Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: lets spend the night together,(the movie)
Posted by: Kingen ()
Date: February 23, 2005 19:31

Yes Doxa I agree completely, I almost forgot about the movie becasue I never want to see it again until the sound is better.

Posted by: stillife ()
Date: February 24, 2005 01:07

I love this movie. The the daylight images of the full stadium. And, for me, this is the best period of the Stones on the stage. Not in terms of music but in the way they look. For me this movie represents the best image that a band can have on stage.

Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: February 24, 2005 11:51

Keith is much cooler in the Hampton show. I dont like his hair, clothes (the white shirt) or style (the beginning of the clown days) and laughing (at himself as if embarresed) in LSTNT. And I hate Micks clothes and the fu--in family show. It lacks many of the hits from the 70s but that would have been cool in the 80s of course IF they would have gone back to a more rough sound again after the comeback crap tour of 89-90. Gimmie danger Glimmer Twins!

Posted by: Rorty ()
Date: February 24, 2005 14:00

LA FORUM, true it lacks hits from the 70s ("Wild Horses", "Angie", "IORR", "Fool To Cry"?) but in that movie the Stones do not - yet - represent themselves as a juke box of their history and hit parade.

If I remember correctly, there are 6 numbers from their latest album, and about 12 (half of the totality) from their three last ones in 3 years time (SG, ER, TY) - so it looks like that they have solid current foundation in their present day material that they can rely on, and proudly present. They are a living up-to-date band that have a distinct, own sound - not a Rolling Stones tribute band trying to copy and milk out their old catalog.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-02-24 14:00 by Rorty.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1752
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home