Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: U2 Stage
Posted by: Sjouke ()
Date: February 17, 2005 14:54

The Mirror
16th February 2005

THE BIGGEST THING;
U2 AIMING FOR A NEW HIGH IN VERTIGO TOUR

by PAUL MARTIN

TODAY I can reveal the secrets of U2's amazing new tour which will take the world by storm.

The band are set to put on their most explosive shows ever which will cost over EUR 1 million a night to stage.

A top Vertigo tour insider told me they are planning their most
elaborate stage design to date.

He said: "There is going to be a total of over 3,000 lights, their biggest sound system and five video screens.

"On top of that there will be special effects which top magicians are being brought in to choreograph.

"This is the biggest show that a rock band have ever taken on the road - the costs involved are huge.

"We're talking about EUR1million a night between the actual stage effects, electricity and road staff.

"There will be 120 road crew who come on tour and set it all up at each venue.

"On top of that there will be a personal assistant for each member of the band, a top team of accountants, a wardrobe consultant and two press officers."

The show will be a stark contrast to their Elevation world tour four years ago when they got back to basics.

They played more intimate arenas and stripped down the effects and stage design to more modest levels.

The band have sold out two nights at Croke Park in June and are being tipped to add a third.

The source added: "The rehearsals for the tour are going well. It's going to be a visual musical feast which sets new standards."

(c) MGN Ltd. 2005

Sjouke

Re: OT: U2 Stage
Posted by: Rorty ()
Date: February 17, 2005 15:27

Hmm.. how I get the feeling that I now know what the next Stones tour is going to be like...

Hey Mick Jagger... Please don't take take that U2 bullshit as a challenge or a standard!!! Do something different, like being more minimalist and simpler.. just the plain band and the best catalog of earth...

- doxa

Posted by: stillife ()
Date: February 17, 2005 23:52

U2 will use the visual impact to hide the poor music of the last album.

Posted by: kaskatanas ()
Date: February 18, 2005 00:08

Stillife..... nothing to add!! smiling smiley

Posted by: ThatsWhatISay ()
Date: February 18, 2005 15:58

I really don't like shows which are overloaded with special effects, because with the time you watch the concert you get used to them. Stones shows always had a few special effects very well distributed over the whole show which impresses people a lot more than a show that merely consists of flames, inflatables etc.
For example during the Licks tour: the concert had very discreet and beautiful light effects and then !BUMM! Sympathy for the Devil left your jaws wide opened. I haven't ever seen light effects as tasteful and beautiful as those at Stones concerts. Especially the B2B stage was awesome...

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: February 18, 2005 16:15

I thought the popmart tour stage was absolutely awesome. They had an incredible huge screen. AMAZING!!!

The result of something like that is that it blows you away because there are so many lights coming at you. It takes something away from the music because you are more concentrating on the visual affects than the music. However it can also add something to a lot of songs. Where the Streets have no name must the best live song i have ever seen by any band. The intro is great and then when the drums are coming suddenly BOOM the lights hit you right in the face and the place goes absolutely wild!! This is an example, like ThatsWhatISay gave with Sympathie, where the effects are perfectly tuned with the song.

I loved the last tour U2 because it was simpler than before wich gave it a nice alternation. So i think it is great that they'll go "over the top" again but they have to go back to the basics the following tour to keep it interesting.

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: kaskatanas ()
Date: February 18, 2005 21:18

WTSHNN the best song in live?? Yóu´re joking...

Posted by: terry ()
Date: February 18, 2005 23:43

the egos have landed..u2 tour is gonna be well over the top what they doing with majicians and @#$%& dancers...just stick to the music @#$%& the special affects...mind you the majicians could make bono disappear...just stick to playing your rock songs like sunday bloody sunday..i thought the learnt they lesson with the pop mart tour

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1866
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home