Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

new sticky finger/goat head cd?
Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: February 17, 2005 17:20

DOES ANYONE HAVE THE REMASTERED C.D. PUT OUT BY VIRGIN RECORDS FOR STICKY FINGERS AND GOAT HEAD SOUP?
i have the old 1986 ones and wanted to know if i should upgrade them.. i got, iorr, black & blue and exile by virgin and they sound great..like they were just released...i think ghs has to sound better...what do you think?

Re: new sticky finger/goat head cd?
Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: February 17, 2005 17:22

The difference between the CBS SF and the Virgin SF is amazing. The Virgin is much louder and more in your face the the subdued CBS. For $10 you can't go wrong IMO.

Mathijs

Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: February 17, 2005 17:23

I have both. There is a noticable sound difference. YOu can really hear Keith's "yea" at the end of BS and his grunt at the begging od CYHMK. Winter sound really cool and on Star Star, you can really hear all of the different guitar tracks.

Date: February 17, 2005 17:44

thank you....thats exciting ...i'm going for it....

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: February 17, 2005 17:46

I have the virgin collector's edition of SF / Soup (the one with a riproduction of the original sleeve). Dont't know if current versions were improved further.

For sure they do sound much much better than the CBS version (the contrary would have been impossible!!!).

To be honest, though, esp. for SF (and Exile), the quality of the original vinyl is still something else esp. at loud volume!

By the way, I'm happy to see how cheap CDs are in Italy: the avarage price for virgin SF here is 18 euros!!! For a recording which is 34 years old. How can you blame who purchases pirate cds?

C

Posted by: john r ()
Date: February 17, 2005 19:58

the cardboard cover reproduction editions, like the current jewel-case versions, are the 1994 remasters by Bob Ludwig. I agree they are vastly superior to the poor mid 80s Columbia cds...

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 18, 2005 14:57

I don't know about the other CDs but I have the Virgin GHS and I don't think it sounds so great - but maybe that's a problem with the original recording rather than the remaster....any thoughts?

Date: February 18, 2005 15:37

hi chalawer,
i just ordered ghs.. if you had the 1986's cbs version i think you may find and hear a difference.. i saw a big improvements on b&b and iorr cd's.
ghs was recorded a little dark and muddy but i'm sure the virgin version has to sound better..i'll post it when i get it...at least i hope so!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 18, 2005 18:07

Hi Hot Stuff,

Yes, please post....I will be interested to hear what you think.

It's true that I nver heard the CBS version so I am not in a position to make a comparison.

Best regards
Chalawler

Posted by: fortilix ()
Date: February 18, 2005 19:50

Mickboy's remasters are also worth hearing. They are just for trade, so quite cheap (!) and with lots of bonus tracks. They are vinyl sourced but very carefuly transfered to CD!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1869
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home