Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Seen Mick February 2nd 2005 LIVE!!!
Posted by: Bruce ()
Date: February 17, 2005 20:26

This morning, I read an amazing article in our local newspaper here. It was the story of an American musician called 'Zach Prather', a guitarist who used to play with Luther Allison a couple of years ago...

He tells the story about his appearance this year at the Mustique Blues Festival. This year, Zach was there and played together with the 'London Blues Band', and it seems he had an amazing time there. So one evening, when they were at the Festival, someone tipped him on the shoulders, and asked whether they would be interested to join him for a couple of numbers. And yes - it was Mick Jagger!!! Actually, it's a rather long report, but it reads GREAT!

To make a short story short, Jagger played the Mustique Blues Festival on February 2, 2005. He played in a small place called 'Basil's Bar - Mustique'. And Zach joined him on stage, and they played Honky Tonk Woman! Obviously, there were less than 300 people in that small bar. Imagine!!!

NOW LISTEN THIS: JAGGER'S APPEARANCE ON THAT FESTIVAL WILL BE RELEASED ON CD, ACCORDING TO THIS NEWSPAPER ARTICLE. COPIES CAN BE ORDERED AT WWW.BASILSMUSTIQUE.COM, OR AT WWW.ZACH-PRATHER.COM. IT SAYS THAT ALL INCOME FROM THE SALE OF THIS CD WILL BE DONATED TO A CHILDREN'S PROJECT!

Thought you might be interested to know.

Re: Seen Mick February 2nd 2005 LIVE!!!
Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: February 17, 2005 20:29

That's pretty cool, do you know how long he played for and what other songs he did.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 17, 2005 22:34

Wow, that could have been posted under the "I have a dream" post. What a story - a dream come true - for Zach and for the 300 people attending.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 18, 2005 06:26

So, will someone be burning CDR's for us loyal fans? I'd like one.

Leave info in a post in this thread. Thanks

Posted by: bartman ()
Date: February 18, 2005 08:51

Posted by: Sam Spade ()
Date: February 18, 2005 16:07

Didn't Mick spend New Year's at his residence in the Carribean(Stargroves, isn't it)? Now he spotted singing in a local bar down there? Looks to me like he and Keith aren't working on the new album.

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: February 18, 2005 16:10

Mick can easily take a flight down there for a weekend or so during the recording sessions, just because he was spotted somewhere else besides a studio doesn't mean they are not working on a new album.

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: February 18, 2005 16:17

Sam Spade Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Didn't Mick spend New Year's at his residence in
> the Carribean(Stargroves, isn't it)? Now he
> spotted singing in a local bar down there? Looks
> to me like he and Keith aren't working on the new
> album.

This was february 2nd. That's a month after new year.

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: tomstones ()
Date: February 18, 2005 20:54

Keith is filming, so Mick can take a holiday. They will start recording in April and May, in June they will mix the album and start rehearsals in Toronto. This was the last information, but it is also said that they won´t release the album before christmas and start touring in January 2006. We will see...

Posted by: KeithRichards ()
Date: February 18, 2005 21:01

tomstones Wrote:
>[...]but it is
> also said that they won´t release the album before
> christmas and start touring in January 2006. We
> will see...

Where did you hear this?

Btw - about the movie thing:

Jim Hill Media indicates that Keith Richards may not be appearing in Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest as had been expected. According to the site, Richards, who was set to appear as the father of Captain Jack Sparrow, wanted a check the size of the large one Johnny Depp will receive, despite Richard's being in the film for a small fraction of the time. Meanwhile, controversy has erupted over the film's portrayal of the Carib Indians indulging in cannibalism, Telegraph reports. Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest will set sail in 2006.

(this was posted on rocks off and shidoobee before)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-02-18 21:02 by KeithRichards.

Posted by: Sam Spade ()
Date: February 18, 2005 23:24

So, you're saying they will start the tour in Sept, using the formula from 1975, tour the States without an album and hit Europe with the new album? If that's the case, we saw that on the No Security Tour.

Since there is no official word on the NEWS portion of this site, it's all speculation as to whether or not Mr Richards is currently on location shooting his part or if the new album is already in the process of being recorded.

Mick can take a holiday, but if you're working on a project (assuming Keith isn't filming) you don't up and go. Think about it, Mick doesn't take a holiday during tour rehearsals, does he?

Posted by: tomstones ()
Date: February 19, 2005 02:31

Posted by: KeithRichards (IP Logged)
Date: februar 18, 2005 21:01

tomstones Wrote:
>[...]but it is
> also said that they won´t release the album before
> christmas and start touring in January 2006. We
> will see...

Where did you hear this?

Well, once I had emptied the bottle of vodka I saw it clearly written at the ground of the bottle as I looked into it: Stones US Tour 2006.
Maybe the next bottle will tell more about the album. I will report!

Posted by: KeithRichards ()
Date: February 23, 2005 00:49

New photo

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1497
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home