Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

When is the 1st LA "ASTERIK" show going to finally be decided????
Posted by: ronkeith72 ()
Date: April 22, 2013 18:07

Will somebody PLEASE implore the Stones, the Promoter and the Staples Center to settle on a date already. I can't wait until April 30th to make plane reservations from CT to LA for a May 2nd Asterik show. It'll end up costing me a freaking $1000 to fly because its so close to the date. I'm not a wealthy man but cmon folks, lets just pick a date that we know the Lakers and Kings are out of town and stick with it. It just can't be that hard can it????

Re: When is the 1st LA "ASTERIK" show going to finally be decided????
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 22, 2013 18:28

I just can't fathom your lack of commitment ronkeith.

Date: April 22, 2013 18:31

I just can't fathom your open checkbook treaclefingers. Thanks for your valuable insight.

Posted by: Still A Fool ()
Date: April 22, 2013 19:00

Couldn't agree more. They should sort this out ASAP. Surely they have enough info now to made a decision so thousands of people can make their travel plans. Are they seriously waiting for game 5 of the Lakers series on April 30th?

Posted by: Alfonz ()
Date: April 22, 2013 19:03

I think it is quite likely the Lakers will get knocked out in 4 or 5, so the current May 2nd date might stand.

It is still up in the air whether the Kings will start at home (it might come down to the last game of season on Sat night vs Sharks).

But I'm not sure why they don't just assume that all 3 parties will need the arena and work out a schedule ... e.g. Kings 30th, Stones 1st, Lakers 2nd, Kings 3rd. If the Kings finish 5th, or the Lakers bomb out ... it doesn't really matter.

I'd hope they aren't waiting until Sunday night to find out if the Lakers have been swept, and if the Kings are starting home or away.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 22, 2013 19:03

Ronkeith: I'll pray that the Lakers get knocked out of the playoffs as early as possible. I always do anyway.

Posted by: AJDuffer ()
Date: April 22, 2013 20:13

Totally agree from Minnesota. Difficult to plan with such such short notice. I wish they could at least identify the alternative date if it is NOT May 2nd so we can plan accordingly. Go Spurs!

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: April 22, 2013 20:20

2 May*

Is it an asterisk or rather a symbol representing an exponent with a number to be determined?

Date: April 22, 2013 21:18

that's exactly my sentiment. For example, if they said 3 weeks ago, it's either May 2nd or depending upon the playoffs, they reserve the right to switch it to May 1st or May 3rd. If they did that then everybody could have already made their travel/hotel arrangements with those dates in mind. The problem is they could switch it to May 16th, May 19th making it too much of a gamble to make recervations. This is really a very poor effort by the Stones Mangement and the Staples Center and if they have any business savvy, which I'm sure they both do, they should realize that this could end up being an extremely bad public relations nightmare!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 22, 2013 23:25

ronkeith72
I just can't fathom your open checkbook treaclefingers. Thanks for your valuable insight.

I wouldn't spend actual money...that's why I use a credit card.

Posted by: Alfonz ()
Date: April 22, 2013 23:55

I forgot when posting earlier that the Clippers are scheduled for the 30th (if Game 5 necessary, and I think it would be unlikely they sweep Memphis). So there could be the scenario that sports teams need the venue for 4 nights.

They could put the Kings on the 1st & 4th and have the Stones play on the 2nd or 3rd, depending on the Lakers.

If the NHL wants the Kings to play on the 1st and 3rd (and all 2012 playoff series apart from the Stanley Cup had only 1 day break between Game 1 and 2), then there may be an unlikely situation that the Stones show gets cancelled or completely rescheduled, possibly after the May 20 show. Perhaps that is why they have left a 5 day window there.

What would be easiest for all is that the Lakers get bundled out quickly.

Posted by: AJDuffer ()
Date: April 23, 2013 03:13

I just wish the Stones and/or Staple Center would let us fans know what the back up options are. A last-minute plane ticket from Minnesota out of this snowstorm could be much more costly than the concert ticket if they keep delaying the news.

Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: April 23, 2013 10:33

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: April 23, 2013 14:37

Limbostooooooooonneee!!!! OOh dear!!! Hillaarious!!! Also thought about the Little gaellic bugger while Reading the topic couple of Days ago.

Date: April 23, 2013 22:34

Really,they are being totally ridiculous. With everything else going on I'm not entirely sure that the Lakers being swept will help all that much. Besides, they're probably going to steal at least 1 or 2 games from the Spurs. At this point, I hope they just put it off until the end of May or June so we can all afford to fly and see them.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 24, 2013 00:09

What in the hell were the Stones thinking when they planned this?
A little research on venue availability would have avoided ALOT of headaches for everyone involved.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: April 24, 2013 01:52

Just read on pollstar.com that the show is on May 3.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: April 24, 2013 01:53

DGA35
Just read on pollstar.com that the show is on May 3.

correct.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1517
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home