Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5
Re: MICK JAGGER PLEASE STOP PLAYING IT SAFE!!!
Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: April 24, 2013 17:15

JumpinJackOLantern
Munichhilton
JumpinJackOLantern
BingotheCabbie
I tend to think of The Stones as performers instead of musicians. Eric Clapton is a musician, not a performer.

The Stones perform their songs, Clapton plays his songs.

Exactly! Performing live (putting on a show) is what Mick has said they love to do the most. Their actions support his opinion. They are showmen first and artists second.

Escape artists?

Escaped recording new music for the second leg of the 50 and Counting tour!

Sounds like a Journey rip-off...but lets give it a go

Posted by: rambler44 ()
Date: April 24, 2013 17:35

stonesrule
It's great to know so many people here are authorities on Jagger's mind.

What is wrong with trying to get our favorite band to realize the world is not going to end if they dare play some of their lesser know but equally great or in some cases greater songs than the same ones they have been playing for the past 30 years.?
What is wrong with trying to implore them to put on a fresh and unique show when the proce of a ticket is $600??

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: April 24, 2013 18:41

JumpinJackOLantern
Stones should shock the world and open with "Fight"! Let the world know the days of the warhorses are over!
You have seen the rehearsal reports?

The days of warhorses are not over.

Date: April 24, 2013 19:45

slew
The thing about a song like Worried About you is it showcases just how great a frontman Mick really is its a really good song for him to showcase everything he can do as a frontman. He starts at the electric piano in falsetto and then he can venture away and just take the microphine and be Mick Jagger. A real highlight for him to perform and showcase his talents live.

So are you saying the Frontman is an egotistical maniac who will only dig deep in the catalogue if it makes him shine??? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: slew ()
Date: April 24, 2013 22:33

Yes and no, it;s obvious to me that MJ likes to have the spotlight on him. Since when did anyone ever think Mick has an ego??

Date: April 24, 2013 22:36

JumpingJackOLantern - If they open with Fight I might just walk oot!!! I don't spend this kind of money for them to play a turd!!!! One Hit to the Body ok. The rest of Dirty Work leave in the can please!

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: April 24, 2013 22:37

keefriff99

Yes, too many tours have fallen victim to ultra-safe greatest hits setlists, but they really have dug into their back catalog more than most people think.

I agree, especially the No Security and Licks tours. Bigger Bang and this recent puzzling "tour" sees them choosing on auto-pilot once again.

I've already made up my mind to not give them any more of my money - ever, but at least for the fans that post here and ARE willing to bend over & spread their... wallets, they should go home happy after their financial rape; mortgaging and marrying themselves to this music-brand.

[thepowergoats.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-24 22:39 by jamesfdouglas.

Date: April 24, 2013 22:43

slew
JumpingJackOLantern - If they open with Fight I might just walk oot!!! I don't spend this kind of money for them to play a turd!!!! One Hit to the Body ok. The rest of Dirty Work leave in the can please!

Even Had it With You? I think that is a great song.

Date: April 25, 2013 04:38

Had It With You is okay but, I would rather hear literally 100 other songs.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: April 25, 2013 04:43

slew
Had It With You is okay but, I would rather hear literally 100 other songs.

Lucky for you there are over 400 other ones to choose from! smiling smiley

Date: April 25, 2013 05:00

slew

Dirty Work (minus Back To Zero) is a badass Stones album! I love it!

Date: April 25, 2013 05:03

Rokyfan
JumpinJackOLantern
Stones should shock the world and open with "Fight"! Let the world know the days of the warhorses are over!
You have seen the rehearsal reports?

The days of warhorses are not over.

Of course they are not over. I think I will go take a nap. Somebody please wake me up next year when they are in the studio recording a new album. If not then let me sleep!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-25 05:22 by JumpinJackOLantern.

Date: April 25, 2013 05:11

stonesrule

It's not rocket science understanding the mind of Mick Jagger. For those that think like him, that is.

Date: April 25, 2013 05:21

rambler44
stonesrule

What is wrong with trying to get our favorite band to realize the world is not going to end if they dare play some of their lesser know but equally great or in some cases greater songs than the same ones they have been playing for the past 30 years.?
What is wrong with trying to implore them to put on a fresh and unique show when the proce of a ticket is $600??

Absolutely nothing wrong with anything you have said here! I still think they could dump all the warhorses and the fans would still be in the seats come show time. Just because they are not standing up screaming their heads off doesn't mean they are not enjoying the song.

Date: April 25, 2013 05:59

Dump the warhorses, Mick! Go for it! Stop playing it safe! Or is it that you guys lack confidence in digging deeper into you're amazing catalogue?

Re: Mick Jagger please stop playing it safe!
Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: April 25, 2013 06:55

"Fight" would be awesome. And Keith should rediscover "Sleep Tonight" and "Too Rude".

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: April 25, 2013 06:59

JumpinJackOLantern
Dump the warhorses, Mick! Go for it! Stop playing it safe! Or is it that you guys lack confidence in digging deeper into you're amazing catalogue?

They wouldn't have to dump them. Just don't play 1/3 to 1/2 of them on any given night. That would provide enough room to play all kinds of stuff and satisfy everyone. I've been hoping they do this since the 80's but it doesn't seem it will happen.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: April 25, 2013 07:24

If Keith's guitar solo at Crossroads was any indication, maybe they SHOULD play it safe. If he strays too far from the tried and true, the results may be catastrophic!

