selling outs for concerts, not even with the Stones.

sjouke

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: February 20, 2005 13:59

I happen to dig U2 myself.
And to bassplayer: if they lift you up then all is well. That alone is reason for them to carry on.
Now if we wanted to discuss each album/song/guitartrack etc in detail one probably should slide on over to a U2 site.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1435
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home