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: April 25, 2013 07:39

ab
If Keith's guitar solo at Crossroads was any indication, maybe they SHOULD play it safe. If he strays too far from the tried and true, the results may be catastrophic!
Not if they have Wood and Taylor to cover for him. Thats how its been for years. Keith is there for show, and other people make the music sound good. It didn't used to be like that, and of course I wish it wasn't, but Keith is essentially there for the opening riffs of songs, and then the rest (which he either plays well or not well) is covered with instrumental protection. No one is expecting them to pull out something totally rare and have Keith step up, without rehearsal, and play a blistering solo. Thats NEVER been his style. He just used to have the skills to improvise alittle better, but overall they can play new stuff whenever they want because Keith essentially does the same thing on every song.

Posted by: scotmw65 ()
Date: April 25, 2013 07:43

Lets get crazy and whip out "Emotional Rescue".Out of our confort zone.Ala Dale carnegie.It would be very cool.

Posted by: tnhybrid ()
Date: April 25, 2013 11:13

'Emotional Rescue' for some reason is one of my all-time faves. Will lose my marbles entirely if they play that.

(Wow. I'm gonna see the ROLLING STONES!! It's finally setting in...

Back in the day I was too young or too broke to go. Spending crazy money and staying in LA for a week to make it happen and am quite chuffed!!)

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: April 25, 2013 11:24

rambler44
slew
The thing about a song like Worried About you is it showcases just how great a frontman Mick really is its a really good song for him to showcase everything he can do as a frontman. He starts at the electric piano in falsetto and then he can venture away and just take the microphine and be Mick Jagger. A real highlight for him to perform and showcase his talents live.

So are you saying the Frontman is an egotistical maniac who will only dig deep in the catalogue if it makes him shine??? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

...spot on, considering that three quarters of their back catalogue is out of reach for him, in view of his age.

That doesn't necessarily make him an egotistical maniac, mind you.

Even if he is one all the same...

These guys are not in their 20s, anymore.
They've been pitching songs & keys in light of Jagger's vocal reach ever since 1989 / 1990.

Posted by: Starr ()
Date: April 25, 2013 17:14

rambler44 - I don't eat the same lunch every day, I do not have a limited mind (the limited minds can't face up to the truth man), and I was of the opinion that Mick Taylor played on some of those songs, did he not - like for example, Wild Horses, Bitch, Brown Sugar and Angie?
I am just telling it how it is - I might not necessarily play a lot the "warhorses" all the time at home, but at a live concert, I do want to hear them - as do 99% of the audience - these are what we go to see Mick Jagger and the boys perform, not a show full of obscure tracks - GET REAL!

"till the next time..."

Date: April 26, 2013 02:55

Jumpingjack - Dirty Work is a piece of garbage by far the worst album of the Stones career. 2 very good songs, 2 listenable and 6 turds.

Date: April 26, 2013 04:59

slew
Jumpingjack - Dirty Work is a piece of garbage by far the worst album of the Stones career. 2 very good songs, 2 listenable and 6 turds.

Nonsense. I love Dirty work from top to bottom, the one exception being Back To Zero. Fight would be a killer opener and send a message to the audience that the days of playing it safe are over!

Date: April 26, 2013 06:26

Fight would be playing to empty the arena an absolute piece of crap. Dirty Work is the worst album ever put out by a top rock band. It is bloody awful and sounds like a bunch of unfinished demos. But hey if you like it more power to you but you aint ever gonna hear it live and I am thankful for that!!!

Date: April 26, 2013 06:44

slew
Fight would be playing to empty the arena an absolute piece of crap. Dirty Work is the worst album ever put out by a top rock band. It is bloody awful and sounds like a bunch of unfinished demos. But hey if you like it more power to you but you aint ever gonna hear it live and I am thankful for that!!!

Dirty work is a masterpiece! There is beauty in angst!

Date: April 26, 2013 07:34

JumpinJackOLantern
slew

Dirty work is a masterpiece! There is beauty in angst!

Just ask Michael Savage or Don Cherry!spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: April 26, 2013 15:16

rambler44
leteyer
I think that he was talking about the "real", "hard core" fans that don't like any of their music since EOME. There are plenty here.

If you are referring to me,.......They could play the entire Voodoo Lounge album in concert and I would love it. Or play gems like Too Much Blood, Had it With You, One Hit, Where the Boys Go, Slave, Sparks Will Fly, Already Over Me, Mixed Emotions, etc...

Absolutky not, love your song list.

Date: April 26, 2013 19:59

Starr
rambler44 - I don't eat the same lunch every day, I do not have a limited mind (the limited minds can't face up to the truth man), and I was of the opinion that Mick Taylor played on some of those songs, did he not - like for example, Wild Horses, Bitch, Brown Sugar and Angie?
I am just telling it how it is - I might not necessarily play a lot the "warhorses" all the time at home, but at a live concert, I do want to hear them - as do 99% of the audience - these are what we go to see Mick Jagger and the boys perform, not a show full of obscure tracks - GET REAL!

"till the next time..."

Do you really think Mick Taylor's best work with the Stones is on the Warhorses? Now you need to GET REAL! The arena will go crazy if they cut Taylor loose on CYHMK, Time Waits for No One, Moonlight Mile, Sway, Winter, If you can't rock me, etc...

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1568
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home